Options

[chat]: favors between lovers

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    no (bulbasaur)
    I only report posts to the awesome posts forum.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    yes (charmander)
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I mean I'm just straight up not going to do what he says about things in some cases because I went to Hampshire so I have no feeling of deference towards professors and if I disagree with them I say so <<

it's just irritating; I'm not trying to emulate 90s Marvel!

Yeah, if he spent most of his comic-related life in the mainstream Marvel / DC world, I could see him being stuck on certain aesthetics, stylistic choices, and "rules", whether real or invented

Take what you can from him, try to ignore when he gets stuck in his rut, and hopefully the class is largely beneficial to you <3

he did this thing the other week where he talked at length about how editors his age often reject people or make fun of them because they use the phrase "Word/Thought Bubble" instead of "Word/Thought Balloon" which apparently he has no problem with but apparently he hears people have problems so serious with that they mock/reject potential employees apparently lmao??

(balloon is almost exclusively used by old pros/academics and bubble is so common that frankly I've never used anything else and never ever ever hear "balloon" in general discussions with anyone under 50)

idk the superhero end of the industry seems like an insular disaster from all his anecdotes

that is useful to hear about imo

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Matt to make you feel better I also hate the report button. I feel very personally I have no right to use it. I’ve talked to mods about it. They’ve even insisted I use it. So I understand the feelings.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    squirtle
    Rami wrote: »
    Lens fell out of my sunglasses

I'm very fair/ blue eyed it's actually dangerous for me to be out in this kind of sun without protection

d783865c8aff651613afb800c894c03a0b03793b_hq.gif

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    squirtle
    i reported SiG and she was made a mod

what a bad button that is

xoxoxo SiG

tyrannus on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Unrelated: is there a more general term for mansplaining?

Like, I get what mansplaining is, but is there a term that can be used when someone does a similar thing, but in a totally unrelated context - so it's like, the same type of talking down I guess?

condescending

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Inmate lowering

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    squirtle
    Honking at people at lights feels GREAT

You know they’re on their cell phones like jackasses. I love it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    I mean I'm just straight up not going to do what he says about things in some cases because I went to Hampshire so I have no feeling of deference towards professors and if I disagree with them I say so <<

Yeah, if he spent most of his comic-related life in the mainstream Marvel / DC world, I could see him being stuck on certain aesthetics, stylistic choices, and "rules", whether real or invented

Take what you can from him, try to ignore when he gets stuck in his rut, and hopefully the class is largely beneficial to you <3

he did this thing the other week where he talked at length about how editors his age often reject people or make fun of them because they use the phrase "Word/Thought Bubble" instead of "Word/Thought Balloon" which apparently he has no problem with but apparently he hears people have problems so serious with that they mock/reject potential employees apparently lmao??

(balloon is almost exclusively used by old pros/academics and bubble is so common that frankly I've never used anything else and never ever ever hear "balloon" in general discussions with anyone under 50)

idk the superhero end of the industry seems like an insular disaster from all his anecdotes

Yeah, an inside peek - even if it's an inside peek at insanity - is always useful

At least you'll know how to interact with the asylum if your art life leads you in that direction

Plus you know what behaviors and thought traps to avoid in your own future!

People can be so silly :P

... They're obviously bubbles

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    TvoPwKb.png

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    squirtle
    i think when i am unemployed b ut in school i am going to fitness much more

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i reported SiG and she was made a mod

what a bad button that is

xoxoxo SiG

Why you little

• Options

it's the same everywhere and on some level you have to navigate the jargon. You have that stuff for your own life too, things that I can say that are insulting somehow or that mean something completely different.

I mean, I auto-trash resumes with hotmail addresses. Not even going to try and apologize for it.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

it's the same everywhere and on some level you have to navigate the jargon. You have that stuff for your own life too, things that I can say that are insulting somehow or that mean something completely different.

I mean, I auto-trash resumes with hotmail addresses. Not even going to try and apologize for it.

