As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Alright, it took be swallowing my pride and buying some power cores, but we've officially hit 60% in the East Coast SE++ raid.

cut to me, elsewhere, just sending level 30 merc soldier and ravager boomer to their ignominious ends and shrugging

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man this Thanos raid is clearing me out on one late level spot. I’m able to take it out but only by using my a, b, and c teams.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    The levels for these Thanos raids are bullshit. I just ran into a 130k power boss in the middle of the 35+ raid. I barely scratched it (less than 2%) despite being over level 40.

I wonder how many stars they expect level 40 characters to have what gear tier they expect us to be at for these level 40 challenges I am getting wrecked in.

The tooltip says tier 6+ gear and level 4+ abilities. Though even that doesn't account for how strong some of these are. That's basically just enough to fight some of these nodes, but you'd need multiple teams of that to get you through the later nodes.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Man, I read the datamined Doctor Strange abilities and I think he’s going to be a permanent slot on people’s teams unless he gets changed.

He’s a support with a party heal and a decent resurrect. He can flip enemy buffs into debuffs. His passive boosts the speed bar of whoever’s is the lowest at the moment, and his basic attack is unavoidable.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    bullseye is a much better glass cannon than spidey

Spidey is a support-y character who happens to do a lot of damage with chains and stuns

Bullseye is a shittier Elektra

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    West Coast SE++ still has 45 minutes on an Ultimus raid and 2 spots open. If you haven't yet jump in and attack a node hopefully you get something useful from it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Everyone should be joining 24 man raids even if you don't think you can really contribute because you're not taking up somebody else's spot

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    On the subject of raids, Ultimus raids have a different energy bar than Thanos raids, so don't forget to keep a 24 man Ultimus raid up as well.

PS this is a hint to captains in West Coast, we're sitting on 32k Ultimus tickets.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I was scrolling through the SE++ alliance and appreciate that most of us have unique character icons then I get to the six Spider-Mans and I now like to think of the tour of the SE++ Helicarrier for new members.

Vet Member leading tour: Here are the bathrooms.
    New guy: what’s that boarded up room over there?
    Vet: Oh that’s where we keep the spare Spider-Men. Try to stay clear. It is sticky.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I’ve realized I’m past the point where this game is more frustrating than fun (I probably should’ve stopped about 10 levels ago), so a spot in the West Coast alliance has opened up.

• Options
    This is definitely a game where you can feel the fact that it's just starting out really clearly

Personally, I've really only been playing it for a short amount of time each day, basically clearing out my daily checklist and poking at the raids a bit to clear out my energy maybe once or twice a day

Taking it pretty casually, auto farming shards of characters I want to use long term, and basically just hoping they improve upon it

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am liking the baby steps method myself, too

i am slowly adding to my collection and seeinf tiny bumps in power/viability

i gotta clear out more campaign tho

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'm just slowly leveling what I have so I can smash out the campaign easy.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am greedy and want all the characters

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Wanting to collect characters has done bad things to me, re:mobile games

I regret nothing

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I have gotten really into collecting mooks / goons and putting them in blitz battles

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I’m liking Nebula a lot. She doesnt do loads of damage but speed up on basic, counter and evade, plus chance to assist means she’s doing a lot

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    I spend a bit of time playing this, and a bit playing the Star Wars version and a bit playing the DC version. And I am wondering if a game I saw the other day was a Transformers version of this.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I have the most fun with games like this coming up with novel or thematic team comps, even when they suck (especially when they suck) and the game has been pretty good at allowing that

I'm at the point now where I can't insta-level everyone I'd like to just based on gold shortages, but i can do enough to still enjoy characters and try em out. blitz is probably my favorite game mode for that reason, you don't get punished there for not pouring all your resources into an A-team

speaking of, the latest hotness I've been having a good time with is pairing Quake and Hand Sentry, then throwing in three speedier brawler/blasters

quake's slow on its own is fuckin potent, as is known, but it pairs kinda imperfectly with most protectors because it leads to their taunts having shorter lifespans, in a sense. Like I love Drax for how slow he is with the turn 0 and turn 1 taunts, but Quake somewhat diminishes the strength of how slow he is

hand sentry, though, is a kinda faster protector who doesn't taunt, and instead (if anyone didn't know) grants everyone else on the team stealth and then parcels out an increasing number of evades. so those evades last until they're triggered, and with the ability on a three-energy cooldown, you can get to the point when you're slowing suckers down where you're popping it on teams that still have an original evade or two. and when those teams are like daredevil, bullseye, and wolverine? baby it is a stew. Elektra would probably also be better for the minor hand synergy but i got kinda sick of her for the moment

anyway it's fun. it's not like you can make quake bad but it's a fun little synergy

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Just unlocked Hulk, had enough cash/gear to get him to lvl 30/tier 4. I need more X-Men in this game, that is what I grew up on.

