CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I know it’s old but it’s still hilarious

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    all hail the iron church

I focus more on volume lifting and core work so I don't get to report big sexy numbers like strength lifters :(

I ain't trying to get bigger though, just trying to stay limber and shed as much body fat as possible

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    12 hours a day, 6 days a week is a real thing for people who are invested in the outcome of the company - eg: substantial stocks, equity, etc.

To expect that from the workforce is to be effectively a monster.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    tumblr_p43n8nzJeh1rf8nsio1_540.jpg

Oh shit, cast reveal for Ocean's 9

Hey, did anyone see Ocean's 8?

Was it good? Like, 11 good or 13 good?

Oceans 8 was great fun and definitely on par with the others in my estimation.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Once y'all normalize the 6 hour x 4 day work week let me know, I might consider rejoining the workforce

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

It was mediocre at best.

• Options

Oceans 8 was great fun and definitely on par with the others in my estimation.

Excellent, glad to hear it! I think I'll add it to the movie queue :)

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    "What are you thinking about"
    "Nothing"
    ("The guide says not to use a Montregaul's Grasp, but if I'm lacking another summoner unique is there really any harm in filling a spot with it until??")

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I am becoming more convinced that US companies need to rethink 40 hour work weeks / 8-10 hr day schedules. There is definitely such thing as diminishing returns on productivity, and I personally find that I do better work in the 4-8 PM hrs when no one else is in the damn office.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ok I'm only 400ft from the hotdogs apparently so I'm leaving this cafe peace nerds

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

It was mediocre at best.

A challenger appears!
    Worthy of a free view though, I imagine? That's a stellar cast.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    12 hours a day, 6 days a week is a real thing for people who are invested in the outcome of the company - eg: substantial stocks, equity, etc.

To expect that from the workforce is to be effectively a monster.

i mean honestly 12/6 is not even unreasonable if you're, like, the person holding shit together and getting things off the ground

but yeah, fuck that otherwise

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    I am becoming more convinced that US companies need to rethink 40 hour work weeks / 8-10 hr day schedules. There is definitely such thing as diminishing returns on productivity, and I personally find that I do better work in the 4-8 PM hrs when no one else is in the damn office.

i wish i could only be at work for the amount of time in a week i actually spend working but keep the same pay

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    all hail the iron church

I focus more on volume lifting and core work so I don't get to report big sexy numbers like strength lifters :(

I ain't trying to get bigger though, just trying to stay limber and shed as much body fat as possible

higher volume typically, but not necessarily, facilitates hypertrophy tho

when u get that pump

• Options
    edited September 2018
    i physically can't do any more work than i do without, like, pharmaceutical enhancements

i get my job done and i do it well

i don't need to be here 45 hours a week

i barely need to be here 30 hours a week

Chanus on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Those be crunch hours

Mandated crunch hours get the plain biscuits and no sugar in their tea

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    First day back at work after two weeks off

ABOLISH THE WAGE SYSTEM.

Hey, it was either your parents or your in-laws that came into town, right? How'd that go? :)

My mother and my aunt came to visit. It went pretty well, my aunt can be an awful wagon sometimes, but she mostly behaved herself.
    I took the entire time off so we touristed all over Montreal, then went to Quebec for a few days, where both of them insisted on doing a zipline across Montmorency Falls, which was fantastic to witness, then over towards Ottawa for a trip to Parc Omega - where we discovered that deers are very drooly bois,

Finally, they went down to Toronto to see my brother and his wife, we weren't supposed to go with them, but Fraucron and I had been roped into attending a tournament in Toronto at the same time, so we drove down ahead of them, played then met them for dinner at my brothers and then the next day dinner at the 360 restaurant in the CN tower. It's an awful tourist trap, but they loved it and we were there for sunset so that made it worthwhile.

So, yeah, good times! But it's great to have the house back to ourselves now, as things are now where they're meant to be, and not wherever my mother has put them because she insisted on helping.
    Also, I had forgotten that older irish women have no internal monologue "That's a tall building! There's an awful lot of people with tattoos here! Ohh, that's a very severe haircut" and that they see no problem at all in cleaning out tea stained mugs/pots/anything with bleach.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    all hail the iron church

when u get that pump

I mean I'm not opposed to some growth, I'm just not doing anything like 90% max reps, etc.

Gotta stay fit though - when you're not employed, you gotta give the lady some reason to stick around :P

• Options
    all hail the iron church

when u get that pump

I mean I'm not opposed to some growth, I'm just not doing anything like 90% max reps, etc.

