Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Word of God basically said that the Milky Way was smaller than advertised. Like, going from one side to the other with regular FTL takes months, not years. Everyone being in the Sol System without the proper supplies wasn't as bad as had been previously indicated.

Ok.
    I mean, they can say whatever they want, but it's pretty clear that the reality is "the ending was shitty and poorly thought out".

I mean it was built on the idea of "LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE"

so... yeah

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    My biggest issue with Andromeda was lack of Batarian Gauntlet in SP. The hammer was a good enough substitute, though.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I meant to pick to destroy, and even went out of my way to get the high war score... but didn't realize I also needed a high enough paragon score... on top of wanting to finish but being too tired to think straight and accidentally walking toward Synthesis.

But oh well, I had fun with the MP and that ending still sorta worked for my dude shep.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Synthesis
    Is literally the ending of Transformers: Beast Machines, when you think about it

Mass Effect/Transformers crossover for next game confirmed. Shepard teams up with Optimus Primal to stop Megatron from reconstructing Harbinger.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just another reason Synthesis is best ending.

Also, I'd play the hell outta that game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    The Reapers were harvesting almost 2 million people per day. I have no idea how long ME3 lasts, but if aliens can eat corn, there should be some spare ears to go around without all those humans clogging up Earth. Blue and Green endings have plenty of robot farmers. I'm not saying it'd be fun, or even mass starvation free, but I think they could avoid extinction.

Some of the ME species have different protien chirality from Earth life. Eating any biological material from Earth is either indigestible or toxic.

Yeah, I have a feeling they had some food production on the citadel, but at the end of the day they start running out and begin murdering each other for food.

I actually like the ending a lot with that in mind because you might be able to pull out a 'win' but the galaxy is still super fucked. Maybe spend more time reverse-engineering mass relays next time, jerks.

On the bright side, some of them are totally indigestible or toxic to others. So they will need other non-food reasons to kill one another, like starship fuel.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ha ha, oh man, I forgot how overwhelming Cora's Asari weeaboo is. I FOUGHT AS A HUNTRESS REMEMBER SARISSA'S MANUALS MAIDEN-SAN! SUGOI YO, MATRIARCH-SAN!

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I am so glad she takes a step back later.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I got to Havarl and took a break to play some MP. I don't have too much time to play ME:A each night so after almost a week of just blabbing with people I needed a break. At least it's been pretty good blabbing, but hopefully there's more action later.

Krogan Vanguard is pretty fun charging around and headbutting people, but Nova felt kind of useless until I can get more points in it. Apparently I had 600 Andromeda points for some reason so I got a couple reserves packs and now I have the Salarian Architect and the Angara Exemplar to check out.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Ha ha, oh man, I forgot how overwhelming Cora's Asari weeaboo is. I FOUGHT AS A HUNTRESS REMEMBER SARISSA'S MANUALS MAIDEN-SAN! SUGOI YO, MATRIARCH-SAN!
    At first I thought they were playing it kind of straight, and it felt a little awkward and uncomfortable.

Then it became very crystal clear what they were doing, and it was awesome.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    At first I thought they were playing it kind of straight, and it felt a little awkward and uncomfortable.

Cora is such a weeablu, it's great

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

Aren't we all?

Actually, that's Andromeda's biggest transgression. They give me Natalie Dormer as a crew member, AND she's Asari. However, she is not a romance option. How can that awful idea make it from conception all the way to the final product? How?!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    How can that awful idea make it from conception all the way to the final product? How?!

A question that I frequently asked myself during my playthrough of ANDROMEDA, about many subjects.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Aren't we all?

Actually, that's Andromeda's biggest transgression. They give me Natalie Dormer as a crew member, AND she's Asari. However, she is not a romance option. How can that awful idea make it from conception all the way to the final product? How?!

I actually liked this decision. In literally any other game the attractive Asari voiced by the attractive woman would be player bait as a romance, or like a one night stand situation.

