As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's a very useable Hallowfire.

If only Hallowfire's stats weren't such a dumpster fire. 2 mobility, yuck.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    You'll note the rolls on both arms are exactly the same.

Xur has a set of 1 roll per slot that gets used on every piece of gear he sells. It's always the same every week afaik.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I actually got my second light seed from the Oracle chest thinger. But what I really want is that sparkly shader.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Hot damn, I got two strike catalysts back to back. One from a nightfall last night, one from a strike today. Prometheus Lens and Riskrunner.

These are also the only strike catalysts I've ever gotten.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I actually got my second light seed from the Oracle chest thinger. But what I really want is that sparkly shader.

what shader?
    shryke wrote: »

Xur has a set of 1 roll per slot that gets used on every piece of gear he sells. It's always the same every week afaik.

I've gotten duplicates of a couple exotics (I want to say the void lock helm and stomp-eez) not from Xur, but they've had the same perks. I concluded that while Forsaken dropped exotic armors have perks, they weren't random.

But I guess not? I'm really not clear on it.

Unrelated, I'm really torn on the whole Dreaming City cycle thing. It's neat and it has the potential to make things stay interesting, longer...

However gating off non-event content to a once a month thing is really uncool. Maybe I just need to change my mindset and treat the Shattered Throne like IB or something.

I just don't like the idea of PvE content being only accessible during restricted amounts of time. That feels shitty. People were complaining about the power level curve as it related to Last Wish, but this, to me, seems like a much harsher and unfriendly choice.

Yeah, with potential RNG shittery and stuff, folks might only have a couple months of top tier relevance of Last Wish (and even that is debatable, because we don't really know what will be in the content drops that are coming), but this new thing? It means that you will only have 4 opportunities to do this at all before whatever comes next.

And, to top it off, the power level requirements are well above even Last Wish! I don't get why it isn't ruffling more feathers. Maybe because everyone is so furious about the absurdly stupid RNG shit with the Gambit boss, and what a shitshow it has turned Gambit into?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Maybe Blueshift Dreams with the totally rad water shimmer effect

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Maybe Blueshift Dreams with the totally rad water shimmer effect

I thought maybe that, but I wouldn't classify it as "sparkly" so I was wondering if there was an actual sparkly one.

Because that would be awesome.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I’m not complaining anymore because it seems that we have collectively decided that Forsaken: Part Time Job Simulator in Space is a good thing

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    oh, I'm spoilering this because I dont know if we're still spoilering or not.
    I was referring to the shimmering stars of Mara's outfit.

Blueshift is more of a ripple, imo.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    oh, I'm spoilering this because I dont know if we're still spoilering or not.
    I was referring to the shimmering stars of Mara's outfit.

Blueshift is more of a ripple, imo.

Is that an actual shader, though? Or just something you'd like?

EDIT: I dorked around in the spoiler thingy last night for quite awhile seeing if I could find an OOB point on my own (I'm sure someone has found it, just wanted to see if I could) and thought the exact same thing.

Also wondering if maybe we will see any armor sets with a style like the outfit (Petra's is nearly the same).

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I’m not complaining anymore because it seems that we have collectively decided that Forsaken: Part Time Job Simulator in Space is a good thing

We certainly have not, there is a large contingent of us that would like it to go back to Fun Times In Space with Magic And Guns But Sometimes I Do Other Things With My Life Simulator. We've just gotten tired of having the same fight in the same way so we've gone dark.

But we're always watching.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Well okay, if you wander into Blind Well when 4 other people are there chaining Tier 4s...you might get some upgrades.

2 +9s in different slots, Seed of Light, Petra weekly for Blind Well done, and 17/25 for the exotic quest taken minibosses/bosses done because hot damn are there are lot of taken minibosses there.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Well okay, if you wander into Blind Well when 4 other people are there chaining Tier 4s...you might get some upgrades.

2 +9s in different slots, Seed of Light, Petra weekly for Blind Well done, and 17/25 for the exotic quest taken minibosses/bosses done because hot damn are there are lot of taken minibosses there.

I assume from prime engrams?

