Options

It's not just Japan anymore! The whole world's watching to see [Persona 5]'s next move.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So the palace 4 story was awesome but that boss at the end was a pain in the ass.

Should not have brought Ryuji and I had no plan on dealing with despair.

Makoto has a dispel for despair

I guess it's possible you weren't using Makoto

In which case you deserve to be in despair

I was using Makoto but the first time I fought it she goes despaired and I had no items. The suddenly everyone was in despair and i just watched as we all died.

that is so me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's such a sad way to go.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Ah

My rule in JRPGs is to round up to the nearest five when stocking up on consumables

That way on the off chance that Makoto was hit with despair, I can use one consumable on her and she can take care of the rest

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Also, round numbers are nice.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ah

My rule in JRPGs is to round up to the nearest five when stocking up on consumables

That way on the off chance that Makoto was hit with despair, I can use one consumable on her and she can take care of the rest

It hasn't been an issue up until this point so I didn't even think about it.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yes hello Atlus please correct this oversight.

• Options
    Do we think a P5G is gonna happen

It would be cool to see it on Switch

Also Hifumi seemed kinda dull?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a P5 Crimson or whatever it would be called more than if there wasn't.

Put that out on the PS5 to hold people over til P6 is out.

• Options
    Do we think a P5G is gonna happen

It would be cool to see it on Switch

Also Hifumi seemed kinda dull?

I believe I've said it before, but the only good thing about Hifumi is that a solid 3/4 of her Confidant is literally just the "Waverly Jong is a chess prodigy" chapter from The Joy Luck Club.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a P5 Crimson or whatever it would be called more than if there wasn't.

Put that out on the PS5 to hold people over til P6 is out.

With the P3 dancing game coming out, I feel like a P3 remaster is coming first.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don’t care too much about Hifumi, but what I would REALLY want from the remaster is:
    Haru much earlier.

I predict a remaster will have the following (late/End game major spoilers and also some P3 spoilers):
    A way to redeem Akechi. Didn’t P3FES or P3P add the Chidori redemption/revival arc with Junpei? There’s precedent.

Also it would be hilarious if they rewrote Morgana so that instead of Morgana being like “hey it’s 9AM; big day tomorrrow, let’s go to bed” the protagonist does it himself “I’m tired, gonna rest up for tomorrow” and Morgana screams at him to use his time more effectively. I just think player and reviewer reactions to that would be hilarious.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I hate Morgana telling me when to go to bed.

Fuck you, cat! I do what i want and if I want to go to the bath house at 2 am I will!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I want the "remaster" to be a completely alternate telling using the idea they scrapped about you living with sae

• Options
    Oh really? Sae was the original caretaker instead of Sojiro?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I don’t dislike Morgana, I just think the writers did a bad job of justifying the player being forced to give up his/her agency so often. I felt like it is far, far worse in P5 than in P3 and P4.

It really has nothing to do with Morgana as a character and everything to do with sloppy writing to justify a balancing gameplay mechanic.

edit: They should have an NG+ mode that lets you tell Morgana to stuff it when he tells you to go to bed early.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I want the "remaster" to be a completely alternate telling using the idea they scrapped about you living with sae

Maybe they will add in a FeMC and the FeMC storyline will have Sae take in the character.

Given the storyline and themes in the game, and the initial catalyst for everything, I think a FeMC could really work well. A cool feminist kind of slant to the story about a girl defending another girl from a lecher and then all this shit happens. Things would need to be adapted in many ways but I think it would be great.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    There's been so many bits of Female Joker fanart that I really want to see that happen. It'd be pretty neat, her initially having to sneak around Makoto a lot more.

Maybe they could even find a way to make Shiho a Confidant on top of that.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    8MZ5r83.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I really liked that P5 gave everyone code names because it meant that people could just say "Joker" instead of MC

I would love a woman protagonist but the shorthand would probably be FemJoke or something

Unless they just give her a new codename I guess

• Options
    I really liked that P5 gave everyone code names because it meant that people could just say "Joker" instead of MC

I would love a woman protagonist but the shorthand would probably be FemJoke or something

Unless they just give her a new codename I guess

Jokeher

• Options
    Fuck

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Fem mc would obvious be harlequin

• Options
    it'd be becky

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I wonder how they'd reinvent Arsene if they did make a female Joker. Orpheus wasn't really changed outside of the color scheme, so I could see them sticking to that method.

Biggest question would be if Arsene still has a male voice.

• Options
    Is it ever said how Personas come about, or what's the background on that really

Is there a reason your Persona couldn't be a different gender from you

In this game I just read it as "a rebellious icon that the character thought was pretty cool"

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Is it ever said how Personas come about, or what's the background on that really

Is there a reason your Persona couldn't be a different gender from you

In this game I just read it as "a rebellious icon that the character thought was pretty cool"

I think it's just a fictional/historic figure you identify with, since Naoto's Personas are male. Naoto's identity is a big part of her/their story throughout P4, so that checks out.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Ken’s are women as well.

Also it’s a persona you have for like three minutes it’s not a big deal really.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Yeah, there is the simple fact that Jokeher's initial Persona would get fed into another regardless.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Replace Ohya's social link with Newspaper Club Member.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I love everything about Milady's design, it's fantastic.
    k47nkmcur3wo.jpg

I hope any second version puts the effort into a female Joker option rather than any alternatives, it would add so much.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I would hope it would be as much of a re-design as Persona 3 Portable was, which basically re-wrote 2/3 of the S.Links and changed all the big trip event stuff since you were hanging out with the girls instead of the guys.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I appreciate where I'm getting to the point in the game where multiple people in a row have easily figured out who we are. damn it ryuji!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I appreciate where I'm getting to the point in the game where multiple people in a row have easily figured out who we are. damn it ryuji!

Really it points more to Sae and Dojima being bad at their jobs to not see the connection between the Thieves and Investigation Team becoming friends around the time that a terrible adult tied to one of them confesses and when a kid goes missing for some days then reappears.
    Not so much for Akechi, that fucking cop.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options

Ryuji ends up being way less obvious than Joker in the end, though

Spoilers
    All the non-Thieves figure out who you are because you're taking specific names and then making problems suddenly go away

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    cleared the 4th palace in a day. those SP accessories really change everything.

now i have like 24 days of downtime though...

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

mack on chicks

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

mack on chicks

Disregard girls, eat burgers

• Options
    Baseball during the day

Bathhouse at night

Living the life.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hey guys! 3 months later, I'm about to beat the third palace!

Fuckin' A this music continues to rock!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.