Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    I do have a Cecil, but I never really leveled him. My tanking duties are on Warrior of Light, who is a cooler dude.

Cecil gets Curaga and is a good candidate for dualcast. He can turn into a pretty good healer just through that, in addition to his tanking duties. Since your best healer seems to be Fina, Cecil may be worth leveling up for you. He also has Focus for MAG/SPR buffs and his LB is a really great all stat buff. The only thing you'll need to make sure you have is a good source of status clearing/raise (WoL does have raise, so that's nice) since Cecil can't really do those things.

Wouldn't two tanks in the team be kind of overkill? For emergency rez Rikku does have Mega Phoenix and her LB, but the status thing is a problem.

Basically, my current five team for most stuff is WoL/Onion/Fina/Rikku/Exdeath. It sort of covers a decent amount of eventualities. I have a fully cactuared 9S and a Cid in the bench.

Think of Cecil as a healer who can moonlight as a tank. In some fights using two tanks is actually super useful (I used Cecil as my main healer and secondary tank when I took down Sheratan, for example). Also, if you use WoL's 100% provoke skills, Cecil will cover him and take massively reduced damage thanks to Saintly Wall or whatever it's called.

Hm. The total lack of status heals would kind of sting though. I could give it a shot I guess.

So, you'd suggest focusing on Dualcast over the Onion Sword first, then?

I dunno if I'd go that far. Onion Sword will remain an amazing weapon regardless of who you may pull in the future. Dualcast is a single decent healer pull (some of them only 4*) away from being shelved.

Who at 4 stars? I was under the impression that innate dualcasting white mages were strictly a 5* thing.

They are for now, but there are some 4* that are good even without dualcast because their heals are ability based like Luka...but they need enhancements. If you don't feel like waiting for enhancements then go for dualcast.

I mean, Fina's healing ability is exactly the same as unenhanced Priestess Miracle far as I can see. So if that's enough to manage Fina will do, and her I already have enhanced at a couple points (+50% SPR for basically peanuts is pretty nice when you have exactly nothing for +SPR materia).

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I do have a Cecil, but I never really leveled him. My tanking duties are on Warrior of Light, who is a cooler dude.

Cecil gets Curaga and is a good candidate for dualcast. He can turn into a pretty good healer just through that, in addition to his tanking duties. Since your best healer seems to be Fina, Cecil may be worth leveling up for you. He also has Focus for MAG/SPR buffs and his LB is a really great all stat buff. The only thing you'll need to make sure you have is a good source of status clearing/raise (WoL does have raise, so that's nice) since Cecil can't really do those things.

Wouldn't two tanks in the team be kind of overkill? For emergency rez Rikku does have Mega Phoenix and her LB, but the status thing is a problem.

Basically, my current five team for most stuff is WoL/Onion/Fina/Rikku/Exdeath. It sort of covers a decent amount of eventualities. I have a fully cactuared 9S and a Cid in the bench.

Think of Cecil as a healer who can moonlight as a tank. In some fights using two tanks is actually super useful (I used Cecil as my main healer and secondary tank when I took down Sheratan, for example). Also, if you use WoL's 100% provoke skills, Cecil will cover him and take massively reduced damage thanks to Saintly Wall or whatever it's called.

Hm. The total lack of status heals would kind of sting though. I could give it a shot I guess.

I dunno if I'd go that far. Onion Sword will remain an amazing weapon regardless of who you may pull in the future. Dualcast is a single decent healer pull (some of them only 4*) away from being shelved.

Who at 4 stars? I was under the impression that innate dualcasting white mages were strictly a 5* thing.

They are for now, but there are some 4* that are good even without dualcast because their heals are ability based like Luka...but they need enhancements. If you don't feel like waiting for enhancements then go for dualcast.

I mean, Fina's healing ability is exactly the same as unenhanced Priestess Miracle far as I can see. So if that's enough to manage Fina will do, and her I already have enhanced at a couple points (+50% SPR for basically peanuts is pretty nice when you have exactly nothing for +SPR materia).

Fair. Enhanced Luka's real healing power comes from setting up her 20-turn ridiculous AoE Regen and then using Priestess Miracle to top off/cure status.

• Options

Fair. Enhanced Luka's real healing power comes from setting up her 20-turn ridiculous AoE Regen and then using Priestess Miracle to top off/cure status.

