Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    During the Anniversary Raid against the Moogle King, one of the craftable materia was a thing called "Mog Wisdom," which boosts your LB fill rate by 50%. In other words, if it would take 16 lb crystals to fill up, it instead only takes 12. Since Aria also has High Tide, that would be a 150% boost, meaning that it would "only" take 5 lb crystals for her limit to fill and be available.

In other news, I tried the Skeleton King this morning. Soleil w/ 100% evade, iNichol, Illias for break resist and MP restore, and 2x Orlandeau.

Everything was going fine, he wasn't really doing any damage, until at some point some attack on like turn 6 came through and hit me for around 4-5k, killing half my party. So I gave up. Probably messed up the rotation.

I think I will switch Soleil for Zarg and Illias for Marie. Also, the devs said they would send out the knife to anyone who completes the fight today, so if you happen to beat him today you get both the mace and the knife.

Do you know what % his health was at?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Dualcast has some purpose still, but it's dependent. I'm behind on the story right now so I don't have Lakshmi yet, so Ayaka is running around with Carbuncle. She has dualcast White, but before I pulled Ayaka, I had a DC Refia and the times I needed to cast a white and green spell in the same turn have been nice.

Now, if you have the right support units in your team at all times, you probably don't need a bar-elementa spell. Marie or Tilith make it useless. But there are definitely times when I wish Ayaka's native dualcast wasn't just for white spells. I wouldn't waste a slot on her for dualcast now, but sometimes...

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Fuck you game... I was going to try Nightmare and it told me EggyToast wasn't a valid unit due to whatever. He didn't come up after refresh, so I closed the game. Log back in and now I'm down to 1 Key.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Do MP refresh effects stack? Like can I use Charlotte's and Prishe's (not the chain ender) and have both in effect at the same time?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I do have a Cecil, but I never really leveled him. My tanking duties are on Warrior of Light, who is a cooler dude.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Do MP refresh effects stack? Like can I use Charlotte's and Prishe's (not the chain ender) and have both in effect at the same time?

They only stack if they're from different sources (ability, equipment, innate, etc). Since those are both abilities, it will just use whichever one is highest.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I do have a Cecil, but I never really leveled him. My tanking duties are on Warrior of Light, who is a cooler dude.

Cecil gets Curaga and is a good candidate for dualcast. He can turn into a pretty good healer just through that, in addition to his tanking duties. Since your best healer seems to be Fina, Cecil may be worth leveling up for you. He also has Focus for MAG/SPR buffs and his LB is a really great all stat buff. The only thing you'll need to make sure you have is a good source of status clearing/raise (WoL does have raise, so that's nice) since Cecil can't really do those things.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    During the Anniversary Raid against the Moogle King, one of the craftable materia was a thing called "Mog Wisdom," which boosts your LB fill rate by 50%. In other words, if it would take 16 lb crystals to fill up, it instead only takes 12. Since Aria also has High Tide, that would be a 150% boost, meaning that it would "only" take 5 lb crystals for her limit to fill and be available.

In other news, I tried the Skeleton King this morning. Soleil w/ 100% evade, iNichol, Illias for break resist and MP restore, and 2x Orlandeau.

Everything was going fine, he wasn't really doing any damage, until at some point some attack on like turn 6 came through and hit me for around 4-5k, killing half my party. So I gave up. Probably messed up the rotation.

I think I will switch Soleil for Zarg and Illias for Marie. Also, the devs said they would send out the knife to anyone who completes the fight today, so if you happen to beat him today you get both the mace and the knife.

Do you know what % his health was at?

I'm going to guess 40%. Once he hits 40%, he does a move that restores 3% HP and 10% MP. That will bring his magic damage back up; maybe enough for that one round KO with his remaining moves. Definitely enough to do it on the next round if you don't re-drain his MP.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Wow, I had pretty much no problems with the ELT Halloween boss, but Nightmare wrecked me in two turns. That physical AoE attack is monstrous since it also breaks your DEF and SPR. I took Charlotte instead of WoL for her MP charge, and she covered the first Sweep but it did 8k of her 8.5k HP, even with ATK broken. Killed Charlotte with an auto attack and then proceeded to do 2k-3k auto attacks on everyone else. Dude doesn't even need his magic attacks with physical attacks like that.

