As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The war fronts moves on Stromgarde!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Turning her into a goth chick with runny eye-liner is fixing her?

If you could try to resist the compulsion to shit on absolutely everything about this game for long enough that those of us who are enjoying some parts of it can enjoy them, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I mean. I guess I don't agree that she is magically fixed? Basically all I see now is another edgelord character. That doesn't seem like a fix to me.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I mean. I guess I don't agree that she is magically fixed? Basically all I see now is another edgelord character. That doesn't seem like a fix to me.

Not what Dhalphir was saying.

Your grousing about the game is tremendously exhausting, especially when it's coming barely hours after the patch went live and many of us haven't even gotten out of work to see the new content.

Tynnan on
  • Options
    You know what?

I was excited to get home and play this patch. I really was. I got home. I skipped my usual hour of TV watching to log right in. And it's pretty damn disappointing that the first thing I see when I log in is my character's graphics are broken. So yeah. I'm a little peeved.

Then I go about my playing. I go to Darkshore because that is the thing I was most excited for in the patch. And I can't advance the storyline because of the 1HP invincible mob. So yeah. I'm frustrated.

If Blizzard did a little better job QA'ing Beta for Azeroth, it wouldn't be so easy to shit all over it, to use Dalphir's phrase. It's not like I go looking for things to shit on. These things found me. Heck, I wasn't even in the game yet before I encountered my first bug.

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I tried this expansion initially as my Warrior as is tradition, and got tired pretty quickly. Leveled the Mage shortly after, but that didn't quite scratch the itch. I'm thinking my problem is that I'm burned out on both classes because I've only played Warrior/Mage predominantly since 2004. Would you guys think I'd get more mileage out of being a Druid or a Paladin? I like the plate style and lore that Paladins have, but the idea of HOT healing and being a shape shifting animal dude is also appealing.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    My thing with the new races is that they're not even that different! Fuck, I've been waiting for Naga to be playable since they were supposed to be a playable faction in Warcraft 3. Why aren't Naga playable?

"But Thawmus, they don't have feet! How would they handle leg armor and foot armor and mounts?"

I dunno! Maybe that'd be an interesting thing to design around! Far more interesting than to just make new skins for existing races and giving them upgraded abilities!

Jesus, there's so many races that would be so much more interesting to play. Ethereals, Ogres, Vrykul, and Murlocs would be a fucking injection into this game.

Give the Naga a Worgen style transformation. Out of combat they have legs, in combat or swimming they shift into a tail.

i didn't sign up to play a snake person to have feet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    My thing with the new races is that they're not even that different! Fuck, I've been waiting for Naga to be playable since they were supposed to be a playable faction in Warcraft 3. Why aren't Naga playable?

"But Thawmus, they don't have feet! How would they handle leg armor and foot armor and mounts?"

I dunno! Maybe that'd be an interesting thing to design around! Far more interesting than to just make new skins for existing races and giving them upgraded abilities!

Jesus, there's so many races that would be so much more interesting to play. Ethereals, Ogres, Vrykul, and Murlocs would be a fucking injection into this game.

Give the Naga a Worgen style transformation. Out of combat they have legs, in combat or swimming they shift into a tail.

i didn't sign up to play a snake person to have feet

Realistically, you'll likely only have them while on a mount. It's not like Worgen spend any time in human form unless they are RPing

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Just finished the new Darkshore War Front. It is... a War Front! I personally like the Arathi War Front OK, but if you hated that one, you'll hate the new one, too.

Word of warning: it's super incredibly laggy right now. If you want to actually enjoy playing it, you might wait a while before trying it. I think, though, once the lag is gone, it'll be a moderate improvement over Arathi. It's a bit more compact and some of the mechanics are streamlined.

Also, the once-per reward is a random 385 piece.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I slammed the change in the barber to get the new Night Elf eyes as hard as possible.

Because they look awesome as hell.

gBe4NhN.jpg

Oh, you motherfuckers, you pissed off the wrong people.

Also, the cinematic where Malfurion reminded people why you don't mess with him...
    The "OH SHIT!" face on that orc being pulled into the earth by vines... I approve.

Also the Alliance set for the new Warfront is Moonpriest themed, and looks dope. Got a 385 cloth chest from the quest.

And I really like this warfront? You actually have to worry about your siege weaponry dying, or your resource gathering points being taken by the Horde.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i see world quests are broken and no longer scaling at all.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    For some reason DK Night Warriors can only select the dark blue skin option. It looks pretty good, but I don't want it, and so I'm a bit disappointed.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You know what?

