Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] the softest of wet farts

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    guys i played gazlowe for the first time the other day

DTr2LQfVoAAohBv.jpg

yoooo he's actually legit??? he's actually really fun???

not the most impressive of numbers, i know, but the game was also very much a roflstomp either way sOOOO

also there was a time where like, 3 people rolled up to try and gank me, and it was before 10 so i didn't have my sprinty button yet... but i still managed to make it out cause i had New Turret City being developed in my lane. and so they all got slowed to shit while i was juking and i legit just like... mounted up. and ran off.

lol

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Does taking Q off quick cast make his movement different? Does it even have an on release option? Wouldn't that behave exactly the same as quick cast on?

I've been playing with W on release. Maybe I should try off?

Hold right-click to move gets complerely disabled if you use his Q and it's not on quick cast/on release.

Oooh, that explains what the hell was going on in my last brawl. I swear every time I was charging Q Hanzo got wobbly legs and couldn't walk properly. I even double checked the skill description to make sure I hadn't missed a movement debuff when charging.

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    It's quite an annoying bug.

I switched to on release for Hanzo's Q. It definitely helps, but the bug still pops up from time to time.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    DT15nPrVAAAFyeq.jpg

THREE STRAIGHT WINS TODAY WITH MY BOY TYRAEL. T-DAWG. TYRONE. TY-REAL.

Holy shit, like. I had two initial losses yesterday and I was just feeling out of it. I was like, man, is Tyrael not good anymore???

Nah. He's SO fucking good now. I just had to adjust my build. Initially I was trying that self healing/E build. I swapped over to Justice For All/Q build.

I HAVE WORDS ABOUT JUSTICE FOR ALL.

THAT TALENT IS FUCKING GOOD. THERE'S PRETTY MUCH NO REASON TO PICK ANYTHING ELSE. Holy hell, it's such a significant amount of shielding!

Anyway, here's the build I've settled on: https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/tyrael#kCcC

We covered Justice For All, already.

At 4, Stalwart Angel. I misread this talent initially, thinking the Armor only applied while Eldruin was down. It also applies 3 seconds after the teleport, so if you're doing a quick Q>Q to catch someone, you still get that Armor. It's fucking BUSTED. I feel WAY more sturdy with this talent! If you toss Q down, leave it, and then teleport at the last second, you're looking at like, 8-9 seconds of 25 Armor. And then you get Eldruin's Might back up 3-4 seconds later.

At 7, Reciprocate still. Yeah, I thought Recip might have not been good anymore, but it's still really goddamn good. Fun fact: It wins out vs Purge Evil on single target. Purge Evil might be better when you factor in multiple Heroes getting hit with the Smite, but Recip still has other benefits, like adding to waveclear and being aoe.

10 is whatevs. Judgment and Sanc are both fantastic, it just depends on what your team needs.

13 is Holy Ground, idgaf how the other two are performing (apparently quite well, actually). Holy Ground is Tyrael to me. That's how I make my plays. That's how I secure kills. Take it, learn it, love it.

16 is... NOT Horadric Reforging, but Burning Halo. So Burning Halo suffers from tooltip inconsistency. The way it reads, it sounds like the Burning Rage effect ONLY applies when Q is down. THIS IS FALSE. Tyrael ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS has that active after taking this talent, increasing its potency tenfold. It's just that Eldruin also gets the effect too, so you can pump out a TONNNN of damage. Yeah, so after figuring that out, this is literally just Better Burning Rage. It's fucking fantastic! Horadric has its place, I'm sure, but man I loves me some Burning Rage.

20 is also whatevs. Ult Upgrades are great. The new Attack Speed talent is really good. Apparently Defense of the Angels (i see what you did there blizzo) is... not performing very well, like its winrate is NOT good. It probably needs a much, much lower cooldown, tbh. I can see how it'd be good, but they tied too much of the power into the CDR effect from Righteousness and even with the CDR effect, it's still a 120 sec cd. That's too high!