I'll have to bring GL Sakura for break immunity, which is not ideal, and then I have to buff DEF immediately. Soleil, unfortunately, will not cut it because I've only awakened her SPR and MAG dances. I suppose I could start with her DEF dance, can she combo an awakened dance off of an unawakened dance? If I can prevent the DEF break, I think I can do it.

Now I have to farm keys to try again.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »

They only stack if they're from different sources (ability, equipment, innate, etc). Since those are both abilities, it will just use whichever one is highest.

When we say equipment, does it count different sources there as well, or only the highest buff? So a Soluna ring with Magical Top Hat (both 5% MP regen) won't stack together, right? But one piece of equipment will stack with something like Pure White Blessing, and the character's native auto-refresh?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    ATK/MAG Breaks, strong Osmose, stat break prevention and party damage reduction all seem like a pretty good idea for this guy. He's killed me off twice.

• Options
    I might set up GL Sakura for a more support based build for the Nightmare fight if anyone wants it. She has break resistance (which also includes Confusion resistance), then I can give her Pod 153 for the physical damage reduction skill.

Or I can build for pure MAG, but I can't get too high right now, maybe 800-900.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

When we say equipment, does it count different sources there as well, or only the highest buff? So a Soluna ring with Magical Top Hat (both 5% MP regen) won't stack together, right? But one piece of equipment will stack with something like Pure White Blessing, and the character's native auto-refresh?

As far as I know all MP regen stacks from equipment and materia. Not sure about abilities.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Fuck you game... I was going to try Nightmare and it told me EggyToast wasn't a valid unit due to whatever. He didn't come up after refresh, so I closed the game. Log back in and now I'm down to 1 Key.

It Should still be unlocked for you to try. once it spends the keys, even if you back out, it should remember that you unlocked it once.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Wow, I had pretty much no problems with the ELT Halloween boss, but Nightmare wrecked me in two turns. That physical AoE attack is monstrous since it also breaks your DEF and SPR. I took Charlotte instead of WoL for her MP charge, and she covered the first Sweep but it did 8k of her 8.5k HP, even with ATK broken. Killed Charlotte with an auto attack and then proceeded to do 2k-3k auto attacks on everyone else. Dude doesn't even need his magic attacks with physical attacks like that.

I'll have to bring GL Sakura for break immunity, which is not ideal, and then I have to buff DEF immediately. Soleil, unfortunately, will not cut it because I've only awakened her SPR and MAG dances. I suppose I could start with her DEF dance, can she combo an awakened dance off of an unawakened dance? If I can prevent the DEF break, I think I can do it.

Now I have to farm keys to try again.

Looks more like an Illusionist Nichole fight. he can mana drain, aoe mirage the party and get the tank (who i hope is 100% evading) to take all the damage...which is kinda none. but since i havent leveled mine at all, this does not look like a fight im going to make progress on. Nichol seems worth leveling...hes even kinda easy to gear and still ends up with 7k+ health.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    I may switch my friend unit off of Fry for this Halloween boss to Trance Terra. I've got one mostly enhanced that I can get around 1k magic. She should be able to Osmose the boss to make him hit like a wet noodle and then blow him up.

The problem is getting her to live through the first round.

• Options
    Spent the NRG to get my key's back and gave it a try. Using EggyToasts Zarg and iNichol is was a breeze till 40%. The problem is the turn order, he uses Eternal Torment near the front which basically makes him incredibly dangerous again. I used DV to boost dark to balance out his debuff, but I'm not sure how to balance out the -80% fire. He lowered my resistance then used hailfire, which now he has MP, so it wiped half my party.

If I try again, I'll make sure to have at least someone's 40% element boost on and maybe 20 DM as well. Not really sure how to kill him though. I Zarg and Tilith survived, so I used Zarg to MP drain while Tilith revived. Didn't matter, as 1 MP drain got me 1-2K and he recovers 10K per turn. Which mean's every turn I'd need multiple units draining MP and not attacking.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »

It Should still be unlocked for you to try. once it spends the keys, even if you back out, it should remember that you unlocked it once.

