As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Thread! Streaming Service is live! Aquaman out in December! Comics, I guess!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    between stargirl, swamp thing, and titans, the dc streaming service just seems so damn worth it

not interested in Doom Patrol?

ah fuck i forgot doom patrol!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    What they don't mention is all the Alfred penis they're adding.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    What they don't mention is all the Alfred penis they're adding.

Alfred's Nude Beach Vacation

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    He's just going to be bottomless in every scene but nobody will mention it.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Preview of the Bendis/Derington Batman story popping up in the Wal-Mart giant books
    1FSSG4v.jpg?1
    KVrVlFb.jpg?1
    7EwG49N.jpg?2

It looks pretty fun, that's a good Batman/Alfred dynamic going, but the main takeaway is Nick Derington is an absolute art monster and Stewart's colors make him look even better

Look at that panel!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

Will they be changing the title to Unsullied Batman?

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Swamp Thing, Stargirl, and Doom Patrol?

I might have to sign up for this.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I'd be extremely down with this cast

• Options
    i love every new bit of joker stuff we see

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    i am into that

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have to say that so far I'm picking up what this movie's putting down

I very badly hope Batman is not in the movie at all

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I dont think he is because Thomas Wayne is still alive and kicking during it so that would mean Bruce is a kid and there would have to be a LARGE time jump for Batman to show up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I dont think he is because Thomas Wayne is still alive and kicking during it so that would mean Bruce is a kid and there would have to be a LARGE time jump for Batman to show up

I could very much see a final/post-credits scene of the movie jumping ahead in time that shows the first time Phoenix's Joker encounters Batman

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Honestly I'm into it too

I'm glad they're basically ditching everything except for "Clown themed crime boss who was a failed comedian"

Do your own weird Joker thing dont just remake Ledger or The Killing Joke or whatever

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

I could very much see a final/post-credits scene of the movie jumping ahead in time that shows the first time Phoenix's Joker encounters Batman
    I would be fine with that, personally

If Batman were actively involved I would hate it but having him appear in the final scene and close out the movie is fine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I don’t think there’s nearly enough stuff out yet for me to decide if I’m into it or not

• Options
    It feels like one of the only movies of the current DC slate that exists because the people making it wanted to make it, rather than how everyone (Disney included) are doing it of announcing a slate of 10 movies ahead of time and finding people to make them later

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    typically i dont joker having an origin at all, but this looks kind of interesting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    they could announce Joaquin Phoenix as basically any DC character and I'd immediately be down

Aquaman, Catwoman, Mogo

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think it looks interesting, that makeup isn't my favourite but I'm guessing that's not the look for "The Joker".

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

It's a prequel to Gotham

• Options

It's a prequel to Gotham

no movie could be that perfect

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Heroes in Crisis has added two issues, from 7 to 9, and added Lee Weeks as one of the artists, replacing Clay Mann on issue 3.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    they could announce Joaquin Phoenix as basically any DC character and I'd immediately be down

Aquaman, Catwoman, Mogo

Cast Joaquin Phoenix as Jonah Hex and get James Mangold to direct.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Aquaman, Catwoman, Mogo

Cast Joaquin Phoenix as Jonah Hex and get James Mangold to direct.

TOM.JANE IS RIGHT THERE

• Options

I never realized how much I wanted to know what Paul Verhoeven thinks about Batman's dick

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is Kris Straub on texting terms with Paul goddamn Verhoeven

• Options
    Well, Twitter DMs at least

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

That's texting

• Options
    Okay grandpa

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I was initially confused about that relationship before I learned that he's not Robocop Director Paul Verhoeven, but Australian Comedian Paul Verhoeven

• Options
    Well I dont care what he thinks about Batman's peener at all!

I've been duped!!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    And he gets a check mark???

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    It's still a perfectly salient Bruce Wayne Dick Take tho

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

That's texting
    Are we all texting right now?

Am I krumping??

• Options
    Well I dont care what he thinks about Batman's peener at all!

I've been duped!!!!

way to go, dingus

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BC reports that the deaths in Heroes in Crisis #1 are
    Blue Jay, Hot Spot, Arsenal, Lagoon Boy, Citizen Steel

And Wally West

That last one has to be some kind of fakeout

There is absolutely no way they kill off Wally just 2 years after bringing him back as the heart and soul of the DCU, especially after the events of Flash War.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    BC reports that the deaths in Heroes in Crisis #1 are

And Wally West

That last one has to be some kind of fakeout

There is absolutely no way they kill off Wally just 2 years after bringing him back as the heart and soul of the DCU, especially after the events of Flash War.

That is some hot horseshit and i will single handily riot in the downtown streets of Vancouver Central City!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

This discussion has been closed.