I'm curious as to why people would chain T4's, since you get nothing after the first completion that week.

Just because of the minibosses for primes I guess? Do they go out of their way to kill all the oranges before the boss, or?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Faster to finish the Blind Well bounty Petra has

It's 30% for the Tier 3, then 30% for the Unstable, if you have plenty of people you can blow through it, then some people probably leave and more people come in and just keep going

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018

I'm curious as to why people would chain T4's, since you get nothing after the first completion that week.

Just because of the minibosses for primes I guess? Do they go out of their way to kill all the oranges before the boss, or?

The +9s seemed to be drops from the chest at the end, since my prime engram was already waiting to be turned in and I had no attunement left? Unless there's a completion reward or auto-decrypt primes drop from minibosses or something.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I don't take too many screenshots but (most recent offering spoilers)
    Mara's throne world was pretty cool:
    2iak54opmngt.jpg

aqfd5dsk3x64.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2018

what shader?

I've gotten duplicates of a couple exotics (I want to say the void lock helm and stomp-eez) not from Xur, but they've had the same perks. I concluded that while Forsaken dropped exotic armors have perks, they weren't random.

But I guess not? I'm really not clear on it.

I've only gotten 1 Y2 exotic armour drop and it does not have the same perks as the stuff Xur sells.

Not sure if a second copy of it dropped if it would have the same perks though.

shryke on
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    I've seen a lot of stuff from you guys who've been playing for a while so just wanted to give some perspective from a new player. It's entirely possible that my views are effected from years of playing multiple MMOs, some of which were much more grindy. And as always, these are just opinions.

I'm sitting at around 20 masterwork cores since I only started a few weeks ago, but I don't really plan to use them until I'm max light. Just for the most part will roll with what I have unless I need to gear up for a raid attempt. (Or if I've been forced to have a scatterhorn mask in my inventory that I can't immediately burn into shards.) I would agree though that infusions shouldn't cost the cores as they seem too rare of a drop currently. The other costs I'm fine with or would be ok with them increasing to replace masterwork cores.

The high raid gear requirements haven't really bothered me. I think it would have been better to introduce the raid a week later or to have 2 different light level modes on release. Just spouting numbers, low at 530 normal as released. (Ideally with an extra mechanic or something as well for the difficult one.)

IB power disparity is nice to have a mode with LL matters in PvP. I think the rewards should also be better or at least more unique.

I also understand about the Y2 exotic drop rate, but since every exotic drop is basically a new item to me it hasn't effected me personally. In the same vein switching around weapon loadouts is also fine since it's still all shiny to me. If I've been playing with a preferred set up for a year and now you're forced me to spend endless cores to maintain that setup that I enjoy, that'd be an issue.

My main complaints have just been UI related:

-Why can't I view and pull from shaders in my collection while I'm looking at the item? Similarly, why can't I pull out shaders in bulk?
    -Why do I have to unequip both items if I'm infusing?
    -Why isn't there a guild voice channel that you can opt into on console?

This I'd like to see in the future:

-A longer public event chain that needs many guardians and bigger rewards. Think EP or Blind Well, except it's taking back Dreaming City from the Skorn or Taken. Initially only one area is open at a time and you need small teams completing different events simultaneously which all work together then take down a boss and move into the next area. Either a whole map that resets on a timer or a daily/weekend event time. (Admittedly borrowing heavily from GW2 with their map wide events in Heart of Thorns)
    -More gear
    -More maps similar to Dreaming City with a focus on exploration and difficulty.
    -Different PvEvP modes like Gambit. I know Gambit is the new thing, but I think it opens up a lot of design space in the future.
    -A Battle Royal mode....yeah just kidding, no thank you

Overall I've had a great experience in all modes (Crucible, Gambit, PVE) and like the fact that to get the most LL I need to engage in different activities.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    SuperRuper wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of stuff from you guys who've been playing for a while so just wanted to give some perspective from a new player. It's entirely possible that my views are effected from years of playing multiple MMOs, some of which were much more grindy. And as always, these are just opinions.

