As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can ride a motorbike in the new [ZELDA] - DLC PACK 2 PAGE 36

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I completed trial of the sword on normal and I don't see how you can clear the final trials without being able to consistently parry beams. You simply don't get enough weapons to do it any other way.

You can find like 6 Ancient Arrows.

I found 9

Ni

ce

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Also I started up master mode and it's crazy. The health regeneration seems like overkill. I'm kind of itching to just start a new run on normal but it sucks you can only have 1 "slot" for normal and master modes.

Whenever possible, use Bombs to knock enemies into water.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    unless they're lizalfos

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It's been a year since this trailer dropped. Did the game live up to everyone's expectations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    I think it exceeded my expectations. I thought the story was lacking and the ending disappointing but everything else is fantastic.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    goddamnit

I'm sitting at 114 shrines, with the Quest log saying I haven't doe 6 shrine quests. Which should mean that I just need to find the starts of the quests and can stop using the Sheikah Sensor, right?

Except I found Kass again today, and he sings me the verse of the region or whatever, and then says "Oh, I see you've solved this already"

At which point a Shrine Quest title pops up, then clears

still at 114 shrines, but now i have 5 non-completed Shrine quests, meaning theres one that just hanging around somewhere with nothing pointing to it

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Joolander wrote: »
    goddamnit

I'm sitting at 114 shrines, with the Quest log saying I haven't doe 6 shrine quests. Which should mean that I just need to find the starts of the quests and can stop using the Sheikah Sensor, right?

Except I found Kass again today, and he sings me the verse of the region or whatever, and then says "Oh, I see you've solved this already"

still at 114 shrines, but now i have 5 non-completed Shrine quests, meaning theres one that just hanging around somewhere with nothing pointing to it

Did you get the one in the middle of the island in Lake Hylia

That ended up being my last one

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    goddamnit

You could check your path on the map and see if there's somewhere you haven't been.

I just looked up a map on the internet after getting to around 115.

I did all the shrines and still have one or two shrine quests I haven't found.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    goddamnit

Did you get the one in the middle of the island in Lake Hylia

That ended up being my last one

the big island? yeah, ive been there

and my hero's path shows basically full coverage of the map, but im pretty sure there are spots where i didnt have the Shrine sensor on and was chasing ingredients for armor upgrades or something

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I had to look up my very last one.

It was
    near the entrance to the Yiga Clan hideout, but on a level higher than the main route in.

Glad I looked it up as my hero's path showed me going I think directly over it once and near it several times, but obviously without the sensor on.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's been a year since this trailer dropped. Did the game live up to everyone's expectations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

Yes and no. Like, I went in expecting it to not hit the notes of "Zelda game" that I wanted, but hoo boy did that trailer in particular set up an idea of a story that it completely failed to deliver on. It totally met my expectations in terms of having a cool world that felt good to explore, but just about everything else it tried to do fell so flat for me and it could have been so much more than just that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i had a dang good time with botw but I also a) tend to particularly enjoy the weirder entries in the series and b) don't really hold the zelda series in such high reverence so for me it was pretty much just "yeah that was a heckin' good videogame" and not much more

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'd have liked it to had been way heavier on story like the final trailer showcased, but BotW did hold me attention like no other open world has since Red Dead Redemption. Most of them I find to be cluttered with a load of boring things to do and I don't like having a load of icons vomitted on the map.

Even Horizon I didn't like as much as most, since the side activities just felt like #Content for the sake of having stuff thrown all over the place.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I feel like such a chump for saying "you know that game with near-universal acclaim that was an instant classic? Yeah, I really liked it"

but I did!

The one thing I could say that I think most sums up how this game worked for me is I almost certainly have at least a mild form of ADD, I have a hard time just focusing in on one thing at a time unless it's like a movie theater where I literally can't do anything else but sit and watch, when I'm at home I'm never doing just one thing at a time

when I played this game I played it with my full undivided attention for over 50 hours, I didn't want anything else but that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm over 120 hours into BotW and finally burning out so I need to finish the story before I never do.

I love the game and its gameplay but I absolutely don't care about the story. I know Zelda games don't have the most engaging stories, but I don't think they really knew how to do the story with the "go anywhere anytime" style. Most of the story parts had to be written to stand alone for whenever you get to them, so they can't reference other story parts and it feels (to me) like it doesn't matter.

I would've made the Divine Beasts a linear progression (you have to beat them in a certain order) while keeping the rest of the open world stuff. Doing that would let you add in the classic Zelda dungeon items, too

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I am not burned out and would prefer not to look at the number of hours logged (my only consolation would be that I have a bad habit of just leaving a menu open and walking away from my TV).

More importantly, I'm finally moving westward in The Great Korok Search and wtf am I naming this magic white horse? I really wanted to go with Banana Milk but it won't fit.

E: update, no need, horse's name is Fabio

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't believe this DLC is making me do Yiga stealth shit again

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I.... ran in with Ancient and Bomb arrows and blew the whole thing up.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Urbosa's Fury, three times in a row.

