Options

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I nearly had a heart attack

I took an at-home drug test in preparation for the upcoming real thing

Control: +
    Drug: +
    Me: ded
    Box: “Visible readings on Control and Drug lines indicate a negative result,”
    Me: still ded

why would they ever do it that way

also they're gonna use a hair sample

good luck!

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Someone I know said they liked Bright except for the shoehorned in race stuff, so I’m wondering what they actually liked

80% of the movie is a will smith buddy cop chase movie with some decent fight scenes.

How do they redeem him though:
    I didnt give two shits about Wil's character. He came off as real world shit cop to me.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Why didn't I move to Arizona and you stayed here in this awful frozen palmetto tree tundra, @Arch

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

the test is positive that you're negative!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    whats the history on guan yu becoming a god
    before or after the romance was written?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Ok so

I think I slept around 24 hours total over my weekend, and after being awake long enough for my work shift I am right back to feeling like I need to sleep for a few more hours. This..this is maybe not normal?

Tsetse fly sickness

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Okay but Shadowrun is an incredibly goofy setting and Bright is supposed to be a less good riff on it? I mean what is the sales pitch here at all.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

That's a positive thing, right?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    desc wrote: »
    Okay but Shadowrun is an incredibly goofy setting and Bright is supposed to be a less good riff on it? I mean what is the sales pitch here at all.
    fake gamer guy desc doesn't even like shadowrun confirmed

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    It would be a billion dollar gamble noone would ever finance, but you could make Shadowrun work by doing a movie every 10 years.

Every year it gets more insane, but also worse.
    The Transformers maneuver?

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

This is like that Office episode with Kevin’s cancer screening

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Why didn't I move to Arizona and you stayed here in this awful frozen palmetto tree tundra, @Arch

i mean theres still time to move to arizona

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I'm reading through (an abridged version of) Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Dynasty Warriors wasn't kidding, you really don't want to pursue Lu Bu.

[...] Lu Bu returned to sound the challenge, and the eight lords answered it. Gongsun Zan thrust his spear into the air and took on Lu Bu, only to flee after a brief clash. Lu Bu gave Red Hare free rein and came pounding after Gongsun Zan. The horse's great speed and stamina brought him close behind. Lu Bu leveled his halberd, aiming for the center of Gongsun Zan's back.
    To the side of the action stood a single warrior, his eyes rounding, his whiskers bristling. Holding high his eighteen-span snake-headed spear, he flew at Lu Bu, shouting mightily, "Stay! Bastard with three fathers! Know me for Zhang Fei of Yan!" Lu Bu veered from Gongsun Zan to confront the new challenger. Zhang Fei's fighting spirit flashed at this welcome chance. The two crossed and tangled more than fifty times. Lord Guan, seeing that neither could best the other, urged his horse forward and, flourishing his crescent-moon blade, Green Dragon, attacked from another side. The three horsemen formed a triangle. They fought another thirty bouts, but Lu Bu was unconquerable.

And the poem describing Lu Bu:

Dong Zhuo's man, Lu Bu, warrior without peer,
    Far surpassed the champions of his sphere:
    In armor clad, a dragon etched in scales,
    His headpiece fledged with gallant pheasant tails,
    His jagged jade belt scored with lion jaws,
    A phoenix spread in flight; his surcoat soars.
    His chafing charger stirred a fearsome wind,
    In every eye his halberd's piercing glint.
    No lord could face his call to brave the field:
    Their hearts went faint, their senses reeled.

You have to remember though, Lu Bu won, so he got to write the history of his awesomness.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Transformers isn't risky. They make those movies for China.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Shadowrunescape

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would really just like to see a cyberpunk sci-fi heist film where a beefy lady with metal arms cuts a wealthy financier in half with some kind of absurd weapon that contains the word "nano" in its name

That's all I want

No elves pls

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

why would they ever do it that way

also they're gonna use a hair sample

good luck!

we had a dodgy satellite box before that had an off light on the front

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

shadowrun is a bad, corny setting full stop
    rifts is also a bad setting that people try to convince themselves was fun

• Options
    desc pls

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    i am home at last

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I would really just like to see a cyberpunk sci-fi heist film where a beefy lady with metal arms cuts a wealthy financier in half with some kind of absurd weapon that contains the word "nano" in its name

That's all I want

No elves pls

yes let's do some cyberpunk wetware black IC nonsense plz. Where is my Snow Crash adaptation?

no elves

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Guan Yu was deified by a much later dynasty too. Contemporary wise he lost.