I'm sitting at around 20 masterwork cores since I only started a few weeks ago, but I don't really plan to use them until I'm max light. Just for the most part will roll with what I have unless I need to gear up for a raid attempt. (Or if I've been forced to have a scatterhorn mask in my inventory that I can't immediately burn into shards.) I would agree though that infusions shouldn't cost the cores as they seem too rare of a drop currently. The other costs I'm fine with or would be ok with them increasing to replace masterwork cores.

The high raid gear requirements haven't really bothered me. I think it would have been better to introduce the raid a week later or to have 2 different light level modes on release. Just spouting numbers, low at 530 normal as released. (Ideally with an extra mechanic or something as well for the difficult one.)

IB power disparity is nice to have a mode with LL matters in PvP. I think the rewards should also be better or at least more unique.

I also understand about the Y2 exotic drop rate, but since every exotic drop is basically a new item to me it hasn't effected me personally. In the same vein switching around weapon loadouts is also fine since it's still all shiny to me. If I've been playing with a preferred set up for a year and now you're forced me to spend endless cores to maintain that setup that I enjoy, that'd be an issue.

-Why can't I view and pull from shaders in my collection while I'm looking at the item? Similarly, why can't I pull out shaders in bulk?

-A longer public event chain that needs many guardians and bigger rewards. Think EP or Blind Well, except it's taking back Dreaming City from the Skorn or Taken. Initially only one area is open at a time and you need small teams completing different events simultaneously which all work together then take down a boss and move into the next area. Either a whole map that resets on a timer or a daily/weekend event time. (Admittedly borrowing heavily from GW2 with their map wide events in Heart of Thorns)
    -More gear
    -Different PvEvP modes like Gambit. I know Gambit is the new thing, but I think it opens up a lot of design space in the future.

Overall I've had a great experience in all modes (Crucible, Gambit, PVE) and like the fact that to get the most LL I need to engage in different activities.

You don't. Click on the item you want to infuse up - the first node will be an infusion node- select the item from the list of items available and then infuse it into the item you are currently on. This can be done while the item is equipped.

Edit - As to your first set of comments- I agree. If you come from an MMO background Destiny's "grind" is rather low key all things considered. The issue is just that the game cuts across so many subsection of gamers that it brings in large quantities of people with different backgrounds that want very different things from the game.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

-More gear

You don't. Click on the item you want to infuse up - the first node will be an infusion node- select the item from the list of items available and then infuse it into the item you are currently on. This can be done while the item is equipped.

Yeah, only the higher level item you are infusing into the other item can't be equipped. And that's because you can't ever not be carrying an item or the game does crazy shit.

• Options
    As for the shader system, it's because under the original system shaders were all consumables you had to "farm" as a way to get us to pay for shaders from eververse. They basically fixed this system for Y2 by putting shaders into the collection but they didn't actually change the way the shader system works so it's still designed around the assumption that your shaders are always just stored in your inventory.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I didn't have a Power weapon equipped when the weapon slot change happened, things were not very crazy unfortunately

edit - maybe it gets crazy if you're missing an armor piece?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018

-More gear

I envy your position regarding exotics. Enjoy it. You've got a slew of exotics with the benefit of a year of tuning and re-doing, on top of now perks; so every engram, every Xur, will feel like christmas!

I was totally ok with the power mattering in IB, I just think that if it's going to matter, it should also provide a means to correct that difference if you're below your opponent (i.e. powerful drops, like IB used to do in D1 by the end). The changes to the bounties in future ones will help that. Plus, by the next IB, even casual-ish players should be getting high enough power that the difference is going to be much smaller, and the need for catch-up will be much lower.

The masterwork on infusion thing, IMO anyway, comes largely from the fact that for years now (both D1 and D2) pretty pretty dress up guardian has become just as important to most players as the actual power of any given gear. It has been incredibly jarring to shift gears into "no, now I have to look like a hobo equipping every god awful thing that is higher power, because so much more of the content has a much steeper power curve/requirement" because players simply cannot afford to infuse the gear the want to. This was further reinforced by the Y1 method of rerolling your armor to be the type you wanted so you could look good and have the stats you want. This was all, functionally, taken away in Forsaken, coupled with the steep costs (including the Cores, with their relative rarity) and lack of customization, that it is super jarring. EDIT: To be clear, I like that power level actually matters now. It is the first time possibly in the history of Destiny, where it actually feels like power level makes a difference in gameplay.

