As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tabletop Simulator] Now with more banana

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I changed my ISP so hopefully I won't have issues playing with anyone in the future, but I'm working late tonight. Next week should be fine, though.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm pst so that'll be when I'm eating dinner. Found out my gf is off work so going to try and set up a game of risk legacy with the fam.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I had a super cool couple games of Red Dragon Inn last night IRL. Today I found a super clean module for it.

Anyone want to try it tonight? Assuming I remember TTS night is a thing in like two hours anyways :P

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dealing with sick child; will be running late.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Playing now! Getting to the end of our first round of Red Dragon Inn, feel free to jump in. Password is the usual.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the game everyone, and special thanks to Ianator for running it. Red Dragon Inn was a lot of fun! I like the sense of humor, and I like how it moves pretty quick. There's not a ton of strategy and thinking carefully about your move, which keeps it light. I also like the combination of playing cards and using coins for the gambling. It actually kind of feels like a group of adventurers sitting in a tavern, drinking and playing cards while messing with each other. We'll definitely have to play that one again.

• Options
    Packed up for the night. Thanks to Sir Carcass, Elvenshae, Moridin and Auralynx for the games!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yep! Fun card game; I really like the deck differentiation by character.

Apologies for knocking our host and tutor out first; forgot that, unlike Innfighting, you don't just come right back in.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Was there ever any talk of trying a Gloomhaven or Kingdom Death campaign?

• Options
    edited November 2018
    MrBody wrote: »

Nope, but I would be totally down for it.

ED: Also, what's on-tap for tonight?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Okay, I'm available. Anyone else joining in this loverly evening?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm watching an empty room and hearing weird pokemon fetishes.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Hey, if loving Jigglypuff is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Also, thanks @Sir Carcass and @Moridin889 for letting me show off SW: Armada tonight, folks! It's one of my favorite games, and I just don't get a chance to get it to the table as often as I'd like. I'll post some highlight screenshots later. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Yeah, I enjoyed it, even though my TIE's were inept. I guess that fits the lore, though. I think my son would dig it, and I bought him a copy of TTS recently, so we can try it out now that I know how to play (and spawn stuff).

I've been playing around with this HeroQuest mod and it's pretty frickin' cool. I wouldn't mind giving it a try sometime. I think it would go pretty quick.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Nope, but I would be totally down for it.

ED: Also, what's on-tap for tonight?

I would as well. I started a gloomhaven group with some randoms from the steam forum and got decently into it before it fell apart. I was very sad. I haven't played a game in here yet with you fellows, but with a hard commit on days and times I would be available for something like that. I just normally game later as I'm PST

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, I enjoyed it, even though my TIE's were inept. I guess that fits the lore, though. I think my son would dig it, and I bought him a copy of TTS recently, so we can try it out now that I know how to play (and spawn stuff).

I've been playing around with this HeroQuest mod and it's pretty frickin' cool. I wouldn't mind giving it a try sometime. I think it would go pretty quick.

Man I had hero quest as a kid. Even wrote a big long campaign for it with multiple maps. Painted all my figurines, still even have the game in the box.

I've played it maybe twice in my life :(

*edit* I even had Dragonlance, the one that had a VHS tape with it.

RickRude on
  • Options
    RickRude wrote: »

Man I had hero quest as a kid. Even wrote a big long campaign for it with multiple maps. Painted all my figurines, still even have the game in the box.

Yeah, I only ever got to play it once as a kid, but it was really cool. That was my first introduction to D&D style gaming. This mod has different models for each piece (a plastic base with a card sticking up out of it, a solid color 3D model, and a colorized 3d model) so you can go with the feel you want. It has music, lighting, and weather effect controls for the DM. It has all of the expansion content, none of which I've ever seen. It's all laid out pretty well, too. The person who made it put in some serious time with it.

While I'm thinking about it, a neat feature of TTS we figured out last night is if you're holding a piece and trying to set it down in a particular spot that the shadow on the table isn't cutting it for (like touching another piece), while you're holding left click if you also hold right click, it will put the piece on the surface while you move it around.

• Options

DragonStrike_%28board_game%29.jpg

• Options

DragonStrike_%28board_game%29.jpg

I wonder if it's possible to play those types of games with the tablet and a video on YouTube. They should add a CRT TV that can play videos.

