As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    The wait is killing me. But it does seem they're trying hard to get it out asap.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    As someone who jumps in and out of various f2p games, I never know if I should wait to play the content after the bugs are cleared, or jump in immediately to exploit said bugs.

Truly, a question for the ages.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    As someone who jumps in and out of various f2p games, I never know if I should wait to play the content after the bugs are cleared, or jump in immediately to exploit said bugs.

The nice thing with Warframe is that the content is more modular than most other games. If something still needs work then you can pretty safely ignore it until it's fixed without any issues.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    TOGSolid wrote: »

The nice thing with Warframe is that the content is more modular than most other games. If something still needs work then you can pretty safely ignore it until it's fixed without any issues.

Like for me as far as I am concerned not having infinite use archwing launchers was a bug, so I just mostly ignored cetus and the plains. Once they fix that I will be diving in more thoroughly.

Also hydroid prime is done and I wish I still had a Zarr just go for full pirate mode. Still pretty cool though.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Like for me as far as I am concerned not having infinite use archwing launchers was a bug, so I just mostly ignored cetus and the plains. Once they fix that I will be diving in more thoroughly.

Also hydroid prime is done and I wish I still had a Zarr just go for full pirate mode. Still pretty cool though.

Infinite Archwing is already live.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

Infinite Archwing is already live.

Not on console.

• Options

Can confirm the Zarr is a lot of fun on Hydroid Prime just for general ARRRRRRRR purposes. It's not the most optimal weapon for taking advantage of his 4 but, eh, fun > efficiency. I'm using the Pyrana Prime as a visual stand in as a hand cannon musket but need to farm up Nami Skyla Prime still, though.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Infinite Archwing on console is now live and implemented - I discovered this yesterday, having emerged from my RDR2 basement in a haze, and needing some much needed fast paced shooting after the (enjoyable) slow burn of Rockstar's latest.

• Options
    Yeah I was literally coming back to say that I spoke too soon. Just got the update on my ps4. Too bad I do not have any real free time to play for 2 more weeks.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Baro has brought...all the heat/status mods plus primed quickdraw and primed pistol ammo mutation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Can confirm the Zarr is a lot of fun on Hydroid Prime just for general ARRRRRRRR purposes. It's not the most optimal weapon for taking advantage of his 4 but, eh, fun > efficiency. I'm using the Pyrana Prime as a visual stand in as a hand cannon musket but need to farm up Nami Skyla Prime still, though.

Tog, you must know there's actual paired hand muskets, right? I wouldn't fault you for not using them, though they're pretty decent.

latest?cb=20161113000420

Twin Rogga

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Baro has brought...all the heat/status mods plus primed quickdraw and primed pistol ammo mutation.

Unimpressed.

The full Eos Prime set is back (with set discount), which is nice.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

Tog, you must know there's actual paired hand muskets, right? I wouldn't fault you for not using them, though they're pretty decent.

latest?cb=20161113000420

Twin Rogga

The weapon variety is pretty nice in this game. I would still like to see something akin to a belt fed light machine gun though. In the past few fps games I have played I have gravitated towards them for the outlandish magazine size. The Soma prime and a few other weapons have the clip size, but the visual is all wrong.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Gorgon or supra?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I suspect the thing Furlion really wants is to use the Grattler while out of archwing, which may happen?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Baro bring disappointment even for newer players this weekend. Though the Prisma Gorgon can be worth picking up I guess.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    metaghost wrote: »
    I suspect the thing Furlion really wants is to use the Grattler while out of archwing, which may happen?

I'm with Furlion. I think what we're all looking for is something like this:

https://youtu.be/GimvJq-AO4s?t=5
    (Different video, because reasons)

Before I came to Warframe, I mostly mained a soldier in The Old Republic. I love those hip-held oversized blaster guns, and I think we can all agree Warframe needs some similar options.

I love my Soma, Tenora, Supra, and Gorgon, but it's just not the same.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I don't know, 300 ducats (or corresponding plat) is a lot easier to farm up than directly pulling Scattering Inferno. After getting Shell Shock from Baro's last visit I think this is a great follow up, and it'll complete my status Tigris!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Gorgon or supra?

Neither of them really hit the mark. I have leveled almost every primary weapon in the game and none of them really hit that belt fed ridiculously oversized sweet spot.

Before I came to Warframe, I mostly mained a soldier in The Old Republic. I love those hip-held oversized blaster guns, and I think we can all agree Warframe needs some similar options.

The gattling gun is nice but I mean something more like the M249. Something fired from low on the hip with the intent to sling a massive amount of metal at the enemy in a very short time.

Edit actually though a spool up weapon that actually spun would be really cool as well. I know there are some with that trigger type in the game, but none of them have the multiple spinning barrels except the grattler.

furlion on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I don't know, 300 ducats (or corresponding plat) is a lot easier to farm up than directly pulling Scattering Inferno. After getting Shell Shock from Baro's last visit I think this is a great follow up, and it'll complete my status Tigris!

Scattering Inferno isn't anywhere near as rare as Shell Shock. It comes from multiple planets instead of just one and people farm spy missions for Ivara parts and create a ready supply of the dual stat fire mods as a result. Plus it takes 5-10 minutes to run a spy mission while hitting all 3 caches in Hive Sabotage for a chance at Shell Shock can take 20-30. If you already are done with Ivara farming and never want to see another spy mission again (which is my policy outside of sorties and some alerts) you're much better off just trading for the mod from a player instead of buying it off of Baro.

