As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get 2018 [chat]ted off right

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I have no idea where my 3DS is

Well it isn’t down here under your bed, I can tell you that much

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    -
    syndalis wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    People don't actually want animojis.

It helped them sell a lot of phones

https://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=2HgYkXFIyqo

Is the implication that apple wouldn't sell a lot of phones on a new version launch?

The implication is that apple usually has a few "fun" features targeted at different demographics to widen the net.

Animoji was not aimed at you, Bowen. but it did move a lot of phones or make people say that they wanted the thing.

Nikki Minaj did an Animoji karaoke thing on her social media feeds. It was a big pusher in certain circles.

There should be a branded tie in Minajimoji

$$$$

Scheck has plenty of power already let's not give him more

sig.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Why does there have to be incest in Left Hand of Darkness it always comes back to fucking your sister with these nerds

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    -
    bowen wrote: »
    People don't actually want animojis.

It helped them sell a lot of phones

https://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=2HgYkXFIyqo

Is the implication that apple wouldn't sell a lot of phones on a new version launch?

The implication is that apple usually has a few "fun" features targeted at different demographics to widen the net.

Animoji was not aimed at you, Bowen. but it did move a lot of phones or make people say that they wanted the thing.

Nikki Minaj did an Animoji karaoke thing on her social media feeds. It was a big pusher in certain circles.

There should be a branded tie in Minajimoji

$$$$

Like an animated booty?

Maybe the butt bounces based on gyroscope info as you wave the phone around

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    what are animoji...?

Those animated emoji that layer over your face.

In what context? Like you could put them on during video chat or what? I don't want to look at a 20 min long video of some tech executive upselling them or whatever, which is why I'm asking.

Fun facial overlay for video chat.

Snapchat has had a similar feature for a while.

It's inherently useless but people enjoy it.

As others have mentioned, it's a good proof of concept for facial recognition technology.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    DSpHm1HX0AAaSY5.jpg

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

ok I skipped through that

it's keypoint identification on faces and mapped onto an animal face?

oh yeah well my current army program can put googly eyes over your eyes in realtime so basically i'm an iphone too

It tracks 30+ facial features, including gaze estimation, at 60 fps on an embedded system, and it’s very stable. Using it to animate a 3D character is a fun demo but I am sure in the next few years we will see games and uses beyond making a cartoon unicorn sing 2 live crew.

oh nice

my system does 4 fps lol, and also it only has 5 face keypoints, cause I'm doing pose estimation not face

Right now, I would use this apple system (along with a neural network analyzing facial expressions, of course) for pain estimation on patients in an automated medical care environment (ahahaha how are we going to get the training data for that...)

well maybe someone some day will make a nice open source version to steal

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Maybe scotch will help

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I mean you can also buy Facerig on steam and get a similar effect, plus you can use it on Skype and freak out your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-bs5r1qpg

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hey [chat] friends, Rocket Update

Zuma has now moved to the 7th due to more favorable weather conditions on that date

Same launch time: 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern, 0100 on the 8th UTC

All the football should be over by then, and the captive lovely person in my bed should be freed by then, so I should be around to provide launch coverage as the first stage makes a landing attempt back at Landing Zone 1!

It's a DoD launch so they won't track the 2nd stage on stream, which means we'll get uninterrupted footage of the first stage's landing efforts <3

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    3 hours

Misgendered by every staff member

Didn’t actually accomplish anything

May be late to seeing friend

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

oh yeah well my current army program can put googly eyes over your eyes in realtime so basically i'm an iphone too

It tracks 30+ facial features, including gaze estimation, at 60 fps on an embedded system, and it’s very stable. Using it to animate a 3D character is a fun demo but I am sure in the next few years we will see games and uses beyond making a cartoon unicorn sing 2 live crew.

oh nice

my system does 4 fps lol and also it only has 5 face keypoints cause I'm doing pose estimation not face

Right now, I would use this apple system (along with a neural network analyzing facial expressions, of course) for pain estimation on patients in an automated medical care environment (ahahaha how are we going to get the training data for that...)

Good idea on the pain thing.