But here it's like nah, I'm not into you. Not into humans. Come back when you're banged up and need some medicine, though.

Not everybody needs to fall in love with the protagonist.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    the biggest mystery regarding the asari in andromeda - possibly the biggest mystery in the game - is why they all (except peebs) have the same face. there must be some weird spaghetti code at the back end preventing randomised asari face generation, id love to find out some day how it ended up like that cause its just weird as balls

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Now you guys are just reminding me that Chakwas wasn't romanceable.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Eh, you could get really drunk with her.

And that scene was better written than any potential romance with her probably would have been.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Aren't we all?

I actually liked this decision. In literally any other game the attractive Asari voiced by the attractive woman would be player bait as a romance, or like a one night stand situation.

But here it's like nah, I'm not into you. Not into humans. Come back when you're banged up and need some medicine, though.

Not everybody needs to fall in love with the protagonist.

Chiming in a little bit - To an extent I agree with you, up until the point where you're sacrificing more interesting personalities and character traits for the sake of some narrative. I for one liked Asaridoc, I didn't really like PeeBee - especially not romantically.

I genuinely don't actually think this is what happened though, somehow suddenly deciding that an 11th romance option is a bridge too far. The more likely reason was either simply development time restrictions given how much of a mess the game's dev timeline was - or Dormer had a "player can't sex Natalie Dormer" clause in her contract as a condition of work. (given some of the class act Reddit/YouTube comments I've seen leading up to release, I can see why this'd happen)

• Options

Another travesty!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    And the Normandy wasn't roma... wait a minute.

Where's Joker?

DAMNIT JEFF NOT AGAIN!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »
    the biggest mystery regarding the asari in andromeda - possibly the biggest mystery in the game - is why they all (except peebs) have the same face. there must be some weird spaghetti code at the back end preventing randomised asari face generation, id love to find out some day how it ended up like that cause its just weird as balls
    Presumably it's as simple as a time thing. Andromeda was rushed as a result of most of the development time being spent on what was ultimately a dead-end.

I didn't even notice it, though. Probably because I've played a ton of AA games and basically just expect it. Or maybe I'm just racist.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Presumably it's as simple as a time thing. Andromeda was rushed as a result of most of the development time being spent on what was ultimately a dead-end.

I didn't even notice it, though. Probably because I've played a ton of AA games and basically just expect it. Or maybe I'm just racist.

It was one of those things I didn't notice until a good ways in, and once I did notice it, I could never stop noticing it. Very immersion breaking to have basically 2 asari in Andromeda (Peebee and everyone else).

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Massena wrote: »

It was one of those things I didn't notice until a good ways in, and once I did notice it, I could never stop noticing it. Very immersion breaking to have basically 2 asari in Andromeda (Peebee and everyone else).

That's actually true. It's just the two Asari. If you see three in one place, it's Peebee and then your medic is just moving back and forth really fast.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

That's actually true. It's just the two Asari. If you see three in one place, it's Peebee and then your medic is just moving back and forth really fast.

Goddammit, Barry!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

The Olsen "twins" strike again

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I started playing Andromeda again. I've already decided to romance Jaal again because he's my favorite in that game. The game is still 100% my jam and I still don't understand the hate it got. Like there are technical flaws, sure, but underneath them is a game that I find very, very good.

This is how I feel about the original ME3 ending in particular, and ME3 in general.
    fite me

...I guess I should retry the Andromeda avoiding most of the sidequests so I don't burn myself out.

I posted this a while ago, but you have made it newly relevant! Back in the day, there was a reddit posted that proposed a pretty good optimum path for both avoiding side quests while maximizing the story's continuity:
    Reddit wrote:
    1. Rush the main quest-line until you have the Salarian ark.
    2. Skip out on doing most side-quests and tasks, other than on the Nexus. The Nexus quests should be cleared out everytime you return since some can fail.
    3. Do the turian and asari ark questlines.
    4. Continue main story until point of no return.
    5. Go back to planets and complete quests that have an effect on the ending. Optionally do loyalty quests.
    6. Complete the main mission.

