As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    TWAB is up early

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47452

i’ll withhold my comments

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2018
    We got a lot of feedback from players that they didn’t like splitting their progress toward the Crucible pinnacle quest. All these objectives use account wide constructs so players can complete these objectives on ANY character.

With the release of Destiny 2 Update 2.1.0 on November 27, all players who have access to the Last Wish raid will be able to claim its weekly bounty from Hawthorne in the Tower Bazaar.

Good shit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    while it's not a 200 rpm kinetic scout rifle... and there doesn't seem to be another in sight... the crucible pinnacle this time is... maybe... worth getting for me. IDK.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I love grenade launchers, that grenade launcher is kinetic so it could be paired with Luna, and that perk is really unique. I want it.

And I bet the crucible is gonna be lousy with people running Fighting Lion for the first time next season.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Breakneck sounds like it will be great. Loaded Question is... well, it's a (non-Telesto) fusion rifle. Interesting that its perk "Reservoir Burst" seems like the opposite of the old Final Round perk.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I appreciate the lack of "within a season" requirements for the Gambit and Vanguard rewards. I can work on those at my own pace!

I'll have to give Competitive a shot this season.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Wow. That nade launcher. Seems strange. Like it would make chaperone and the slug shotties useless since this thing can ohk body...

I’ll be playing season 5.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    ARH-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm in the club, boys! Thanks to everyone who helped me this season, and those who encouraged me to go into competitive last season and stick with it. I didn't get anything in S3, but it made me want to come back to this grind with more determination in S4.

8LEPzto.png

@Local H Jay ^^^^^^^^^^

Seems like everywhere I go, people are enjoying Luna's

Congrats man!

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Is there some kind of soft cap on daily Override Frequencies? I created and looted like 3, and now it doesn't give me the option to create any new ones (yes I have 4+ Stems).

edit: Just had an exotic engram in the post!

...Peacekeepers...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Can we field a full squad of Luna's yet? We should do such and break the enemy spirit.
    Also that Grenade Launcher looks dope and will be mine.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Pretty sure Booker and Duck have it as well, so we can probably pull off a 6 stack.

I'm kinda bummed I'm gonna finish the season around 3000 Glory. Granted it is a lot further than I thought i could get but, still so far from Not Forgotten. I can push to Mythic probably before the reset, but there's not much reason to as far as Triumphs/Quests.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Have I talked about how much I love bows?

GrouchyFrighteningDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

Where can I find one that’s not 150 levels below my LL?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The two bows I use are No Turning Back (Petra gives you) and a Subtle Calamity with a decent roll (Polymer String/Snapshot/Draw Time MW)

You just gotta infuse them up (and even then you don't -have- to even do that for general PvP/Comp)

• Options
    Anyone on PS4 have Luna’s? Am I alone over here?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The Gambit weapon is interesting but also pretty fucking stupid. It's Kinetic and so directly competes with the Gambit exotic. Which is kinda dumb.

If it's actually good it will basically solidify the meta as Breakneck->EP Shotgun->Exotic Heavy of choice for your role.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Is there some kind of soft cap on daily Override Frequencies? I created and looted like 3, and now it doesn't give me the option to create any new ones (yes I have 4+ Stems).

...Peacekeepers...

You either have an Override Frequency in your inventory already or you have one of the Nascent Dawn steps that acts as an Override Frequency.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

...Peacekeepers...

You either have an Override Frequency in your inventory already or you have one of the Nascent Dawn steps that acts as an Override Frequency.

Yeah, figured out it was the Nascent Dawn step that was stopping me, back on the Stem grind now!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm going to get as far as I can towards Luna this season and then we'll see how it goes next season. I'm psyched that so many people got it this season after the disaster that Redrix was last season.

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    We have 3 do we not?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Dskeut4XoAA0DWr.jpg

I've got one, @Dajoran has one, @AngryPuppy has one, and @Muffinatron and @Sousuke will have theirs by the end of the week

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    The account wide pinnacle stuff and the seeming lack of needing to grind out multiple rank resets in one season will likely get me back in the game.

I can't be bothered to invest that much time, or to bind my activities to one character, just to possibly fall short due to real life occurring.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Thoughts:
    1. Pinnacle rewards are very, very cool, and I'm glad to see more of them.
    2. That Avengers theme remix in the MOTW is getting me hyped up to watch Infinity War when it hits Netflix next month.
    3. Thank you to my dude @GoodKingJayIII for teaming up to provide a little guidance and firepower to make sure I got the Thunderlord questline done before Thanksgiving.
    4. Subsequently knocked out the rest of my Ace of Spades questline tonight. Two exotics in the span of a couple of hours, not bad!
    5. Went to knock out a few Competitive matches and get my Crucible weekly engram before logging, and on the fifth of five matches, I got a Trinity Ghoul drop and a Heart of Inmost Light drop (my first of each)!

