As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Schedule Is Out

SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatterRegistered User regular
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule

Lookin pretty good this year =D

P0P7S6y.png

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

I couldn't agree less. I've been going for years And this is probably the worst (for me, opinion) I've seen.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    stitchingdragonstitchingdragon MA, USARegistered User regular
    Maybe I missing them but I don't see story time or Acquisitions Inc?

-stitchingdragon
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

I have to agree. Looking back at every year, it's not the most amazing year. But compared to the last few years, it's by far ahead of the pack with two exceptions:

1. Autograph sessions are a tad light, but I honestly attribute that to overshooting it in 2013-2015 so years since then aren't as showy. But I've obtained better signatures outside of dedicated sessions anyways, so not a deal breaker.
    2. Unless he makes a surprise appearance at the Stormblood storytelling panel, no FFXIV Q&A with Yoshi-P makes me a sad panda. Has nothing to do with meeting the man, I have plenty of pics and hugs to fill that quota. It's more the tradition of a community of players having a good time together.

But yeah, I like what I see.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Maybe I missing them but I don't see story time or Acquisitions Inc?

Acq Inc is Thursday night at 9PM. It's taking the spot of a performance since we have an extra night.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    I'm pumped for the Homestarrunner panel on Sunday. Been a huge fan since I was younger and would love to meet them. Hopefully i can get an autograph as well.

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    No Storytime and what feels like live podcasts everywhere. First pass through schedule and I'm a little let down.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Blah....

• Options
    falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    Excited just because Chris G will be there as part of the fighting game panel.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Is there any key note this year?

• Options
    StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    Kind of bummed that there isn't a Gearbox panel. I always made sure to go to those. But, I haven't been to PAX since 2014 so I don't even know if they are really a thing anymore. I'm also really looking forward to Homestar Runner!

bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Homestarrunner! And Ac Inc on Thursday night is a bold move... I’ll have to run there right after my panel wraps up if I want a seat...

• Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    I kinda wish they had it on the app, looking at it on the website is actually sort of annoying in a wierd way

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    They mentioned in replies that they are working on the mobile app and to "Stand by" for something in regards to Story time

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    Satoru wrote: »
    I kinda wish they had it on the app, looking at it on the website is actually sort of annoying in a wierd way

Lucky for you, the app is now updated with the schedule too.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Remember this will be added/changed to as we get closer to PAX... I can't imagine the Main theater being that empty (on Thursday/Sunday), let a long no storytime...

djlybs on
    MvyuK6O.png
  • Options
    tinkerer26tinkerer26 Registered User new member
    what a joke that they included heroes of the storm after writing this: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2017/05/10/the-things-we-do-for-skins

• Options
    tinkerer26 wrote: »
    what a joke that they included heroes of the storm after writing this: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2017/05/10/the-things-we-do-for-skins

I mean Gabe & Tycho (and by extension Mike & Jerry) don't run PAX. On the same token, they have no reason to discriminate against a game being at PAX just because they don't like it.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    djlybs wrote: »
    Remember this will be added/changed to as we get closer to PAX... I can't imagine the Main theater being that empty (on Thursday/Sunday), let a long no storytime...

I hope so, but doubt it. What is the point of expanding PAX to 4 days, when there isn't a single panel by a major game studio. Not saying it said all be big games, but not even Gearbox has a panel and they've had one for years at PAX East, even when there wasn't anything new.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular

I hope so, but doubt it. What is the point of expanding PAX to 4 days, when there isn't a single panel by a major game studio. Not saying it said all be big games, but not even Gearbox has a panel and they've had one for years at PAX East, even when there wasn't anything new.

The official PAX twitter yesterday said there are at least a couple events that haven’t been added.

bftgk95jb551.png

• Options

Blizzard with Heroes of the Storm and Starcraft, Square Enix with FFXIV and FFXV, Player Unknown with PUBG Live (one of the highest selling pc games), as well as lots of high profile youtube and twitch personalities. Also confirmed that some of the panels aren't finalized via Twitter. It went to 4 days so that more people can attend and be a part of PAX.

PAX isn't the panels, the meetups, the signings, the tabletop freeplay, the show floor, so on. It's all of these things and with the capacity East has been hitting every year, it's good to see it expand and allow more people to become a part of it.

That's my feelings anyways. If you're not enjoying it then I'm sorry to hear that.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular

The official PAX twitter yesterday said there are at least a couple events that haven’t been added.

There are 2 blizzard panels and 2 final fantasy panels though?

