Options

[Bad Food]: Wherein we discuss what is and is not a sandwich

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I can still see cinnamon bun under there. Needs more frosting.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Uriel, if you ever move, we have room in our kitchen

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ok Bad Food Thread, I'm going to Costco at lunch.
    Should I have a hot dog, a Polish sausage, slice of pizza, or chicken bake?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    polish

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I always go for the pizza, personally

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    No better deal than a polish dog & a soda for $1.50

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    About 90 minutes to get your votes in.
    Can I start a poll in thread that's already going?

• Options
    EDIT: Joke option Larlar

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    About 90 minutes to get your votes in.
    Can I start a poll in thread that's already going?

I think this is important enough to deserve a new thread.

Also, please make one option "All of the above" so you can spend the rest of the day in a regret filled food coma.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I prefer the hot dog and poutine when I'm eating at costco, the pizza for taking out.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    We don't have poutine option out here. We do have chili, though I'm not partial to it.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Polish dog and a soda for lunch, triple berry sundae for desert. ~$3 for the whole thing.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Did.. did they take away the option to start polls? I think I saw Tube getting a little peeved that so many people were doing it.

Never mind, didn't pull down the menu option

Poll's up!

chromdom on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Ok Bad Food Thread, I'm going to Costco at lunch.
    Should I have a hot dog, a Polish sausage, slice of pizza, or chicken bake?

Polish. Pizza to go for tonight.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Did.. did they take away the option to start polls? I think I saw Tube getting a little peeved that so many people were doing it.

No you just have to hit the arrow but I guarantee you if you start a poll about this you'll get Tube'd immediately.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Costco's chicken bake is a bit too expensive for what I want at lunch but it is a damn tasty treat.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Costco's chicken bake is a bit too expensive for what I want at lunch but it is a damn tasty treat.

Payday is tomorrow. I can swing a treat for myself if a case is made for it.

• Options
    Costco hot dogs are like a dollar each. Get two and some fries.

• Options
    ... I don't know if they have fries

• Options
    And they're $1.50 but each one comes with a soda

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    It's Golden Curry, and less because it's super high in sodium and everyone I know always talks about how it's not real curry

Golden Curry is good stuff. I use it as a base for a lot of the curry i make.

Ayo S&B Golden Curry is alright but the real deal is the House Foods brand, their Vermont and Java curries are the shit

I live in the middle of cornfield nowhere. But these sound amazing? Is Vermont curry like apple curry? And is Java just a name or is there coffee?

Now I must have these.

In addition to Amazon, if you end up in Chicago you can get them at Mitsuwa.

Sure, if you're a scrub. H-Mart 4 Lyfe.

If you haven't been to HMart, it's quite the place. They're in Chicago, NY, and Atlanta.

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    tynic wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    $10 for a whole pizza is a bad deal? Are they very small whole pizzas?
    I didn't say that, I said I can't spend $10 on lunch.

But probably one person could eat a whole one for a single meal if they were reasonably hungry, so they're not huge. I can get a filling salad from the cafeteria for $3 though.

Are they big enough to split with someone(s)?

... probably? I'm not saying there are insurmountable obstacles that prevent me from ever trying one of these pizzas. I was just explaining why I hadn't actually tried one, even though they look pretty good. It was, at most, a throw away detail in this overall story of the woodfired pizza truck, I didn't realise it would prove to be so compelling.

There's about eighty eateries within walking distance of my office, I guess over the next few weeks I could entertain everyone with run downs of why I don't usually bother with 75 of them.

I apologize for starting the pizza inquisition

now I really want pizza though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    the is a place around here that does pizza in a rotating brick oven. they build the pizza for you right at the counter like a subway and toss it in the and it comes out in like 2 minutes.

It is very good pizza too. they told me they slow rise their dough for like 2 days.

• Options
    Mod Pizza does that! I love Mod Pizza.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    my younger brother is a ceramicist and works with kilns and has made kilns for people and he's really keen on the idea of making a woodfire pizza oven himself

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    the is a place around here that does pizza in a rotating brick oven. they build the pizza for you right at the counter like a subway and toss it in the and it comes out in like 2 minutes.

It is very good pizza too. they told me they slow rise their dough for like 2 days.

The place that did this in the plaza by me shut down :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Mod Pizza does that! I love Mod Pizza.

they do a good pie

it's one of the only places I can get the pizza I want without feeling like an asshole

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mod Pizza has roasted garlic cloves as a topping. Incidentally that is the best pizza topping

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Screw it. I need a philly cheese steak, some wings, and big order of fries.

Time to go to American Deli.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    There's a chain of those here called Blaze Pizza.

I like their spicy sauce. It's also generally a fine lunch size pizza

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    There's a chain of those here called Blaze Pizza.

I like their spicy sauce. It's also generally a fine lunch size pizza

Please tell me they yell "Blaze up!" whenever an order is ready. Even if they don't, just lie and say yes.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    gjwvbg2noch8.png

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I always liked Richard on Top Chef.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    holy crap I've never been this riveted by a story about chinese takeout

(click through for the full, edge-of-the-seat thrill ride)

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Holy shit. That's crazy

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    It seemed pretty obvious to me that the 'thief' was no such thing, and was throwing out something she thought should have been thrown out.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    there is exactly one circumstance in which it is acceptable to do anything to any food in a shared fridge that you didn't put there, and that's if it is part of your job to clean out the fridge and you've given everyone ample warning and time to get anything they want before you do that

she sounds very much like the kind of person who just decided they don't like a messy fridge and took it upon herself to throw out anything she feels like doesn't belong, and pretends she's doing everyone a favor

imo that's just as bad as the kind of asshole who eats everything in the fridge and doesn't give a fuck

I used to work with this guy who'd just take everything in the employee fridge without a name written on it home at the end of every week, he was a huge piece of shit

Shorty on
  • Options
    It's the "I love shrimp fried rice" at the end that really twists your brains.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    People that leave food in the communal fridge for weeks are just as bad as people who take things that aren't theirs.

This discussion has been closed.