Nope, it was asking for key's again. I submitted a ticket. Hopefully they can comp me keys or NRG.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    MOST forms of active MP refresh do not stack. So if you cast "MP Refresh" on a unit, doing it again won't add more MP. Only the strongest will apply. So, don't use Cover and Demonic Whisper from Laskmi for a boost to MP.

I tried it again because I like hard bosses. He got me at 13% because he does Soul Siphon to restore his MP and then some of his spells afterward hit, and the low SPR units I had got hammered :( Until then he was a pussycat. I needed stronger/better elemental resists up, apparently, but both Marie and Minfilia are on a 24hr expedition.

I have a 100% evade Zarg (who was MVP for generating esper orbs and otherwise being his tanky self as well as tossing some team MP restore items at double efficiency), an iNichol who just breaks and sets up the AOE cover, Tilith (for team break resist and some MP restore), and then Orlandeau, Dark Veritas, and friend DV.

Going to try it again with magic chaining damage just so that I have the boosted SPR on my units.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Unsurprisingly GL Sakura with Diabolos seems handcrafted for this Nightmare fight. I'm going to power through the story dungeons to get that 100% Moogle for her while I wait for the clear condition to be fixed. Then I'll put her up as my friend unit.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Looks like I won't be trying the event then. I don't think I have anyone except Wilhelm up past 4k health and I don't have the proper tmrs to even attempt various unit comps at it. oh well, back to story / tmr grinding.

Or the crystals dungeon. Maybe I can get my current espers to 40 (just got odin but only 1 star right now).

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Does the Zargabaath berserk "bug" still work? Would an Illusionist Nicole + Evade Tank + Jump Unit + Zargabaath make this fight basically easy street?

• Options
    That was fixed a few months ago, sadly

• Options
    Something to keep in mind, if your evade tank is using Ring of Lucii, you'll probably fail the 'No White Magic' mission as holy counts.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Cecil gets Curaga and is a good candidate for dualcast. He can turn into a pretty good healer just through that, in addition to his tanking duties. Since your best healer seems to be Fina, Cecil may be worth leveling up for you. He also has Focus for MAG/SPR buffs and his LB is a really great all stat buff. The only thing you'll need to make sure you have is a good source of status clearing/raise (WoL does have raise, so that's nice) since Cecil can't really do those things.

Wouldn't two tanks in the team be kind of overkill? For emergency rez Rikku does have Mega Phoenix and her LB, but the status thing is a problem.

Basically, my current five team for most stuff is WoL/Onion/Fina/Rikku/Exdeath. It sort of covers a decent amount of eventualities. I have a fully cactuared 9S and a Cid in the bench.

• Options
    Not sure I'm even going to try this again. Reading on Reddit, under 40% it's all RNG based. You could get screwed and have him use Eternal Torment every turn or you could get luck and have him skip a turn or 2 without using it.

They did send me my 10 key's back, so maybe one more go at it. If I do, would Minfilia make the most sense to bring? The rest of my party: Eggy's Zarg for my tank, iNichol, Tilith, DV and TGCid. I'm thinking Minfilia with Ramah, would allow her to throw up Flameguard and osmose to help keep MP down after 40%.

• Options

Wouldn't two tanks in the team be kind of overkill? For emergency rez Rikku does have Mega Phoenix and her LB, but the status thing is a problem.

Basically, my current five team for most stuff is WoL/Onion/Fina/Rikku/Exdeath. It sort of covers a decent amount of eventualities. I have a fully cactuared 9S and a Cid in the bench.

Think of Cecil as a healer who can moonlight as a tank. In some fights using two tanks is actually super useful (I used Cecil as my main healer and secondary tank when I took down Sheratan, for example). Also, if you use WoL's 100% provoke skills, Cecil will cover him and take massively reduced damage thanks to Saintly Wall or whatever it's called.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Dodge tank is, unfortunately, not an option for me. My best candidates are Ling or Tidus, but with the gear and abilities I have, the best I can do is 75%. I haven't farmed any Quick Assaults yet and I haven't summoned enough Cyans to get Evade. I really need to farm out 20 Sides Die, though, I always forget that thing has dodge.

Just going to have to plan on taking the hits dead on. Illusionist Nichol seems like a good idea still, so I'm going to grind him out. He's already halfway through 5*, I burned through a bunch of Arena Medals / Tickets to get stat pots for GL Sakura, shouldn't be too bad to power level him the rest of the way. The event is open through next week, so don't have to rush it.

