Options

[E3 2018] - Leak Watcher

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the modern pc port of FF VII is perfectly fine and that's the version that would get ported to Switch if they were going to do that

I wish they'd fix controller support for Steam, though.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Show me a decent jumping animation and I'll be impressed. But I personally think VI is coming out late 2019. They'll want to really blow people away and an even longer span between games is likely.

Bethesda is apparently working on a new IP (Starfield) first, so I'd be pretty shocked if the next Elder Scrolls comes out in the next couple years.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Didn't Howard say a year or two ago that development wouldn't on the next elder scrolls wouldn't even begin until 2019?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Didn't Howard say a year or two ago that development wouldn't on the next elder scrolls wouldn't even begin until 2019?

no

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    didn't todd howard say "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    didn't todd howard say "I am become skyrim, the destroyer of skyrim"?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    didn't todd howard say "Dragon's Dogma 2 is never coming out"?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    didn't todd howard say that there'll be days like this

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I definitely remember hearing that their next project was a new IP, not FO or TES. Dunno that anything was said about when those two series would be in development though.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't Todd Howard once tell me the world was gonna roll me?

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Look Todd, I just wanna know what the next game is from your studios, and while youre at it I wanna know what love is, and I want you to show me

Prohass on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Didn't Todd tell you life was gonna be this way?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    What if Todd was one of us

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kneel before todd!!!

Right guys??

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Kneel before todd!!!

Right guys??

chincy...what are you talking about...you sound crazy....who is todd...

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I wonder if we're going to hear about Dragon Age 4 this year. Inquisition came out four years ago, I have to think they're getting close to announcing something

DA4 was recently rebooted.

So I doubt see them even mention it till after Anthem is out.

What does this mean? Just that they went back to the drawing board on DA4 or that the game itself will reboot the series
    Because the former is a big setback but perhaps necessary, but the latter would be... stupid

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I wonder if we're going to hear about Dragon Age 4 this year. Inquisition came out four years ago, I have to think they're getting close to announcing something

DA4 was recently rebooted.

So I doubt see them even mention it till after Anthem is out.

What does this mean? Just that they went back to the drawing board on DA4 or that the game itself will reboot the series
    Because the former is a big setback but perhaps necessary, but the latter would be... stupid

It means the former, I can't imagine they're planning on going backwards with the story. Mostly they apparently want to add "live" elements, but I think they said that they mean it in more of an Assassin's Creed Origins way than like, Destiny, where they could add story content post release, I think? There aren't a whole lotta details out there, really

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    So this is pretty big news, a bunch of ex Infinity Ward people who went on to help form Respawn have gone back to Infinity Ward and supposedly the person who leaked BLOPS4 says next year is Modern Warfare 4 from IW

Respawn still has Titanfall 3 and Stig Amussen's (God of War 3) Star Wars game in development.

EDIT: an update from a current Respawn employee over at Resetera
    To calm things a bit:

Geoff, Joel, and Grigsby (and Madison, and others) all transferred well before the EA sale, over the course of a year or so. There’s not some run-for-the-door exodus.

They’ll all do good work, and you can bet I’ll forever throw down cash for a Geoff Smith map. So expect good stuff from them .

But yeah; the majority of the team that built Titanfall 2 (hi), and plenty of new hires, are again working away on a Video Game for Your Enjoyment. Expect good stuff there, too. ;)

(As for Respawn-within-EA: speaking only for myself: the new overlord situation is going well from my PoV. Ask me again after some titles have shipped and we’ve lived through the full cycle, fair enough, but I expected to be 60% disgruntled by now, and am pleasantly... not. =p)

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    didn't todd howard say "Dragon's Dogma 2 is never coming out"?

we aren't allowed to be friends.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    What if Bethesda's new game is Dragon's Dogma 2?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well then Bethesda's new game would be Dragon's Dogma 2 then wouldn't it

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    Oblivion's cities are all more memorable than any of Skyrim's.

I like Skyrim but it's just such a step away from what I liked about Oblivion, which in turn is a massive step away from Morrowind.

If the trajectory continues I really don't think I'd be interested in playing a new tes game at all really.

What? Oblivion’s cities had no personality. They had the same boring aesthetic except except they ranged from “poor medieval city” to “rich medieval city”.

