Options

Point to Sign. That’s [Wrestle]mania!

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I think Smackdown's prospects are looking up, which is good because the last year has been pretty fucking horrible. I wish Balor ended up on Tuesdays(and Ambrose whenever he comes back), but I am otherwise pleased with this shakeup.
    I'm trying hard to believe that they won't post on wwe.com later that there was a last minute trade of AJ, Nakamura, Becky, Charlotte, Usos, and New Day to Raw in exchange for the uneaten half of Kurt Angle's ham sandwich.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »

I watched this on a loop a dozen times at least. It's perfection. A masterpiece.

They already topped themselves.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm watching Smackdown now and GIVE THE IICONICS THE BELT RIGHT THIS MOMENT.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    now all i can imagine is toru yano running out and interrupting matches week after week to punch, i dunno, kenny omega in the dick

over and over again

CHAOS is the best faction in wrestling

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I can never read this thread title without seeing "That's a Wrestlemania" instead of what it actually says and I don't know why I find the thought of "A" wrestlemania so funny, but it is.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I can only imagine they still have plans for Cross down in NXT.

Although I honestly thought she was going to come out and randomly join the Bludgeon Brothers when Naomi came down to save the Usos from an even more severe whoopin'.

Like...maybe Harper and Rowan won't hit her, but Cross would. And I would totally be down for her nutty self to join up with them. She wouldn't even have to really change her character.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Maybe they're holding her off to be a surprise during a Sanity match, charging the ring and attacking their opponents?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Maybe they're holding her off to be a surprise during a Sanity match, charging the ring and attacking their opponents?

I hope they debut her the way they did in NXT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3N4PFzFupY

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    ...beating up Tye Dillinger?

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I can never read this thread title without seeing "That's a Wrestlemania" instead of what it actually says and I don't know why I find the thought of "A" wrestlemania so funny, but it is.

When you point at the sign
    Like Hulk back in his prime
    That's a-mania...

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    And 205 Live with the match of the week, again.

Which one? I dozed off.

That's not a comment on the show's quality, by the way. I'd just had a long, tiring day and having to sit up to watch Smackdown at my computer took the last of my energy out of me.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    And 205 Live with the match of the week, again.

Which one? I dozed off.

That's not a comment on the show's quality, by the way. I'd just had a long, tiring day and having to sit up to watch Smackdown at my computer took the last of my energy out of me.

Luchas vs. Team Japan tornado match.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Bruno Sammartino passed away

:(

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Dude made it to 82 after working in an era with basically no safety standards his whole life, that's pretty impressive.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    now all i can imagine is toru yano running out and interrupting matches week after week to punch, i dunno, kenny omega in the dick

over and over again

CHAOS is the best faction in wrestling

Yano wages a one man dick punch war on Suzuki-Gun, only ends when he punches ZSJ in the dick and still ends up caught in a submission somehow.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    That's sad to hear.

I never saw him wrestle of course, but he's entirely the reason I grew up as a fan. Both of my grandfathers were from Abruzzo and raised their families just outside of New York, the man was a legend to them. My father's father would take his whole family on regular trips to the Garden just to see Bruno. He's the reason my father grew up as a wrestling fan, which was passed down to me, so yeah.

Thank you, Bruno.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    they should name a PPV after him

not just a match

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    That's an amazingly different roster exchange in favour of Smackdown. Dunno if that is because they want to help Smackdown or that they genuinely think Jinder, Roode and Ziggler are A-Players.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Maybe they're going back to the "Smackdown is the wrestling show, Raw is the sports entertainment show" thing from the first brand split.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Coach is back on WWE programming. Man I bet that feels like a shit sandwich everyday. Is Todd Grisham back?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Heel Roode for Raw is a big get

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that'll save Kona Reeves's career.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Hmm...

