Options

The Vanity [chat] NEVER ENDS HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I wanted to treat my secret Santa but he would not post a list even when asked. I got him one thing and well, I got you something BR and Sal and my best friend a $150 pair of headphones instead.

Is this the D&D secret santa? Because lists were mandatory and if somebody didn't play ball it's best to make sure they are excluded next year

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Castle, your frustration with the Secret Santa situation is unfortunate, but it seems to be spilling over into [chat] in angry, bitter posts that aren’t productive. Contact RMS (if you haven’t already) to progress tracking down your package.

If you’ve been done out of a gift by a deadbeat Santa there is often a clear up in the new year where kindly forumers step in to fill the gap. Complaining in [chat] is not the way forward.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    ah right, Christmas is over

*begins search for new forum avatar*

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Roads are now totally white. Except main roads, which are a lovely brown due to salting.

Everything is less slippery than this morning, but I am using roughly five litres of washer fluid per kilometre

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I wanted to treat my secret Santa but he would not post a list even when asked. I got him one thing and well, I got you something BR and Sal and my best friend a $150 pair of headphones instead.

Is this the D&D secret santa? Because lists were mandatory and if somebody didn't play ball it's best to make sure they are excluded next year

Yes, @OnTheLastCastle . Please get in touch with @RMS Oceanic with problems and he can try working them out with the relevant people or bring them to the mods' attention when need be.

Vagueposting in chat is not going to help anybody.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    ah right, Christmas is over

*begins search for new forum avatar*

It's the weekend where lucky owners of wood burners get to hoof their Christmas trees into them to expel the malign spirits that they have gathered over the period. The rest must take them to the municipal tip which will then remain cursed for another year

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    There are 6 people in the office and our Hong Kong office took a half day

Is it totally fine for us to just take a half day y/y

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    ugh who'd want to burn pine?

clogs the chimney up horrible and it's really bad smoke to be breathing in.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

Just head home now

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    ugh who'd want to burn pine?

clogs the chimney up horrible and it's really bad smoke to be breathing in.

It smells incredible

• Options

Just head home now

We have to check out, so there’s be a noticeable difference between taking a half day and taking the piss.

• Options

Just head home now

We have to check out, so there’s be a noticeable difference between taking a half day and taking the piss.

I had a dream where I transferred to another part of my company where I couldn't randomly work from home or leave early. Also I had to share an office with part of the it department.
    It was terrible

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i really want to listen to that star trek podcast bogart and jacob have mentioned but work is being unhelpful and not giving me the time

waaaaaahhhh

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Yes, OnTheLastCastle . Please get in touch with "RMS Oceanic" with problems and he can try working them out with the relevant people or bring them to the mods' attention when need be.

Vagueposting in chat is not going to help anybody.

I sent him a message tonight but I didn't know it was against the rules that much or I would've said something earlier. I asked other chatters to poke him.

• Options
    Seven of Wine is also good, Casual. It’s sort of nice hearing from people who enjoy Voyager.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Sorry I get so mad in chat sometimes. I don't mean to bring everyone down.

• Options
    this is what renting in Dublin is like atm

• Options
    Moving is very scary and stressful, btw. Hot take I know.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Seven of Wine is also good, Casual. It’s sort of nice hearing from people who enjoy Voyager.

i'm not sure i could possibly understand their point of view

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Friend, maybe you should go to bed. When you're up this late you get grumpy and self destructive.

It'll all look better in the morning.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I backed up to let a semitrailer pass and the driver smiled at me and she was really cute

I expect the wedding to be in early may

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I’m better now. Someone just has to say chill out. I dunno why that works so well. I try not to use chat for that.

Dan my next stream game is observer. Have you heard of it? Cyberpunk horror detective played by rutger hauer.
    @Jacobkosh just shivered and now he knows why

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have not, but if I'm here next time you stream I'll try to watch.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok so idk if i'll actually be a student this coming semester- it's money (and gas money!) and takes back my two days off. but also i'll have to look and see how much money i make vs a hardship deferment, which i've already used several times. i may be out less out of pocket in the short term by paying tuition vs loans. plus who knows if i will still live here? i am on the job hunt in other parts of the country.

but if i do attend school i have decided to take a break from hard STEM courses since a) i don't think i'm ready and b) getting good grades feels great and moves me closer to being eligible for financial aid again

so i'm currently registered for:

-economics of social issues
    -introduction to western literature

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Just head home now

I had a dream where I transferred to another part of my company where I couldn't randomly work from home or leave early. Also I had to share an office with part of the it department.
    It was terrible

but doctor

I am the IT department

• Options
    In my dream last night Ron Rifkin bought our company and I was encouraged to leave.

Fuck you, Ron Rifkin!

• Options
    I think one of the things that makes it so tiring for me to be with French Girl's parents is that her mum doesn't have an internal monologue so she's talking all the time that she's awake

"Is it hot? Yes, it's hot. Maybe it's not hot enough though. I need to remember to phone Suzanne later. Where is the serving spoon. Oh there it is. I must have put it down earlier. I'm hungry, food will be ready soon though"

I hope it's not some hereditary thing

• Options
    My mother in law is the same. I’ll answer the phone and being buried beneath an avalanche of non-stop verbiage on subjects like how her football team is doing to how her tomatoes are doing.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I think one of the things that makes it so tiring for me to be with French Girl's parents is that her mum doesn't have an internal monologue so she's talking all the time that she's awake

"Is it hot? Yes, it's hot. Maybe it's not hot enough though. I need to remember to phone Suzanne later. Where is the serving spoon. Oh there it is. I must have put it down earlier. I'm hungry, food will be ready soon though"

I hope it's not some hereditary thing

My partner is a bit like this

I have gotten very good at zoning out monologues

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    In my dream last night Ron Rifkin bought our company and I was encouraged to leave.

Fuck you, Ron Rifkin!

I mean, he was probably going to have them all working for SD-6, so in a way he did you a favor.

• Options

Fuck you, Ron Rifkin!

The other day I dreamt I ordered a taxi to go somewhere, and then I woke up before it arrived.

I was very annoyed that this made me unable to cancel the taxi.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    My mother in law is the same. I’ll answer the phone and being buried beneath an avalanche of non-stop verbiage on subjects like how her football team is doing to how her tomatoes are doing.

The same, probably?
    Also hello.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle oh fuck

@ me when you play Observer I really wanted to see it.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    this is what renting in Dublin is like atm

It’s like you are paying DC prices, without DC wages.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm increasingly unsure what costs the people who own buildings even incur for the rent they're charging

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    @simonwolf what's the best ramen place in Tokyo?

We went to the Ramen Museum today and the ramen was pretty good but not as good as my favorite place in Chicago. I want the real shit.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'm increasingly unsure what costs the people who own buildings even incur for the rent they're charging

Does the mortgage count

• Options
    Sheesh, I’m hoping my life gets less weird in Iowa.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Opportunity cost, apparently.

This discussion has been closed.