As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Ghost in the Shell

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    You got matched against a group of space samurai.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    That's one way to finish call to arms even quicker

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Your team was the 60... right?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

just played a crucible match where the enemy team only used swords

i mean ONLY

without power ammo

no guns

ONLY SWORDS

it went 60-3 in like 2 minutes and got mercy ruled

I am so confused

Confused by how awesome they were?

I can see that. You don't see that kind of concentrated awesome every day.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Oh for the love of fuck all.

No. More. Fighting. Lions.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The fucked up thing about fighting Lion is I could see myself subscribing to its gimmick if it wasn't so gangly to use

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Alternately if I could infuse it into ANYTHING BESIDES FUCKIN' GRENADE LAUNCHERS

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Alternately if I could infuse it into ANYTHING BESIDES FUCKIN' GRENADE LAUNCHERS

I was happy when I got a farting lion because it meant I could use one of my multiple 305 grenado launchers to address my energy slot deficit

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I have 305 EVERYTHING... except arms... all my weekly powerful engrams dropped HELMETS... I've had a 305 helmet for a week now.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I know we have others in the clan who've reached this point last week, but I FINALLY got the boots to drop for my warlock!

yp5t6h4unuo0.jpg

:o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    That sudden realization that I now have a warlock alt I need to do pvp chores on.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    So I caved and bought this. I’m not going in completely blind, but I’ve never touched the first Destiny, or much of the Halo series for that matter. Any must have tips before I dive in? I’d like to get into the multiplayer eventually, but how long is it feasible to run solo while I get my FPS feet wet again?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    you can run the whole story solo no problem

you can jump into pvp solo too, it will match make you. it is more fun with an actual fire team you assemble but it will still work. Same goes for strikes

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Holy poop. We played a control match where we got stomped. Dude went 10+ kd on us which is insane.

Turns out he's top 100 in 2 playlists and top 500 in another two.

Yoloswaggie. Get on board the fan train early. The kid is going places.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Totally went Dead Orbit for shaders, everyone can blame Bunglo for putting in so many guns that look good with them

• Options
    I wonder if Hideo and Lakshmi throw shade because they didn't win the rally?

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm only Power level 220 (I'm on Io story missions now!) And decided to make a Titan.

I like my warlock. But there is just something so meaty about the Titan's melee.

Like run at the enemy while firing and finish them off with a big meaty punch to the face.

I did not even bother to shoot the dog things at the start of the game i just let them all run at me and punched them to death one by one as they reached me.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Woo, I think tonight was the fastest I've cleared the raid so far!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    First raid clear tonight!
    Got the auto rifle and the sword, helmet and boots.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Teamarino Reunitarino completion went remarkably smooth, particularly with folks taking first crack at a few encounters, or at least encounter roles. Good times all! Thanks for coming out everyone!

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    two powerful engrams this week on my hunter decrypting at my power level. What the fuck. Already frustrated by a string of god awful crucible matches, having worthless waste of time weeklies is not helping.

EDIT: exotic engram decrypted 3 levels below my power. This is not enjoyable. EDIT2: it was not an old engram.

If you see a powerful reward Engram that's not a level you like don't claim it. I did this earlier tonight with our Clan Engram for the Crucible it was reading 299, so I left it and came back an hour later (nothing about my total possible Light Level changed) and it was 300. The Raid Engram immediately following it was also 300, so I claimed that. Now the Vanguard Enblem that followed says 299, so I'm leaving it and claiming it tomorrow should it change to 300.

Edit: My max possible LL is 303, so it's not the usual variance for being 305.

user on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So this is a bunch of questions
    All I really know about Destiny is a nsfw video and the not legos

I know people complain about it's cosmetic system? as it's tempting to spend real money for digital stuff?

Ok my questions are reading off the Batte.net ap
    What does the 90 dollar thing get you on the PC? it says game and expansion bundle?
    What does the extra 10 one get?
    Can I play this game casually as in when I feel like it and not get way behind?
    Am I stuck playing a class or can I make different characters or swap between specs?

• Options
    "Hakke: for when you want to fight both your opponent and your gun."

Okay I laughed.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I know people complain about it's cosmetic system? as it's tempting to spend real money for digital stuff?

What does the 90 dollar thing get you on the PC? it says game and expansion bundle?
    Am I stuck playing a class or can I make different characters or swap between specs?

Cosmetics: Eh, I tossed them some money 'cause what the hell. I got some shinies and an awesome looking spaceship, and some cool speeders. Everything is functionally identical to other stuff, so "meh, whatever". I don't care for most of the gun skins, etc. People simultaneously complain it exists and that it's not attractive enough for them to spend on, so it's "people being people" really.

90 bucks: Game + season pass.

100 bucks: As above but probably with a couple pieces of high-end equipment (starter purples, no big whoop) and an exotic laser gun (decent, not omg). Your standard "deluxe order' stuff.

Casually: Eh, I do. I mean I play most days at the moment, but if I didn't feel like it, I don't think it'd matter too much unless I went weeks, at which point I'd probably be a little behind in gear; take a little time to catch up. No big deal though I think.

