As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    There's currently a 90% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday for my corner of LA. I am so excited for thunderstorms, they're one of the things I miss most about the midwest.

I don't look forward to the city totally freaking out because of the rain. Traffic will be monstrous.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    It's that time again, my friends,
    We hoped the cold would never end
    Alas, the Earth is disinclined to acquiesce to our request

Hello, Summer heat thread, how ya doin'? I'm doing terrible, I've run out of shorts.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I may have posted this last year https://youtu.be/KGqjS4Xz4NQ

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It is consistently in the 90s now, with the humidity being very high or it just straight up raining everyday. Fuck summer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm not

• Options
    The length of California's summer sucks but it's really not that bad right now in the shade. No matter how hot it gets here, at least it's not humid.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    We moved in November last year

And we're in a fully concrete, half basement suite, with high-level windows

The apartment is so well insulated that there's like a 5 degree difference year round. We leave the heaters off in the winter and barely have to open the windows in summer

It's so nice

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm in maine

I still can't escape temperatures in the 90s =/

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    #pipe wrote: »
    We moved in November last year

And we're in a fully concrete, half basement suite, with high-level windows

The apartment is so well insulated that there's like a 5 degree difference year round. We leave the heaters off in the winter and barely have to open the windows in summer

It's so nice

I want to say fuck you, but that's just out of jealousy.

It's 7pm and cloudy with a light drizzle right now. 89(31c) degrees but feels like 97(36c).

Kaplar on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    We have to run two dehumidifiers nonstop because if we don't it gets over 90% humidity in our apartment and our furniture starts to rot and clothes smell bad. It is not great.

• Options
    update: I have removed my shirt.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Pics or it didn't happen

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am curious about dehumidifiers. My girlfriend seems to want to leave the windows open a lot of the time so I’m guessing we probably will need something.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    chromdom wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen

Alright, here are some pics:
    48ldhym79mp3.gif

6azlk8rxco14.png

fjstm652g2ux.jpg

As you can see, I have pics, therefore it happened. Now,

6ucg3svldp39.gif

Elaro on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    this isn't the hot or not reboot thread

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't have air conditioning so I just suffer and sweat my ass off
    I found out about 5 years ago that the inner walls of the house were not insulated or very minimally done because of something else

• Options
    this isn't the hot or not reboot thread

I know, but these forumers don't listen, do they?
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I don't have air conditioning so I just suffer and sweat my ass off
    I found out about 5 years ago that the inner walls of the house were not insulated or very minimally done because of something else

Hey, I heard that if you do 100 push-ups, sit-ups, squats and run 10 km everyday, you'll be able to defeat anything in one punch!

• Options
    I do situps for 3 minutes the same for pushups power squats and I used to walk/jog several miles a day
    I still do the first stuff

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I do situps for 3 minutes the same for pushups power squats and I used to walk/jog several miles a day
    I still do the first stuff

You'll never lose all your hair like that.

• Options
    I barely have body hair

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    It has been 90s to low triple digits here in NC. So far pretty average July weather. (June was actually quite nice.)

edit: while I hate hot weather growing up in a house without AC kind of taught me how to deal with it.

Gundi on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    When I was a kid my parents wouldn't then the AC on unless it was crazy humid or over 90. Now my dad has the AC on all the time. The jerk. Of course it's also always humid as Fuck out these past few summers

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    When I was a kid my parents wouldn't then the AC on unless it was crazy humid or over 90. Now my dad has the AC on all the time. The jerk. Of course it's also always humid as Fuck out these past few summers

My dad hated when I ran the heat in my room. If it was above 62 it was a waste of energy to him.

I went down to florida to visit them a few years ago. It was 70. They had the heat on 76.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    to be fair old people get cold real easy

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I’m in NYC today, had a 1 day work trip that I turned into a weekend visit.

It is balls hot and humid. I walked from Pen station to hotel at Central Park and I’m sure I lost a couple kilos.

I don’t know how you folks in the southern states are surviving, you have my condolences.

To be fair I flew in from Toronto and it was also muggy and gross.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Greetings from the Florida panhandle.

It hot

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Suppose to be in the 87-92% humidity range. My wife describe the outside air and heavy today.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Apparently Anchorage, Alaska hit 90 today, which is blowing my mind.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    My company operates tourism open top buses. There are a nonzero number of people who ask if there’s air conditioning. Some of our vehicles are half-covered in the front for rain. You get many people who see the cover as shade and thus must be cooler than outside. Until you realize it’s basically a greenhouse with no ventilation unlike outside. Still a lot of people who will suffer in there at 90+f heat instead of chilling out with the breeze.

People can be dumb

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    My paint boiled
    09nhliytmji2.png

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I am ready. I am ready to die. This heat has sapped my will and my ardor and I have nothing left.

I will go lay down in a parking lot and I will become jerky. It is the circle of life.

For real the ac in the gym was off and I was sweating so much I started getting cramps.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I drove around with the roof open windows down today. Barely used the AC at home or in the car all year so far.

However, I know it won't last. Soon, we'll get the heat, smog, and probably smoke once California catches on fire.

Weaver on
  • Options
    I'm surprised California isn't on fire yet.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The high in Baxter, MN today was 79.

• Options
    That what it was at 2am last night here
    It's raining so it's 78

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It felt hotter. When you spend 3/4 of the year in the 50's and below, 79 feels downright steamy.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm surprised California isn't on fire yet.

it's been a really long, wet spring for northern nevada, at least.
    everything is still green going into july, which is unprecedented.
    the weather has been nice, not really much over 90, and the humidity has remained relatively high.
    things have been lush, and green, and nice.

...so as soon as it dries out we're completely, utterly boned.
    everything will catch fire in august, and we will certainly all die.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It was extremely humid here for most of the day, but then the usual Saturday thunderstorm hit and now it's very pleasant.

• Options
    My dad helped me change the back breaks on my car this morning. At *;45 it was already 80 degrees and like 80% humidity. I didn't know I could sweat this much.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    My dad helped me change the back breaks on my car this morning. At *;45 it was already 80 degrees and like 80% humidity. I didn't know I could sweat this much.

you sweated so hard you broke time!

This discussion has been closed.