As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Brooklyn Nine-Nine] - The next time you see me I'm going to be all out of orgasms.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I need to catch up on The Good Place.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I need to catch up on The Good Place.

YES.

Season 2 so far has been better than season 1. Like, significantly better IMO.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So this season has been happening while we haven't been talking about it. It's good still! Also going to be the last, as Fox killed it today.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So this season has been happening while we haven't been talking about it. It's good still! Also going to be the last, as Fox killed it today.

What the fuck, Fox!

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Boo. I thought the show had a season or two left of life in it.

Still, 112 episodes is a good run, and it's good to go out before it starts sucking.

• Options

What the fuck, Fox!

I guess it was under 2 million viewers, which even in these fractured times is... not good.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Is there any chance of Netflix (or another streaming service) grabbing it?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Netflix might, it has a pretty loyal following even if primetime consumers don't like it.

It's on hulu right now, though, I can't imagine fox is going to play nice with netflix, or cheap.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Fox cancelling a popular show for no good reason?

If only there were several prior precedents over the years which could have prepared us.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The reason is low ratings due to the stupid long hiatus because of the fucking olympics.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    The reason is low ratings due to the stupid long hiatus because of the fucking olympics.

Stupid Long Hiatus, name of King Riptor's sextape.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    There’s some chatter out there that Hulu (which has streaming rights) and/or TBS (which has syndication rights) are considering a possible pickup.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/brooklyn-nine-nine-new-home-hulu-tbs-fox-cancellation-pickup-fan-reaction-1202388006/

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Stupid Long Hiatus, name of King Riptor's sextape.

To real.
    Edit
    I can see TBS picking it up. They seem to want an original programming block to supplement their syndication stuff

King Riptor on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Unfortunately ratings were terrible long before the Olympics.

But there's been enough of an outcry on the intertubes it's possible someone else will pick it up.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I’m pretty sure Nielsen ratings dont factor in DVR or Hulu?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

They do.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The real question is did they do the thing fox always does and start moving around time slots constantly so no one could figure out when the show was on?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

They do.

They only look back a max of 7 days though, so if you’re someone who waits awhile then binges, you do t get counted.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    bowen wrote: »
    The real question is did they do the thing fox always does and start moving around time slots constantly so no one could figure out when the show was on?

S1:
    Tuesday 8:30 pm (1–14)
    Sunday 11:00 pm (15)
    Tuesday 9:30 pm (16–22)

S2:
    Sunday 8:30 pm

S3:
    Sunday 8:30 pm (1–10)
    Tuesday 9:00 pm (11–23)

S4:
    Tuesday 8:00 pm (1–10, 13–22)
    Sunday 8:30 pm (11–12)

S5:
    Tuesday 9:30 pm (1–11)
    Sunday 8:30 pm (12–)

Which is to say yes. Ignoring the super bowl sunday episode that is 5 different air date/times and 7(!!!) changes over 5 seasons.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Incredulous Network TV Watchers: Hey, I heard you guys have a well written and acted half hour that has a diverse cast full of incredibly positive portrayals (including, *gasp,* cops), and on top of all that it's stupidly fucking funny!

Fox: "What? Where? *smash smash stomp*

*sigh*

Celebrity Child Canadian Masterchef coming up!

• Options
    Incredulous Network TV Watchers: Hey, I heard you guys have a well written and acted half hour that has a diverse cast full of incredibly positive portrayals (including, *gasp,* cops), and on top of all that it's stupidly fucking funny!

*sigh*

Sadly, people with good taste are not the majority.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

*sigh*

I'm just glad it took them over 100 episodes to notice!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

*sigh*

I'm just glad it took them over 100 episodes to notice!

Hey, they accidentally ended up with quite a lot of good TV a few years back. Takes a while to smash that many dreams.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited May 2018

*sigh*

Fox: “Let’s bring back the “Tim Allen is a grumpy manly conservative complaining about those liberals” show to take its place!”

...Not a joke, this literally just happened about an hour ago.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular

*sigh*

Fox: “Let’s bring back the “Tim Allen is a grumpy manly conservative complaining about those liberals” show to take its place!”

...Not a joke, this literally just happened about an hour ago.

I mean I get it. People will watch Last Man Standing "live" while the B99 audience (including me) are more of the online type and may not be reliable (ad) viewers.
    This is, of course, why B99 and similar audience shows should be on Netflix/Hulu/etc.

• Options
    I know there’s actual smart business reasons for it. It’s just...sigh...

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Yeah, if companies want me to be brainwashed, they can come do it the old fashioned way.

film-in-gif-arancia-meccanica.jpg?w=780

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm ready for the dinosaur of live TV watching habits deciding a show's continuation or cancellation to just fucking die already. Brooklyn 99 has viewers (look at the outcry this has resulted in), but lots of them (myself included) choose to watch at their own leisure on Hulu instead of chaining themselves to the TV whenever Fox decides they should! And it doesn't help that they jerk the schedule around, too.

I don't know what they're going to replace B99 with but I think there's a high chance it won't be as good, and possibly won't even draw as large of an audience. When you take watching online into account, I'm reasonably certain it won't.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    B99's cancellation and the response made the BBC news over here. Front page of their website.
    It's not even on one of their channels...

[edit] Just went to check and it's now in the headlines on the main BBC page - rather than being on the front page in the entertainment section, as an article about "top TV shows that were cancelled before their time".

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Lin Manuel Miranda and Mark Hamill have tweeted at its cancellation. I'd love it to hit Netflix since their user base is significantly larger than hulu.

• Options
  • Options
    It probably all comes down to ads. B99 viewers watch them less than Tim allen’s show, so one gets cut and one doesn’t.

But now I’m looking forward to Thursday nights with B99 and The Good Place back to back, and that’s okay.

• Options
    Wow, weird. Wasn’t expecting it to be going back to a network.

• Options
    Wow, weird. Wasn’t expecting it to be going back to a network.

NBC values hulu a bit more than fox who wont have a stake in it very soon.

• Options
    Hmm, 13 episode season...

Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place pairing? That would be a good hour of comedy...

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    And FOX just added Lucifer to the axed list.

Dammit, FOX...

• Options
    And FOX just added Lucifer to the axed list.

Dammit, FOX...

Man and Lucifer is a big GOP donor too

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Glad this show isn't dead.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA