As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I was pleased last night to get all three requisite blueprints for Rhino in just 3 Jackal kills - but then I discovered that the chassis requires plastids and a control module - neither of which seem to drop on Mercury, Venus, Earth or Mars. Same for a ... Neural something for the Fire Sword that Lotus gave me after the Once Awake missions.

This was all a bit disappointing, since the various getting started guides and videos I've checked out have indicated that I would have basically everything I needed to make a new Frame by now.

Can you vets direct me to a resource that indicates where different materials can be found/farmed?

Not sure it still works but try going to the warframe website and entering the code FREESWORD. It should give a fire sword with double mod space and weapon slot.
    The code worked!

Also, taxiing doesn't work the way it used to, but I'm sure if people are asserting in alliance chart would love to take you out and get you the drops you need. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find someone to help you in recruiting channel either. The ratio of nice people to a holes in this game is Canadian.

I've got most locations unlocked and I'd be willing to taxi anyone anywhere if they hit me up when I'm online. But if it's changed then someone might have to tell me how to do it now. I think in 2014 all you had to do was get in a squad with someone and then start the mission?

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    You can bring people along on the missions, and they will get drops and whatnot, but it will not remain accessible to them later. They now have to be able to access any node from another unlocked node.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Although can can do things like unlock nodes in reverse, so if you have something unlocked in the void, you can unlock parts of sedna and things like that

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm on Xbone, where the PA clan is currently full. So unfortunately, there's no Alliance chat for me.

That said, I bet if I asked in *shudder* General chat, someone would take me. Folks seem eager to help.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm on Xbone, where the PA clan is currently full. So unfortunately, there's no Alliance chat for me.

That said, I bet if I asked in *shudder* General chat, someone would take me. Folks seem eager to help.

Region chat on PC is fine, I don't see why it'd be any different on Xbone

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I actually forgot Region chat existed. I never found it to be the hellhole that Twitch chat or Youtube comments are, but I can't say I'd consider WF Regional chat 'fine', but that's going to be subjective. I don't miss not having it, that's for sure. Trade has its own annoyances (so my full Prime set is worth 20 plat and your single Common relic drop is worth 45, eh?) and LFG isn't something I find either great or obnoxious, but the old region stuff could get just obnoxious pretty abruptly. Finding out that I could kill it was a no-brainer.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    A

On pc you'd want to ask that in the recruiting channel, not sure how they divide the channel content on the xbox

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    The rudest thing that anyone has ever said to me in Warframe was that I needed to learn how to use shields (playing Volt). Which was true.

In contrast, I have several epic salt messages in WOW that I've saved in macros. The difference really is something.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Just tested something that'd occurred to me recently. The explosion damage from acid shells that scales from the health of the target you killed to cause the explosion, and presumably the similar effect from thermomagnetic shells and vulkan blitz, is affected my the damage multiplier of molecular prime. With acid shells that'd mean damage equal to 90% of an enemy's health dealt to nearby enemies.
    Ooh, looking at the wiki, bane mods and the like as well as roar directly increase the damage dealt by it. The wiki also points out that Banshee's sonar and Saryn's viral procs would synergize with these mods as well.
    I'll have to keep this in mind when I'm using those frames or those weapons. The scaling of those mods did strike me as something that would probably be effective, but with all these stacking ways to increase their damage they might be the strongest weapons in the game with the right setup.

Maybe there are inactive members on Xbone?

cB557 on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I feel like warframe is mostly friendly because, with the exception of Limbo's banish, or maybe some of the nova stuff I think?, there's no way to screw over your teammates, and having extra people along, even if they are very underleveled, is never a burden, with the exception of maybe some really high level stuff? Hell, bringing more people means more energy enemies and energy drops most of the time, so it's always more fun to run with other people.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    An obnoxious limbo or slow Nova can drag a mission out for a long damn time but cannot actually prevent its completion. Still can be annoying though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    An obnoxious limbo or slow Nova can drag a mission out for a long damn time but cannot actually prevent its completion. Still can be annoying though.

