As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

movies: at any moment in your life, you, too, could fall into a pit full of snakes...

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh is it the same person?

I'm still slightly skeeved out but less so if that's the case.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    10 kids is... a lot of kids.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Eddie Murphy's stand up back in the day was virulently offensive even by the rough and tumble standards of said proverbial day

You watch it now and it's like wow this is vile huh

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Transgressiveness that frequently just reinforced terrible beliefs was all the rage then

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Donkey wrote:
    I'm making waffles!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I think stand-up comics probably have a lot to answer for

They always sheepishly say "I shouldn't have said that, it was a different time"

Yeah and everyone spent thirty years aping you, and we all had to fight to get past that, and you just fucked off and took zero responsibility for it.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Not if you're Catholic!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Not if you're Catholic!

Nah. Most Catholics love birth control these days regardless of what the Church says.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If you have 85 million dollars you can probably afford to have 10 kids.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Listen, who hasn't been muddin'

Me, I haven’t.
    ive been listening to a lot of comedian focused podcasts and i am utterly baffled that comedians seem to LOVE Kevin Hart

like almost to a one they think he is a legend

it is very confusing to me

Kevin Hart is the money-makingest comedian in a generation and it is not close.

In the business of getting paid to make people laugh, he is a legend.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    If you have 85 million dollars you can probably afford to have 10 kids.

Affording it is not the only thing about it. Being a parent to one kid is already the hardest thing in the fucking universe.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I imagine it is significantly easier if you can literally hire people to do the hard stuff for you.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I appreciate Kevin Hart because he gave us the “ha ha OH FUCK” gif, which is quite frankly the perfect reaction gif for a lot of the stuff in my life and the world at large these past few years.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love Kevin Hart in movies but when I tried to watch his stand up it did nothing for me.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    the enduring legacy of kevin hart for me, when it comes to phrases that have entered my lexicon, is from his exchange with romany malco in 40-year-old virgin

"i'm also gonna need that (insert the appropriate item) for the price of.......... on the house"

romany's stone-face reply of "that i can't do" has also endured for whatever reason

edit: they're both still immensely funny in that scene if anyone was wondering

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I love Kevin Hart in movies but when I tried to watch his stand up it did nothing for me.

There are two things I don’t like about Kevin Hart.

He cheated on his wife. Not my business but I don’t like it all the same.

Also, some of his act has been homophobic, in all senses of the word, in the past, including occasional use of a slur.

These are both kind of a big deal for me, but other than that I think he is quite good at writing and delivering jokes.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Has Kevin Hart played anything other than the usual Kevin Hart character?

Not knocking the guy, since I think he's good at his delivery (I really liked him in the CIA movie with the Rock), more curious about any possible range.

• Options
    I didn't see him in Jumanji and I don't know if he's done very much else.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    He is very much still Kevin Hart in Jumanji.

And he's hilarious.

Put him and the Rock together in a movie and I'm there.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I miss Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan.

I know Chris Tucker pulled back from basically everything for personal reasons and that is fine but I really enjoyed all of the Rush Hours and I was super ready for them to make 30 of those and just munch popcorn until I turn 80.

sarukun on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Shangai Noon/Knights was my preferred wacky buddy with Jackie Chan series.

• Options
    I enjoyed Jumamji

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Shangai Noon/Knights was my preferred wacky buddy with Jackie Chan series.

Yeah I love these movies, hell I have them on BluRay! The first leans heavily on stereotypes of North American First Nations people, though.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

I know Chris Tucker pulled back from basically everything for personal reasons and that is fine but I really enjoyed all of the Rush Hours and I was super ready for them to make 30 of those and just munch popcorn until I turn 80.

Dude, same, although Chris Tucker's best role was definitely Ruby Rhod.

• Options
    He did a fantastic job as RR but I just don't actually like 5th Element all that much.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    He did a fantastic job as RR but I just don't actually like 5th Element all that much.

Aww, poor Boron...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    It was so good seeing Chris Tucker in Silver Linings Playbook. He’s easily the most memorable part for me.

• Options
    Oh shit, Happy As Lazzaro and Let The Sun Shine In just got added to Netflix. Definitely going to check both those out this weekend.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I just watched Dead or Alive for the first time.

That was a lot to take in...

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Not if you're Catholic!

Nah. Most Catholics love birth control these days regardless of what the Church says.

Yeah I have two and that's probably enough.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

Isn't Rush Hour 4 in production? I mean, probably without Ratner, but still, I seem to remember that being announced

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I didn’t realize that Kurt Russel Santa movie was out

Worth a watch?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    So Villeneuve isn’t working with Roger Deakins on Dune, which is a bummer because obviously.

But instead Greig Fraser is taking it on, and he’s fantastic. He’s probably most famous for Rogue One and Lion, but I love his work in Killing Them Softly. Dude has some serious range, so I’m excited to see what they pull off together.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I enjoyed Jumamji

The new Jumanji was surprisingly fun, and Jack Black’s performance was far and away my favorite of the bunch.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I enjoyed Jumamji

The new Jumanji was surprisingly fun, and Jack Black’s performance was far and away my favorite of the bunch.

Karen Gillan killed it in my opinion. Her learning to flirt and dance scene are the best in the movie.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I enjoyed Jumamji

He plays a teenaged girl a little too well....

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i will never give up physical media

update: i had to buy a ninth dvd rack to be able to continue storing things last night

i regret nothing

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I didn’t realize that Kurt Russel Santa movie was out

Worth a watch?

It's a fun Christmas story. Predictable, safe, but in the better half of these sorts of things.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My sister-in-law did mention that she was interested in that Kurt Russell Santa Netflix film strictly because of how attractive he was as Santa.

And yes, this is the trend I want to begin.

Make every fairy-tale, holiday character super sexy.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    i will never give up physical media

update: i had to buy a ninth dvd rack to be able to continue storing things last night

i regret nothing

Out of curiosity have you thought about stockpiling extra VCRs/DVD players/etc before they become hard to find or is this something you're already doing?

This discussion has been closed.