As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Many [Love]s of Hocthuseles.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    7 inches damn it

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Could we not discuss this, please

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Roger.

Yesterday was my hedgehog's 3-month birthday, but the Kroger was closed, so tonight he's getting bacon. We got him blackberries as a treat before, but hoo-boy was he not at all interested in those.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So one thing I'm getting from all of the OKCupid profiles I'm seeing is

I need to finally get my passport so I can head up to Canada and meet some of these people

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »

Roger.

Yesterday was my hedgehog's 3-month birthday, but the Kroger was closed, so tonight he's getting bacon. We got him blackberries as a treat before, but hoo-boy was he not at all interested in those.

I'm not that into blackberries either. Love raspberries and mulberries, but I've never had good blackberries

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I need to finally get my passport so I can head up to Canada and meet some of these people

What I'm getting is that apparently I have the mindset of a poly

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I will eat all of the blackberries in your stead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Roger.

I'm not that into blackberries either. Love raspberries and mulberries, but I've never had good blackberries

I'm more of a blueberries and strawberries person, but blackberries were the cheapest at the time and I figured Magnus was just as likely to enjoy those as any other variety. Guess berries just aren't his thing, though.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

What I'm getting is that apparently I have the mindset of a poly

Took me a long time, and a lot of dates, to learn what I was looking for. It is only natural that you're only really starting to explore your own desires, boundaries etc. I few years back I'd have said I wanted something very different from what I now realise I wanted all along. Learning process.

• Options
    I definitely need to figure out some anxiety stuff and some unhealthy marriage fallout stuff

I don't want to share too much more, as I feel like I'm oversharing some things, what with my moronic idea from when I was 18? or so to try to get this name everywhere on the internet, but maybe things aren't as bad as they seemed earlier in the week

But anyway, I've realized I'm still figuring out what, exactly, I want and need from relationships

And I need to accept that and stop calling myself a fuck up

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Yeah

Go get your Canadian boy/girlfriend

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The first step is being able to love yourself

And then you can love someone else, and be in a relationship. Which can be in many forms, and this is good, for what works works after all!

• Options
    Please don't ship me, or do anything at all involving "racism is not against our rules, let's race 4chan to the trash pile" Reddit to me or my words, thank you

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What the hell are you talking about

• Options
    Something from the last page, apparently

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I can't tell you about canadian significant others because I think we're still not allowed to link to tv tropes

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Please don't ship me, or do anything at all involving "racism is not against our rules, let's race 4chan to the trash pile" Reddit to me or my words, thank you

Dude, I dunno if that's going on here

We're all friends here, I'm sure nobody intended to offend anyone

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I try to offend everyone.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I try to offend everyone.

You’re not doing a good job because I still like you!!!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I will eat all of the blackberries in your stead.

While I agree with this I will say that if people haven't had blackberries fresh off the vine then I can understand the dislike. I've never had store bought berries that could hold a candle to fresh ones and I think it's most apparent with blackberries.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Yesterday our plan was doing up a pork shoulder to shred for enchiladas. I made a dry rub, cut it in to three pound pieced, put it in the instapot with broth and an onion. Meat came out so tasty, just falling apart under it's own weight, she felt a little bad about using it for enchilada filling and tonight I'm putting the leftover back in the pot with BBQ sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.

• Options
    Sorry, I'm weird and anxious about everything today, I guess

Sleep deprived, over caffeinated and over worked

How the hell did I work 12 hour days before?

Need to chill out and get back to just being weird

• Options
    Yeah, perhaps "that's what she said" would have been a better descriptor than "r/nocontext". My bad, DD.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Facebook is great so long as you keep understanding that nearly everyone presents their best self on there and makes their lives appear more glam than they probably are

Because boy do I fall into the trap on a weekly basis of ‘omg everyone’s life is so much better than mine’ and in the past it has really got me down.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Facebook is great so long as you keep understanding that nearly everyone presents their best self on there and makes their lives appear more glam than they probably are

Because boy do I fall into the trap on a weekly basis of ‘omg everyone’s life is so much better than mine’ and in the past it has really got me down.

It always blows my mind when you see the folks who don't present themselves well on Facebook. Makes me wonder how they deal with face to face situations.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I mean, I mostly only post about stuff that goes wrong on Facebook. Because it's funnier.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    My memories section reminds me that I used to be bloggier on Facebook, but now it's pretty much only reposts of things I Instagram.

So... if you looked at my Facebook, I would probably seem like the world's fanciest alcoholic.

• Options
    oh, huh. Apparently my parent's town has a feral peacock problem.
    That finally explains why I kept finding peacocks in the backyard of their old place.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    That finally explains why I kept finding peacocks in the backyard of their old place.

This is a lot to take in for such a short post

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular

That is perhaps the most bourgeoisie feral animal problem

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    We used to have a peacock problem in our northern suburbs a while back

Most of them were surprisingly docile, but there was so much poop everywhere

More recently they've been run out of the areas by possibly the most idiotic birds in existence, the masked plovers

• Options

Yeah, especially because I think if I "kept finding peacocks in the backyard", it would not then be a revelation for me to later find out the town "has a feral peacock problem". Like, that would be my first assumption the second time I ran into a wild peacock in my backyard!

Run into a dog, yeah, whatever, lots of people have dogs and don't keep them contained properly. But peacocks? "Feral" seems more likely than "loose".

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I need to visit Australia

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    is hard to sleep on a yoga mat

it's way too hot in my room to sleep in there though.

• Options
    edited May 2018

Yeah, especially because I think if I "kept finding peacocks in the backyard", it would not then be a revelation for me to later find out the town "has a feral peacock problem". Like, that would be my first assumption the second time I ran into a wild peacock in my backyard!

Run into a dog, yeah, whatever, lots of people have dogs and don't keep them contained properly. But peacocks? "Feral" seems more likely than "loose".

... Does it really?
    I figured it was the same peacock and was a pet that kept getting out. I was certainly not aware we had enough peacocks to constitute a pest situation. Did someone introduce them to combat the cane beetle or something?

tynic on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah I would absolutely assume someone had peacocks and they kept escaping because they're wily assholes

The whole concept of "feral peacocks" is one I would have never considered on my own

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

As someone who's dealt with ostensibly tame peacocks, let me tell you: they're about one step above feral, in terms of behavior.

Barely.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    peacocks are incredibly dumb

they are one of the most idiotic creatures to ever exist

but australia has a storied history warring with bird species

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOPZQHTNUs0

• Options
    Australia really has a long ass history with animals

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    For some reason as a kid I always associated peacocks with zoos, and nothing else. Like, there was this super amazing, exotic animal that only lived in zoos.

It was really weird when I learned that they are native to some places, mainly because of course they are and how could I have never considered that before

sometimes I just don't go down thought-paths that seem obvious to go down I guess

This discussion has been closed.