Pain measurement is absolute bullshit

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    okay i bought a wireless fast charger

what else is missing from my life aside from purpose

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    3 hours

If I could, I would fly down there right now and projectile barf on those jerks! >:(

<3

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Buying Narwhal a pizza, probably

• Options
    And I ain’t even sick

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    3 hours

:bro:

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

oh nice

my system does 4 fps lol and also it only has 5 face keypoints cause I'm doing pose estimation not face

in the far forward casualty care environment of The Future, we'd like to replace the human medic with automated systems serving as experts
    not just vitals, but everything that a human might notice and respond to. Pain management is certainly something where doctors use not only vital signs but visual and auditory input to figure out what's going on.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Feel like a Tostinos pizza.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The director of Crash has been accused of rape.
    Krathoon wrote: »

Delicious, delicious garbage?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008J27Q6W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515181332&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

• Options
    There's a 2D Metroid on the 3DS and none of you lot told me

What the eff!?

You're all fired. Clear out your desks

They didn't put it out on the Switch for some reason. It's dumb.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008J27Q6W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515181332&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

i'm not even fully clear on what this is

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

trofotechniki-img1-large-1380030291.jpg

I have questions.

• Options

i'm not even fully clear on what this is

Ice cube tray!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

oh nice

my system does 4 fps lol, and also it only has 5 face keypoints, cause I'm doing pose estimation not face

I used to know a pain researcher who took great pleasure in telling me just how... enthusiastic some of the volunteers for her studies were. Advertise it, and I'm sure they will come.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

oh nice

I'm terrible at recognizing pain in others. When they act like I do, I recognize it. But for others my mind jumps straight to they are faking/exaggerating.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    oh yeah last night i ran my fastest mile ever

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

... that's not Transformers.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I mean you can also buy Facerig on steam and get a similar effect, plus you can use it on Skype and freak out your friends.

The issue is that this is nowhere near as good.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    navgoose wrote: »

oh nice

I'm terrible at recognizing pain in others. When they act like I do, I recognize it. But for others my mind jumps straight to they are faking/exaggerating.

I suspect this is 99% of human judgement about the feelings of others in general.

But that could just be because I am autistic and suspect non-autistic people are pretty often themselves pretty bad about projecting how they feel in specific situations onto others even when others feel differently.

• Options

Being really good would kind of ruin it.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

oh nice

I used to know a pain researcher who took great pleasure in telling me just how... enthusiastic some of the volunteers for her studies were. Advertise it, and I'm sure they will come.

I don't know how to interact with IRBs

It's a huge problem in my contract because we just want some goddamn 3d models and accompanying 2d images of people and we can't just use ourselves, so we're going to do simulated data or something. If we get a phase II I'm definitely going to look into how to actually get permission for human subject research. Usually agencies do not want you to do any in a phase I.

• Options
    I saw "evangelion" and "silicon" and hurriedly closed it just in case.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Too late. You are already an animu.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I was troubleshooting an e-mail problem a customer had and I wanted to do some testing on my phone. The Pixel 2 has GMail built in, but no e-mail app, so I downloaded Outlook for Android.

OH MY GOD it is useless for troubleshooting.

I was able to set up the account automatically, but I couldn't access ANY server settings for testing. Or even to make sure it's using the right servers.

If I tried to set up the account manually, it offered no options for port or security settings, so the outgoing settings couldn't complete. To make matters worse, every time the setup failed, it cleared ALL the information so I had to put incoming and outgoing information in every time before I realized it was never going to work.

• Options
    edited January 2018

Doesn't seem all that different, especially since it's a fun novelty anyway and not a substantial feature. Oh, and I can use Facerig on lots of non-apple stuff. I mean of course they are used for different things but it isn't like Apple's tech is some groundbreaking amazing new face tracking shit. It's good, but lots of other people are doing similar stuff. Snapchat has tons of filters and getting someone to explain the difference between those and this is probably pretty difficult for the average user! edit: Actually it doesn't look any different than the rooster on the last page. And the cat has way more detail too!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Facerig doesn't seem nearly as cute as animoji, imo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I was troubleshooting an e-mail problem a customer had and I wanted to do some testing on my phone. The Pixel 2 has GMail built in, but no e-mail app, so I downloaded Outlook for Android.

OH MY GOD it is useless for troubleshooting.

I was able to set up the account automatically, but I couldn't access ANY server settings for testing. Or even to make sure it's using the right servers.

If I tried to set up the account manually, it offered no options for port or security settings, so the outgoing settings couldn't complete. To make matters worse, every time the setup failed, it cleared ALL the information so I had to put incoming and outgoing information in every time before I realized it was never going to work.

Android integration for exchange blows.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Too late. You are already an animu.

b-baka

This discussion has been closed.