Options

I'll just [chat] this if I have to

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Oh man I forgot to watch Star Trek Discovery when it was posted and now I'm too tired

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Variable wrote: »
    I developed a system where all numbers were commas and they were separated by what we call numbers

it's taking off in small circles around the globe

it doesn't earn me any money or fame but that's not why I did it in the first place

that's 123,456,789 denoted in hipspeak

I toyed with the idea of putting the numbers backwards for more clarity on which chunk you were denoting but eh

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I just got a discord message from someone with a bot tag that states: This bot's token has been found on gitHub.

What does that mean and should I be worried? I mean more worried than normal.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    so porp decided she wasn't up for destiny raiding tonight, which left us 1 short and I wasn't able to find a replacement, so I had to cancel

not the end of the world, just bad luck with several people unable to make it tonight

so I catch up on bills and my timesheet and other unexciting shit I've been putting off. get done with it all and ask porp what she wants to do tonight.

and get this @elki @Organichu get this

she straight up tells me "I wanna play some destiny 2 trials"

and i'm like, "nah we're gonna do that tomorrow during our regularly scheduled trials night"

and now she's mad at ME!! because my lack of interest is keeping her from being able to do an activity in destiny that she wants to do

I swear to god I stared DEEP into the essence of her soul and I just said it man I just said it

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    I like the furniture and the open floor plan but that exposed ductwork is troubling

I blame Chipotle for that aesthetic

Also their chairs are straight out of the Inquisition

Chipotle is by no means the catalyst. Startup office spaces embraced the industrial far before.

Oh God, that makes Chipotle even MORE insidious. They purposefully crafted a restaurant that looks just like the startups that all the office workers who eat there at lunch are coming from and going back to.

Just a cruel, endless existence of exposed metal for no good reason.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    You know I never nap on top of a shelf of ice

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    shark you're in a safe space, please tell us what you said

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Ladyfriend is asleep, so I am watching AGDQ, they're running Master Blaster Zero apparently?

Sometimes you are a tank, sometimes you are an elephant

I understand now

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    shark you're in a safe space, please tell us what you said

*pages thru every thread, dives deep into the html code, installs 10 proxies*

I said

I said

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I'm already on board with #OprahDwayne2020

Not ashamed.

I am so sad that our politics have descended completley into cult of personality.

I would be deluding myself to think that Obama wasn't part of that downward spiral, competence aside.

If he was then Kennedy was. Hell, Washington was then.

I mean, maybe? But JFK had a shitload of congressional experience before he became president. He was popular, sure, but he had an impressive political resume and came from a highly political family.

Obama was fantastic in his job and is a very intelligent and accomplished man, but that was a fucking speedrun to the presidency and it wouldn't have happened were he not highly charismatic and had such a movement.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Plus their food is kind of bland. I know that's a selling point for some but it's like hey dudes there are spices other than cilantro and cumin

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    hey narwhal sorry about your bills

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hello shark!!!!!

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I should be watching AGDQ. Instead, I'm at work.

Maybe if I burn it all down...

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Do you still play on Xbone, shark?

• Options

I don't even give a shit man they were in the playoffs how cool was that?!

And we didn't get embarrassed, at least

Nobody scored, then they finally scored once, then Tyrod got knocked unconscious, and Peterman Petermanned (although that pick was not his fault, you gotta close on the ball receivers!). A fairly Bills-like Bills game, all things considered.

Only a few razors in the cake this year. Not bad. :)

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Do you still play on Xbone, shark?

ayup

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    hello shark!!!!!

hello! have any more dates?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Okay I finally got a thing that at least gives me updates when people subscribe or follow or send bits or whatever.

It's nothing fancy, but I don't want to bust out the fanciness until all the artwork is done.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    And real talk if we would have won next week would have been a bloodbath anyway so quietly slipping out while no one is watching might just be better anyway >_>

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    You say some nasty shit in your sleep, more than awake study finds

I can confirm I do. My sleep talking self is a complete and total dick according to ex-roommates and ex-gfs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    So I just got a discord message from someone with a bot tag that states: This bot's token has been found on gitHub.

I got the same thing.