• Options
    Got Gamora to 4 star. Seeing her power score jump up 500 points was a really nice.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I have enough shards to unlock hulk but I really can't get away with giving up 100k right now

• Options
    I have enough shards to unlock hulk but I really can't get away with giving up 100k right now

Not saying spending the 100k was a good decision, but if I was super concerned about efficiency I wouldn't be sitting in the Atlantic Social Entropy++ alliance with only 5 total people. If any lurkers here still need an alliance, feel free to join us.

• Options
    My problem with these games is that they are built for min-maxers and I'm not that. I prefer variety, so I fall into the trap of getting as many characters as I can and none of them being particularly powerful.

Except Cap. He gets all the upgrade priority and the rest get what's left.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, I'm in that boat too. I want all the characters I think are cool (which, well, no Gwenpool or Venom yet). I'm sure I'll bail on this game in a week or two, but it is fun while I'm in it. Except I suck at Arena. And am stuck in the campaign.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think my problem is I played Defender too much back in the CoX days.
    So my defendery type people get all the goods. My top two characters (according to the numbers) are SHIELD Medic and Hand Sorceress.

Which, I'm guessing, is a less than ideal way to play the game. But I've almost got enough shards to recruit Night Nurse, so at least I'll have a named defender Support person up there.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just want to have all of my superhero best friends hanging out, meta be damned

• Options
    I don’t play many mobile games at all so I’m in this for the long haul, I imagine. Heck I played a much worse TMNT game in this vein for over a year.

• Options
    i really want to level hulk up for team big body but it's spensive!!!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    As long as you aren't shooting for top 10-100, there's usually a variety of comps that work well. I remember the metal in goh was split by rebels/sith/imp troopers/scoundrels - all of which played differently.

FYI- Atlantic is pretty much dead, as when I switched to west coast we only had 5 members

• Options
    I've reached the part of the game where I want to play it more than it will let me.

and I really hate that part of mobile gaming.

• Options
    I've reached the part of the game where I want to play it more than it will let me.

Yeah whoever manages to combine monetizing without actively disincentivizing people from playing a game through this damn energy mechanic will revolutionize the mobile industry

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Yeah whoever manages to combine monetizing without actively disincentivizing people from playing a game through this damn energy mechanic will revolutionize the mobile industry

Yea, this. I love these types of games and there has to be some way to allow players to play as much as they want but also curb them getting so far ahead of the curve.

So, are there any open alliances that are a little active? I'm in one with a friend and some people but have yet to do a raid. I figure I am missing out on stuff like Thanos shards and stuff.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »

Yea, this. I love these types of games and there has to be some way to allow players to play as much as they want but also curb them getting so far ahead of the curve.

So, are there any open alliances that are a little active? I'm in one with a friend and some people but have yet to do a raid. I figure I am missing out on stuff like Thanos shards and stuff.

Atlantic Social Entropy++ I don't know that I would call us active with only 5 members at the moment, but you are all welcome to join. I inherited the alliance, and have no real interest in running it long term, but as long as people don't mind casual I'll stick with it. We are running the raids we can with 5 or fewer active players, an influx of new members would help expand on that.

• Options
    Got 50 Winter Soldier tokens out of an orb. Anyone know if he is worth building up?

• Options
    reddit says he's bad. what does your heart say?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    reddit says he's bad. what does your heart say?

I haven't seen that? I think he's good, but not the upper-echelon like Quake/Gamora/Yondu/Widow

Most importantly, he's a blaster. I'm 44/45 on him and the moment I get him I'm gonna level his ass up for the gear challenge. The only blasters better than WS are probably Ironman, Rocket, and Thor. Thor's the only one available right now and it's a lot of raid tickets to get him.

• Options
    I think he's a half-decent tankbuster? puts out some piercing damage and has that heal-blockin arm

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    My heart says I need more gold before I can really worry about it anyway.

• Options
    A gold blitz would be a welcome addition or even a gold event. The gold challenge is nice but not nearly lucrative enough.