Options

[Phalla] Big Trouble in The World Tree! Traveler/Evil Victory - Thanks for playing

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Huh, I thought there was only one vote against me, but there y'go.

discrider as a holding vote at the very least, as I need to go re-read this page.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Of the two who are front-runners, I prefer discrider to Austin at the moment. Sorry discy :(

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I voted privately for premium

Not that I have a particularly great deal of faith in the whole public vote for private actions thing

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Austin isn't me, and Obi championed him.

And it should be very easy for Obifett to simply tell his faction his colour and have them speak in thread.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Quick thread scan has

Discrider - 8
    Austin - 6

Interesting

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Is it though
    Be more interesting when you die peach or some such.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm holding narration hostage because people didn't vote and I got the sads.

(narration in progress you maniacs)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Day One: Of Gardens and Geodes

The elves closed in on discrider. The dwarves closed in on discrider. The kept pursuing the Elven Villager as he ran away. Never had he seen such a mob. These things didn’t happen in the peaceful towns of the World Tree. He slowly ascended the levels of the tree until he entered the beautiful gardens of the trunk. The elves pursuing him slowly fell behind and disappeared. Elves were good sprinters but they lacked the stamina to keep up the pursuit. He admired the beautiful scenery, and stopped to run his hands along a dew covered flower. Small furry creatures cuddled up against him.

Then he heard the tromping. The dwarves! What they lacked in speed they made up for in stamina. As the dwarven mob appeared discrider climbed a branch, hoping the stout dwarves would be unable to pursue him. His plan was successful for a few hours until the exhausted elves recuperated and arrived in the garden. The elves pulled him down from the tree and the angry faces closed in. The mob attempted to put him to death as some sort of threat, but they really had no experience in such matters so it took them a long time to kill discrider. Eventually they pummeled him to death with their bare hands. As the last blows rained down upon his beautiful body there was a shattering sound like a stained glass window.

The garden was gone.

The dew was gone.

The flowers were gone.

The animals were gone.

The crowd was standing in a stinking crater. There was a noxious black and purple mist so thick that you could cut it with a knife. Slimy pulsating roots clung to every surface. At their feet was a warm boulder. The rock was split open and filled with a luminescent blue crystalline substance. It was leaking out all around them. The ceiling was dripping it the roots were bleeding it It was on them, it burned, it burned it BURNED IT BURNS IT BURNS IT BURNS

IN THE PAIN THE PAIN THE PAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPAINTHEPA

The Dead:
    discrider - Shattered Husk

@MrTLicious @kime @Preda @Preda on warning for skipping the vote. Kime you were also inactive day 1 of the last game. Thanks for trying to save my time writing narration but I’d rather you vote!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    YUUUUUUUP

• Options
    Wait

I dont understand the narration.

Was discrider a villager who got converted to a shattered husk in the middle of the night? I thought Vote happens first...

Or by us voting for him did we turn him into a shattered husk?

• Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    Only the vote kill. Leads me to believe that yes, the racial powers are vigs, at least.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    @38thDoe are we all set to start day 2? Or should we still be waiting?

• Options
    You are good to go...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Cool, just checking!

So with the lack of mafia kill, I’m still leaning towards cult. But I’m also paranoid about those sorts of things, so who knows!

I think it also lends more credence to both of the weapons being vigs. I am hopeful they are in good hands tonight!

I’m.... not entirely sure how to read narration. My initial guess is that discrider was some sort of evil guy and the elven villager was his cover role? Or that he got an elf vote?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    The new secret vote is interesting...

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    It reads as Disc was elven villager but after he was killed, he became the husk (moist, ew).

That doesn’t make things easy as it appears village vote was only action. Except, given the inactivity notice, we know we have to vote.

So, given Disc was leading the whole time (I think?), I would make the assumption that the mafia power has something to do with the husk status and they were able to target the vote leader before close.

If true, then the question becomes what do the husks do.

• Options
    It reads as Disc was elven villager but after he was killed, he became the husk (moist, ew).

That doesn’t make things easy as it appears village vote was only action. Except, given the inactivity notice, we know we have to vote.

So, given Disc was leading the whole time (I think?), I would make the assumption that the mafia power has something to do with the husk status and they were able to target the vote leader before close.

I’m not sure that’s the case. The ONLY thing we know is tha he vote comes first in the order of operations. While that certainly doesn’t mean there aren’t any weird things going on, with it being day 1, disc couldn’t have really gotten targeted on previous days.

Maybe it’s something with the game mechanics, but for right now, it really doesn’t seem like anything could target disc before the vote went off. That seems to indicate that he really was some kind of baddie in disguise.

• Options
    If we want to go with the “discrider is mafia” theory, the two people that would directly implicate are jpants and Virgil.

Both of them tried to stop the disc wagon and play an important role in getting Austin’s competing wagon off the ground yesterday. While we can certainly continue to debate what exactly narration means, if we do think that disc was evil, those two should be our next focuses.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Come back to life as cultists? We missed our chance at finally having a pacifist victory :cry:

• Options
    Can’t be pacifist though. People got tagged for not voting, that means we are required to vote someone out

• Options

I’m not sure that’s the case. The ONLY thing we know is tha he vote comes first in the order of operations. While that certainly doesn’t mean there aren’t any weird things going on, with it being day 1, disc couldn’t have really gotten targeted on previous days.

Maybe it’s something with the game mechanics, but for right now, it really doesn’t seem like anything could target disc before the vote went off. That seems to indicate that he really was some kind of baddie in disguise.