And the cynic in me can't help but see them slightly budging on the cores thing, however minorly, because, as expected, players who had banked cores spent them pretty freely before realizing what was happening, and the stock of things is probably leveling to a point Bungie prefers, so they're willing to adjust core income now that their resource dumps had their effect.

Complaints:
    -Reddit is constantly hammered with massive threads about that specific Shader request. Don't worry, you're not alone. Shaders in D2, just generally, have been among the most baffling of all the QoL aspects of the game, and continue to be even with the improvements in Forsaken.
    -You don't have to unequip something if you're infusing into it. But if you're infusing what you've got equipped, yeah that won't work. Can't have an empty slot, if for no other reason than to prevent exploits (this was a thing!) But it's always been like that. Logically it kind of makes sense that you can't put the armor on your body into something else while you're still in it.
    -Oh man don't even try to figure out Clans. Every aspect of what they have, and don't, is just head scratchers

Wants:
    -lots of people ask for this sort of thing, and this is just my personal speculation, but the reason why it won't happen, at least not maybe until D3, is wholly technical. D2 uses a modified D1 engine, which was already a monster, and when you get more than 6 people in any activity (including finagling the system for EP and BW) things start getting pretty fragile, particularly on consoles. Their engine just can't handle it. So no matter how many times people make the perfectly reasonable request to maybe make larger fireteams in patrol, or make it easier to get more than 5/6 people into events, and no matter how many times they "pass along this feedback", it isn't going to happen. They just can't.
    -Yes.
    -In theory this is what the "bubbles" will be with the upcoming content drops with the annual pass. We shall see though. Dreaming City, from a content perspective (putting aside issues of time investment and such), has been fairly overwhelmingly positive. So I think they get it.
    -I'd like them to fix the issues around Gambit before trying to broaden the gametype. It can be fun, but it can also be pure hell; it just still needs a lot of work and balancing. After that, sure, by all means expand on the idea
    -no.

:P

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    2iak54opmngt.jpg

aqfd5dsk3x64.jpg

This expansion is really really pretty. I only took one screenshot from there and I need more next time.

• Options

The +9s seemed to be drops from the chest at the end, since my prime engram was already waiting to be turned in and I had no attunement left? Unless there's a completion reward or auto-decrypt primes drop from minibosses or something.

Huh, strange. Any time I've done T4 after my first the chest has just been empty. Maybe some glimmer. Not even blues.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I didn't have a Power weapon equipped when the weapon slot change happened, things were not very crazy unfortunately

edit - maybe it gets crazy if you're missing an armor piece?

It mostly has to do with light level of your drops ending up higher than it should be resulting in faster leveling. Needless to say, they work real hard to avoid that being something players can trigger. As it is, your power slot would get filled just as soon as a power weapon dropped for you and was autoequipped.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    apparently if you do a very specific set of dumb things you can render your character unplayable:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9jow2w/there_is_currently_a_bug_that_will_make_your/

Dont do these things:

You get a new bounty as a random drop (disabling gear, etc)
    You have a full pursuits tab and nowhere for the bounty to go
    The bounty drop goes to the postmaster because your pursuits page is full
    You leave that bounty at the postmaster until it expires.

Not that I think any of you would because thats pretty insane. But just in case.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Oh hey, Xur has a Hallowfire Heart with perks. I can stop slumming it with my Y1 then.

Skullfort next pls!

Or, you know, better, would be for the exotics I already have in my collection to have perks, because I already collected them! :rotate:

EDIT: olol an Aeon piece. Cruel.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    apparently if you do a very specific set of dumb things you can render your character unplayable:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9jow2w/there_is_currently_a_bug_that_will_make_your/

Dont do these things:

You get a new bounty as a random drop (disabling gear, etc)
    You have a full pursuits tab and nowhere for the bounty to go
    The bounty drop goes to the postmaster because your pursuits page is full
    You leave that bounty at the postmaster until it expires.