3 classes, 3 character slots, each class has 3 specs available. They like 3s and triangles, and I am 100% certain there's a reason. Bank is shared.

Is good game. I liked a whole lot of things about 1 better, but the advancement and systems in 2 are generally better.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm a bit hesitant how you can really get behind in gear once you're 305 (until they inevitably up the cap). Aren't you basically just picking whichever item perks you like best and/or whatever looks best at that point?

Also, my Crucible W/L is at 4-1. So if I stop playing now I can claim I play at .800 in pubbie games.

President Rex on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

You can have three characters, there are three classes so logically you can have one of each.

As others have said, there are three sub-classes per class that you can freely swap between. They take a bit to unlock all the abilities though. Going further, each subclass has two different spec options within it, as well as three different choices of grenades, two choices of "class ability", three different kinds of jumps.

On top of all that stuff, your equipment will modify your play style a lot. What guns you use has the most dramatic effect. Your armor setup can affect this too, most specifically your choice of exotic armor which will have some kind of cool gameplay effect.

• Options
    Got 3/5 Optimacy set for Hunter, looks pretty fly
    j08ngpd0omhy.png
    Unfortunately not at all my why current loadout looks like, since I have to stack towards Recovery in Trials.

I wrote a long post on how dumb the new stat and loot system is and just deleted it, it's so annoying how garbage mobility is as a stat. Abilities feel weaker and stats are so restrictive on builds. Armor stats affected by class choice is just, ??? Kinda at the point where mods feel more exciting to get than guns which is so lame. Also static gun rolls mean that if a gun is bad, it's always bad. In D1 even garbage guns could roll interesting perks sometimes. Loot is feeling a lot less compelling to me here. Most armor is poop and once I get a gun once I'm set forever.

Anyways thanks for everyone who Trials'd with me over the weekend. Sorry if I tilted and got snippy on comms, I think new Trials is too unforgiving and susceptible to bullshit. I'm annoyed at the game more than anything.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Armor stats are the same as the stats that were in subclasses in D1, so it's not like these stats being affected by class choice is anything new. Same with mobility not being considered very good.

As for getting tilted, don't worry about it. If you hadn't said you were getting tilted I honestly wouldn't have noticed.

cB557 on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I think hes commenting on the fact that a void warlock with blink and 0 mobility is faster than a hunter with 10. They also get insane regen abilities on TOP of their easily high recovery. And as a hunter its impossible to spec out of mobility. The hunter recovery boots don't even have recovery on them.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah my nightstalker is kitted for resistance/mobility (zero recovery) and my gunslinger is like a 50/50 split of mobility and resistance with low tier recovery.

Honestly I think the shit's bugged. You would assume, based on wording that the intrinsic traits on armor would give a flat +1 the same way stat mods work when added in.

Beezel on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I hate Hunter so much

I want another character slot just so I can have four characters that aren't hunters.

• Options
    Before there were atleast choices, Hunter armor with Recovery is really hard to find, pretty sure boots can't roll with it unless a mod is in. I looked back at some screen shots of my hunter during campaign when I wore whatever, and easily was 10-9 mobility with a 0 or 1 in Recovery.

Warlocks get the Rift and fast as shit Recovery. Mobility only affecting walk speed and jumping is worthless, because movement is slow no matter what, and if you run away with Sprint it doesn't matter how much Mobility you have which is how most people will disengage fights. The only healing ability on Hunters is triggered by getting melee kills, which is A) a bad idea now and B) weak as shit. 3 stabs to kill feels awkward as hell. Hunters have a toolkit largely useless in PvP where they used to shine. It's frustrating to know I lose a lot of engagements based on stats I can't control.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Before there were atleast choices, Hunter armor with Recovery is really hard to find, pretty sure boots can't roll with it unless a mod is in. I looked back at some screen shots of my hunter during campaign when I wore whatever, and easily was 10-9 mobility with a 0 or 1 in Recovery.

Warlocks get the Rift and fast as shit Recovery. Mobility only affecting walk speed and jumping is worthless, because movement is slow no matter what, and if you run away with Sprint it doesn't matter how much Mobility you have which is how most people will disengage fights. The only healing ability on Hunters is triggered by getting melee kills, which is A) a bad idea now and B) weak as shit. 3 stabs to kill feels awkward as hell. Hunters have a toolkit largely useless in PvP where they used to shine. It's frustrating to know I lose a lot of engagements based on stats I can't control.

Are you wearing the go fast boots at all? I think they're the Stomp-EE5s? For me it's tough because of how hard I've always leaned on knucklehead radar, but the boots feel fast for what that's worth. I don't like that hunter mobility is maybe tied to a single exotic though, which makes me think there's something broken about the mobility stat.

I still like golden gun, and nightstalker has the invis on dodge plus smoke grenade that pings radar, but that's kinda where I run out of nice things to say about hunter. Arcstrider is hard to use against people who aren't terrible. It's cool in theory against the current clump-up gameplan everybody uses, but I usually don't.

