As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2018 Webcrumblics Thread

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    that's literally the best way to deal with a manipulative mind reader though, just make him a sobbing mess of a human, flooded with a turbulence of uncontrollable, inescapable trauma, most of which isn't even his own

it's not the nice thing to do, nor the heroic one, but it is very effective

In a way Patrick would be proud, if he wasn't so far up his own ass he's wearing his nose as a hat

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If he has to rebuild himself, at least it won't be a ten year old doing the rebuilding.
    He'll probably still be a jackass, though.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Or it could be like in Discworld where knocking down all the compartmentalisation reveals someone who's proud of who they really are.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Brogue One, a Star Wars story

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Brogue One, a Star Wars story

you happy about this?

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Tom Grendel, Brogue Warrior

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    If he has to rebuild himself, at least it won't be a ten year old doing the rebuilding.

If he's the only one rebuilding himself he'll just turn into a bigger monster.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    From the look of it she’s gonna hit one wall with a wrecking ball then get killed brutally by the big mind guardian version of herself that’s right behind her

With certainty this is exactly what’s going to happen

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Bully Demise, god damn

I suppose it makes sense that I'm not literally the only person who watches SuperGreatFriend

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

If he's the only one rebuilding himself he'll just turn into a bigger monster.

With his powers, everyone will be rebuilding him, whether they want to or not.

• Options
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    From the look of it she’s gonna hit one wall with a wrecking ball then get killed brutally by the big mind guardian version of herself that’s right behind her

With certainty this is exactly what’s going to happen

I'm wondering if the mind guardian is going to end up being the one breaking the wall. Menace watching without interfering makes me think he approves, and seeing Allison turn in shock as the guardian strikes only for it to hit the wall instead of her would be visually impressive.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    that's literally the best way to deal with a manipulative mind reader though, just make him a sobbing mess of a human, flooded with a turbulence of uncontrollable, inescapable trauma, most of which isn't even his own

it's not the nice thing to do, nor the heroic one, but it is very effective

In a way Patrick would be proud, if he wasn't so far up his own ass he's wearing his nose as a hat
    Him going through his current psychological turmoil is pulling people into his mind, which seems to be operating on "if you die in here, you die in real life" rules. Who knows what making his condition worse will do.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I mean I'll give SFP this, the writers sure do make her talk like a 20 year old who took a single philosophy class where the professor was actually a psychopath

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

Barbarous update! In which we discuss secrets over a few (dozen) beers

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    If Menace is the ideal self Patrick aspires to, then he would approve the destruction of the city in favor of the hope of something knew.

If Pat 63 is lord boy's logical ideal, then the logical thing to do would be to maintain the city and amass as much power as possible in the physical space. But without an emotional core, what is the point of all that......

Suddenly makes sense how Patrick reached this point.

• Options
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Would teens hangout in Shoe Stores though?
    I spent my Youth differently, I think.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I think SFP breaking the walls in that dude's mind is going to maybe look cool and probably going to work out for the best (within the logic of the comic)

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I think SFP breaking the walls in that dude's mind is going to maybe look cool and probably going to work out for the best (within the logic of the comic)

If this whole thing shakes out into an episode of Persona 4 I don't know if I'll be amused or disappointed.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

If this whole thing shakes out into an episode of Persona 4 I don't know if I'll be amused or disappointed.

Amuppointed? Disamused?

I bet there's a German word for it, what ever it is

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

Alright yeah, the flippy umbrella is cool

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    they're all gonna get suspended for beating up a teacher

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Would teens hangout in Shoe Stores though?
    I spent my Youth differently, I think.

Teens who don't like you hang out anywhere you don't want them to.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Yeah gimme those rad Paranatural spirit-fu battle scenes.

Fill the dark hole left by Bleach.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Credit where it's due; while the pacing of this chapter has been ridiculously slow, this page got a pretty good laugh out of me.

Also I seriously love the way Dimitri's using his powers. That looks cool as hell! :D

edit:

This wouldn't be the first time they got away with it. lol

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Also, I was about to start working on a fandub of the conversation between Lucifer and Hijack, but then that scene kind of exploded into a brawl with the entire activity club.

And now I'm wondering if I should just do a dub of the scene up until Isaac cuts them off, or if I should start a casting call for all of the kids and do the entire thing.

It'd probably be a much cooler video if I went all out, but god only knows when this scene will be over. Hmm.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

Persona 5, considering she's destroying his Palace.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

JFA bird.jpg

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I feel like I need a bulletin board and string to chart the new QC romance angles with Clinton somehow at the center.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Clinton, the new Marten?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Clinton, the new Marten?

Well, he's no Clevin, that's for sure.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Credit where it's due; while the pacing of this chapter has been ridiculously slow, this page got a pretty good laugh out of me.

Also I seriously love the way Dimitri's using his powers. That looks cool as hell! :D

edit:

This wouldn't be the first time they got away with it. lol

For the record I just read through this whole comic after dropping off right after the train and the pacing works fine in archive form so there is that. Also probably the strongest part of this comic is that it will some at least one kind of of creative hilarious whatnot in every page.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.