Options

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I do kind of like the idea of running a caravan for trade and safety.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I may be at the end of my patience with Fallout 3. Starting to run into Deathclaws and they aren't exactly fun to fight.

Dart gun. Try the dart gun
    I looked into this and I get it now. Very clever.

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I may be at the end of my patience with Fallout 3. Starting to run into Deathclaws and they aren't exactly fun to fight.

Dart gun. Try the dart gun
    I looked into this and I get it now. Very clever.

Sadly they nerfed the darts in New Vegas, they weren't nearly as deadly then.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    So some people made a total conversion mod of Fallout 2 called Fallout 1.5 Ressurection that serves as a prequel set between the first and second game.

I had heard of it a long time ago and had assumed it was just one of those mod projects that was never finished but they did it and even put out what seems to be a good english translation for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL716Z1J7cw

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30118
    This mod decreases the height of all minutemen NPCs into Minute Men NPCs

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    This is both lore-friendly and immersive. :+1:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    You can do a low INT playthrough in Fallout 1.5: Ressurection.

I might have to play it for that alone now.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Fallout 76 isn't my speed but I will eagerly follow its development.

At this point, I'm not worried about Bethesda abandoning its Bethesda game roots so much, ie, no mods and no SP.

I mean it'll probably be around 8-10 years before F5 because they have Starfield, which sounds intriguing, and ES6, which is supposedly "Todd Howard's magnum opus". Sounds fine with me.

All I can say is thank God for leaks. If kotaku hadn't leaked that it was a multiplayer game I would have watched that trailer, which had no inkling of being a multiplayer game, and gotten WAAAAYYYY too excited. It tempered my expectations appropriately.

But can we get the new weapons like that MG42/MG3, and R93 in fallout 4 because holy crap is F4 limited in its arsenal?

• Options
    Oh, apparently the guy working on making the Nuka-raiders get along has removed his mod. Was thinking about trying it out, at some point, so that's a shame.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Oh, apparently the guy working on making the Nuka-raiders get along has removed his mod. Was thinking about trying it out, at some point, so that's a shame.
    What mod is this, now?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30118
    This mod decreases the height of all minutemen NPCs into Minute Men NPCs

"I'm full of tinier men!"

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Great, now I want a mod that adds a gun that fires tiny men with knives at the enemy.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Paralyzing Palm is secretly an instant death-effect that works on deathclaws and super mutant behemoths in Fallout 3.

Mvrck wrote: »
    Strikor wrote: »
    Two of the great things NV did were ammo types and the damage threshold system. Deathclaws were still tough but didn't have 7 billion HP like in 3. Unless you tried engaging them with buckshot.

I remember running out of ammo constantly in Point Lookout because this one enemy type had so much HP that even chaining headshots wasn't enough.

Threshold was great, ammo types were not. I much prefer the weapon specific effects like in 4 to tying it to ammo.

NV had both, and weapon-specific ammo-types, and many weapons in Fallout 4 can switch effects but only at benches. Compare NV shotgun and paddle ball.

What mod is this, now?

All Nuka World Gangs Alive.

• Options
    I guess I meant more of "What was that mod doing for the game?"

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Fun fact:

*Fallout 4 spoilers*
    Turns out if you blow Kent's head off yourself at the end of the Silver Shroud quest when he's being held hostage the minute you get off the elevator, you get some fun dialog and a pretty easy speech check that causes everybody but Sinjin to back off. I figured doing that at the start would be an automatic aggro from everyone but Bethesda thought of that.

Never thought of trying that before but having a lot of fun with my current run that was motivated by the reveal of Fallout 4 and a desire to do a survival mode playthrough.

Also decided to just say "fuck it" and toss the minigun off to the side and punched everything to death during the Concord Power Armor/Deathclaw/Raider showdown. One of my proudest moments.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Fun fact:

*Fallout 4 spoilers*
    Turns out if you blow Kent's head off yourself at the end of the Silver Shroud quest when he's being held hostage the minute you get off the elevator, you get some fun dialog and a pretty easy speech check that causes everybody but Sinjin to back off. I figured doing that at the start would be an automatic aggro from everyone but Bethesda thought of that.