Still, I don't want to play anything else. On one hand I wish we had more in our repertoire, but on the other I'm fairly confident about being first in line for buffs. That may be wishful thinking

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    I don't have Stompees yet. I'm doing well with Golden Gun as super and Swarm grenades, and Nightstalker has some utility. I just feel like Hunters being forced into one spec is lame if it grants such a significant advantage to use others. Arcstrider is a total letdown in PvP, the perks just don't work well because melee doesn't perform as well and getting kills with it is really risky. As a follow up to Bladedancers, they have a lot less going for them.

Aside from the obvious issue of Dodge Roll being a lot less useful than the other two abilities, the melee spec for that is near useless. The free reload is nice, but hardly something that saves my life reliably. I get the idea behind the changes, they wanted each class to feel more distinct in their roles and that's admirable. Or, it would be, if not for how pointless Mobility feels as a stat right now. In D1 there was maybe a case to make for max Agility because you could do the whole hoppy, ninja-like confusing movement to disorient people. Movement is a lot less drastic here making that rushdown kind of approach basically suicide. I had to unlearn my ramdo style of play in exchange for hiding a lot to stay alive.

We'll see if they address it eventually, but right now Hunters feel weaker by design in PvP.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

my hunter is at 8 mobility and i’ve specifically chosen the not-mobility perk on all my gear

resistance and recovery are both under 5

it is dumb

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    I wish I'd ever unlock a non stupid hunter mask

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    I love that survivalist boots WITH a recovery mod give zero additional recovery.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    The best I can manage is 6 Recovery, and looking around online that seems to be the case for a lot of people. Apparently the armor set from Io rolls Recovery reliably which is good to know, there's sets marked 'Survivalist' that have it like Road Complex.

From Reddit:
    For hunters 6 is the max you can get.

2 from helmet, 1 from gloves, 2 from chest and 1 from a + recovery mod on boots. So far there isn't any difference between Heavy and Survivalist boots for hunter, not clear if that is a bug or working as intended ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's only Recovery mods for Hunters on Boots, which dashes my hope of stretching it out with mods.

More Reddit stolen info;
    This means that the base starting stats for each class are: Hunter 4/1/0 Titan 0/5/0 Warlock 0/1/4

Add in the mods and you get Hunter 5/2/1 Titan 0/7/1 Warlock 0/2/6

This then leaves you to pick 4 pieces of armor with the intrinsic and optional perks you want.

Bare in mind that although all classes can max 4 extra Mobility / Resilience / Recovery via the intrinsic perk the optional perks are limited depending on the class being played. Hunters only get up to 2 extra Mobility or Recovery but could take up to 4 extra Resilience from the optional perks while Titans could take only 2 extra Mobility or Resilience but up to 4 extra Recovery and the Warlock only 2 extra Recovery or Resilience but up to 4 extra Mobility.

So not only are you forced to start at a high Mobility, but every piece of armor has the Intrinsic perk, which for Hunters is always Mobility/Resilience. All this stuff was under class nodes in D1 and easily swapped around. Some nods were affected by perks but most of the time you could kit high armor and recovery pretty well still.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Gotta strafe more, nerds.

I'll bet the hunter sprint perk in arc does give the same 5% bonus as that pair of warlock booties, though.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Strafe does ass all if I have to spend more time in cover to heal. Less time in the fight is less time spent helping my teammates, and thus less effective teamfiring. If they want us to work together don't limit my stats so that's harder to do. In PvP or PvE, it's smart to buff up health and recovery because the situations in which you need walking speed increases are very rare. There are only two exotics in the game that actually affect Sprint speed, Mida and Transversive Steps...

Here's how the stats add up:
    Resilience

Resiliency Health
    0 186
    1 188
    2 190
    3 192
    4 194
    5 196
    6 197
    7 198
    8 199
    9 200
    10 201

Now you may notice health points increase by 2 points up until resiliency level 5. Each level after that only increases health by 1 point. Resiliency level 4 or 5 appears to be the current sweet spot as it provides sufficient protection against weapons like the widely-used MIDA Multi-Tool while leaving enough points to put toward other stats.

Destiny 2 players can certainly shoot for max resiliency but be aware the increase in health from levels 6 to 10 is not as large as 0 to 5.

Recovery

The recovery stat has perhaps become the preferred stat in Destiny 2. This determines how quickly your Guardian recovers their health and shield, which means less downtime hiding behind a rock when you should be supporting your fireteam by shooting at enemies.

Each recovery level reduces the time it takes to get back to full health by approximately 0.3 seconds. That means there is a full three seconds difference between recovery level 0 and 10. This should be the stat you try to max out the most once the mobility and resiliency stats are set to acceptable minimums.

Almost every guide I see online suggest spec towards Resilience and Recovery over Mobility. I see a lot of people saying that 3 Mobility makes you snappy enough to still strafe effectively vs a 10 Mobility user. Meanwhile the other two stats make your survivability a flat, dependable stat that doesn't rely on your skill at strafing or the enemies' skill at landing hits. I mean, Destiny is a game notorious for high aim assist. Vaguely gesturing at an enemy can cause the sights to snap to them, making strafe a lot less meaningful if they've already sighted onto you.

Also while googling about 'Recovery and Destiny 2' I found on the first page an ebay posting, advertising guaranteed Flawless runs for 25 bucks via account recovery.