Not that I think any of you would because thats pretty insane. But just in case.

That's not that far fetched a scenario honestly. My pursuits tab fills up frequently. The timing on getting a random drop one and having it go to the postmaster is rare but not THAT rare. And for most of the scenarios where it does happen you've got only 24 hours to get that bounty out of there or you are fucked.

• Options
    Oh hey, Xur has a Hallowfire Heart with perks. I can stop slumming it with my Y1 then.

Skullfort next pls!

Or, you know, better, would be for the exotics I already have in my collection to have perks, because I already collected them! :rotate:

The exotics in your collection do have perks.

• Options
    edited September 2018

Skullfort next pls!

wat

EDIT: I mean Y2 randomornot perks, not just their basic perks they had before.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options

Skullfort next pls!

wat

Exotics from the collection have the new perks. Even the ones in your inventory when 2.0 dropped got them. Like Skullfort is hand cannon targetting and special ammo finder as I remembe.r
    Xur sells exotics with a different roll. Always the same for each slot but it's a roll unique to him as a vendor.
    And world drop exotics get their own different random roll. (or so it seems anyway, I haven't gotten duplicates to drop to confirm that)

• Options

Skullfort next pls!

wat

Exotics from the collection have the new perks. Even the ones in your inventory when 2.0 dropped got them. Like Skullfort is hand cannon targetting and special ammo finder as I remembe.r
    Xur sells exotics with a different roll. Always the same for each slot but it's a roll unique to him as a vendor.
    And world drop exotics get their own different random roll. (or so it seems anyway, I haven't gotten duplicates to drop to confirm that)

Fair enough, I guess. I meant the choosable random ones, that I'm not 100% are random, not the set gimmies. But it is true they've all got added perks from their perkless Y1 versions.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

Skullfort next pls!

wat

The collections exotics have perks beyond the basic stat switch, but they are all locked rolls.

Any that drop out in the world will have multiple random choices. Warlock transversive steps from the collection doesn’t have traction, and a world drop can, increasing its value immensely.

Saying they have the new perks from the collections is boardering on misleading. They are straight up worse from the collection in nearly all cases

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »

Skullfort next pls!

wat

The collections exotics have perks beyond the basic stat switch, but they are all locked rolls.

Any that drop out in the world will have multiple random choices. Warlock transversive steps from the collection doesn’t have traction, and a world drop can, increasing its value immensely.

Saying they have the new perks from the collections is boardering on misleading. They are straight up worse from the collection in nearly all cases

It's not misleading at all. They have new perks. That is 100% true and directly relevant to the point. The collection having one fixed roll, Xur another and then random drops from the world being, well, random is even the kind of thing Destiny has done before and still does right now, with vendors selling specific rolls of certain guns. They don't necessarily have the best rolls but that's just standard to and was in Destiny 1 as well.

"I don't like the roll the collection has" =/= "the collection exotics don't have new perks"
    Pretending those mean the same thing? That's actually misleading.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Is a Fated Engram considered to be a "World Drop" for re-rolled armor exotics?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Is a Fated Engram considered to be a "World Drop" for re-rolled armor exotics?

Huh. Interesting question. I've never tried since I literally only bought one to get my Borealis a few weeks ago.

I should give that a try.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Meant to mention that I got that Skullfort ornament the other night and hooooooooooooooo yes, that's like the one ornament I really wanted.

Granted, I don't think it's as flashy or cool as default Skullfort, but.... it's unique! So I'm wearing it.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    2iak54opmngt.jpg

aqfd5dsk3x64.jpg

/pushes glasses up nose
    That's Mara's Court, not her throne world - that's found in the dungeon.

But her Court is located in Unknown Space just like the Replacement Lighthouse, which could be interesting

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Recent dreaming city stuff
    Going through the oracle engine into maras fancy chair was extremely cool and exactly the sort of trippy bullshit I want out of destiny

I almost wish the recent content wasn’t so excellent, then I could quit this part time job

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
This discussion has been closed.