Zomro on
  • Options
    @EggyToast are you planning on keeping that Zargabaath up for the next while? I just pulled an Illusionist Nicole and I'd love to take a 100% evade Zaarg with me to the Nightmare fight. But I need some time to grind out some cactuses for him from the Keep to level him up and grab another ~5% or so trust in TMR farming before I want to attempt this thing again.

• Options
    I plan to keep him up for a little while, yes. There are tons of damage dealers on my own friends list, so a 100% evade Zarg is, I figure, more useful for the event.

I have tried again and failed at the Nightmare fight. This time it was a stupid mistake -- I let my confusion resist fall off and I forgot to osmose the bastard, and that was all she wrote.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I've burned his entire MP pool down and around turn 10 or 11 he starts dual casting spells again on me. Just tried it a second time with Eggy's Zarg and that killed me again.

He double or triple casts Hailfire and that's after not casting any spells for like 10 turns and me using Zarg or TT's Osmose about every other turn to be safe. He's ATK and MAG break everytime with evade from iNichol.

Cirira on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    New abilities are added to the pool of abilities he chooses from (in order of importance) as he drops thresholds (80%/60%/40%).

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's corresponding with around 75-80% HP. I'd be okay but I've no idea how to get around it since most of my supporting cast have 4-5k hp except for the tank. It kills them all in one round even with Fire Resist (from either TT, Zarg, or Tilith).

• Options
    You do have to keep osmosing him, AND have fire/dark resist up, AND have high SPR or buffs. Because he can start a turn by osmosing your party, and his abilities are not MAG based so breaking his mag is useless. He tries to kill you by reducing your fire/dark resist by 80% and then hitting you with those things after he sucks out your MP, so it's clear that the devs intended us to drain his MP and then the boss to build it back up.

How the heck ANYONE would figure that out without the datamine is anyone's guess.

• Options
    Nope, I give up for today. This time I did everything right, and at 38% he did an MP restore on himself, osmosed my team for nearly everything, and then had full power magic attacks that killed half my party. Nothing I could do at that point.

• Options

Think of Cecil as a healer who can moonlight as a tank. In some fights using two tanks is actually super useful (I used Cecil as my main healer and secondary tank when I took down Sheratan, for example). Also, if you use WoL's 100% provoke skills, Cecil will cover him and take massively reduced damage thanks to Saintly Wall or whatever it's called.

Hm. The total lack of status heals would kind of sting though. I could give it a shot I guess.

So, you'd suggest focusing on Dualcast over the Onion Sword first, then?

• Options

Hm. The total lack of status heals would kind of sting though. I could give it a shot I guess.

I dunno if I'd go that far. Onion Sword will remain an amazing weapon regardless of who you may pull in the future. Dualcast is a single decent healer pull (some of them only 4*) away from being shelved.

• Options
    You do have to keep osmosing him, AND have fire/dark resist up, AND have high SPR or buffs. Because he can start a turn by osmosing your party, and his abilities are not MAG based so breaking his mag is useless. He tries to kill you by reducing your fire/dark resist by 80% and then hitting you with those things after he sucks out your MP, so it's clear that the devs intended us to drain his MP and then the boss to build it back up.

How the heck ANYONE would figure that out without the datamine is anyone's guess.

And don't forget to break ATK and keep your DEF up, because he still auto attacks really hard, let alone his physical AoE DEF / SPR break.

Almost feels like they designed a trial boss like Aigaion, and not an event boss like Cerberus or Famfrit. Trials can be hard because they'll always be there. Event bosses should be challenging / require prep, but the limited time nature should mean they should be a little more forgiving.

• Options

I dunno if I'd go that far. Onion Sword will remain an amazing weapon regardless of who you may pull in the future. Dualcast is a single decent healer pull (some of them only 4*) away from being shelved.

Who at 4 stars? I was under the impression that innate dualcasting white mages were strictly a 5* thing.

• Options

Who at 4 stars? I was under the impression that innate dualcasting white mages were strictly a 5* thing.

They are for now, but there are some 4* that are good even without dualcast because their heals are ability based like Luka...but they need enhancements. If you don't feel like waiting for enhancements then go for dualcast.