• Options
    Unfortunately, like 99% of board games invented before 2005, it has not aged well.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    This is the only one I ever played (and it was AWESOME):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDQ17bHE5A

Edit: Oh wait, I remember Dragon Strike now. Never played it, but I've seen this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTNnYkJwSNU

Edit 2: Welp: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1104403325

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    What I remember about Dragonstrike was that it wanted to be more like detailed D&D, but ended being even more deterministic than Hero Quest. Like, each character could only ever inflict one damage per round (except like a single one shot spell the wizard got that could do 2), and one scenario had a troll blocking a hall who regenerated one health per turn, making it numerically impossible to kill him with the one character who had split up, in an "trying to be more like D&D" scenario that was supposed to encourage more open ended thinking. So it forced to go "welp, back to moving and killing as a group like Hero Quest" in a system that ended up being more boring than Hero Quest while being more complicated.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    but hey, Hyper Reality (TM) rocked!

(getting old VHS story: if I dated a girl only a couple years younger than me, I'd tease that she was too young to possibly remember VHS/cassettes. "Of course I remember those!" Then it got to the point where the joke fell flat because some really didn't remember. Then it got to the point where one saw a movie DVD case on my table.

"You still have physical copies of movies?"

:? )

MrBody on
  • Options
    I've still got a VCR and a box of tapes in my closet. :P

• Options
    It seems none of us actually have played much of it, but is hero quest actually any good and worth playing ? Probably better to just play gloom haven I'm guessing.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hero Quest, like the old Milton Bradley game? Yeah Gloomhaven is like 1000x better.

• Options
    Hero Quest, like the old Milton Bradley game? Yeah Gloomhaven is like 1000x better.

That's the one we've been talking about.

Speaking of which, I'm totally down for a gloomhaven group. If we set dates and times to play I'll be there. I'm PST and the later the better for me.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I really like Gloomhaven a bunch and I’m very familiar with the rules, but is the whole thing up on TTS? Last time I looked it was just the first couple of missions.

• Options
    I really like Gloomhaven a bunch and I’m very familiar with the rules, but is the whole thing up on TTS? Last time I looked it was just the first couple of missions.

It's been awhile since I played it but the one I was using was really well done and had everything

• Options
    It seems none of us actually have played much of it, but is hero quest actually any good and worth playing ? Probably better to just play gloom haven I'm guessing.

Hero Quest was amazing back when you were a kid in the early 90s and your choice of game was either Monopoly or hardcore PnP D&D.

Today? Nooooooooo

• Options
    Anyone up for a game of something tonight?

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Yes!

• Options
    I'm probably in.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Going to be a little late - doing some insurance stuff.

• Options
    Okay! Let's go! :D

• Options
    Finishing dinner, will be on shortly.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you to @Ianator for helping me try out the Gloomhaven implementation on TTS!

Uh, folks? It's pretty good.

We rocked the first scenario despite (because of?) me messing up several rules at various points. I know there's more probably I got wrong, too, so I'll need to re-read the rulebook soonish.

92292D496F49FF3DCB47D57DC9E3F78BCBAAD852:D" alt="The initiative tracker thing works pretty well. It works even better when you actually set up the play are properly so that you can start and end rounds appropriately. Oops? :D" />

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Thank you to @Ianator for helping me try out the Gloomhaven implementation on TTS!

Uh, folks? It's pretty good.

We rocked the first scenario despite (because of?) me messing up several rules at various points. I know there's more probably I got wrong, too, so I'll need to re-read the rulebook soonish.

92292D496F49FF3DCB47D57DC9E3F78BCBAAD852:D" alt="The initiative tracker thing works pretty well. It works even better when you actually set up the play are properly so that you can start and end rounds appropriately. Oops? :D" />

Ya the implementation is very good, and in someways easier than a table top version of it. I fired it up the other night to show my GF. I don't think she's going to dig it. I had such a blast playing it, we got through quite a few missions before the group disbanded. I saw your post but figured I had missed it and was just about to eat dinner.

@elvenshae You forgot something witht that game. If you look at the bottom of the table, there's a "Place play area" or something like that. That's how you keep track of what elements are up and a couple of other things. It has area's for your cards for example and auto flips them when you begin the round.

RickRude on
  • Options
    Great game @Elvenshae and I would love to participate in a "real" Gloomhaven campaign!

Also I've been messing around with The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls and it looks like a suitable candidate for a game night (if not entirely appropriate for all ages).

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List