As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think there's a point of reductiveness in a casual conversation where I'm comfortable just saying it's wrong. Unless you're specifically discussing game theory or construction, all those other mechanics are a significant part of the discussion.

It's like saying that if someone said in casual conversation that humans and pigs are basically the same thing. Sure if you reduce it to the level of class we're both mammals but in 95% of discussions, stuff beyond that level matters.

I don't disagree, but also if I am being honest if I had to explain Windjammers to someone I can easily see myself saying "Okay, imagine you are playing pong. But instead of being a paddle you are a crazy sports player who can slide around and throw a frisbee that bounces off of walls and also IS ON FIRE" and I feel like I've described Windjammers pretty well.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have definitely described Windjammers as “frisbee Pong” to people that don’t know it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My go to description is "What if Pong and a fighting game had a baby".

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ept9sftcwlyl.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Let me tell you about Zeke the Wonder Dog

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I felt like that was a really good Mike episode overall.

(the secret is they all are. He's the anchor of the show)

8-)

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Windjammers is like tennis ya fuckin' nerds

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Windjammers is air hockey but sexier, if you can believe that.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    a lot of things are like tennis

Tennis, for example

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

Tennis, for example

name ONE fuckin way, smart guy

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Tennis, for example

I could sooner name fifteen than I could one

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Tennis, for example

I could sooner name fifteen than I could one

well well, look at mister kaioken x 15 smart guy over here

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Windjammers is highly reminiscent of the technologically liminal "pike and shot" form of warfare familiar to 17th century Europe

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Pong is like tennis

• Options
    I am like tennis

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Full of love.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am tennis

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Everybody thinks life-sized chess is dorky but play life-sized ping-pong and you can get on a Wheaties box smdh

• Options
    Is not all chess life sized

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Is not all chess life sized

i find the size discrepancy between my own human body and the chess-game's king to be both comforting and correct

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I'd never considered it before but now that I do yes I agree it is both comforting and correct

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Windjammers is highly reminiscent of the technologically liminal "pike and shot" form of warfare familiar to 17th century Europe

Tell me more.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, I was interested in this Pokemon trainer character on this week's CBB, but the bit turned out to be "just naming Pokemon characters" so I bailed

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Well, I was interested in this Pokemon trainer character on this week's CBB, but the bit turned out to be "just naming Pokemon characters" so I bailed

They've showed up before and yeah, the entire joke is just that Scott and the older guests don't have any fucking idea what he's talking about

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

More like badminton tbh

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

They've showed up before and yeah, the entire joke is just that Scott and the older guests don't have any fucking idea what he's talking about

He did it with World of Warcraft on last week's off-book, too. Worked a little better there, but it was more contained

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

More like badminton tbh

Badminton: tennis but weird

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    shuttlecock

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    my friend had shuttlecock and he had to wear that weird cast for four months

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Man is a featherless biped

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    QjOPw6c.jpg?1

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Anyway, if there is any old arcade game they should bring back it's Virtual On anyway.

They just made a new one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czW4hjJeleg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Anyway, if there is any old arcade game they should bring back it's Virtual On anyway.

WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!

NANI!!!?!?!?!?!??!@?!?!?!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgaWMfeS5n0

• Options
    Ugh it felt so good beating up people in an arcade in Virtual On this summer.

It's just so fun to play. My little cypher dashing everywhere, raining death.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It's actually the second or third crossovers between those two franchises, there was a light novel or two.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular

He did it with World of Warcraft on last week's off-book, too. Worked a little better there, but it was more contained

The first time the trainer showed up on CBB had a bit that killed me and I still think about
    zach: I'm from the Kanto Region
    scott or PFT or someone:The Kanto Region of what?
    zach: Hmm!?

really any time someone asks an improviser an obvious follow up question that the improviser didn't think of and they have to act like they didn't hear the question to buy time is just something that always gets me

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

This discussion has been closed.