As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Kevin Durant's Achilles Memorial NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Goddamit Clippers. I think this is the third season in a row that they have beat the Blazers with a buzzer beater (Reddick getting the previous 2).

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I'd like to nominate this series of tweets as the best use of social media thus far in the season.

While the Nuggets were getting their ass handed to them in a hat by the Rockets, the Nuggets' official twitter feed found something constructive to do:

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Lol Isaiah Thomas

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Lol Isaiah Thomas

he was the guy that went after love.

and the trade made both teams worse. Its so lolzy.

LA literally was willing to get worse to have lebron sized cap room.

Clevland had to ditch the guy they traded for Kyrie for and the value they got back are those duders?

:D

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think Cleveland got better, in that trade and overall with all of em

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Lol can't wait to see him and ball go at each other

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Cleveland got better this year but paid a massive price over the long term in losing a first round draft pick. You aren't going to build a team around guys like Clarkson after Lebron leaves. L.A. traded players they didn't need on contracts they didn't want to pay for another shot at the draft lottery and to free up cap space to pay for free agents next year.

I think it's a decent trade for both teams when you consider motivations but it has the context of two teams working to get out from under previous bad decisions so people are all too happy to pile on.

Also: LOLOLOLOLOL I.T.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Cleveland got better this year but paid a massive price over the long term in losing a first round draft pick. You aren't going to build a team around guys like Clarkson after Lebron leaves. L.A. traded players they didn't need on contracts they didn't want to pay for another shot at the draft lottery and to free up cap space to pay for free agents next year.

I think it's a decent trade for both teams when you consider motivations but it has the context of two teams working to get out from under previous bad decisions so people are all too happy to pile on.

Also: LOLOLOLOLOL I.T.

The first was protected (not sure how heavily) so they are at least semi-insured against continuing to suck and lebron leaving, but mostly the trade/s were to try and keep lebron happy. If he leaves you are pretty fucked anyway. I think it works for both teams pretty well, but they are both making the trade to hopefully get lebron, so it's only going to REALLY work out for one of them

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It was the Cavs pick that they sent to LA, not the much-more-valuable Brooklyn pick. The pick will not be in the lottery unless Lebron decides to stop playing after the All Star Break and the Cavs miss the playoffs.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    After the Kyrie trade I was skeptical Cleveland was in Finals shape but willing to see how the season played out

IT can't play defense and looked terrible when he wasn't injured (so what like 3 games). Derrick Rose continues his reenactment of Weekend at Bernies. Jae Crowder was the spare chewing gum in the Kyrie trade. DWade just wanted one more ring with his BFF but he's probably just interested in retiring in a Heat jersey at this point.

I liked Shump but he was DEAD TO ME when he ditched the flat top.

This trade ditched a lot of aging underperformers in return for some guys who are ok. Weirdly I think it's a good trade. But it seems symptomatic of the same dysfunction that led the Cavs front office to pick up 37 year old Shaq for one season to try and keep Lebron the first time round.

I dunno. Nobody in the East was gonna trade anyone worth a damn to the Cavs team you might be facing in the playoffs. Nobody in the West was going to trade away anyone that might give them a chance against the Warriors, the Rockets, or the Thunder. It was always going to be a team in rebuild or tanking mode trying to either free up cap space or ride out the season. Or someone willing to bet on Thomas recovering from what might just be a bad year due to a freak injury. I don't know how they'd think that but there you go.

That Tristan Thompson contract looks as burdensome as I expected back when it was announced. Not that I think he's no good but that kind of money when Kevin Love is your other center seemed out of whack.

Cleveland still has a pretty good starting lineup. I hope whatever was causing their recent skid gets addressed promptly. Maybe the new players can actually play defense.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    I think the trades were great for the Cavs. More defense, more athleticism, more shooting, less drama. They are probably one Steph or Durant injury away from having a competitive series with the Warriors.

• Options
    As a Cleveland fan I never rest my hopes on an injury to a star player on any team

The potential for karmic retribution is too great

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Sure. I wouldn't hope for that, but I think a title is a fringe possibility now, and it wasn't before

• Options
    yadda yadda just one game blah blah etc etc

That's an auspicious start to the post fire-sale Cavs

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    At a Blazer game

Glad to be here to help us not win a tenth home game in a row

Wow what atrocious shooting tonight

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    At a Blazer game

Listen

You could be a Knicks fan

And watch Porzingis lay on the deck with a torn ACL while a stricken little Knicks fan looks on like Simba after the stampede

I curse the day my pops raised me to cheer for the orange and blue

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    At a Blazer game

I was just hoping Layman could become the 4th player in NBA history to score 50 points in 3 quarters. It seems to be a good February for Blazers making history that way.

• Options
    Goddam fucking Zaza Pachulia and his fucking ugly ass wannabe Peja looking face. Such a dirty piece of shit. I'm sick of that motherfucker. Warriors wonder why people turn on them, when they have him and Draymond as two of the dirtiest motherfuckers in the league, just out there trying to injure people constantly. I'm just sick of his ass.

In brighter news. Dame D.O.L.L.A is killing it again tonight, with 40 and the game winner. Sure they were down by 15 in the 4th to the worst team in the league, but you know, game winner!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Draymond isn't nearly as bad as zaza. Zaza really tries to hurt people.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh my god, James Harden is one savage motherfucker.

https://youtu.be/17NXRpGbjlg

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Is posting a snuff film against forum rules?

• Options
    The past mortem stare down is the best

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I generally hate the way James Harden plays the game but that's tough not to appreciate.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    I generally hate the way James Harden plays the game but that's tough not to appreciate.

The locker room interview afterwards may have hurt worse

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Lol the guys on the sidelines

• Options
    Has someone notified the family

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

He’s still min/maxing like always, but on this game night, Harden decided to roll a murder hobo.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular

Not that tough...

Seriously though, that was brutal. Impressive, but brutal.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Good game on right now. I haven’t watched nba all season but the playoffs got me hooked already.

• Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    It was a good comeback, but this is why you don’t want jump shooters as your only offensive fire power. Too easy to go cold for a half and put yourself in a 17 point hole.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Don’t know what is up with McCullom though. He hasn’t played well in weeks.

• Options
    Holy shit
    Pacers about to ruin LeBron's legacy

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    If they can pull this off we might actually get cavaliers quitbron 2.0 next game
    I don't know if you can burn a jersey twice though

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Ahahahahahahah

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I didn’t watch the game (cle/ind), but looking through the play by play the last 5 minutes was basically everyone bombing from deep. What the hell was going on in that game?

• Options
    bojan bogdonavic happened

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The Pacers are so bad they can’t crack 100 against that defense

The Cavs are worse

Neither team deserves to advance

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Hahah, Washington trying to make it a USA vs Canada thing. So very... American of them. :eyeroll:

• Options
    Lol sixers

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.