As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth] Afterbirth+ is live!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It’s still two booster packs behind on Switch.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Ah ok. Im sure they know people hold off because of that, and are working on it but dang. I wish it were not so.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    All I have to do is beat Delirium then I'll be done with the Forgotten, and done with the game. Again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    All I have to do is beat Delirium then I'll be done with the Forgotten, and done with the game. Again.

I still "need" to get about 11 more achievements and find all the new items, and then I'll be done.

Yesterday's daily was Mother's Day themed. You start off with Thunder Thighs and Jump! and turns out that makes for an interesting synergy! Whenever you land from jumping, you cause an AOE rockwave, sort of like The Adversary does.

• Options
    I will probably not go for all the new achievements and finding stuff. I already got 1000000% once. That was enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I will probably not go for all the new achievements and finding stuff. I already got 1000000% once. That was enough.

2 save files to go!

• Options
    Giving you such a look right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options

2 save files to go!

Also, jokes on you. Apparently once you do it once, you can just make a new save and tell it sync with your steam achievements.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    7 achievements left for me to get in this game. One of them is the "win 7 dailies" achievement, and I think I'm only one away, but today's daily was not going to happen. If I were a little more skilled, I probably could have taken down the second boss, but playing as The Lost is always a challenge.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    i cleared off one million% on Switch (for what it's up to now), everything but the seven dailies unlock, the 10 tears up, and the charmed enemies ones is done on the non-recording PC file (with a bunch to go for the recording one).
    The Huge Growth one was surprisingly a pain in the arse, was having tons of runs where i wasn't getting any One Makes You Larger Pills. Then i lucked into it with a Blank Card and Strength in Boss Rush.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    i cleared off one million% on Switch (for what it's up to now), everything but the seven dailies unlock, the 10 tears up, and the charmed enemies ones is done on the non-recording PC file (with a bunch to go for the recording one).
    The Huge Growth one was surprisingly a pain in the arse, was having tons of runs where i wasn't getting any One Makes You Larger Pills. Then i lucked into it with a Blank Card and Strength in Boss Rush.

I actually knocked out the 10 tears up and Technology Zero achievements today when I managed to get one of those broken runs and take advantage of restock. Five left to go: Broken Modem, Haemolacria, Lil Spewer, Blanket, and Flat Stone.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »

I actually knocked out the 10 tears up and Technology Zero achievements today when I managed to get one of those broken runs and take advantage of restock. Five left to go: Broken Modem, Haemolacria, Lil Spewer, Blanket, and Flat Stone.

And with today's daily, I got the Broken Modem achievement. Hooray!

• Options
    I just sacrificed a perfectly good run because I misremembered the requirements for the Lil Spewer achievement/unlock. I was playing as The Forgotten.

First floor:
    Item room: Magic Mushroom.
    Got a golden bomb.
    Secret room contained the Skeleton key.
    Discovered all the first level's secrets, which included getting Bob's Brain from a locked chest hidden in a blue rock.

So when I got to The Haunt boss, I threw Bob's Brain at him and died to the explosion on purpose, expecting to see an achievement pop up.

Nothing.

*checks requirements*
    Die to your own explosion from Ipecac, Bob's Rotten Head, or Horf! pill

God damnit.

• Options
    Mod the game and remove Bob’s Brain

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    It'd be better for everyone.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Mod the game and add more Bob’s Brains

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I liked that three Bob's Brain challenge.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I did manage to get the Lil Spewer achievement on a run right after making that post yesterday. I had a moderately good run going, but when I saw Bob's Rotten Head appear in one of the Depths levels, I decided it was time to end it.

Now I just need to sleep in 10 beds, which I'm surely close to hitting by now.

• Options
    hdwfnpz0otem.png

Finally. Now I just need to pick up the Blanket, Haemolacria, and Flat Stone.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I had just the most ridiculous run last night that saw my first trip into Chapter 6, beating The Lamb, and a victory lap that ended with my first Hush kill, all with absolutely no effort. Relevant items include:

- Sacred Heart
    - Remote Detonator
    - Bomb Sack
    - Bonuses upon bonuses to damage and fire rate, in part from a PhD
    - $3 Bill
    - Damage insulation from Halo of Flies, Holy Mantle, and The Wafer
    - 7 Seals, because why not
    - A Full Health pill in my pocket, just in case

I did not feel fear, pity, or remorse and could not be stopped unless killed, except I was also functionally immortal.

I'm going to miss it.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Ugh...i am at such an impasse in my 3rd PC save file. There are some unlocks that i could probably wrap up relatively quickly if i put the effort into them (like the Lost, where right now i'm just waiting for a run that gives me Missing Poster, instead of going through the rigamarole of the four-step unlock), but Delirium is the real stickler. Still have i think five characters who need to beat him.

