As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    So, Sigmascape is going to be FFVI flavored, with the last fight against everyone's least favorite clown.

No word on train suplexing.

Initial guesses seem to be Phantom Train, Chadarnook, Guardian, and Kefka.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Larlar
    Wait is Cid a chocobo baby now?

Edit - Also the music at the start of that sounds familiar.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Lalafell
    That rendition of the Phantom Train theme is amazing.

I want a full version of that to play for the whole boss fight, rather than the FFVI boss theme cover they will no doubt use for most of the raid tier.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Henroid wrote: »
    Edit - Also the music at the start of that sounds familiar.
    Enlong wrote: »
    That rendition of the Phantom Train theme is amazing.
    AH that's what it is, thank you. That was going to drive me crazy not figuring it out.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    what are these crazy ass english voices

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    I don't understand the question? Is there something strange about them that I'm not hearing?

• Options
    Hyur
    it's my first time hearing them since super long ago in ARR

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    the english va got good at heavensward

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    basically every voice actor who wasn't a recent addition got replaced going from ARR to HW and it is incredibly jarring for a new player

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    basically every voice actor who wasn't a recent addition got replaced going from ARR to HW and it is incredibly jarring for a new player

Puberty hit Alphinaud like a goddamn truck on that wagon ride to Ishgard, I tell you what.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    the original voice I miss most is merlwyb's, because she sounded like an old woman, and that made her status as what is essentially queen of the pirates that much more badass to me

though I guess it doesn't really matter, because after the fight with leviathan, the narrative kind of forgets she exists

• Options
    Roegadyn
    oh, speaking of badass women the game kind of forgets about, I got to the stormblood job quests for machinist yesterday and
    I finally know where Hilda went, at least!

• Options
    Hyur
    I got the bomb palanquin last night and I sit on it like fucking Kirk

it's the best

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Larlar
    the english va got good at heavensward
    That's good to hear. Especially since the original 1-50 content has a guy literally doing the "SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAKE" thing at one point.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    That's more on the writing than the V.A. though.

• Options
    Lalafell
    The reference pile doesn't stop from getting bigger, regardless of new VAs.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Blame Koji, like the rest of us.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Larlar
    I dunno, if you're going to do an MMO and need to perpetuate content for it, why not fall back on the decades worth of previous games? In a few years they'll be calling back to Final Fantasy 15 in Final Fantasy 14.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The Final Fantasy callbacks and cleverly slotting in previous games' into FF14 is good.

Not everyone likes the pop culture references and memes.

• Options
    Larlar
    Yukira wrote: »
    The Final Fantasy callbacks and cleverly slotting in previous games' into FF14 is good.

Not everyone likes the pop culture references and memes.
    I mean, the series has been doing callbacks since the Playstation era. It's nothing new.

I like it when a series makes callbacks or references. And I even like pop culture references (and yes even meme references). It's one thing to not get those references or not care of them, but sometimes I see a hyper level of aggression about pop culture references. That's a little strange. I mean, we all live in a society, it has a lot of shit going on. Those things will crossover once in a while. And that's okay?

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Mostly I just like all the puns.

The terrible, terrible puns.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    I am proud to be Lakshmi intolerant.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    So I watched a trailer that featured FFVI music and whoops now I'm resubbed to FFXIV. Is there a way to play with others across servers yet?

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Hyur
    Fig-D wrote: »
    So I watched a trailer that featured FFVI music and whoops now I'm resubbed to FFXIV. Is there a way to play with others across servers yet?

only through party finder, I believe

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Hyur
    So could run dungeons with people from this thread? Cause that is totally what I want. Or is it a random group only?

• Options
    Lalafell
    you can do stuff like set up a password lock on your party finder, and then tell people through here or in a discord or what have you what the password is and when you'll be doing the party finder.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    Also important to note you can only play cross-server with people on the same..cluster? Is that the right word

• Options
    Hyur
    Oh. Hm. I'm on Ultros. Don't suppose anyone else is on that server or a part of the Primal group?

• Options
    Larlar
    When does this patch arrive?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    January 30

• Options
    Roegadyn
    real glad my girlfriend and I randomly opted to do the ruby princess questline while we were going through stormblood

it gives you the only optional dungeon between 60 and 70 and the only dungeon period between 61 and 65

and there is NOTHING that tells you going in that the questline is useful or important, it's just the regular yellow icon

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    real glad my girlfriend and I randomly opted to do the ruby princess questline while we were going through stormblood

it gives you the only optional dungeon between 60 and 70 and the only dungeon period between 61 and 65

and there is NOTHING that tells you going in that the questline is useful or important, it's just the regular yellow icon

Also, the armor :rotate:, though less important after they gave it out in the event.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Shisui has bikini armor for every class, and they did a summer fest last year that gave away a generic lvl 1 version

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    it was an event?

the armour for that dungeon was repurposed as the swimwear everyone got for the summer last year, which could be dyed and equipped at any level

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    it was an event?

the armour for that dungeon was repurposed as the swimwear everyone got for the summer last year, which could be dyed and equipped at any level

ohhhhh

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te

Blame yourself or God.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.