• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ‘O Cleaver of Heretics, come forth,

Let the fetters be upon the blasphemer,

Let the lion tear at his breast;

I will lay fire upon him and punish him with the fury of the Lord God;

Carnivorous dogs will feed upon his entrails;

His shade will not sink to the land of dust,

It shall be torn into pieces by the fiends that dwell by the foot of the Flaying Tree;

Spawn of the beast god, Foul Emission;

The scourge of Akaroth will be upon his flesh’

– Incantation of the Judicator Axe

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    looks like they will have to fight oscar then

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

I love how nice Mammon is.

It stands out so much in a series like K6BD.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    mammon is basically the best

which is a weird thing to say now that i think about it

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    My theory re: Ice Demiurge Lady is that she's lying in her prophecy. She gives the prophecy of the conquering king, but unless Abaddon is doing a "the prophecy is actually gender neutral" thing (lame) the question of why the prophecy is wrong needs to be answered. I think she might be lying, in either an attempt to bring down the demiurges altogether or to become the top dog.

Either that or Zaid does have the capability of being the Conquering King and was the person originally intended to be the CK. Which could be interesting. He's kind of a blank slate at the moment, I guess we'll find out more about him sooner or later.

Also, every time I see Mammon I am reminded of this quote from Small Gods.
    'Around the Godde there forms a Shelle of prayers and Ceremonies and Buildings and Priestes and Authority, until at Last the Godde Dies. Ande this maye notte be noticed.'
    Although he's not quite dead, I could see him dying and the count continuing.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    My theory re: Ice Demiurge Lady is that she's lying in her prophecy. She gives the prophecy of the conquering king, but unless Abaddon is doing a "the prophecy is actually gender neutral" thing (lame) the question of why the prophecy is wrong needs to be answered. I think she might be lying, in either an attempt to bring down the demiurges altogether or to become the top dog.

Either that or Zaid does have the capability of being the Conquering King and was the person originally intended to be the CK. Which could be interesting. He's kind of a blank slate at the moment, I guess we'll find out more about him sooner or later.

Also, every time I see Mammon I am reminded of this quote from Small Gods.
    'Around the Godde there forms a Shelle of prayers and Ceremonies and Buildings and Priestes and Authority, until at Last the Godde Dies. Ande this maye notte be noticed.'
    Although he's not quite dead, I could see him dying and the count continuing.

I'm pretty sure the gender neutral thing is exactly whats going on and Im down. King has been shown to be a gender neutral term in this world many time but that it, like power in general, tends to skew male. Nothing in the prophecy implied who of the two would be king but the Demiurges assumed the man would be king and not the lady.

Now they are gonna pay for it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm. I'm not really a fan and I hope something different is done. It's a fun twist, but I feel that it has been overused to the point where it's not really a twist anymore. Kinda like the "Red Riding Hood has a gun!" subversion. Fun once, but then every story that thinks it's clever does the same thing and it becomes more tiresome than simply doing the story straight.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I’d rather Zaid actually was the Great Prophecied One, with all the power of fate and gods and angels behind him becoming the king.

And then Allison says fuck all that and takes it all on her own without any of that fantasy trope nonsense as a crutch.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I’d rather Zaid actually was the Great Prophecied One, with all the power of fate and gods and angels behind him becoming the king.

And then Allison says fuck all that and takes it all on her own without any of that fantasy trope nonsense as a crutch.

sword grandpa approved and all!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    zoss is definitely the sort of curmudgeon who would learn about the prophecy and go "oh yeah well i just gave it to the person BESIDE the prophesied one! suck my balls!"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Jeez, didn't even notice this was a thing.

• Options
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    K6BD is also heavily influenced by Morrowind, in which
    the central prophecy is straight up bullshit, a lie told by a god to manipulate mortals. Doesn't mean Abbadon is doing the exact same thing, but I'd bet it's something in that ballpark.

Mars on
  • Options
    so far k6bds seems to be actively subverting a lot of story-telling especially in relation to how powerful being rule and what happens to them, so i imagine that there will be something more to the prophecy than either being played straight or having a simple twist

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Girl genius is always fun when gil and tarvek attempt to take each other down a peg.

• Options
    jamsyjamsy Somewhere in AsiaRegistered User regular
    More demon-killing soon?

Currently playing Brave Frontier & THE ALCHEMIST CODE - woop!
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Jeez, didn't even notice this was a thing.

I do believe I've seen some attempts to crack this in previous webcomic threads, but there was a lack of data for cross-referencing.

• Options
    Decided to read through that Monsterkind comic, and that Crimmins guy, Wallace's boss, is just making the most absurdly villainous face every single time he's in-panel and I don't think it's supposed to be as funny as it is.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    jamsy wrote: »
    More demon-killing soon?

Hopefully. She really has a way to go. She's killed maybe a dozen? She should really get on this.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it's gonna be exponential demon slaying

I care about these characters more than the comic living up to its name so I can wait forever if need be

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh hey, I just realized

Nuclear Powered Nun's got a key in her head

I guess when a demiurge has 111,111, giving a person just 1 and naming them Emissary ain't no big deal

unless you're Gog-Agog, I got a feeling the living personification of Envy doesn't like to share

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ye3a8wou247k.jpg
    Gunnerkrigg Court

On the bright side, it looks like he might be content to leave it there.

• Options
    oh hey, I just realized

I guess when a demiurge has 111,111, giving a person just 1 and naming them Emissary ain't no big deal

unless you're Gog-Agog, I got a feeling the living personification of Envy doesn't like to share

i mean i'd figure that about Greed but

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    246yuuvbx8ss.png
    Dumbing of Age

Yeah, stabbing someone would totally get you kicked ou- oh wait.
    Plus it would take almost zero effort to not get fired in this situation.

• Options
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh hey, I just realized

i mean i'd figure that about Greed but

oh I'm sure Gog-Agog will be subverted as well, but I don't think Abbadon is going to pull the exact same trick twice

besides, we've seen a little of Agog's personality already in the meeting; she's all over billboards and advertisements in Throne, and I know from the roleplaying book that she's also heavily invested in the proliferation of entertainment establishments into the heart of the Palaces district, previously inhabited exclusively by the nobility of the conquered worlds

I think whatever the twist on her is going to be, it'll be different than "she's swell, actually"

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    The Nun's "bindi" is orange though. It might not be a key, which are usually white (though Mamon's is yellowish). The red "bindis" aren't keys but are gifted power by the keyholder. I think there's been a few with blue ones, but I'm not sure if those mean anything. But it seems that it's not necessarily a key of power.

• Options
    I think Mammon just gave her a key from one of the worlds he owns, and each key has its own unique shade

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    That would be cool, with lots of keys adding up to a white key. But Alison's key was mistaken for a single key at first, which leads me to think that all keys are white. But that could have been a bit of early comic weirdness from when things hadn't quite been set in stone. Like Cio's arms.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    wonder when the shoe on this Grendel's (fit) Mum thing is going to drop

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    gimme Grendel's fit, estranged dad

make Grendel the Fit Paradox

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    cB557 wrote: »

This page canonizes transgender magical girls in the setting, which is rad.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    gimme Grendel's fit, estranged dad

make Grendel the Fit Paradox

eg35sbyd6tky.jpeg

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    bxzenthxlmeo.jpg
    Yeah, tell Atomic Robo he's doomed, he's never heard that before.

This discussion has been closed.