Smackdown Live:

Bludgeon Brothers(c)
    Usos
    New Day
    Bar
    Club
    SAnitY
    Colons

RAW

Woken Warriors(I guess they'll win the titles if The Bar are on Smackdown now?)
    Revival
    Fashion Police
    Ascension
    WORLD WIIIIIDE
    AoP
    Rhyno & Slater
    Ex-Miztourage

I mean, no offense but unless they really plan on finally pushing Revival/FaPo, the SDL Tag Division blows the RAW Tag Division out of the water. Four of their five best Tag Teams are on SDL. Unless they plan on reforming American Alpha?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    SAMOA JOE

SANITY

Also, Big Cass is here

What I'm hearing is I need to start watching Smackdown again.
    Add Asuka and Andrade Almas to that list so yes

I was already tempted when Mahal left, so yeah. SANITY, Samoa Joe, Asuka, Charlotte, New Day, Usos, Nakamura, Styles, Becky Lynch, and Daniel Bryan; that's real fucking good.

Rusev

Shit I knew I was forgetting someone.

How could you forget something like that on Rusev Day?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    random thought, I winder if Jeff is going to go back to using No More Words

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm upset that Shelton seems to have a new theme. His old one was great. Maybe just remix that instead?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Gail Kim on Stephanie McMahon
    Stephanie McMahon:

"WWE always thinks in a business mindset. For them, they are thinking, 'ok this woman's revolution is becoming hot, Ronda Rousey, this 'Me Too' movement'; so of course to be honest I'm going to say this, because I've said it on Twitter, Stephanie (McMahon) could have been fighting for us a long time ago. She was there every single time I worked there and she had zero interest in fighting for the women back then. So, for them, everything is business motivated. So, them having this women's revolution, and it's from the fans as well… the fans did demand it through social media and Vince heard it and made it happen. And I think finally the girls are getting treated the way they want to get treated."

I think we all kind of knew that.

And why she retired.
    Why she retired:

"My back was starting to deteriorate and basically what happened was I just couldn't walk after a couple of matches here and there. I never had an MRI and I never knew what was going on in my body for so long, and then it was coming to point where I was always wrestling and not being able to walk after. And I was like ' It's time, I need to know what is going on. It's a scary thought, but you have to know so you can help it'.So, I got an MRI done and I guess, I'm grateful it wasn't worst. My L4 and my L5, pretty much the discs, was just basically all gone and there was just a thin layer left to the point, it could be bone on bone soon. Basically, I made the decision that I didn't want to keep on going, where I had to have that major surgery because that minor surgery; he (the doctor) told me I can get back in the ring in 7 weeks and that 7 weeks turned into 7 months."

Source

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Pick Em Update

Season Final Scores should be out Wednesday. I'm not running one for the Greatest Royal Rumble, unless demand is high. You can vote for this, and receive an arbitrary number to root for RIGHT THE HELL HERE

30 responses, and a 60/40 split currently for a Pick 'Em, so far..

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    I'm surprised it's so low. I desperately need a doover after Mania.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sami Callihan threw a chair at Kevin Sullivan's head during a match. This is the Not Work Safe result http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/kevin-sullivan-gnarly-welt-photo/#.Wtj0djHw_IU

It being Sullivan, he's legit insane enough it obviously can't be ruled out that he told Sami to do it as hard as he could. Still, this is the nth major injury in a Sami match now

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    love too log on to twitter and stumble into did alexa bliss get breast implants discourse

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    God, why do people give a shit

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sami Callihan threw a chair at Kevin Sullivan's head during a match. This is the Not Work Safe result http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/kevin-sullivan-gnarly-welt-photo/#.Wtj0djHw_IU

It being Sullivan, he's legit insane enough it obviously can't be ruled out that he told Sami to do it as hard as he could. Still, this is the nth major injury in a Sami match now

Was it Callahan or Jeremiah Crane?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

FINALLY! It’s about time we had someone in this feud who knew how to stay on message.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    “Tommy Entertainment” is shockingly clever

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Are they really going to pair up DB with a 7' tall, walking yawn? Cass' "big boot" is, I guess, his way of telling creative he has nothing for them.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I like Cass *shrug*

I think Bryan can get a good match out of him and it makes sense to not immediately blow their wad on all the best potential Bryan opponents immediately.

This discussion has been closed.