Sure, I'll happily take four new exotics in a single play session! Thanks!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Anyone’s game ever freeze up and the sound glitches out and then your Xbox shuts off?

I hate that shit

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    @GMaster7 that’s a helluva night dude. Glad I could be a small part of it.

Great to play with some PA folks again and I hope I can tag along with more of you in the future. I’m only 504 light. But I’m getting there.

• Options
    Any chance I can get an Xbox crew for EP tonight? Really want to grind a bit on it to get some of the weapons (esp. Shotgun).

• Options
    I think the one thing I really want to see from Season 5 is more matches with unbalanced teams, no players with lunas/not forgottens/meta whatever, and fewer warm, wet toilet seat JIP matches with some combination of the aforementioned.

because it's extremely grating to keep getting put into these matches with diamond+ tier players ffs. This was a match on my Titan:

xo7r5vn5cagp.png

On my Titan and Warlock of the ten matches I've played it's thrown in Diamond/Platinum players seven times. I don't want to play with these people. Even if I hadn't stopped playing shortly after CoO came out, at best I would have been gold. Even then the meta would still make it obnoxious. Two of the matches I played today on my hunter had a master tier ELO players in them (as in, top 200 or whatever on Guardian.gg). While these matches aren't all unwinnable they take a massive dump down the throat of fun. gdi.

• Options
    Hit the jackpot tonight running EP with Booker and a couple blueberries. Got my shotgun in just a couple runs, and we kept going to try and get other people their drops.
    It's so niiiiice

• Options
    So, I finally did the no-doors kill for Kalli, and it makes sense to me why you would do it. It’s not great if you’re just doing the raid for a clear, but if you are speed running the raid or practicing for speed run strategies it’s the way to go.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So Mal and I played our first gambit match ever just now.

ipxtX0m.jpg?2

How do you guys feel about small or medium blockers?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »

Dskeut4XoAA0DWr.jpg

I've got one, @Dajoran has one, @AngryPuppy has one, and @Muffinatron and @Sousuke will have theirs by the end of the week

Well then why the heck weren’t we grouping up for comp?

I honestly didnt know we had pvp
    Focused players on our side!

I never tried for NF cause I figure you need a solid group for that. I’d love to try it next season if we can get a consistent group.

So far I’ve just been playing with my one buddy

616610-1.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Dskeut4XoAA0DWr.jpg

Well then why the heck weren’t we grouping up for comp?

I honestly didnt know we had pvp
    Focused players on our side!

I never tried for NF cause I figure you need a solid group for that. I’d love to try it next season if we can get a consistent group.

So far I’ve just been playing with my one buddy

For sure, that grenade launcher looks cool so I'm sure we'll be grinding comp next season as well, will be happy to group up

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Since I want to (probably pointlessly) take a shot at legend so I can upgrade to not forgotten, I may as well hit the grenade launcher quest on the way

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I would still love to see comp modes have adjusted round counts.

Best of three or first to three even.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Catalase wrote: »
    Since I want to (probably pointlessly) take a shot at legend so I can upgrade to not forgotten, I may as well hit the grenade launcher quest on the way

Yeah honestly at this point I’m half hoping the actual content for black armory is light so I can completely focus on comp next season

Getting fabled only took me like 5-6 good nights of playing but I didn’t get Luna’s till the back half of the season cause there was just too much to do

So I never really tried for legend

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Final Crucible match of the night:

zogqh7bozk4u.png

First Crucible match of the day (I left because there was no point in staying other than tanking my K/D):

8uw2l388nxn0.png

Literally matched against the 14th, 78th the 123rd highest ELO players and WHY AM I PLAYING THESE PEOPLE? FFS.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    So even if I boosted my character up to play Forsaken, if a daily mission shows up from one of the previous expansions, and I haven’t unlocked it, I can’t do it until I do?

• Options
    So even if I boosted my character up to play Forsaken, if a daily mission shows up from one of the previous expansions, and I haven’t unlocked it, I can’t do it until I do?

Nope. You won't have access to the activity. The same applies with heroic adventures.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i’m not sure you can play forsaken without completing the previous campaigns anyway

also they are the best way to boost up your character. story missions give ridiculous xp

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

i’m not sure you can play forsaken without completing the previous campaigns anyway

also they are the best way to boost up your character. story missions give ridiculous xp

The boost item does directly unlock Forsaken. A friend of mine was playing on PC and switched the PS4 for Forsaken. He could do Forsaken campaign stuff but not, for example, stuff on Mercury that wasn’t “finishing the CoO crap to unlock this”.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

The boost item does directly unlock Forsaken. A friend of mine was playing on PC and switched the PS4 for Forsaken. He could do Forsaken campaign stuff but not, for example, stuff on Mercury that wasn’t “finishing the CoO crap to unlock this”.

well then