I always feel bad when I do the reverse, Slowva is the default on my Nova and I sometimes swap and forget to change the load out.

You can just drop from the game, change loadouts and get reinvited though.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I played mr1-5 a couple years ago when I first got ps4 for my kids. Then I started up again like many others after Eidolon. Now i am Mr 7 but I have a question: how do you get catalysts and reactors now without plat buying? I've used my last reactor on ember, kind if want another before I create another frame.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I thought I pinged DP and Preacher said he was okay with dropping as he wasn't actively playing. Unless we did that swap for someone else. IDK. I'll have to look later.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    I played mr1-5 a couple years ago when I first got ps4 for my kids. Then I started up again like many others after Eidolon. Now i am Mr 7 but I have a question: how do you get catalysts and reactors now without plat buying? I've used my last reactor on ember, kind if want another before I create another frame.

you can get bps from the gift of the lotus (sometimes), alerts, invasions (sometimes)... possibly other ways

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

There will occasionally be alerts or invasions rewarding Forma/Catalysts/Reactors.

Check this site (there may be a phone app too?) for warnings.

• Options

Also, if you pop a couple of relics for Prime parts, these can be sold to other players for plat.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Alerts is how I had a few from ages ago. Figured there was another way since I haven't seen one pop up since I picked it back up. So much has changed...i feel it's better but also I just now got planets unlocked to where I was back then.

• Options
    edited January 2018

I thought I pinged DP and Preacher said he was okay with dropping as he wasn't actively playing. Unless we did that swap for someone else. IDK. I'll have to look later.
    I recall DP saying that at last check, everyone in the PA Dojo was sufficiently active. No biggie.

Had a bit of frustration yesterday while trying to do the mission where you chase the Corpus into the Void. One the way out you're supposed to retrieve an Orokin Archive, but as far as I could tell, it spawned inside a wall; I simply could not find a way to it. I tried to Abort and restart the mission, but by that time the new patch had dropped and it was time to update.

Once I have a weapon to rank 30, is there any reason to keep it, or should I just sell it to make room for new toys? My Bo is maxed, and my Braton and Lato are not far behind. Leveling weapons is the best way to gain Mastery, right (I'm only MR 2)?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    After 170 login days, I finally have acquired a frame suited for beginners!

I recall DP saying that at last check, everyone in the PA Dojo was sufficiently active. No biggie.

Had a bit of frustration yesterday while trying to do the mission where you chase the Corpus into the Void. One the way out you're supposed to retrieve an Orokin Archive, but as far as I could tell, it spawned inside a wall; I simply could not find a way to it. I tried to Abort and restart the mission, but by that time the new patch had dropped and it was time to update.

Once I have a weapon to rank 30, is there any reason to keep it, or should I just sell it to make room for new toys? My Bo is maxed, and my Braton and Lato are not far behind. Leveling weapons is the best way to gain Mastery, right (I'm only MR 2)?

Nope, its in a secret room. Probably*. There are a few places they typically spawn in the void, to the right of 4 containers in a row a vent will be missing. In the circular room with the tree, jump down the hole the tree comes out of. In a long passage look up to see a vent you can jump into. In any room with a waterfall, look into where the water is falling, there is often a pipe you can jump into.

*There is one place where caches can spawn that the trigger to open the door is on the other side of the door.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    You gain MR from leveling anything. Weapons, frame, companion, companion weapons, etc.

And you get several slots for weapons go ahead and keep one if you like it, sell off the ones you are meh about.

• Options

Most of those weapons are something your going to want to sell. Eventually, you'll get a number of weapons that are super awesome that you'll want to keep.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    A lot of the crappy weapons are used to make other also crappy weapons, but more MR.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    After 170 login days, I finally have acquired a frame suited for beginners!

Nope, its in a secret room. Probably*. There are a few places they typically spawn in the void, to the right of 4 containers in a row a vent will be missing. In the circular room with the tree, jump down the hole the tree comes out of. In a long passage look up to see a vent you can jump into. In any room with a waterfall, look into where the water is falling, there is often a pipe you can jump into.