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if there was a comparable panel to "Cosplay 101: Materials for Props, Cosplay, Gaming and more!" last year, and if so, how much did it fill. I would likely be a few minutes late to it, so if it fills, I want to know ahead of time so I can plan for other things.

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there was a comparable panel to "Cosplay 101: Materials for Props, Cosplay, Gaming and more!" last year, and if so, how much did it fill. I would likely be a few minutes late to it, so if it fills, I want to know ahead of time so I can plan for other things.

I can’t speak for 101 but I ran 201 last year at West (and am running it at east for the first time) and it filled to capacity 30 minutes before start.

• Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    VGguy49 wrote: »

I can’t speak for 101 but I ran 201 last year at West (and am running it at east for the first time) and it filled to capacity 30 minutes before start.

Ah. I'll be able to make 201 but I'm not sure about 101. I guess I'll just try it and if I can't get in oh well. (Edit: Also now I will plan some time for 201 as well)

VGguy49 on
    Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2018
    What is the point of expanding PAX to 4 days
    While expanding to four days has the nice side effect of creating more PAX for some people who can make all the days, the primary reason for both West and East expanding to four days is to increase overall capacity so more individual people have an opportunity to experience some PAX.

Also PAX confirmed that the schedule is not finalized and there are still things to be added. This happens on the regular. While I can't remember a time that the storytime speaker was announced after the initial schedule was out instead of before, I am confident that there will be a storytime.
    there isn't a single panel by a major game studio
    I know this has been addressed already, but it's so odd I felt like I needed to do so again.
    While you are obviously free to like or dislike whatever you please, I dare say that Blizzard and SQUARE ENIX are major game studios.
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/inside-the-forge-blizzards-heroes-of-the-storm-in-2018
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/starcraft-20th-anniversary
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-making-it-yours
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/the-writing-of-final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Personally, I like the schedule. It feels like there's a lot of talks that are about something as opposed to an announcement I could just watch online or a panel that is just a thinly veiled advertisement for a particular game. I get excited just like the next person about game studios I love announcing new things I will probably enjoy, but I feel that it enriches PAX more as a whole to have a solid variety of types of panels instead of just that sort of thing from big game developers. I am a big fan of the way Nintendo does so many of their announcements through Nintendo Direct and wish more publishers would adopt this strategy.

• Options
    I love that the community has a time to shine as PAX. It feels really nice to see people that I know having the opportunity to put on a panel and have a good time. Anything that promotes the PAX community as a whole feels right to me. There's a million conventions and expos for large devs but PAX is one of the few out there that lets the community have a spotlight. I dig that.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    If anyone cares - I screen capped all the maps from the PAX East App - I do a lot of running around for interviews at the con and mapping my route to small booths is very helpful (I know I have my phone - but scanning around on it trying to find stuff gets annoying).

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Jer1ch0 wrote: »
    If anyone cares - I screen capped all the maps from the PAX East App - I do a lot of running around for interviews at the con and mapping my route to small booths is very helpful (I know I have my phone - but scanning around on it trying to find stuff gets annoying).
    Since the maps and app update many times between initial release and PAX itself, these will likely quickly be outdated. (edit: in fact they already are, see the nintendo booth ;) )
    They are all available on the web guidebook here https://guidebook.com/guide/116957/maps/ which uses the same data as the app updates

zerzhul on
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Wow .. there are a lot of changes from those images to what is published now. I see at least a half dozen plus. I did not think it would change that much.

I would think they would have just released the maps closer to PAX when the "seating plan" is more concrete. I just thought that the a map release was "close" to a final setup... shows what I know :biggrin:

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    I think they try to have it be as close as possible, but sometimes someone can show up with a big pile of money and say "hey not to disrupt your plans, buuuut"

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Looks like Bethesda is doing an offsite event at Laugh Boston on Saturday: http://woobox.com/xcgwq7

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    IAmSanchoIAmSancho Registered User new member
    Is there a Jamspace this year? I'd like to know the lineup before the event, I've missed quite a few acts in the past since there was no news from Pax as to who was playing.

• Options
    IAmSancho wrote: »
    Is there a Jamspace this year? I'd like to know the lineup before the event, I've missed quite a few acts in the past since there was no news from Pax as to who was playing.

It’s next to Arachnid theater.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    when jamspace is hosted by magfest, they will often post the lineup on their website. Here is last year's lineup post.

I would keep an eye on their website for a post for this year.

zerzhul on