Options

Penny Arcade October [chat] Spooktacular

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Totinos doesn't think much of its customers:

https://youtu.be/SMMelNl99qU

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    There's a certain je ne sais quois in a lot of industrial music and metal sound

Some has it for me, some doesn't

Example: Rational Gaze by Meshuggah is the only song of there's that has it, and i love it

A lot of Rammsteins stuff has it. I don't know what it is.

I wish i could find more of it.
    Dunno that first one, but shooting with my gut:

Eisbrecher by Eisbrecher
    Panzer Battalion/Primo Victoria/Into The Fire by Sabaton (more power metal but the best workout music you will ever find)
    March of Mephisto by Kamelot (...fantasy black metal?)
    Oddity by Coal Chamber (maybe too... dark?)
    Mini Mini Mini/Sturm & Drang by KMFDM

I guess only the first and last would really be industrial, probably?

@SummaryJudgment

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Ghostbusters is so dumb and dangerous.

It's true

This man has no dick.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only indie puzzle platformers

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Oh non rien de rien
    Oh non je ne regrette rien
    Wenn ich ihre Haut verließ
    Der Frühling blutet in Paris

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think constant negative review of a game (from new purchase to prevent review sniping) should delist your game until further review.

If you release several games that get this review process triggered your entire steam offerings should get taken offline permanently unless you pay a huge fine.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    as a totino's customer, we ain't so great.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I think constant negative review of a game (from new purchase to preview review sniping) should delist your game until further review.

If you release several games that get this review process triggered your entire steam offerings should get taken offline permanently unless you pay a huge fine.

But wouldn't games like No Man's Sky get delisted for this?

Actually you know what I'm fine with that.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I think constant negative review of a game (from new purchase to preview review sniping) should delist your game until further review.

literally no downside to this

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I want to see how the Taco Bell employees here would handle ridiculous order customizations, but that would be mean.

Something like this:
    BaiFFi3.jpg

Semi related, I once ordered three dozen McDoubles and the guy at the counter got his manager.

"What's the issue?"
    "This guy ordered three dozen McDoubles"
    "So make three dozen McDoubles."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    scooby doo is about being a skeptic in a world where powerful rich white men use superstition to control the masses.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I have a stack of Totino’s pizzas in my freezer right now. I keep it real.

However highly Totino’s thinks of its customers, it’s too high. TOO high.

• Options

Hey Steam's recent reviews for it are mostly positive!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    steam's userbase are the worst morons on the planet so I am opposed to giving them even more power to the entitled shits with their stupid negative review bombs over such intensely trivial bullshit that makes me embarrassed to even play games on the same planet as them

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    No Mans Sky is really good now. It was bad. Now it’s not.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Eh, they lied too much before the game launched to build up hype for me to care anymore. If they had slapped an early access tag on it I would not have been so annoyed.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Dropped my computer off with a repair shop. My suspicion is now that the video card is borked but I figured I'd let the professionals handle it and learn to fix it from them

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man the poor WiiU. I understand the whole look and bulkiness of it turning people off but it was still, essentially, Switch but tethered to home. It makes sense but at the same time is a bit crazy how much a generation of changes to full mobility changed peoples minds. Especially when a lot of those people still keep the Switch at home primarily with the rarity of them. But that is lessening now too.

• Options
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    steam's userbase are the worst morons on the planet so I am opposed to giving them even more power to the entitled shits with their stupid negative review bombs over such intensely trivial bullshit that makes me embarrassed to even play games on the same planet as them

You're just describing 13 year olds really. Until we can stop them from posting on the internet, anything with review systems that they'd engage with is gonna get some garbage.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

Well, Steam allowing refunds makes purchases less of a barrier.

A coordinated group could probably destroy a small developer unless there were additional controls in place.

An assumption less safe than I would have thought a year ago.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    kzxbrvkhzozd.jpg

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    You know what? I changed my mind. Fuck capitalism.

This is a fuckin amazing ad i just want to bathe in its nihilism

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

You're just describing 13 year olds really. Until we can stop them from posting on the internet, anything with review systems that they'd engage with is gonna get some garbage.

I mean

can't we?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man the poor WiiU. I understand the whole look and bulkiness of it turning people off but it was still, essentially, Switch but tethered to home. It makes sense but at the same time is a bit crazy how much a generation of changes to full mobility changed peoples minds. Especially when a lot of those people still keep the Switch at home primarily with the rarity of them. But that is lessening now too.

The Wii U would have succeeded if it launched with Mario Maker, imo.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.

• Options
    User reviews are good.

• Options

Eh, they lied too much before the game launched to build up hype for me to care anymore. If they had slapped an early access tag on it I would not have been so annoyed.
    That's just, like

your opinion, man.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

That ad makes me want to buy Timberlands.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

tumblr_oxzsekexxI1uufl6zo1_500.jpg

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »

Well, Steam allowing refunds makes purchases less of a barrier.

A coordinated group could probably destroy a small developer unless there were additional controls in place.

An assumption less safe than I would have thought a year ago.

I'd say make it sufficiently expensive.

25k bad reviews (don't publicize the number that triggers it) (couple it with chargebacks to make it harder to determine what triggers it).

Is someone going to charge $250k~ of their own money or stolen money to cover that? (assuming it's at least a $10 game)

That'd be a hell of a gamble, and you could only do it once, I doubt there's that many compromised cards floating around.. well.. there probably is, but why use them to do review bombing when you can actually get physical goods that can't be taken away from you?

Not to mention compromised cards can't initiate chargebacks without access to the account itself (unlikely to be realistically possible in a large scale situation like this).

• Options

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.
    Well I'm pretty sure you're objectively wrong about SimCity.

• Options
    I mean you’re not obligated to give a game a second look but I thought everyone agreed that hello games handled the fallout like rookies but that the real evil here was pressure from Sony to drop it early.

All I’m saying is that there is a corporation to blame here

• Options

Oh man yeah.

Well I'm pretty sure you're objectively wrong about SimCity.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I got into a Last Man Standing competition, where to progress we have to pick a single winner from each weekend's Premiership games, last man left gets 740~ish monies.

I'm somehow survived long enough for there to only be about ten of us left, and all the (almost) sure fire winners are gone.
    This is killing me.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    The real meat and potatoes are the 2 and 4 star reviews, 2 stars for gripes, 4 stars for benefits, 3 stars got compromised a few months back after companies realized people ignore 5 and 1 stars and head straight for 3 for the real reviews.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Fitness, friends, and sleep

• Options
    I often look around for some free to play bullshit that'll engage my curiosity for like an hour or so

user reviews are good there to figure out what is just utter poop and what has merit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

I get to pick one more than I have now? Sweet!

• Options
    I mean you’re not obligated to give a game a second look but I thought everyone agreed that hello games handled the fallout like rookies but that the real evil here was pressure from Sony to drop it early.

All I’m saying is that there is a corporation to blame here

I dunno why they lied about stuff in the marketing then. Almost certainly at least partially Sony's fault for pushing it out to market.

This discussion has been closed.