• Options
    We do need more cyberpunk settings though

• Options
    Ghost in the Shell

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

That's all I want

No elves pls

Johnny Mnemonic is right there.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Groups without perspective on a certain issue can be wrong in systematic, harmful ways. I think it’s useful to call that out. But in the micro sense, I try to keep in mind that there’s a ‘as a _____,’ bad opinion about everything. My favorite moment in a topical thread is when someone says actually I’m black or gay or trans or a soldier or a father and I think this unpopular thing. At least it gets non dismissive engagement.

It's trivial to find somebody who is member of $_group to express whatever goofy opinion you want.

Which is why defenses like "my black friend says that it's okay if I say the n-word" are silly even if you interpret them charitably. (Interpreted uncharitably, Ron Howard voice: "He doesn't have any black friends.")

I agree with this. But I also am not comfortable with silencing oppositional black or gay voices as just like, in the thrall of the mainstream or uncle toms or whatever. Not that that effect isn’t meaningful, but if we strive (as progressives outside a given community) to allow those conversations to happen without dominating them, I don’t like turning around and saying ‘so long as they’re sufficiently in vogue’

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Except China is rejecting them too.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/01/02/tfw2005s-transformers-year-review-2017-356128
    Critical reception was extremely scathing, which was almost a tradition at this point, but this time out the public voted the same way with their cash, too. The film closed after 65 days with a worldwide gross of $604 million, the lowest gross of the entire series to date, and a shockingly low domestic gross of around $130 million. While the opening weekend in China was very strong, it fell off sharply and commentary within the country was particularly scathing of the blatant pandering and Chinese product placement. The low gross and sharp drop offs led critics to speculate that the public was getting tired of Michael Bay’s take on Transformers, while fans voiced their discontent at a movie that placed far too much emphasis on style over substance and missed the spirit of what made Transformers enjoyable, in addition to some of the more glaring plot holes induced by combining two movies into one.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ( ͡°╭╮ʖ ͡°) Cyberpunk 2077 ( ͡°╭╮ʖ ͡°)

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

That's all I want

No elves pls

Johnny Mnemonic is right there.

... we can surely do better

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I've applied for like, 8 jobs today.

I prefer the shotgun approach when I'm already employed.

I write a resume that actually represents me and my skills and what I want to do, instead of tailoring it to each employer.

I figure then if someone likes me it'll actually work out and be a good job.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    “Move directly to Arizona. Do not pass GO. Do not collect good weather. Add racist militia compound to least valuable property.”

• Options

shadowrun is a bad, corny setting full stop
    rifts is also a bad setting that people try to convince themselves was fun

Rifts was so bad.

"Interdimensional invasion postapocalypse" is kind of an amazing pulpy setting concept, but they crammed in way too much stuff. That was kind of the point, but a more coherent approach would have been good.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    KHF2 is a weird thing. It's a 1:1 mixture of KF and HF, but it doesn't really act like either one.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    ( ͡°╭╮ʖ ͡°) Cyberpunk 2077 ( ͡°╭╮ʖ ͡°)

Yes but I want to play it before 2077 :(

Neco on
  • Options
    you know what setting i want to see exploited
    paranoia
    make a paranoia crpg
    itd be good i promise

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Except China is rejecting them too.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/01/02/tfw2005s-transformers-year-review-2017-356128
    Critical reception was extremely scathing, which was almost a tradition at this point, but this time out the public voted the same way with their cash, too. The film closed after 65 days with a worldwide gross of $604 million, the lowest gross of the entire series to date, and a shockingly low domestic gross of around $130 million. While the opening weekend in China was very strong, it fell off sharply and commentary within the country was particularly scathing of the blatant pandering and Chinese product placement. The low gross and sharp drop offs led critics to speculate that the public was getting tired of Michael Bay’s take on Transformers, while fans voiced their discontent at a movie that placed far too much emphasis on style over substance and missed the spirit of what made Transformers enjoyable, in addition to some of the more glaring plot holes induced by combining two movies into one.

Does that say they merged two movies into one movie and released it in China?

• Options
    It's hard to separate the ideas in Rifts from its mechanics, though, which are probably the worst RPG mechanics I've ever read or played with.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I actually don't want Cyberpunk 2077 to come out because I will inevitably spend ££££ on buying a new PC and lose three months of my life to it

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man. I've seen a good representation of the ideas of Shadowrun on the screen, but even mentioning the source is a spoiler!
    Stranger Things 2. Seriously... Kali's crew and everything around her was STRAIGHT outta Shadowrun.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I honestly admit I don’t understand the appeal of cyberpunk

This discussion has been closed.