Options

The Vanity [chat] NEVER ENDS HAHAHAHAHAHA

1909192939496»

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    the small weapons inventory in LoZ: Link's EyePad is starting to get annoyanceful.

I shit you not the answer to this is golden poos

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised Rise of the Tomb Raider lasted as long as it did. I guess because it's been on sale a lot. Anyway, it's gone now. But I'm surprised it wasn't the first to go

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Inventories should either be brutally, painfully small for simulationist survival/gear management games, or they should be unlimited. Juggling inventory and crafting more slots is the height of stupid pointless nonsense in games unless it's actually an interesting decision and not busywork.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Picard gets to live out an entire decent lifetime all in an instant because of some weird alien technology while O'Brian gets to experience a hellish torment for 20 years all in an instant.

Wow. In the 24th Century we’ve abolished capitalism, mastered matter-to-energy, and issued in an unheralded era of peace and understanding. But the space-English still lord it over the space-Irish.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    O'Brien was uniquely punished in star trek. I mean Kiko alone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Inventories should either be brutally, painfully small for simulationist survival/gear management games, or they should be unlimited. Juggling inventory and crafting more slots is the height of stupid pointless nonsense in games unless it's actually an interesting decision and not busywork.

Fairly large but limited inventories can discourage hording while still allowing a person to have pretty much everything they should need.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I’m going to see Blade Runner in a cinema tonight

V excited

It’s a double header with 2049 which I’m less enthused about since it was a good movie but I only saw it like two months ago

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

diablo 2 inventory tetris was the best thing

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is that ESO stuff PS4-able or is it pc only, Lud

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The Resident Evil series is still the king of inventory management for me

So we're trapping you in a mansion filled with monsters, and you can only take six items...

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    the small weapons inventory in LoZ: Link's EyePad is starting to get annoyanceful.

Can't Find Hestu again, is my problem.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

V excited

It’s a double header with 2049 which I’m less enthused about since it was a good movie but I only saw it like two months ago

It which version? The bad one or the good one?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is that ESO stuff PS4-able or is it pc only, Lud

PC Only unfortunately, but it looks like the 15 days of premium and the vanity pet can be used on any ESO account

• Options

Fairly large but limited inventories can discourage hording while still allowing a person to have pretty much everything they should need.

Mild discouragement of hoarding is outdone by the irritation of having to constantly trash or drop things, I think.

• Options

Can't Find Hestu again, is my problem.

He gets lost in the woods a lot.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

PC Only unfortunately, but it looks like the 15 days of premium and the vanity pet can be used on any ESO account

Hmmmmm don't hold onto it on my Accord, but I'll see if I feel like picking up ESO on the PlayStation store and get back to you

• Options

Mild discouragement of hoarding is outdone by the irritation of having to constantly trash or drop things, I think.

That is usually only an issue for people who have hoarding tendencies.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The snowing commences. Supposed to get "feet" in the mountains surrounding me. Neat.

yxtuaces0jcq.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

V excited

It which version? The bad one or the good one?
    Final Cut

• Options
    My name is Captain Inertia and I have a problem with needing to hold at least one of every item in a game in my inventory at all times.

• Options

I don't think this is true. In Horizon, for example, your inventory just swells and swells as you loot things. There isn't enough material being used to match the inflow. Same in e.g. Witcher 3 and constantly dropping stuff or having to take a trip to sell forty swords.

I don't hoard at all and will aggressively use expendable items and components and I still find myself having to do bullshit inventory chores in games. Biggest offender right now is Destiny but that game is just a goddamn mess in terms of quality of life.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Man both Bladerunners that's a lot of pregnant silence in a row

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Man both Bladerunners that's a lot of pregnant silence in a row

Like an evening with my in laws.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I don't think this is true. In Horizon, for example, your inventory just swells and swells as you loot things. There isn't enough material being used to match the inflow. Same in e.g. Witcher 3 and constantly dropping stuff or having to take a trip to sell forty swords.

I don't hoard at all and will aggressively use expendable items and components and I still find myself having to do bullshit inventory chores in games. Biggest offender right now is Destiny but that game is just a goddamn mess in terms of quality of life.
    Currently playing through Skyrim a third time in VR. The first thing I did was blitz Enchanting so that I could strap on a ton of + Carry Weight items. This has solved all my inventory problems.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The snowing commences. Supposed to get "feet" in the mountains surrounding me. Neat.

yxtuaces0jcq.jpg

Yes. Well done.

• Options
    My main issue is that there is usually no option for "don't pick up items with a gold to weight value of less than X" in games so it is constantly looking at the value and weight instead of pressing the take all button.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My name is Captain Inertia and I have a problem with needing to hold at least one of every item in a game in my inventory at all times.

I had to give up my dream of being a cook in Skyrim because I couldn't justify being both a cook and an alchemist when at least alchemy is a skill you can increase! :P

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I had to give up my dream of being a cook in Skyrim because I couldn't justify being both a cook and an alchemist when at least alchemy is a skill you can increase! :P

This is what mods are for.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    oh that might be a good idea, seeing a movie given that i have a bunch of free passes and gift cards

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Here is a picture of a cat from Christmas

He is big and lazy and doesn't make eye contact and claimed a plastic bin as soon as gifts were moved out of it. He could not be dislodged from it. Legend says he is still in the plastic bin

hQC2D0fViTjocBH3UGNqxkSG9PcHjA9587HqCWrmMx6FiCaxwNGT-jnsejaooaF_ohFwYyo83jharqU-IOHK=w1920-h949

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Still at work, I'm going to try to bail out early today. Wish me luck.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Carrying 218 pounds, entirely swords with no clothes whatsoever: running full-sprint off a blizzardy mountain to deftly kill thirty dragons
    Carrying 219 pounds: ded

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Someone sent me money with zelle. Scale of 1 to 10 how shitty are they. 10 being paypal

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Carrying 218 pounds, entirely swords with no clothes whatsoever: running full-sprint off a blizzardy mountain to deftly kill thirty dragons
    Carrying 219 pounds: ded

I so much prefer games that have reasonable equipment slots so you can't carry thirteen swords and twenty suits of armour around

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I just write people checks.

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I just write people checks.

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't think I've seen or used a cheque in the last decade

• Options
    If you think writing checks ain't broke then lord jesus I don't even know

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Community s5 was a bit unsteady until the black mirror predecessor episode with people ratings, and then the very next episode starting with the dean spontaneously bursting into aggressive rap then fleeing, overwhelmed. Now very solid

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 0.5

@Couscous will create the new thread
    @Preacher is backup

This discussion has been closed.