I tried to do some googling but I have no idea what the deal is.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Nobody scored, then they finally scored once, then Tyrod got knocked unconscious, and Peterman Petermanned (although that pick was not his fault, you gotta close on the ball receivers!). A fairly Bills-like Bills game, all things considered.

ah I only saw the score, I didn't realize tyrod got knocked out

that's rough. two teams that lost key players in close games already (chiefs lost Kelce yesterday in the first half I believe)

• Options
    It's pretty funny that Peterman came in and pretty much immediately threw an interception, even if it wasn't his fault.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So I had the best idea for a VN ever. The current hot new trend in VNs is dating not-people represented by people, right? Date pigeons, date catpeople, date your weapons in a dungeon crawl, date your office supplies, etc.

We make a Visual Novel that's all about dating anthropomorphized Visual Novels. Outside of the dating segments, the interface is what you would see in a sleek but generic VN. But when you go on a date with a given VN-represented-by-prettyboy, it changes, so your date is suddenly in a badly translated Japanese VN, or a spooky VN where you have to go modify the log files outside of the game, or a VN with novel interjection style dialogue like LKIAB, or a heavily gamified relationship-points based VN. Imagine the potential shenanigans if you go for the harem route and all the different UI aspects start clashing and changing all the time!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    hello shark!!!!!

hello! have any more dates?

that one girl from that one website

seeing her again friday

• Options

ah I only saw the score, I didn't realize tyrod got knocked out

that's rough. two teams that lost key players in close games already (chiefs lost Kelce yesterday in the first half I believe)

He didn't get knocked out 'til the last couple minutes, but Peterman just immediately came in a through a pick, it was amazing :P

The Chiefs losing Kelce legit crippled them, it was like they had no game plan without him.

But yeah, it's all good. SpaceX had a successful launch, a day of watching football is still a day of watching football, and I already mentioned the girl sleeping in my bed :D

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    today I described some scotches as tasting like 'tongue-fucking a swamp' and I was very proud of myself

@Evil Multifarious

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I can confirm I do. My sleep talking self is a complete and total dick according to ex-roommates and ex-gfs.

I just say the weirdest shit, I've been told.

And I keep worrying about failing math class, apparently.

• Options
    today I described some scotches as tasting like 'tongue-fucking a swamp' and I was very proud of myself

"Evil Multifarious"

does

hmmm

does tongue fucking a swamp taste much different than just drinking swamp water?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Shark, did you see my playoff sig? I'm all oiled-up for when the Titans beat the Patriots by a couple of TDs.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

My ex-roommate came in late one night and I cussed him out for five minutes. He realized I wasn't awake when he turned on the lights to retort and my eyes were closed. I guess afterwards I just collapsed backwards.

I remember none of it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    jesus christ elki

my eyes

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    It's pretty funny that Peterman came in and pretty much immediately threw an interception, even if it wasn't his fault.

I was like "Okay, maybe this is it. Maybe this is where this kid shows he can perform under real pressure. Maybe this is his breakout performance!"

But decades of Leafs, Blue Jays, and Bills fandom had prepared me for the reality, so I just laughed and laughed.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Shark, did you see my playoff sig? I'm all oiled-up for when the Titans beat the Patriots by a couple of TDs.

Are the titans just bedazzled low rent Romans?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    watching the globes... I want Ewan to make another obi wan film because the casting was fucking brilliant, just the direction and script was bad.

Ewan McGregor needs some special Oscar for "Best attempt to single-handedly redeem a terrible movie through sheer force of acting alone".

Portman is looking bored as usual. Christensen is trying his best to learn how one does this job. And McGregor is just all "I gotta run all these motherfuckers myself?"

• Options

My ex-roommate came in late one night and I cussed him out for five minutes. He realized I wasn't awake when he turned on the lights to retort and my eyes were closed. I guess afterwards I just collapsed backwards.

I remember none of it.

persuasion: success

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

I got the same thing.

I tried to do some googling but I have no idea what the deal is.

Wild guess:

API for bot accounts has you use tokens instead of a regular un/password combo.
    Someone writes their own bot, puts code on GitHub.
    They sloppily hardcoded in the token so it's available on the GitHub site.
    Someone else, who is kind of an ass, writes a script to scrape GitHub for these tokens, then takes over the bots and has them message people to shame the original coder.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

haha no I have sigs off for work posting can someone link it? or I guess I could turn them on and back off but that's so many clicks...

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    oops i didn't ping you because you hadn't said anything/agreed cred's post by the time i posted kana

This discussion has been closed.