What wasn't dead in that room was definitely killable before it could get a swing of it's weapon in at me.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Yeah, I tried to do the stealth thing again in the Proper Way, got noticed a few times, got super-frustrated, and then remembered that I have Ancient Arrows and also that I am Too Old For This Shit, and started enjoying the game again.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    With how the camps are set up (one or two high-tier monsters surrounded by base-tier monsters) in combination with the One-Hit Obliterator's properties (two attacks every minute or so), I feel that picking most of the enemies off with arrows is the expected solution. You're not supposed to ninja the entire enemy camp, you're supposed to knock out the small fry from afar and use the OHO for mop-up.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Urbosa's Fury, three times in a row.

What wasn't dead in that room was definitely killable before it could get a swing of it's weapon in at me.

Urbosa's Fury in that room is soooooooooooo good

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    With how the camps are set up (one or two high-tier monsters surrounded by base-tier monsters) in combination with the One-Hit Obliterator's properties (two attacks every minute or so), I feel that picking most of the enemies off with arrows is the expected solution. You're not supposed to ninja the entire enemy camp, you're supposed to knock out the small fry from afar and use the OHO for mop-up.

Minute? It recharges in seconds, just like the fire/ice/thunder swords.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Speaking of, can you get them again? I have them in my inventory, but I don't want to lose them forever.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

Yeah I went through three camps exactly as described, expecting the stick to take forever to recharge; felt pretty dumb when I was able to clear the fourth by just stabbing, running, and stabbing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Speaking of, can you get them again? I have them in my inventory, but I don't want to lose them forever.

Yes you can find more of the elemental weapons. Late-game, the Arena should have one of each type (fire/lightning/ice plus spear/1h/2h) and they reset each Blood Moon.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yes you can find more of the elemental weapons. Late-game, the Arena should have one of each type (fire/lightning/ice plus spear/1h/2h) and they reset each Blood Moon.

Generally they also respawn wherever you originally found them. Including non-shrine chests, IIRC.

I can think of at least one Flame Greatsword that's relatively easily available from the moment you get off the Plateau, for instance.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Once you get Revali's Gale, the arena is a great shopping spot for elemental weapons.
    Boost up to the top, and you can work your way down with a series of pretty easy sneak attacks until you reach the weapon you want, you don't even have to deal with the Lynel.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Revali's cutscene in the Champion's Ballad DLC is very Ace Anime Mech Pilot

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Hey, did someone say that you can change the type of gem you can get from the fancy ore deposits by hitting it with the apropriate element?

My gf has tried both ice arrows and hitting white chuchu jellys next to them, but they still give mostly topaz

My googling hasn't returned any results either

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I've never heard that, at least? I just know the thing where hitting a blue chuchu with elemental stuff will change the type of jelly you get from it.

• Options
    I've done everything in this game, but one
    Tomorrow, after just about a full year of playing this, I will ride this motorcycle straight through the gates of Hyrule Castle and beat the snot out of Calamity Ganon

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    ~immediately hits patch of purple curse goo, dies~

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I've done everything in this game, but one
    Tomorrow, after just about a full year of playing this, I will ride this motorcycle, naked, straight through the gates of Hyrule Castle and beat the snot out of Calamity Ganon
    sounds good

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Playing Wind Waker for the first time and mmmmmmm getting that Swift Sail feels good.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Beat Wind Waker. That final section was incredibly strong.

Two things stuck out to me.
    When the King makes his wish on the Triforce, Ganondorf scoffs at the idea that a future for them is possible, because for him the ocean is a desolated land. And it is in a lot of ways, but Tetra and Link have no trouble at all with imaging a better future, because for them the ocean is their home and the only one they've ever known.

This is small but I was really glad that Medli and Makar showed up in the ending. The little tragedy of them leaving their homes to pray in a temple forever really bummed me out, so seeing that they were no longer beholden to the old Hyrule was great.

Time to finally listen to those Book of Mudora episodes!

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Ganondorf has a very specific idea of what prosperity looks like and is not able to imagine beyond that

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Beat Wind Waker. That final section was incredibly strong.

Two things stuck out to me.
    When the King makes his wish on the Triforce, Ganondorf scoffs at the idea that a future for them is possible, because for him the ocean is a desolated land. And it is in a lot of ways, but Tetra and Link have no trouble at all with imaging a better future, because for them the ocean is their home and the only one they've ever known.

This is small but I was really glad that Medli and Makar showed up in the ending. The little tragedy of them leaving their homes to pray in a temple forever really bummed me out, so seeing that they were no longer beholden to the old Hyrule was great.

Time to finally listen to those Book of Mudora episodes!
    Makar and Medli are on the pirate ship at the end!

• Options
    On the finale of the Book of Murdora Wind Waker episodes.
    My interpretation of Ganondorf calling Link the hero of time reborn is that he is mistaken. He's an old man obsessed with reliving a conflict from long ago and he believes, or wants to believe, that only the reincarnation of that boy from back then would be able to stand against him or do what Link's done.

I don't think Ganondorf is totally deluding himself about Gerudo life. They seemed to be doing okay in Ocarina of Time but Link was ultimately just a visitor to their lands and couldn't really understand the fullness of their experiences, so I'm willing to believe that life in the desert was a lot harsher than previously thought. I agree though that Ganondorf did what he did for the sake of himself, not the sake of his people.

• Options
    Started playing Skyward Sword and oh my god Groose is perfect. I already loved him but then I walked into his room and found out that he has both a framed picture of himself on the wall and a punching bag with a drawing of Link's face on it.

Also I can't help but feel the developers merged Rauru and the King of Hyrule into one character solely to spite @Wyborn .