*There is one place where caches can spawn that the trigger to open the door is on the other side of the door.
    Ah-ha! Thanks for this.

ALSO: how do I do the awesome vertical jump that I keep seeing folks on stream or whatever doing ?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, those secret rooms. I didn't learn most of those until way after that quest.

I'm still finding new ones to this day. There's a Uranus tile where you have to go underwater in Sharkwing, shoot an exploding barrel, and then jump up through the newly blasted hole to access a (sometimes) secret cache.

• Options
    Bullet jumping should be crouch then jump while crouching.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Bullet jumping should be crouch then jump while crouching.
    Oh, it's a vertical bullet jump. Of course. Duh.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I couldn't figure out how to beat MR 8. I completely forgot Vertical Bullet Jump was a thing.
    ...then I had to remind myself to use the glide for precision jumping
    My warframe may or may not be a spaz

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I don't blame you for not recognizing it. A horizontal bullet jump goes half as far as a vertical one, which turns out to be awesome, but makes zero physical sense.

• Options
    Before you sell any weapons check this page http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients . It will save you from having to build the same thing more then once (unless you need two of them).

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Any room left in the PS4 clan? I just started playing and am giving it a bigger shot now that Destiny 2 had run out of stuff for me to do.
    Psn: Boozer_777

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Out of 10, 8 had been on within the week, 2 approaching a month, and I've got my eye on them.

To be clear, I don't mind at all expanding, it's just it literally triples all resource costs for research/building, and we've hovered around ~4-5 actives at any point. If it looks like a reasonably steady thing to have "mostly active people" I'll just bump it to 30 and see what happens.

Edit: This is what happens when a drunk vanity project turns useful I guess...

dporowski on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Strata Relay is sooo boned (PS4). The whole Formorian Disruptor thing makes saving a relay more trouble than most tenno can be bothered with, as it is. The debris littering the origin system speaks to that. And now, it’s happening on top of a rewards-heavy ghoul invasion on the relatively new Plains, and a new story quest. Plus, Baro Claus comes to town this week, so people are farming relics.

Definitely boned. By design.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Have they ever had events to rebuild the relays? Like dumping massive amounts of resources in and then maybe a few quest specific or whatever?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    No, but there have been hints lately that we might be getting those.

• Options
    finally got scattered justice for my hek, and i'm pouring a bunch of forma into it as well. Still not as fun as the zarr, but it's getting rather powerful

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    If they do commit to destroying the remaining relays, I’d welcome the option to build shopfronts and syndicate outposts in the Dojo. Maybe have a competition among clans to take in refugees from the relays by building residential decks. Effectively turning the Dojo into the new, decentralized version of the relays.

Maybe Simaris loses a ton of data in the fall of the relays, and comes to realize that digitizing life doesn’t make it any less fragile. And that what the tenno are building is a *real* sanctuary. So he volunteers to be installed as the cephalon in charge of looking after the operator’s Dojo and the refugees.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    also pilfering swarm makes hydroid so much better even in solo play because now enemies drop way more energy orbs, and you can just keep on going.

• Options
    I finished leveling nekros twice now, plain and prime, and outside of desecrate his kit is very lackluster to me. Soul punch is hilarious for the knock back, terrify can buy you a little time to breathe I guess, and his 4 is really only useful if you have killed eximus units which provide useful buffs and debuffs. Can a nekros fan explain what I am missing?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I finished leveling nekros twice now, plain and prime, and outside of desecrate his kit is very lackluster to me. Soul punch is hilarious for the knock back, terrify can buy you a little time to breathe I guess, and his 4 is really only useful if you have killed eximus units which provide useful buffs and debuffs. Can a nekros fan explain what I am missing?

I'm not a "fan" but when I run with nekros I always run with two augment mods, one for desecrate and another for his 4.

Combined with Equilibrium and you're basically immortal with infinite energy to CC with soul punch and terrify.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.