Never thought of trying that before but having a lot of fun with my current run that was motivated by the reveal of Fallout 4 and a desire to do a survival mode playthrough.

Also decided to just say "fuck it" and toss the minigun off to the side and punched everything to death during the Concord Power Armor/Deathclaw/Raider showdown. One of my proudest moments.

You'd have to be some sort of Dirty Communist Hippie to not
    save Kent and kill everyone else in the room

• Options
    I guess I meant more of "What was that mod doing for the game?"

It stops them from committing suicide by player.

mqdefault.jpg

Do healing Medic-weapons damage limbs?

Yusei0 is still working hard to put skimpy outfits on male characters.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Fun fact:

*Fallout 4 spoilers*

You'd have to be some sort of Dirty Communist Hippie to not
    save Kent and kill everyone else in the room
    Don't worry, Kent is probably my favorite non companion related NPC.
    I saved him in my first playthrough of 4. One of the only characters I genuinely felt for.

To have lived such a long depressing life and still want to believe in stuff like superheroes that could save the people suffering around him drowning in drug pushers and murderers, just something about him that makes me want to virtual hug the guy.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Somehow managed to miss this Pete Hines interview yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxXzHcLNlM&

• Options
    Man, ElPolloAzul is starting to make a strong case for getting his new combined .esp. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23874

Apparently the old Nexus Mod Manager is pretty much dead. I'm interested in trying out that new .esl-thing, but that version seems to require starting from scratch, and I'm not into redoing work I've already done.
    People are working on a replacement called "Vortex" (did they just close their eyes and flip open a dictionary?), but it's still kind of early in development.
    Guess I'd use Mod Organizer 2 if I started a new game any time soon.

• Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    On that note I'm waiting eagerly to hear about how war never changes according to Fallout 76. Will Ron Perlman return?

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    He was in the trailers.

• Options
    Better Immersive Survival's food-module has a lot of good models, but christ is it a haphazard overhaul of vanilla assets. I imagine there's a lot of potential conflicts.

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Man, I hope Ron Perlman lives forever.

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    He was in the trailers.
    Wait what? O.o

*listens back*

... Was that him speaking? "Our future begins" and such?

• Options
    Ron never changes.

• Options
    Lord help me I'm back on my bullshit. I just reinstalled New Vegas. Probably gonna stream it instead of FO4.

When I beat New Vegas I was kinda rushing through just to see the ending in question, I barely explored the desert.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Lord help me I'm back on my bullshit. I just reinstalled New Vegas. Probably gonna stream it instead of FO4.

When I beat New Vegas I was kinda rushing through just to see the ending in question, I barely explored the desert.

Immediately sprint north of town, don't listen to all the people trying to send you the long way around.

You do like death bugs, right?

• Options

Immediately sprint north of town, don't listen to all the people trying to send you the long way around.

You do like death bugs, right?
    I don't mind the roundabout route. It's measured and safe.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    "I can use this Stealth Boy to sneak past those deathclaws!"

[Caution]
    [DANGER]

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    You can sneak by on the cliffs to the west, though. Then you just have to deal with cazadors!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Oh hey, Amazon sent me my beta code, cool!

BTW here's the beta FAQ linked in the email:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/faq

And yeah Xbox One is getting the beta first.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Couldn't get Bethesda to do the game as a timed exclusive so I guess they settled for paying them to get Xbox for first beta access.

• Options
    Couple of Fallout 3 things.

I found Vault 108. Yay for Gary.

I'm currently in the Dunwich building and just had a weird... vision thingy. What the fuck. D:

• Options
    I very rarely get emails from Amazon, but they decided I should know that Fallout 76 is now available for pre-order on the site. Gosh they know me so well.

• Options
    People like m150 and ElPolloAzul are fucking heroes.

• Options
    Well, I've decided to go all in on making it to the endgame of Fallout Shelter for the first time after losing interest in my last few playthroughs.

Here goes nothing.

• Options
    Well, I've decided to go all in on making it to the endgame of Fallout Shelter for the first time after losing interest in my last few playthroughs.

Here goes nothing.

Wait, Fallout Shelter has an ending?

This discussion has been closed.