Options

the [podcast] thread

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    There was a fair bit of not great pop stuff that used slap bass in the 80's.

But I think it's just Scott not liking slap bass more than anything.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i admit i was tuned out a bit right when she started describing it, but i find myself unable to understand what the actual game of this assemblage thing that Danielle is describing is

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    i admit i was tuned out a bit right when she started describing it, but i find myself unable to understand what the actual game of this assemblage thing that Danielle is describing is

it's like the back half of pt, it is a first person puzzle game where you are manipulating things in the environment to unlock secrets and change the state of the world so that it can be manipulated further

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am very mad that PUTJ didn't go with the version of Pour Some Sugar On Me that opens with "LOVE IS LIKE A BOMB-B-BOMB-B-BOMB-B-BOMB"

but then the guitar kicked in and my shirt just flew off so I guess it's okay

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Anyone who doesn’t like slap bass can go to hell as far as i’m concerned:

https://youtu.be/y1UQ9obooYg

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

it's like the back half of pt, it is a first person puzzle game where you are manipulating things in the environment to unlock secrets and change the state of the world so that it can be manipulated further

ahh ok

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So previously, We Hate Movies had started having one episode a month be behind a patron Hate all, which is fine. It's got a "real episode" number, so if you don't have it youre missing out but whatever it's totally their prerogative to charge for content

Recently though they started putting clips of their patron stuff into their rss feed, like sometimes 3 clips in between episodes

So my feed is essentially updating with ads

I've unsubscribed, but i still really like them and will listen on their website, it's just kind of a weird call to me

Eh, those clips got me to plunk down a few more dollars per month, overall. So far, it’s kinda worth it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    god, I love the P&P wrestling game the Bluff City crew playing right now

their attachment to their FatT characters is one of long emotional connection, but this? this is just a bunch of rude wrestlers doing cool shit in the ring, and the nerds pretending to be them are completely into them

World Wide Wrestling is pretty rad, you can get the quickstart rules and a bunch of the stuff you need to play here: https://ndpdesign.com/wwwrpg/
    Also you can check out the campaign we were running last year here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/210465/tri-county-wrestling-the-road-to-fight-at-the-fair-2017/p1
    It petered out in January but I'd love to get back to it.

TCW is legitimately one of my favorite things I've ever been a part of, and I'm sad we never got to the King of the Road Hayride Match
    the last entrant would have been the Mummy King, again, prompting commentary to scream "IT TURNS OUT IT WAS A HAAAAUUUNTED HAYRIDE"

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    YaYa wrote: »
    I am very mad that PUTJ didn't go with the version of Pour Some Sugar On Me that opens with "LOVE IS LIKE A BOMB-B-BOMB-B-BOMB-B-BOMB"

but then the guitar kicked in and my shirt just flew off so I guess it's okay

Both intros are fuckin' great.

The whole song is great.

I absolutely love how they got the general gist of the music video totally spot on, without having ever seen it.

I really hoped they'd have pulled it up and watched it so I could hear their reaction to being right.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Oh god I’m getting the sinister urge to see this trainwreck first hand

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yay rewatchables is back

yay it's The Social Network

I apparently subscribed to a podcast that goes into zelda lore? I haven't actually listened to it yet but that must be what it is. I should probably look up the name if I want to ask you all about it...

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    yay rewatchables is back

yay it's The Social Network

I apparently subscribed to a podcast that goes into zelda lore? I haven't actually listened to it yet but that must be what it is. I should probably look up the name if I want to ask you all about it...

:o

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I can't listen to the book of mudora because I haven't found the pegasus boots, and the librarians keep stopping me from charging the bookshelves.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If you are curious about how shitty Detroit is, please consider finding an LP to experience it though. In addition to being a bad game, Quantic Dream itself has had allegations of abusive working conditions and especially does not deserve your hatedollars. Please do your part to help this game bomb financially

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping there'll be some good spoiler filled text/screenshot recaps up soon.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I wonder how much money Sony pours into Quantic Dream

I wonder what sort of stuff could be made if that money went elsewhere

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Can David Cage learn to be human?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Can David Cage learn to be human?

probably not

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I think it's within his capabilities, but he has shown no interest in trying

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I wonder how much money Sony pours into Quantic Dream

I wonder what sort of stuff could be made if that money went elsewhere

NieR 3.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am of the opinion, based on interviews, that David Cage thinks he is perfect.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    If you are curious about how shitty Detroit is, please consider finding an LP to experience it though. In addition to being a bad game, Quantic Dream itself has had allegations of abusive working conditions and especially does not deserve your hatedollars. Please do your part to help this game bomb financially

Yeah this is all fun

But I think at this point it's arguably a moral wrong to buy a David Cage game, imo

• Options
    Like, no ethical consumption under capitalism and whatnot, but there are a lot of fascinating messes of games out there that are made by seemingly decent people, and if you're going to give money to a dubious company, there are plenty of good games out there you could be playing instead.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    prih66dvcv85.png

Matt Rorie is good

captaink on
  • Options
    Also I don't want to let this pass by,
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I think the best thing in that article is the low-key burn of calling Quantic Dream an "adventure game" studio

I want every interviewer to refer to it as such to David Cage's face, forever

• Options
    Danika Harrod just retweeted this, in one of the meanest acts I've ever seen someone do to a friend

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Protect Normie Patrick

• Options
    Danika Harrod just retweeted this, in one of the meanest acts I've ever seen someone do to a friend

To be fair, that night does sound *ahem* epic

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    We were all dorks at 23

but Patrick, like, especially Patrick holy shit

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Truly the skalds shall tell of this through the ages.

• Options
    This is the link that shows your twitter timeline 10 years ago. Very few of my follows were tweeting then.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=filter:follows until:2008-05-25 -filter:replies&src=typd

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Two-course meal, wow! Pizza and breadsticks?!

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    This is the link that shows your twitter timeline 10 years ago. Very few of my follows were tweeting then.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=filter:follows until:2008-05-25 -filter:replies&src=typd

For me this is just a timeline of Ryan North's twitter account.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah I needed to fiddle with that year a bit in order to start getting more than one or two accounts.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

For me this is just a timeline of Ryan North's twitter account.

Mine is a bunch of Obama running for President and it made me sad.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.