So Tyrael just feels way the fuck better now. He can do his job like 10x better than he used to be able to, just by virtue of being more survivable and having more damage output. His role is still either Dive Buddy or Anti-Dive, he's 100% not a solo tank. But man he's fucking good at what he does.

Tyreal's Rework gets the Dibby Seal of Approval. :+1:

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    y'all wanted some DIBBY CAPS there you go my friends

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Yeah, man. Justice For All is THE reason you draft Tyrael now.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Yeah, man. Justice For All is THE reason you draft Tyrael now.

Nova dropped Precision Strike on my team and I shielded it and we took like basically no damage from it (Righteousness = 707 @ 20, Precision Strike = 916 @ 20)

One basic ability with ONE level 1 talent can negate an Ult like that. You legit don't even need Sanc anymore, for some situations.

I'M PRETTY SURE JUSTICE FOR ALL ALSO WORKS FOR SHIELDING MINIONS TOO

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    How many gems is the mecha bundle? I'm in Montreal right now and can't check. I might just get it tomorrow.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Some day they’ll remove holy ground. I don’t know why they were like no cast aside except then they made something twice as good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    How many gems is the mecha bundle? I'm in Montreal right now and can't check. I might just get it tomorrow.

Nice to hear Quebec finally passed that MOBA ban.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    finnith wrote: »

I know specifically the Tyrael one is like, ~1250 or so if you already own Tyrael

The Big Boi Mecha Bundie is... ~2250 maybe? If you already own the Heroes.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Some day they’ll remove holy ground. I don’t know why they were like no cast aside except then they made something twice as good.

I'm actually a little sad they didn't make it default or remove it entirely. It's the kind of talent that overshadows any other choice just by virtue of its value in competitive play. So every single guide and pro player is going to say, "Take this it's for playmakers and u a playmaker fam". The first is definitely true, but the second is questionable. It's similar to how I feel about Cleanse.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I'm actually a little sad they didn't make it default or remove it entirely. It's the kind of talent that overshadows any other choice just by virtue of its value in competitive play. So every single guide and pro player is going to say, "Take this it's for playmakers and u a playmaker fam". The first is definitely true, but the second is questionable. It's similar to how I feel about Cleanse.

I don't know about that comparison. Cleanse is, like, actually difficult to use? There's some timing niceties to Holy Ground, sure, but it's not exactly a high skill floor ability.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Cleanse will also vary based on the other teams comp and what you need to remove.

Zoning is always going to useful for tyrael

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    16 is... NOT Horadric Reforging, but Burning Halo. So Burning Halo suffers from tooltip inconsistency. The way it reads, it sounds like the Burning Rage effect ONLY applies when Q is down. THIS IS FALSE. Tyrael ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS has that active after taking this talent, increasing its potency tenfold. It's just that Eldruin also gets the effect too, so you can pump out a TONNNN of damage. Yeah, so after figuring that out, this is literally just Better Burning Rage. It's fucking fantastic! Horadric has its place, I'm sure, but man I loves me some Burning Rage.
    Yeah, that is definitely not at all how it reads. I wonder if it's an unintended bug or if they intentionally changed the functionality and didn't update the tooltip.

I don't think that's a tenfold increase in potency, though. #dibbymath

• Options
    I think you'd only take Purge Evil if you also took Divine Vigor at 4.

• Options
    Holy Ground should have been shrunk to be smaller than cap points. Making a regular ability be a free merc steal if you’re half awake isn’t really smart design.

BW falstad and Chen can do it, but it’s an ult and you can counter with unstoppable. Holy Ground’s only counter is kill Tyrael.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    I wonder if they would consider making Holy Ground baseline in the sense that you have to complete a lvl 1 quest first. Similar to Jaina's iceblock (at least I think that's how her Iceblock works now)

But Holy Ground awesome-ness aside, I really do like Law and Order. Justice for All + Law and Order = Shields for everyone all the time!