Ah, I see. So basically she sort of mimics Doublecast Curada by casting a thing that does a Curada-equivalent every turn and then casting her own from turn 2 on?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That's basically it, though the strength is something closer to triple Curada when you count both Priestess Miracle and Regeneration at +2. Priestess Miracle +1 also adds Petrify to its removal capabilities. Luka natively has a 5% per turn mana refresh, which bumps to 10% (along with a full 30% HP boost along the way) when enhancing Aqua Refresh.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I am taking no more of this boss' shit.

I have brought out Luneth and I will repeat until I am able to perfectly land 2 max-chained Slays and kill him from 60% to dead.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I give up as well. It's boring and long to get both esper's summoned then drop him to 40%, then it becomes too much. Maybe if his move set wasn't random, but every turn I needed 2 people to MP drain to get him back to 0. Combined with healing, MP regen, Confuse resistance, stat debuff resistance, fire resistance, dark resistance, and SPR buff, even with 6 not sure I can do it. Minfilia would have to rotate between Fire/Dark/Confuse. iNichole could drain on off turns but every 2 turns he needs to keep buffs up. TGCid/DV where my main source of damage / MP drain but draining every turn took away any DPS I had. Zarg could help MP drain but I also needed him to help with DM and Stat buffs. Tilith had to heal and help with MP regen, while also trying to keep stat debuff resist on.

I'll hold out hope that they'll nerf him a bit (at least take a turn off from AoE MP drain or self MP restore) otherwise I'm not going to keep throwing 100NRG at this.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    That's basically it, though the strength is something closer to triple Curada when you count both Priestess Miracle and Regeneration at +2. Priestess Miracle +1 also adds Petrify to its removal capabilities. Luka natively has a 5% per turn mana refresh, which bumps to 10% (along with a full 30% HP boost along the way) when enhancing Aqua Refresh.

I see. Those cryst costs though. Especially Healing Heavycrists seem to be precious as gold.

Anyway, thinking I might toss some more tickets at the banner. I have something like thirty left. Do we have any inkling about what banners are upcoming? I know this week's looks lame as heck.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I think that you'll find yourself getting more mileage out of OK's TM than Dualcast as you have 3 really good DPS units that would love to have that sword.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Word is Four Fiends soon, if not right after the next drop of Hallowe'en units. Cloud banner imminent. Bets on before New Years.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Word is Four Fiends soon, if not right after the next drop of Hallowe'en units. Cloud banner imminent. Bets on before New Years.

My pants are perpetually tight in anticipation.

• Options
    edited October 2017

Hm. Pass. Don't really want Cloud, and I'm not super huge into FFIV. Tickets into this banner it is.

...and my second ticket lands me Ashe. Okay, obviously this is the game telling me to get out and stop spending tickets while the getting's good.

EDIT: server seems to be dead. I've been trying to connect for fifteen minutes and no dice. And I have to go to bed. Guess that'll be fifty or so wasted energy. Ah well, whatever.

Drascin on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Alright listen game, I had him at 49% and was able to get him to 1%.

Don't you fucking tell me that now that he's at 44% I can only get him to 6%.

Characters
  • Options
    Which of the Halloween events drops the cactaurs? I need to level up iNichol.

• Options
    kRklCCu.jpg

It's dead! I can never go back there again!

Characters
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Which of the Halloween events drops the cactaurs? I need to level up iNichol.

PRO. Or...the one that is second from the top. I think that's PRO.

• Options
    Seeing you guys have troubles with it means I am just going to save my keys.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I'll get to Skeleton King eventually. I want that +30% Mag. Nearly all of my 5 stars are mag-based.

• Options
    I may have force-closed the app a half-dozen times due to failing the timing on Luneth finishing.

Incidentally, Luneth's Slay (upgraded Cut Through he gets if used immediately after Advance) at 1029 ATK, wielding Excalibur, on Odin, on a capped Orlandeau chain deals 6.7m-7.0m damage, twice.

Characters
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Was able to get it from 61% -> 0 with DV, DV friend (holy), Light Veritas Saint Buster, and Titan. Used the Nichol + dodge stat stick approach.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I got iNichol from the daily draw this morning, so no more stressing about the Halloween banner.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Someone posted a plan for Nightmare on Reddit that comprises a bunch of fairly common units (Soleil, Ilias, WoL, Rikku). Their 5th is Agrias which I have but not leveled/enhanced. May be worth looking at!

