As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Bet the Uncharted movie comes first (though they've been working on that for a shorter time).

• Options
    RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    A buddy and I are looking to play a Halo game co-op online. We each have an Xbox One. Which Halo games playable on Xbox One have a good co-op campaign? Not interested in multiplayer vs maps.

Thanks!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'd say all of them do, really.

• Options
    I feel like there's more variety of co-op stuff to do in the later games, though it's not as though the first game is somehow not fun--it's really fun. It's just in the later games, you're more likely to get multiple vehicles rather than just a warthog, etc.

Plus they have 3 - 4 player co-op, except you can't do it on one console.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    MCC development update 3

This here caught my eye. I'm surprised that 343i straight-up mentions it in their update.
    Custom Edition – Another area Sean has been tinkering with on the side is working on the pipeline and process to bring Halo Custom Edition maps into MCC. This is longer lead proof-of-concept work that isn’t part of the near-term scope but he’s shared some exciting progress successfully loading a Halo Custom Edition map into MCC. There’s a lot of rough edges and plenty of work to still do on this front - and to be honest this feature work isn't currently even tied to an official milestone - but it’s a really tantalizing and exciting prospect to think about further down the road.

Sean Cooper is a community legend and I'm so glad he's working for 343i, doing what he loves.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    A new Halo game was just announced!

https://youtu.be/z1XcznNr-Ik
    Its a 4 player on rails turret shooting arcade game.

Yay...? I'll try it once if I'm ever in a D&B

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    If I ever actually see it, I'd absolutely play it. It's not the creator's fault that arcades are kind of dead in the United States. I'm 30 to 40 minutes from a Dave and Busters.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I've been lucky enough to live in cities with arcades but who knows if they'll splurge to buy one of those machines at all

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Currently running through Halo 2 and man, I loved these games. So good. I never tried Reach, ODST, 4 or 5 so it should be fun seeing how much the series changed after the trilogy ended.

• Options
    I just read an article on Jalopnik that said the Warthog controlled badly and I've never had disagreed with someone as badly as I do right now

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Halo 1, 4, and 5 Warthog drove excellently

Reach was decent

2 (and to a lesser extent 3) it was a borderline undriveable

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Hey now, I used to do just fine driving the Hog on Standoff.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Halo 1, 4, and 5 Warthog drove excellently

Reach was decent

2 (and to a lesser extent 3) it was a borderline undriveable

I found Reach to be there closer to 2. But I generally agree. Way too floaty.

• Options
    I wonder if Fireteam Raven will finally answer the deepest lore mystery of how Chips Dubbo got off Alpha Halo.

• Options
    Did some MCC today and for once people actually voted for Halo 2, the few games no one dropped out were a lot of fun. The Lockout remake is pretty nifty, shame I can't just play H2A online with a healthy population. MCC waa a great idea but they really spread they matchmaking population thin doing it this way, and I really don't ever need to revisit Halo 4 tbh.

• Options
    Huh, remember that Showtime Halo series supposedly being worked on... back in 2013?

Still happening... maybe
    https://kotaku.com/showtimes-president-swears-a-halo-tv-show-is-still-in-t-1821857906

6 months later and hey, confirmed

• Options
    https://youtu.be/cTKaiCqxycI
    Clunky menu revamp, you can delete Halo 4, 1X enhancements. Not bad.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh, wow. There was a post-Halo 5 events novel released in June: HALO: Bad Blood.

Anybody read it already?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Still no Master Chief for PC you hack frauds.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh, wow. There was a post-Halo 5 events novel released in June: HALO: Bad Blood.

Anybody read it already?

I'm no help there. I'm currently reading the fall of reach, so I have a ways to go.

How many is there now?

Steam: offday
  • Options

:lol:

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    There's another big MCC patch coming soonish right? I still haven't beaten 4, gotta do that at some point.

I'd love to have it on PC too but we'll see if they ever do that.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Old man yells at cloud. Getting the original Halo games on PC is my white whale of gaming.

• Options
    anoffday wrote: »

Anybody read it already?

I'm no help there. I'm currently reading the fall of reach, so I have a ways to go.

How many is there now?
    It looks like there's 27.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Damn. I didn't realize we were at that point.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Most of them outside of the "core" series are skippable (Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx etc being the "main" ones). Although some are better than others. The anthology books are really good.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    The Forerunner trilogy has some pretty big stuff in it as well.

• Options
    Fall of Reach is also entirely skippable now. Halo Reach invalidated about half of the book.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I won't open the can of worms which is the battle itself, but the entirety of the Spartan training program, the various color teams, how space combat worked, Halsey, John's actual character and personality, Cortana's mortality, all of the world building beyond Bungie's original work was basically Nylund. He deserves a huge amount of credit for setting.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options

Old man yells at cloud. Getting the original Halo games on PC is my white whale of gaming.

The Whitest of the White Whales. Your avatar only makes me appreciate that further.

• Options
    Fall of Reach is also entirely skippable now. Halo Reach invalidated about half of the book.

Right. Still a good read though.

I was able to grab a free flood book, which I think comes after fall of reach? How is that one?

• Options

I was able to grab a free flood book, which I think comes after fall of reach? How is that one?

Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx were all great. The Flood was terrible.

Contact Harvest was decent, I think that's the only other one I read.
    I won't open the can of worms which is the battle itself, but the entirety of the Spartan training program, the various color teams, how space combat worked, Halsey, John's actual character and personality, Cortana's mortality, all of the world building beyond Bungie's original work was basically Nylund. He deserves a huge amount of credit for setting.

True, I believe Nylund was also a credited writer on Halo Reach. They pulled a lot of inspiration from the book, but everything about the battle of Reach is basically wiped out in the game.

• Options

The Whitest of the White Whales. Your avatar only makes me appreciate that further.

As in as much a chance as Chapter 3 of Phantom Pain? :lol:

• Options
    Eh, I'll probably read it anyway. It was free. Then again I never pay for books. I just rent from the library with my kindle or use the Libby app on my phone. Surprisingly, the two libraries I use have most of the Halo books.

• Options
    edited August 2018

Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx were all great. The Flood was terrible.

Contact Harvest was decent, I think that's the only other one I read.

True, I believe Nylund was also a credited writer on Halo Reach. They pulled a lot of inspiration from the book, but everything about the battle of Reach is basically wiped out in the game.

It's a huge reach, har har, but as I understand it the majority of the game including the Super Carrier bit happens before the space battle seen in the book. Reach was already under attack, but in some of the "secret comms" on the Reach website, it was actually that Reach went on total comms blackout and didn't call for reinforcements until the 350 odd Covenant fleet showed up in the hopes that A: the invasion could be contained for morale purposes, and B: to avoid tipping off to the Covenant that Reach was the absolute last line of defense and strength the UNSC had.

When the book got updated, it was mentioned that the battle on Reach had been ongoing for sometime, including other fixes like Brutes and Elites being encountered for the "first" time in places where logically the UNSC should have been fighting them for years.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options

As in as much a chance as Chapter 3 of Phantom Pain? :lol:

Haven't gotten that far. Though I have played more of the actual The Phantom Pain than MGS4, I suspect. :lol:

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

You and me both buddy

You and me both

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

You and me both buddy

You and me both

Hey, you guys are a third of the way there!

15 years later and... you're still a third of the way there.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options