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Swift Retribution seems pretty good if you have a team that will take advantage of it. A +45% move speed sprint zone on a relatively short cooldown seems super potent for diving or escaping. Plus, on someone like a Butcher, the extra attack here and there from the attack speed buff amounts to a decent chunk of damage from a mostly utility talent.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I don't like the whole 'baseline quest that unlocks something at a certain level of progress' system. Just feels really janky to me, aside from KTZ, whose character was built entirely around that idea (and, imo, should be the only one who does that). Having baseline quests as 'this is a late-game scaling hero' like Zul'jin and Naz do make sense to me, though (and I think Falstad could do with Gathering Storm baseline, probably at the cost of losing Boomerang entirely). But then Chromie is also really weird to have as a scaling hero because her whole shtick is literally hitting her power spikes earlier in the game???

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I don't like the whole 'baseline quest that unlocks something at a certain level of progress' system. Just feels really janky to me, aside from KT, whose character was built entirely around that idea (and, imo, should be the only one who does that). Having baseline quests as 'this is a late-game scaling hero' like Zul'jin and Naz do make sense to me, though (and I think Falstad could do with Gathering Storm baseline, probably at the cost of losing Boomerang entirely). But then Chromie is also really weird to have as a scaling hero because her whole shtick is literally hitting her power spikes earlier in the game???
    I'm not really big on the quest overload that Blizzard went with for HotS. I know some people love them, and there are a decent number of quests I'm fine with, or they're talent choices that can be avoided without feeling gimped. But some of the baseline ones just feel miserable if you are having an off/unlucky game, like Jaina, Chromie, and Muradin. If you're, say, 16 and still haven't finished them it's just an incredibly frustrating experience.

• Options
    Or Zul'jin, who especially in QM can just be in a comp circumstance that makes getting the halfway reward take forever. It's especially crippling for him because he's balanced around having those rewards.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    One thing I don’t mind about Jaina in that category is that her quest gets easier to complete as she levels since she pumps out higher damage. The others, not so much.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Waffen wrote: »
    One thing I don’t mind about Jaina in that category is that her quest gets easier to complete as she levels since she pumps out higher damage. The others, not so much.
    True, Jaina's quest is essentially designed with a "catch up" mechanism. I guess that's one good thing that can be said for it.

Edit: I should note that the corollary of what I complained about above also applies. If a Jaina or Chromie is on point with landing spells for their quests, they will complete them earlier than expected and get access to a big power spike even earlier in the game. But if they get their quests done quickly, it's because they were pouring out damage and thus probably already tilting the game in their team's favor. It's a snowbally design, both ways, and I'm not a big fan of it.

forty on
  • Options
    Jaina gets a survability spike but not a damage spike, and it doesn't scale forever.

Chromie and Zul'jin both get massively increased damage and it keeps on going forever. If a chromie completes her quest at level 8, you've already lost the game even if you didn't actually die while she did it. If Jaina completes her quest at level 8, meh, she's a bit harder to kill and can make some plays but it's not an instant game over like the other ones are.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    If a Chromie is landing that many q that consistently she deserves to win the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    HGC starts back up tomorrow: https://esports.heroesofthestorm.com/en/

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    If a Chromie is landing that many q that consistently she deserves to win the game.
    This logic could basically be applied to any snowball mechanics, though.

• Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Eh. She should if she can convert them into something. Uncapped quests are terribly dangerous for this reason.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Nothing like watching the dumbass Diablo who was DIRECTLY responsible for all of your deaths as a healer walk away with the MVP because you saved him all game long from certain, stupid death.

EDIT: I take that back. Watching the other teams chromie die only 3 times all game while your Genji spends all his time attacking Garrosh is something new.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    Nothing like watching the dumbass Diablo who was DIRECTLY responsible for all of your deaths as a healer walk away with the MVP because you saved him all game long from certain, stupid death.

A true hero knows their best work will never be recognized.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

EDIT: I take that back. Watching the other teams chromie die only 3 times all game while your Genji spends all his time attacking Garrosh is something new.