Also I am going to take a few days and farm up more crysts to enhance 2 Soleil dances and see if I can take down ELT with Lasswell in place. God damn this takes a lot of resources to do.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I am still trying to figure out whether or not aoe cover is necessary for nightmare if you have Rikku, Tilith, a pod, and 3 dps. If the team has decent SPR, DR, a break, and resistance, I was finding they can take the wail and live rather than worry about having the tank splat every turn (at least until 60%). This would heavily depend on keeping every buff up constantly to build that esper bar, though, and having enough DPS to two-turn him from 60-0.

I'm not sure I care enough about the mag materia enough to rerun and try, though.

I'll put up my A2 with undead killer shortly. May switch to double-spike TT for tomorrow.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Was able to get it from 61% -> 0 with DV, DV friend (holy), Light Veritas Saint Buster, and Titan. Used the Nichol + dodge stat stick approach.

When in the chain did you activate Titan?

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

When in the chain did you activate Titan?

I didn't really practice so I just guessed. I'm not entirely sure if Titan hit the chain or not but I think it did. There's a small built in delay with magnification gestures where you have to wait before hitting another input or they will get sent together. I just used that delay and fired right in a row Titan, Saint Buster, Dark Punishmentx2

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Cryst farming sucks

• Options
    Cryst farming sucks

We're really, really overdue for a cryst story update.

Characters
  • Options
    Hah I got lucky and got a Tech Heavicryst from an expedition reward. 1 more of those and 6 tiny ones and I can get the Soleil Express rolling.

• Options

Hm. Pass. Don't really want Cloud, and I'm not super huge into FFIV. Tickets into this banner it is.

...and my second ticket lands me Ashe. Okay, obviously this is the game telling me to get out and stop spending tickets while the getting's good.

EDIT: server seems to be dead. I've been trying to connect for fifteen minutes and no dice. And I have to go to bed. Guess that'll be fifty or so wasted energy. Ah well, whatever.

Congrats! Ashe is great and could replace Fina as your healer.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Congrats! Ashe is great and could replace Fina as your healer.

Seriously. Between Marie and Ashe, I have a full HP party every turn and no dedicated healer.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Against my better judgment, I tried it one more time:

binvuv87zkhn.png

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Yeah, tried preventing DEF break and using a DEF buff and he still OTK's my tank. And since I haven't farmed enough dodge equipment / materia, I'm completely at the mercy of his physical attacks. I can't even reach the part of the fight that's considered bad because he just wrecks me with basic attacks.

Definitely not a fan of this boss. It's overtuned like crazy.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Yeah three tries is enough. His drops aren't worth the RNG bullshit. If any of the Trance Terras has confuse immunity I might have tried again. Might.

• Options

What attack was your DV's at and LV's Atk/Mag at? I'm wondering if I should try this or just put Tilith in and try for 41% -> 0. My DV is 985, TGCid 915, and LV 442 Atk, 851 Mag.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Those are similar numbers to the Cids I used. Mine was ~930 and the friendlandeau was about the same or around 960. My Cid had Undead Killer while friendlandeau had Odin.

Can't really comment on LV. My Luneth was at 1020 ATK + Odin for Undead Killer.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Yeah, the rewards just don't seem to be worth the effort. The dagger is meh, the accessory is not worth doing a party of 5. The 30% MAG and the tickets are nice, but not worth the NRG cost it takes to try over and over again.

I'll try a few more times over the next week, and not even worry about 5 man party, but still trying to think about how to survive the opening onslaught.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So if the bosses are a pain in the ass, can we do anything else with the event? Is there any reason to collect keys if we're not going to bother?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    You can still use the keys to farm Cactuars or ability Awakening crysts.

• Options
    Hrm, was looking at Dodge stuff and I can build a 100% Evade Ling. Gonna give that a try over the weekend to beat the skeleton king, but gonna just stockpile keys until then.

• Options
    I've had pretty good luck with Mr. Toast's Zarg. I think the plan is to put Tilith in and screw the 5 man. Get him down to the low 40%'s, use Zarg to hit DV/TGCid/LV with the 100% boost, then hope I can wipe him. The hardest part is getting the right friend unit to show back up. I think I restarted the app at least 25 times and no luck.

• Options
    The 5 man mission is 100% not worth it.

The Esper mission is eh.

Characters