You now have the epilogue to go 100% every single planet, explore, etc. All banter lines are unlocked, and there is no weird discontinuity with any of the side quests. It actually makes more sense.

There's also a fair number of ME:A mods on nexusmods.com, including some nice QoL stuff like shutting up SAM and increasing inventory space.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Eh, you could get really drunk with her.

And that scene was better written than any potential romance with her probably would have been.

It was about as romantic as the garrus romance.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Whelp.

He has himself listed as "Lead System Programmer at BioWare working on Anthem" on twitter, but it's not like he can be "verified" unless he's famous, so could be a lie I guess. :/

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Man, stuff's selling out quick.

So this is either a realization that Mass Effect and Dragon Age have (at least for now) cooled off enough to stop selling merch, or yet another sign Bioware's gambling everything on Anthem.

Kind of unnerving either way.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Since I'm suuuuper cynical my immediate thoughts are:

a) Master EA doesn't appreciate its developers selling merchandise and wants to do it themselves or
    b) ME is dead for the foreseeable future, perhaps permanently, with DA4 being faaaar out on the horizon, so they want to get rid of all their non-Anthem stuff.

• Options
    It feels like the Bioware store has been on sale to one degree or another for the past half year. It could be any number of things, like clearing out stock, or EA not wanting to work through Treehouse/Thinkgeek, or something else entirely, but it has come up a few times before that they seem to be selling out of a variety of things.

I check it out every so often, and they don't see to be restocking, and some products are disappearing (my current 'performance hoodie' is showing some wear and tear, so I was pondering getting a replacement, but it's no longer on the store).

Not that there's much that can be done about it. $5 shirts and whatnot are fine (I can't say I've had good experiences with their socks), but I guess we'll see if/when they restock and what comes back.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    The discount rates are aggressive enough that it looks like a "We want this all gone" scenario and not just a seasonal sale.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I was worried about that, so the last few orders I've doubled up on the items that are "must-have" (e.g. the faux-leather jacket). Probably not worth it to do more than that since everything will age and fall apart regardless, but you do what you can.

Bioware store, I will miss your swag.

And what it all means for Bioware as a whole...I'm surprised that they're backing away from the Dragon Age stuff, since that ended on a reasonable note I thought. And from what I've read, SWTOR is no longer being mentioned in EA's financials, which means it's small enough to not matter at their scale (though presumably it's still pulling in enough that they're not dropping it until at least their Star Wars license expires or is renewed in...3 years?).

Orca on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I grabbed a (second) Andromeda hoodie, since I was one of the few people that did the Loot Crate thing way back when and that was included. N7 hoodie was pretty much sold out except for 5XL and 6XL sizes, I think.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    There's an official notice now

does suggest that it will return at some point though, who knows when.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Official statement:

"At the end of April, we’ll be parting ways with our current BioWare store partner. As we work to find new ways to get our products to you, the store will not be available.
    From now until the end of April, the store will be running a sale and products will be available at an all-time low. All sales will be final.
    We apologize for any inconvenience."

http://blog.bioware.com/2018/04/17/bioware-store-temporarily-closing/

So maybe only MOSTLY dead?

JOE_1967 on
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    This news fills me with anxiety.

• Options
    I'm relieved to see that it's (at least supposed to be) temporary. While I've generally been happy with the service I've received over the years, there have been some snags, and I'm more fond of the Bioware products than I am loyal to whichever particular store service they're working through.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Seems like they're just changing fulfillment centers. Getting rid of old stock. They'll likely do a grand opening sometime later to coincide with an Anthem trailer or release date announcement, something like that.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Switching partners is no big deal. The fact that they thought it was fine to close the store for an indeterminate length of time to do that tells me that it doesn't make them much money anymore. Which, yeah, that makes sense given the current state of their franchises. They'll probably get it back up before they announce Dragon Age.

This discussion has been closed.