Skyrim used the topography to give their cities a unique feel. Like Morrowind - though I still feel that Moreowind did a better job here. Seyda Neen was pretty awesome for an introductory location. And Vivec. And so on.

I mean opinions are opinions but wow. The terribly lackluster aesthetic in Oblivion, particularly of the cities, has always been one of my primary gripes of that game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    all this TES talk is going to make me download TES: Online when I get back to my computer

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I wanna play Oblivion again someday

It was one of the first games I tried in HD and maybe it was bad, I dunno, I was all like “look at that grass!”

Same with Viva Piñata actually, high def grass just really did it for me

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The character models in Oblivion are wholly unendurable, especially the orcs, those poor pigfolk

• Options
    There's concept-art of a Godzilla in Dragon's Dogma.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I checked it out and apparently people have really positive things to say about TESO

also you can visit Sotha Sil's Clockwork City from Morrowind and actually meet the mangod himself, back when he was alive

so, yeah. getting this.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    PLA wrote: »
    There's concept-art of a Godzilla in Dragon's Dogma.

That might be a dragon.

My bug issue with DD is the DMC team wasnt allowed to go really nuts woth designs.

Throw in shit like Lava Spiders and liquid metal falcons and Masked rider angel bugs

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    remember scalebound

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I honestly do not

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    It was Yosuke Hanamura and His Dragon Buddy: The Video Game

I don't mean to sound mean towards it, but that asshat really did strike me as Yosuke since he never shut up trying to sound cool.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Dragon's Dogma did have some pretty cool Dragon designs. Sadly, a large chunk of them were locked behind Part 2 of the game after the first Credit's Roll and then the game going "hahahahahaaha psych, you really thought you beat the game did you?!" as it pulled a Dragon Quest 3.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    The character models in Oblivion are wholly unendurable, especially the orcs, those poor pigfolk

Fortunately, there's a mod that fixes the potato faces. It’s a vast improvement.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I wanted to like TES Online but it just wasn't scratching the same itch

• Options
    KoBerl.jpg

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    jaziek wrote: »
    Oblivion's cities are all more memorable than any of Skyrim's.

I like Skyrim but it's just such a step away from what I liked about Oblivion, which in turn is a massive step away from Morrowind.

If the trajectory continues I really don't think I'd be interested in playing a new tes game at all really.

What? Oblivion’s cities had no personality. They had the same boring aesthetic except except they ranged from “poor medieval city” to “rich medieval city”.

Skyrim used the topography to give their cities a unique feel. Like Morrowind - though I still feel that Moreowind did a better job here. Seyda Neen was pretty awesome for an introductory location. And Vivec. And so on.

I mean opinions are opinions but wow. The terribly lackluster aesthetic in Oblivion, particularly of the cities, has always been one of my primary gripes of that game.

Yeah, personal preference I guess. I agree Oblivion's general landscape has very little variety, but I feel like the cities themselves are fun.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Looks like a tarrasque.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    KoBerl.jpg

ok...what sort of megafauna experience am I looking at?

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I wanna play Oblivion again someday

It was one of the first games I tried in HD and maybe it was bad, I dunno, I was all like “look at that grass!”

Same with Viva Piñata actually, high def grass just really did it for me

I did not play it until around the time Skyrim came out

I would describe it as "extremely po-faced"

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dragon's Dogma did have some pretty cool Dragon designs. Sadly, a large chunk of them were locked behind Part 2 of the game after the first Credit's Roll and then the game going "hahahahahaaha psych, you really thought you beat the game did you?!" as it pulled a Dragon Quest 3.

I actually got tricked by that completely and stopped playing the game after I did the main dragon guy's big cinematic extended boss fightand saved... someone I didn't care about the game decided was the damsel character by default I guess, and saw the credits roll, because I assumed the giant hole was like, a teaser for a sequel and/or just storyless post-game extra dungeon and it didn't really signpost what you were supposed to do with it or that the story continued. After I found out there was more to it years later I just never felt the need to go back to it. Unlike DQ3 where you get to the apparent end and then you're clearly dumped into a new world map and it goes "MORE ADVENTURE THIS WAY -->, DEMON LORD STILL AHEAD"

That said getting to that point in DQ3 was its own kind of several-year long journey of playing on and off and forgetting where I was going the previous time I was playing it and just wandering around the world map lost until I accidentally stumbled onto a new dungeon or town or something.

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.