I think you missed the hidden message the game is trying to convey to you - don't kill yourself to save those people.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    sigh. i'm just so tired of losing to one guy on my team. i'm having a lot of good games and just cannot buy a fucking win because whoevers in the solo is always dead, or our tank has zero idea how to fight with our comp, or our kaelthas is trying to front line.

0-6 in qm, 0-6 in unranked.

i just don't know what to do. last game we had curse if only my team didn't chase into illidan lucio, instead we gusted them back in for some ungodly reason, they killed all of us, got boss, got 2 tributes, got curse, stole our boss because our chromie decided to ping it among my hail of retreats, and we lost 2 forts 3 keeps to a single curse. i've literally never seen that before. people just have literally zero idea how to play or how to fight or how to do fucking anything.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    sigh. i'm just so tired of losing to one guy on my team. i'm having a lot of good games and just cannot buy a fucking win because whoevers in the solo is always dead, or our tank has zero idea how to fight with our comp, or our kaelthas is trying to front line.

0-6 in qm, 0-6 in unranked.

i just don't know what to do. last game we had curse if only my team didn't chase into illidan lucio, instead we gusted them back in for some ungodly reason, they killed all of us, got boss, got 2 tributes, got curse, stole our boss because our chromie decided to ping it among my hail of retreats, and we lost 2 forts 3 keeps to a single curse. i've literally never seen that before. people just have literally zero idea how to play or how to fight or how to do fucking anything.

It seems like you're not alone.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyObeseLardCeilingCat

Edit: oh my god is this snow day HotS?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    yea that sounds about right.

finally got a win i didn't deserve with a lunara game i played pretty badly in, so basically i just need to play worse to get wins.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ahaha, so that game

Their azmo, who drafted azmo in a master's HL game, asks why they're not grouping on sky temple in a place with zero objectives to get 'ez kills' because he doesn't want to pve all game. As azmo. Who went E build, into a bunch of stuns, wants to teamfight. And he goes on like this for basically the rest of the game.

Eventually they wipe the other team right outside their top keep (I wasn't watching closely and had no idea why they were even there), shove through top keep (Dunk being the first one to get there because of course everyone else faffed off and starting drifting towards mid for some godforsaken reason) and win the game. The entire time he's going "no, not like this!"

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Watching your daughter laugh at roping is adorable.'

Also the last clip with me going, "WHAAT?!?!?" is the best way to end.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Watching your daughter laugh at roping is adorable.'

Also the last clip with me going, "WHAAT?!?!?" is the best way to end.

way to rub it in :cccc

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Started off rough today and then ended up finishing strong. I got my first boss steal with Holy Ground today on Warhead. Was super glorious. It actually directly contributed to the win as when the boss spawned, it managed to kill their Butcher by chance and we picked off their other AA assassin. Immediately afterwards, the Nukes spawned, we grabbed all four, and took out two keeps.

Other "Why you should always take Holy Field game" just occurred on Spider Tomb. Enemy team was up all game. We happened to get lucky, got the boss, donated to the Spider Queen, and took top keep. They immediately went back to beating our faces in, and got our core down to 60%. They pulled out because they wanted to play with their food I guess for a bit longer. (Seriously. They were all close to 100% life and just core bailed) We recover, do a couple trade offs, and eventually we got the entire team up. I got a good hook pull as Stitches and we managed to kill two of their heroes. We turn in and I work on boss. The enemy team's x3 players saw me and two other players on boss. They could've murdered us, but I guess they wanted to wait for the boss to be low. I devoured Tyrael at 10% boss life thinking he took Holy Field. Well, my team fumbled, decided not to attack the boss and attacked Varian. Tyrael popped out, Varian ran, and right when I thought we were going to lose the boss, Tyrael Q ran Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat He went Horadric Reforging. if he had gone Holy Field, we would've been totally boned. Anyway, victory march to their core. We win. Score was 24-72. (Most of those deaths were our Illidan who would initiate every fight with Metamorph and get Smashed/Judged/Throated by their team. Was bad.)

There's almost no reason never to take holy field. :/

Waffles or whatever on