Gotta stay fit though - when you're not employed, you gotta give the lady some reason to stick around :P

that's for convincing me to stay with my 5 day program instead of toning it down to 4 day

u fuckin' fish

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    A coworker just proposed some as seen on tv assed shit for robot picking and everyone is trying to be polite but it’s just such a stupid idea.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    First day back at work after two weeks off

ABOLISH THE WAGE SYSTEM.

Hey, it was either your parents or your in-laws that came into town, right? How'd that go? :)

My mother and my aunt came to visit. It went pretty well, my aunt can be an awful wagon sometimes, but she mostly behaved herself.
    I took the entire time off so we touristed all over Montreal, then went to Quebec for a few days, where both of them insisted on doing a zipline across Montmorency Falls, which was fantastic to witness, then over towards Ottawa for a trip to Parc Omega - where we discovered that deers are very drooly bois,

Finally, they went down to Toronto to see my brother and his wife, we weren't supposed to go with them, but Fraucron and I had been roped into attending a tournament in Toronto at the same time, so we drove down ahead of them, played then met them for dinner at my brothers and then the next day dinner at the 360 restaurant in the CN tower. It's an awful tourist trap, but they loved it and we were there for sunset so that made it worthwhile.

So, yeah, good times! But it's great to have the house back to ourselves now, as things are now where they're meant to be, and not wherever my mother has put them because she insisted on helping.
    Also, I had forgotten that older irish women have no internal monologue "That's a tall building! There's an awful lot of people with tattoos here! Ohh, that's a very severe haircut" and that they see no problem at all in cleaning out tea stained mugs/pots/anything with bleach.

Heh, it sounds like you did the Quebec - Toronto corridor up right! :) The 360 restaurant is definitely a tourist trap, but much like the Biosphere in Montreal you have to experience it at least once. I'm glad they mostly behaved and didn't cause too much chaos in the natural order of your life - no more than is to be expected, anyway <3

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    A coworker just proposed some as seen on tv assed shit for robot picking and everyone is trying to be polite but it’s just such a stupid idea.

"robot picking"

Like, tinder for robots?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Working 40 hours is lame. I hear people working 60 and I'm like whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Today's weird guilt

signed up for an internal beta for a new service the company is going to offer
    ofc they can't tell you what it is really before you sign up cause secrets and all
    get accepted in, get told what it is
    lol I am never going to use this service are you kidding me
    get emails every week asking about it en encouraging me to participate
    shrug kaomoji

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

"robot picking"

Like, tinder for robots?

“Picking” as in “picking up items”

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Working 40 hours is lame. I hear people working 60 and I'm like whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Because working yourself to death is as american as warm apple pie.

• Options
    I liked doing 55 hours. Anything past that an your productivity might go down.

• Options

"robot picking"

Like, tinder for robots?

I prefer my headcanon.

*swipes left*

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

"robot picking"

Like, tinder for robots?

3719.jpg

patent pending

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Today's weird guilt

signed up for an internal beta for a new service the company is going to offer
    ofc they can't tell you what it is really before you sign up cause secrets and all
    get accepted in, get told what it is
    lol I am never going to use this service are you kidding me
    get emails every week asking about it en encouraging me to participate
    shrug kaomoji

i kinda feel like "this is stupid, why would i ever use this?" is valid and useful feedback

if at the very least it signals to them they haven't adequately made clear why their product/system is useful

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Having to work with this legacy app requires java. Apple (and chrome) in its infinite wisdom, heh, decided for us that java is bad for us (it is) despite a large swath of enterprise and government softwares still using. And so I have to install a really old version, rather than the newest and more secure versions, to get them to run.

Nice.

• Options

no

• Options
    edited September 2018
    all hail the iron church

when u get that pump

that's for convincing me to stay with my 5 day program instead of toning it down to 4 day

u fuckin' fish

Hey I'm only doing 4 days / week!

Though we usually mix in some sort of medium-intensity activity on one of the off days - hiking, basketball, squash, etc.

I spent like a full hour wrestling with my nephew yesterday so I feel like that counts as a workout :P

BeNarwhal on
  • Options

no

fuck you

• Options
    4 days/week

stupidiest_boy_alive.youtube

• Options

no

fuck you

fair

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    anybody happy with doing more than 40 hours a week isn't sufficiently miserable about their job and therefore overpaid imo

This discussion has been closed.