As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Beauty and the Beast & Village Victory!

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    As in, give the Hunter the power to make other powers that are one time use multiple time use?

That's a double trust thing isn't it? We trust you aren't mafia, and the Hunter themselves has to trust it too?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    That doesn't seem like something a hunter could do, anyway

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    My guess is: everyone submits an order of some kind. Hunter picks a target. The target(s?) the hunter picks gets the action performed on them.
    So maybe we say seer and hunter picks "everyone" but mafia has ability to change seer to vig and then...

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    MrT I'm sure at some point you did something to raise my ire!

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Seer seems like the strongest thing you could give the hunter day 1

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Wolves and cats don't seem like a good mix mamawolf

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I'll go with what's comfortable for day 1.

Discrider

• Options
    I don't think discrider is an option.- he's listed as a reserve

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    My guess is: everyone submits an order of some kind. Hunter picks a target. The target(s?) the hunter picks gets the action performed on them.
    So maybe we say seer and hunter picks "everyone" but mafia has ability to change seer to vig and then...

You are assuming that the hunter is a person and not just a mechanic. I think that we should be very specific with the order that we send in for the hunter, that they should include the target and the action, and that our choices should be announced publicly.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    If I'm reading this right, we should organize around the PM power. Vote for it publicly, provide a record of what we did so we can try and track it.

If possible, we should do some sort of seering power. Like the second place red vote gets revealed if they're mafia.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    You are assuming that the hunter is a person and not just a mechanic. I think that we should be very specific with the order that we send in for the hunter, that they should include the target and the action, and that our choices should be announced publicly.

If we are specific with a seer target - wouldn't the mafia just off that target?

Gizzy on
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

If we are specific with a seer target - wouldn't the mafia just off that target?

I see your point, as I assume the result of the hunter's actions will be announced publicly.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I see your point, as I assume the result of the hunter's actions will be announced publicly.

Why?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Why?

Because the regular vote results are posted in the thread. This is just another vote.

We could test this theory. Do you volunteer?

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Awww, I think we could get along fine Gizzy
    <3

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I don't think discrider is an option.- he's listed as a reserve

Doe said to assume nothing.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Notice he didn't actually say no to bringing people back to life, just refused to clarify. Not sure it's worth risking a full vote to find out though, especially since that won't be helpful until lots of people are dead.

Grudge vote on H3Knuckles for his repeated attempts to kill me last game.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Huh, ok, apparently I need to read the player list instead of the sign up posts....

premium then

• Options

Why?

Because the regular vote results are posted in the thread. This is just another vote.

This is specifically a private vote that determines a special's action. Special actions are normally not public. I see no evidence why this would be.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Are we talking public as in, would appear in the narration?

I don't see why it'd appear there unless it was a kill. If we all vote seer, the Hunter should get the results privately and then it's up to them to share with the crowd.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If I'm reading this right, we should organize around the PM power. Vote for it publicly, provide a record of what we did so we can try and track it.

If possible, we should do some sort of seering power. Like the second place red vote gets revealed if they're mafia.

This is an excellent proposal.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    We could always just ask

Is the hunter a player role?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Why?

I do! Feel free to aim the Hunter at me so we can find out what happens as far as targeting.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Good morning guys. Just getting my bearings here. Gonna put out a provisional vote for !Preda, since I'm still harboring a grudge. I reserve the right to change my mind.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Yeah it'd be super helpful to know whether the hunter is a player, because it changes how we word our power vote (as in do we also need to specify a target).

Also AHAVAAAAAA :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    We could always just ask

Good question. I've been assuming it was, so I wasn't assuming they would share any results.

Steam profile
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

Awww, I think we could get along fine Gizzy
    <3

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I'm always suspicious of Jpants on day one (or whoever else may be listed first on the player list).

• Options
    So, are we voting here or committing here what we're PMing for the Hunter action?

Or is everyone just doing Seer day 1?

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I'm going to vote public seer. Same as normal seer but the target is revealed in the narrative rather than via PM. Seems a fair comprimise over Kime's omniseer idea and normal seer.

Also, Kime as revenge for the last Phalla.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    If the winning action is determined to be too game breaking, what happens? It fizzles? You tone it down appropriately? Something else?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So this is... Some kinda Beauty and the Beast phalla?
    So the mafia must be... Wolves.
    mamawolf, the evidence is overwhelming.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    How flexible are you with aggregating action votes?

Say A votes for "self-sacrificing guard," B votes for "guard," C votes for "normal guard," D votes for "perfect guard (even protects from vote)," E votes for "guard who can guard two people each night," and F votes for "guard who automatically targets the mafia kill target." What would be the vote counts in this case?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Hmmmm, the only grudge I can think of is Preda from the Bloodborne PBP game. Good enough for Day 1.

I like the public seer idea, and I like JDark's suggestion of publicly stating what you're voting for. So for now I'm going to vote Public Seer (results revealed in narration) for the hunter.

I'm not sure how I feel about Aura offering to be the target. That kind of thing usually is frowned upon due to the abundance of shenanigans possible (bus drivers for example).

Some other cool power ideas: Find out how many mafia voted for the vote winner (or second place or whatever). Find out how many mafia received votes that day... stuff like that.

Also, just got a CD on the question about death/narration results being reliable so.... yeah.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Hmmmm, the only grudge I can think of is Preda from the Bloodborne PBP game. Good enough for Day 1.

I like the public seer idea, and I like JDark's suggestion of publicly stating what you're voting for. So for now I'm going to vote Public Seer (results revealed in narration) for the hunter.

I'm not sure how I feel about Aura offering to be the target. That kind of thing usually is frowned upon due to the abundance of shenanigans possible (bus drivers for example).

Some other cool power ideas: Find out how many mafia voted for the vote winner (or second place or whatever). Find out how many mafia received votes that day... stuff like that.

Also, just got a CD on the question about death/narration results being reliable so.... yeah.

It's my assumption that it won't end up mattering if I volunteered or not, to be honest, but if we decide we want a public target I'm game to be that guy.

• Options
    We don't need to vote for a target, right?

Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    We could always just ask

Clarification Denied.
    If the winning action is determined to be too game breaking, what happens? It fizzles? You tone it down appropriately? Something else?

I'm going to say it depends and then CD followups.

How flexible are you with aggregating action votes?

Say A votes for "self-sacrificing guard," B votes for "guard," C votes for "normal guard," D votes for "perfect guard (even protects from vote)," E votes for "guard who can guard two people each night," and F votes for "guard who automatically targets the mafia kill target." What would be the vote counts in this case?

I will do my best to be flexible. CD.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This is answered I feel in the role PM.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Expecting me to read pffft

Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Expecting me to read pffft

You admitted to reading the OP. We're on to you.