I'd be very surprised if someone in this thread didn't have an extra one they could send your way for a much lower asking price than Baro.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I have all the fire mods that Baro is currently offering. I don't remember if I bought any from the market or not, but they aren't on the same level as Jolt for sure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Hmm that's good to know, but I didn't mean they're of comparable rarity, more that they're complementary purchases for people who don't want to farm. I see your point though and I may save my ducats for Paracesis.

• Options
    Hmm that's good to know, but I didn't mean they're of comparable rarity, more that they're complementary purchases for people who don't want to farm. I see your point though and I may save my ducats for Paracesis.

The shock dual stat mods are specifically rated as worthy buys from Baro due to their rarity. Half are a pain to farm, half only available from Baro anyway now. All the others are pretty cheap in terms of plat. You'd more than cover the cost if you traded away the prime parts to other players instead of converting them to ducats. 10 plat or less is a common price for them. In contrast, I spent 85 plat on shell shock the week before Baro showed up with those in tow.

Steam Profile
  • Options

latest?cb=20161113000420

Twin Rogga

Oh, I hadn't gotten around to even looking at those. I'll have to pick up a set for fashion frame reasons :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    My gun archetype that I'm surprised is so lacking in the game is the 9mm pistol archetype. Like there's the lato, and the lato variants, and then that's it, I think?

• Options
    Some sort of new communal ARG thingy is up: https://www.warframe.com/tightbeam

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    My gun archetype that I'm surprised is so lacking in the game is the 9mm pistol archetype. Like there's the lato, and the lato variants, and then that's it, I think?

The weaker but faster semi-auto pistol type has to compete with all the machine pistols. There are still some around but they start venturing into altered mechanics like Bolto having a projectile round or Zakti firing poison by default.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

They have mentioned that eventually they want to make you able to use Archwing weapons when on foot. The relevant part is at 1:45.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I mean they don't have to compete with machine pistols, they could just be somewhere in the middle ground between them and magnums.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I mean they don't have to compete with machine pistols, they could just be somewhere in the middle ground between them and magnums.

For whatever reason, probably aesthetics, the design team has gravitated towards revolvers as the middle ground between that Lato and hand cannons. Pandero and Vasto are both in the middle of the damage per shot range between the Lato and Lex. Most shooters have revolvers more as a novelty weapon and exaggerate the damage to make them stand out. This is one of the few non-Western shooters that treats them as a more mundane handgun type.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Yeah, from Ivara farming and doing missions where Vor appears I was able to get my hands on all the damage / status mods besides the elec ones. In several attempts at Hive, I saw zero of the electric / status ones.

Plus side, I guess Prisma Gorgon is a thing I might enjoy. I don't really remember it this way but I have a lot of time on Gorgon from the old days according to DE's logs.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »

Unimpressed.

The full Eos Prime set is back (with set discount), which is nice.
    Very nice.
    Eos is one of the sets I was looking at recently so having an opportunity so soon to buy a fancier version for other than plat is extra nice.

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I have been playing only Frost for over a month now. So pulling Nova out of the Foundry and beginning to level her up feels like I am moving at super speed.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Finally did all my rivens in a day. It was a mistake. Nothing particularly awesome, but all unrolled for a bunch of weapons I don't necessarily want - feel free to claim one (excluding Akmagnus/Boltor/Sicarus/Phantasma/Stubba)
    XTtM5l1.jpg

That leaves:

Bo
    Castanas
    Convectrix
    Ferrox
    Hystrix
    Miter
    Mutalist Quanta
    Seer
    Sonicor
    Veldt

Would consider a trade for some of the ones I'm keeping for myself, if someone has some good stuff to maybe trade with. (Also wouldn't mind knowing if one of these could potentially be worth a lot just based on the weapon type - still somewhat new to the riven trading game)

IGN (on PC): anywhere-anyone

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Phantasma is the big ticket I think. Rivens for new weapons go for $$$ for a bit regardless of stats.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »
    Finally did all my rivens in a day. It was a mistake. Nothing particularly awesome, but all unrolled for a bunch of weapons I don't necessarily want - feel free to claim one (excluding Akmagnus/Boltor/Sicarus/Phantasma/Stubba)
    XTtM5l1.jpg

That leaves:

Bo
    Castanas
    Convectrix
    Ferrox
    Hystrix
    Miter
    Mutalist Quanta
    Seer
    Sonicor
    Veldt

Would consider a trade for some of the ones I'm keeping for myself, if someone has some good stuff to maybe trade with. (Also wouldn't mind knowing if one of these could potentially be worth a lot just based on the weapon type - still somewhat new to the riven trading game)

IGN (on PC): anywhere-anyone

sonicor is quite popular, I'd keep it and see what you can get

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I decided to try Destiny 2, since it's free for a bit (I assume as an attempt to counter Fortuna). I get that they're both sci-fi shooters with super powers, but they feel like such different games. Warframe is obscure and grindy and glitchy / buggy and has difficulty spikes which can eventually be trivialized. Destiny 2 appears to have far fewer of those rough edges, but that means there's less variety and far fewer interesting choices.

If you want quality, straight ahead sci-fi shooting, Destiny's got it. Warframe is jankier, but has tons more variety in terms of weapons and powers and lets you get absurdly fast and strong if you're willing to do the homework and grinding (some of which can be skipped by trading / buying).

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's a thing I try to get across to people. They're different games! I always see "Oh Bungie is dead, play Warframe instead because Destiny is shit" or what-have-you and no! They're not the same at all!