Options

The [GIF] Thread is home to all, but will always be (NSF56K)

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    imagine being the first soldier ever to see an enemy tank coming toward you through no man's land

I have to imagine it was some combination of "what is that" shortly followed by the German language equivalent of "uh oh."

Course, it's not like tanks were the very first armored vehicles, or even the first tracked vehicles. Still, the British Mark I had to have been impressive and terrifying in equal measure.
    it only moved at like 12kmph or something like that

so, not that scary?

I'm pretty sure the yellow gas that made you drown in your own lung goo was a lot more terrifying

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    imagine being the first soldier ever to see an enemy tank coming toward you through no man's land

I have to imagine it was some combination of "what is that" shortly followed by the German language equivalent of "uh oh."

Course, it's not like tanks were the very first armored vehicles, or even the first tracked vehicles. Still, the British Mark I had to have been impressive and terrifying in equal measure.

so, not that scary?

I'm pretty sure the yellow gas that made you drown in your own lung goo was a lot more terrifying
    Something large, unkillable, and hostile coming at you slowly sounds pretty scary.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Teen Wolf Goes to War

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    cB557 wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

so, not that scary?

Something large, unkillable, and hostile coming at you slowly sounds pretty scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Watch the Netflix doco age of tanks.

Tanks were used stupidly and poorly the first few times from a tactics perspective, and were easily shelled from a distance, as well as being basically not bullet proof at all. but they were great propaganda for raising money on the Homefront, and gave soldiers a sense that finally something different was being done to end the war. For the western allies it also showed off their increasing materiel advantage over Germany and that the sea blockade was working to strangle Germany, as they couldn't produce a tenth of rhe tanks the British and French could.

And while they were pretty legit terrifying at first, despite being easily destroyed and used poorly, often German soldiers, exhausted by the time they were deployed, used them as an excuse to surrender. Basically they weren't as dangerous as shelling and machine guns, but it was something war weary soldiers could all get together with each other and say "hey I'm no coward, but come on, giant metal beasts we can't shoot? Let's surrender" and there was an initial kind of "fair enough"

Also the zippy little Renault two man tanks were fast as shit and really effective, they would have been freaky

Prohass on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Travelling.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    That basketball player's beard looks fake.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    RT800 wrote: »

Yeah, his hair/beard combo looks like the style options you'd see in pretty much every character creator ever

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

When he was in OKC, Harden was simply referred to as "The Beard." You could buy foam rubber beards from the same guys hawking jerseys, and they looked roughly as convincing as his.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

...dammit Bethesda?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    while you were partying, I studied the squeaky hammer

vZeTS9j.gif

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    I remember being upset that my transformers didn't transform themselves like in the ads on TV.
    This is a feeling of betrayal future generations will never have to feel:

• Options
    edited December 2018

some will say it's fake

also:

"Exact moment each world leader realizes Trump mis-signed new NAFTA agreement"

This was posted on r/watchpeopledie

Apparently there were 3 more places for other leaders to sign and he just went ahead and signed them all.

TheStig on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I wish we had Justin Trudeau instead of that giant hairless orangutan.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That look on Trudeau's face though - I could hear "The Sound Of Silence" start playing...

• Options
    I really wish he had looked into the camera and gave a Jim from the Office face. He was so close.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    "Exact moment each world leader realizes Trump mis-signed new NAFTA agreement"

This was posted on r/watchpeopledie

Apparently there were 3 more places for other leaders to sign and he just went ahead and signed them all.

that is an astonishing amount of 'don't laugh, please don't laugh' crammed into 15 seconds

• Options

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    in that nafta gif you can actually see the exact moment Trudeau's soul flees the stage.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    You know how when you get a new job/promotion and you're like "surely now I won't be surrounded by idiots" but you're wrong? Well that goes all the way to the top.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Where's our extreme engineers who devise the most efficient ways to injure one's self?

7 minute rube goldberg device that ends with a lever which dislocates a guy's shoulder

Delzhand on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Where's our extreme engineers who devise the most efficient ways to injure one's self?

7 minute rube goldberg device that ends with a lever which dislocates a guy's shoulder

Only if every single step of the device is someone doing something stupid and getting injured.

Though actually in that case I feel like the final step needs to be someone reading a book getting a papercut.

Garthor on
  • Options

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    blurg, that is so gross

like, i don't know why exactly, but for the process up to where he puts the cooked meat on, my mind was like "yeah I get it, it's a big burger, eat it with 20 people, whatever". But the condiments, starting with the monstrous amount of onions that cover the entire burger made my body completely reject it. Everything after that seemed completely grotesque

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the saber is a nice touch though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    blurg, that is so gross

like, i don't know why exactly, but for the process up to where he puts the cooked meat on, my mind was like "yeah I get it, it's a big burger, eat it with 20 people, whatever". But the condiments, starting with the monstrous amount of onions that cover the entire burger made my body completely reject it. Everything after that seemed completely grotesque

If you gotta cut your burg with a sword that burg is too big

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    The thing that rubs me wrong the most with that dumb giant burger

is that you just KNOW that most of it is going in the trash.

• Options
    I love the giant patties seeming to fall from the sky due to the editing.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Unnecessarily giant food is a joy all its own, much like a thing of beauty.

• Options
    I couldn't find the gif version of this, but it's a must see

https://v.redd.it/nh59jypkia221/DASH_4_8_M

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Oh, that's the appeal of soccer.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    that soccer gif is a beautiful mess.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I remember being upset that my transformers didn't transform themselves like in the ads on TV.
    This is a feeling of betrayal future generations will never have to feel:

I got my credit card in my hand. Tell me there is a generation 1 Soundwave that does this that I can synch up to my Google Play.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Someone needs to edit a Mysterious Stranger perk frame into that soccer gif

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

They call it... The beautiful game.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Holy shit there was a literal question describing this exact scenario and the outcome of it on the soccer referee exam
    Dropped-ball at the closest point outside the 6-yard box to where the ball hit the dog.

Fun alternate to this, if the ball hit the referee instead of a dog and bounced into the goal, the goal would count!

Edit: upon rewatch it's all moot because the ball struck the attacker's arm, so hand ball, free kick to the defense.

#pipe on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Holy shit there was a literal question describing this exact scenario and the outcome of it on the soccer referee exam
    Dropped-ball at the closest point outside the 6-yard box to where the ball hit the dog.

Fun alternate to this, if the ball it the referee instead of a dog and bounced into the goal, the goal would count!

that's dumb as shit

• Options
    It's purely theoretical since the referee should basically never be in a position where that would happen

but for the purpose of the ball striking them, "The referee, like the corner flag, or a rock in the field, should be considered part of the field of play."

This discussion has been closed.