But...why tho

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    Eddy wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    Lens fell out of my sunglasses

I'm very fair/ blue eyed it's actually dangerous for me to be out in this kind of sun without protection

d783865c8aff651613afb800c894c03a0b03793b_hq.gif

I've threaded a pin through where the screw broke, clipped the ends and then used some metal glue to keep it together and now it's clamped while it sets.

When I was 14 we went to Florida and after 2 days I started getting this persistent pain in my eyes. So we go to the doctor and he basically tells me my eyes absolutely cannot deal with this level of sunlight, and I must wear sunglasses and look at the floor whenever I'm outside or suffer permanent damage.

So that was fun

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    TvoPwKb.png

England already has a copy.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2017/04/22/harvard-finds-parchment-copy-of-declaration-of-independence

Also new life goal
    and is believed to have originally belonged to a Duke of Richmond known as the “Radical Duke”

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    squirtle
    i give a little toot at lights as a starter honk

i feel like it’s more polite and like hey buddy just making sure you noticed

if that doesn’t work though

hoo buddy it’s on

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Spool the HoTMaiL bigot, we call him

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    squirtle
    Coinage wrote: »

this is always interesting to me as a legitimate idea :P God wasn't in the Texas Pledge until I was in middle school and it was changed, so it doesn't seem that outlandish to me tbh

I'm sorry Texas Pledge??

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Hotmail = Microsoft email early adopter!

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

this is always interesting to me as a legitimate idea :P God wasn't in the Texas Pledge until I was in middle school and it was changed, so it doesn't seem that outlandish to me tbh

I'm sorry Texas Pledge??
    God blessed Texas
    With His own hand
    Brought down angels from the promised land
    Gave 'em a place where they could dnace
    If you want to see heaven, brother, here's you chance
    I've been sent to spread the message
    God blessed Texas.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

But...why tho

It's an indication of your technical skill, connectedness with the tech world, etc

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    yes (charmander)

that's different, you auto-trash resumes with hotmail addresses because they indicate that the person applying for your extremely safety-conscious HIPPA compliant company doesn't know how to keep their information safe and isn't up to date on tech things

It would only be the same if you trashed hotmail resumes because it was an email that young people used and that may, tangentially, have been related to the manga boom and you were vaguely racist

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    squirtle
    I don’t honk across the bow, I open up a broadside of grapehonk as soon as I get an angle

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

But...why tho

It's an indication of your technical skill, connectedness with the tech world, etc

Which emails are gud

• Options
    yes (charmander)
    Aioua wrote: »

I'm sorry Texas Pledge??

yeah you have to say it before the american one every morning

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    squirtle
    BEFORE the American one?!?!

I'm activating the National Guard

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    The more I'm reminded of people sitting at green lights because they're oblivious to the larger world, the more I'm pleased that I walk everywhere

Though instead I often deal with cars making a right without looking to see if I exist, or deciding not to stop at that stop sign despite my decision to now step into the crosswalk

I let a guy get his bumper within 3 inches of me the other day just so I could give him a long, hard stare

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

But...why tho

Which emails are gud

Aol.com

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

God, Texas, country

• Options
    What if your Hotmail address is pre-Microsoft.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    squirtle

i mean

texas

it’s

god
    family
    texas
    whatever else

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    squirtle
    My house is not a wreck kind of nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

But...why tho

Which emails are gud

Aol.com

Is live.com ok

• Options
    squirtle
    sometimes texas in second i bet

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    squirtle

But...why tho

Got gmail, live, etc.

Seen yahoo emails recently from older folk and I'm just kinda like whaaaaaaa

• Options

I feel like you should get extra cred

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

But...why tho

Which emails are gud

I assume a private domain or isp provided email would be the best.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    squirtle

Then you wouldn't have kept using it after Micro$oft bought it obvs

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

But...why tho

Which emails are gud

I assume a private domain or isp provided email would be the best.

I honestly don't get it

But whatevs

This discussion has been closed.