This is a good catch. Vote is first so they couldn’t have targeted anything. That means the vote (first time maybe?) was meant to do that.

If so, makes me lean village for Disc.

• Options

This is a good catch. Vote is first so they couldn’t have targeted anything. That means the vote (first time maybe?) was meant to do that.

I’m not sure I follow. Disc’s death color and role a very definitely NOT village.

There’s nothing that could have targeted him beforehand, so it’s not like it was some mafia ability.

Being a shattered husk disguised as a elven villager makes sense from a thematic standpoint for the mafia.

What specifically in all this makes you think disc is a villager?

• Options
    While we are talking about OOO, it has been adjusted. You may want to check in on it from time to time as it may change.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    That narration is weird. Based on the context of the setting that I've picked up exclusively from the narrations and role PM, I wonder if the idea here is that no evil existed in this world until now. Maybe there wasn't actually a mafia to begin with, but whoever we voted out first would turn up red - and somehow they 'create' more mafia? Whether they have specific post mortem abilities to work with, or some other predetermined affect that they 'infect' others (like a bomb, which the narration hints at). Say, perhaps those who voted for them become the mafia, or something?

This is wild guessing obviously, and reading too much mechanics from flavour is always risky, but... I'm befuddled, yo.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

That's how the narration reads to me. Disc is ID'd and narrated like a villager right up until the village kills him, that's when he (and the tree? reality?) "shatters".

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

That's how the narration reads to me. Disc is ID'd and narrated like a villager right up until the village kills him, that's when he (and the tree? reality?) "shatters".

I read that as disc’s true self being revealed on death.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    facetious wrote: »
    That narration is weird. Based on the context of the setting that I've picked up exclusively from the narrations and role PM, I wonder if the idea here is that no evil existed in this world until now. Maybe there wasn't actually a mafia to begin with, but whoever we voted out first would turn up red - and somehow they 'create' more mafia? Whether they have specific post mortem abilities to work with, or some other predetermined affect that they 'infect' others (like a bomb, which the narration hints at). Say, perhaps those who voted for them become the mafia, or something?

This is wild guessing obviously, and reading too much mechanics from flavour is always risky, but... I'm befuddled, yo.

I like this and want to take it one paranoid step further: The people who voted out disc, the mob that killed him, got infected by the burning pain mist that spawned after they killed disc. Are they now the new infected mafia? It can't be that simple, right?

edit - I know it mechanically working exactly like this is like a million to one shot, but I do think its not out of bounds that maybe the "spawned" mafia is at least partially among those that voted disc out.

JPants on
  • Options
    What JPants says.

If nothing could target him, why would he even get a hidden identity? Maybe just flavor text to say he has an identity? But if so, is that indicating that every mafia shows up with an elf/dwarf identity? If so, why tell us?

• Options
    Just to make it easy on everyone, the new order of operations is:

VOTE >Kill> ???

Real strong, facetious.

• Options

I read that as disc’s true self being revealed on death.

Could be. But I think narratively this event had to happen. Maybe disc is mafia and there was another way for this to go down if a villager was lynched..... IDK, I like the idea of a perfect world that had a natural disaster and people went crazy and introduced evil into it..... It *feels* right.

And not that hosts need a reason to want people to vote/participate, but it makes sense why 38th was so sad about the inactivus.

• Options
    Also I'm already cautioning against my own claims (again), because if discrider WAS truly mafia, then anyone claiming that maybe he was converted on death can wash their hands of any associated guilt from day one actions.

I do think we should keep that possibility in mind, but for day two it's probably best to simply follow the leads we have under the assumption that disc was truly mafia.
    If we want to go with the “discrider is mafia” theory, the two people that would directly implicate are jpants and Virgil.

.. perhaps ironically, if not outright hypocritically, I think the fact that JPants was so quick to agree with and add on to my theory is suspicious. If there was a true mafia, then again, they may want to play up that idea that they didn't really exist.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    What JPants says.

If nothing could target him, why would he even get a hidden identity? Maybe just flavor text to say he has an identity? But if so, is that indicating that every mafia shows up with an elf/dwarf identity? If so, why tell us?

That could just be his role PM. It would definitely make sense that the mafia would have cover roles. If we assume the mafia also gets to vote on weapons, they’d also need to be sorted into dwarf/elf like the rest of us. That would make Disc a mafia who looked like an elf, and voted with the elves, but actually was a shattered husk underneath it.

Or maybe everyone on the disc wagon is mafia now.

• Options
    If mafia could vote on weapons, then they have them now right? How could we outnumber that coordination?

• Options
    What JPants says.

That could just be his role PM. It would definitely make sense that the mafia would have cover roles. If we assume the mafia also gets to vote on weapons, they’d also need to be sorted into dwarf/elf like the rest of us. That would make Disc a mafia who looked like an elf, and voted with the elves, but actually was a shattered husk underneath it.

Or maybe just one (or two) are and in the time it takes us to find them they covert themselves a good ol' cult.

• Options
    If mafia could vote on weapons, then they have them now right? How could we outnumber that coordination?

It’s possible that they can’t have them themselves. Or that there’s so few of them on each side that just by luck we’ve gotten through. I’m honestly not sure.

We may have some more information tomorrow. If me, jdark and Obi and all bugged tonight, then yeah, the mafia probably has the weapons.

For right now though, I’m dealing with what I can control, and that’s looking at what’s going on with disc and the wagons from yesterday.

• Options
    What JPants says.

Or maybe just one (or two) are and in the time it takes us to find them they covert themselves a good ol' cult.

::shrug:: anything’s possible.