For me, the Deli fight has basically two states. Either i'm so absurdly powerful that Delirium dies almost immediately upon my entering the room (usually because i've amassed a fly and/or spider army and my damage stat is through the roof), or failure. There's almost no in between (i think i may have once squeaked out a victory on this save file, doing the final bit of damage with Dry Baby of all things). Had a pretty decent run this morning, maybe a bit above average for the Cathedral and Chest, and i was dealing almost no damage to Deli. Now, i'm not the best defensive player, so it was just a matter of time until i ate enough damage and died (although i'm not taking responsibility for the tele-frag hits, those are just bullshite, skilled player or no). It's really freaking frustrating, and doubly so since it's on camera. Basically all my intros recently have been apologies for the last episode's loss, and pre-apologies for the loss that's sure to be coming this time. It's really grinding my gears, over here.

i think i'm just going to do runs with the characters who need the unlock, but not try to force my way to Deli. If i do happen by pure luck to be stupidly powerful when i can go to Hush, i'll give it a shot. Otherwise just hop to the Cathedral and Chest and pick up the victory.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Edmund McMillen announced a new Binding of Isaac game today!

...it's a card game for four players called The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls. They're doing a Kickstarter for it. They were asking for $50,000. They're about to sail past the $375,000 mark.

Not really my thing, but that's cool.

• Options
    Edmund McMillen announced a new Binding of Isaac game today!

...it's a card game for four players called The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls. They're doing a Kickstarter for it. They were asking for $50,000. They're about to sail past the $375,000 mark.

Not really my thing, but that's cool.

With 7 days to go, they're up to $1,466,756.

In related news, I'm muting Edmund McMillen on twitter for at least the next 7 days.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    in a game filled with dead babies and bloody tears, that tweet is the weirdest shit in this thread.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    Ok, i'll be the first to ask. What the frack is Binding of Isaac: Repentance?

Also, i'd really like to knock off this 3rd save file. All i need to do is get the shop donation machine up to 999coins (from 490. Oh, and also pick up some remaining items). Last three runs? One coin donated and it breaks, two coins donated and it breaks, three coins donated...and it breaks. That is some world-class trolling right there, i tell ya.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Ok, i'll be the first to ask. What the frack is Binding of Isaac: Repentance?

Also, i'd really like to knock off this 3rd save file. All i need to do is get the shop donation machine up to 999coins (from 490. Oh, and also pick up some remaining items). Last three runs? One coin donated and it breaks, two coins donated and it breaks, three coins donated...and it breaks. That is some world-class trolling right there, i tell ya.

It's this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgV96KNJA0s

It's also probably an official version of the fan-made expansion Antibirth considering 1. the logo is exactly the same 2. Antibirth doesn't work with Afterbirth+ and the team wanted to get it to work and 3. Nicalis hired the lead dev of the Antibirth team around the time of Booster Pack 3

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    D'oh! i forgot all about Dad's knife!

If they can square the circle and integrate both games, that would be awesome. Especially if we get Mudeth's amazing songs replacing (even if it's only a random chance on the regular floors) Ridiculon's frankly mediocre ones.

i don't know if i'm pleased or disappointed it's not (maybe?) going to be a fully new Isaac.

Oh...damn...just realized that means we'll have to do Jacob & Esau unlocks again. Really not sure how i feel about that.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    Kinda glad I never tried Antibirth so all of this can feel new!

• Options
    Hopefully it doesn’t take 2 years to come to Switch...

• Options
    edited September 2018
    According to Edmund in that Tweet thread they're not going to go with Mudeth's OST, and instead will have Ridiculon do new songs for the Antibirth floors. i'm...definitely disappointed there. Though he said it would be for consistency's sake.
    i can kind of get that...i mean, having the music switch from really great to "meh, it's ok-enough background noise" depending on what floor you're on might be a bit jarring.
    Oh, hey, i know, maybe they could hire on Mudeth to redo the whole Rebirth/Afterbirth+ OST? i mean that's an idea.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    MarylleMarylle Registered User regular
    I found some footage from PAX yesterday, looks good, i hope it's not considered as a spoiler, just a plain gameplay XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26EwFVALj10

• Options
    The new stuff was cool to see but man whoever that is sucks at Isaac and it was painful to watch

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Dang that looks cool. I've only played Isaac on WiiU, so its been awhile and that looks like a butt load of new content.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    i've never been much of a "yell at the screen" type, but man...that video was really testing me.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    I only watched a little bit of the video. I'm guessing Gamespot just doesn't have many people available that are into The Binding of Isaac, so that's the best footage they could get. Oh well.

• Options
    I only watched a little bit of the video. I'm guessing Gamespot just doesn't have many people available that are into The Binding of Isaac, so that's the best footage they could get. Oh well.

Intellectually, i'm sure you're right...on the other hand, watching someone use a bomb to access some coins when they could've just put out the adjacent fire was a bit of nails on the chalkboard for me (well, not actually...i mean, i do like the sound of nails on chalkboard, but you get where i'm coming from).

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    It was pretty clearly somebody who had never or just briefly tried Isaac before

It’s not just their lack of ability, but their decision-making betrayed a lack of fundamental understanding of the game mechanics