I was excited to get home and play this patch. I really was. I got home. I skipped my usual hour of TV watching to log right in. And it's pretty damn disappointing that the first thing I see when I log in is my character's graphics are broken. So yeah. I'm a little peeved.

Then I go about my playing. I go to Darkshore because that is the thing I was most excited for in the patch. And I can't advance the storyline because of the 1HP invincible mob. So yeah. I'm frustrated.

If Blizzard did a little better job QA'ing Beta for Azeroth, it wouldn't be so easy to shit all over it, to use Dalphir's phrase. It's not like I go looking for things to shit on. These things found me. Heck, I wasn't even in the game yet before I encountered my first bug.

Shit sometimes breaks, open a ticket, though losing an entire model on a set only once its equipped/in the equipment manager is bizarre you might have to do a reset of your shit since it's working elsewhere.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    It was pointed out that the problem with the keystone fix is that is a fix for the problem of "our internal metrics for dungeons look bad" instead of the problem of "some dungeons are widely unbalanced". So it goes to the dangerous territory of fixing the metrics instead of the game.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/a5ccky/patch_81_undocumented_changes_megathread/

Some big undocumented changes, such as removal of main city portals in MoP shrines except for Org/Stormwind, and Vanish no longer procs Subterfuge.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/a5ccky/patch_81_undocumented_changes_megathread/

Some big undocumented changes, such as removal of main city portals in MoP shrines except for Org/Stormwind, and Vanish no longer procs Subterfuge.

what the fuck does this accomplish except making it less convenient for people to get around

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

what the fuck does this accomplish except making it less convenient for people to get around

The current lead developer is very opposed to things being convenient.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    You know what?

Shit sometimes breaks, open a ticket, though losing an entire model on a set only once its equipped/in the equipment manager is bizarre you might have to do a reset of your shit since it's working elsewhere.

It isn't just me. I linked the item to 3 different guildies. It breaks for them too when they look at it in the dressing room window. Also, there's like 6 threads about it on the official bug report forums. I opened an in-game bug report through the help menu.

The MoP portal room thing is a bummer. I was still bound there. There was no need to update it. Guess now I'll finally move my bind to the Great Seal. I've been bound in MoP for the past 6 years.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

There is supposedly a portal room coming in Org/Stormwind in 8.2.

And obviously, to get people to use those portal rooms, so they can justify the development time spent on those rooms, they need to remove all other portal rooms.

And obviously, they need to do that now in 8.1.

Obviously.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Apparently an undocumented change is that 380 ilevel crafted items now require the wearer to have the crafting skill level in order to equip the items.

• Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Apparently an undocumented change is that 380 ilevel crafted items now require the wearer to have the crafting skill level in order to equip the items.

It was in the hotfix notes for today. Apparently the fact that you could ever wear them without the profession was a "bug" and you were never supposed to be able to do that to begin with. Not that Blizzard ever communicated that, because why would they communicate?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22824893/hotfixes-december-11-2018
    Fixed a bug that allowed some Battle For Azeroth crafted gear to be worn by player characters who no longer had the crafting skill to create it.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I remember crafting my BOP Smoking Heart of the Mountain on my druid and then swapping from Enchanting over to Alch/Herb for my tradeskills. It was part of the rite of passage for bear tanks back in Vanilla as you did the scavenger hunt for tank gear.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Night warriors are people who only fight when it's dark outside.

Can you dig it?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    does Ion have a bet running where he can get the game to the lowest sub levels ever or something

what the fuck is this dude doing

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    And now the Freehold pig spawns randomly apparently? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. At least Snake Town got some nerfs so lightning balls are easier and the last fight is now just two intermissions.

• Options
    I've noticed there's a lot of bugged quests on lowbies. Some in redridge where the guy you're fighting gets to 1 hp and sits there unless you relog.

Also the quest in westfall where you go find things and end on that island also is having issues where there's like 2-3 objects with the quest marker.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

This is two separate packs, btw. On a teeming week. On what is probably the wrong side for that week, the other one will be lighter.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The number of mobs isn't the emphasis of the screenshot. The amount there doesn't matter in any case, since nobody kills those mobs.

The emphasis is that the matrons now have True Sight.

The way to handle that pack until now was shroud them if you have a rogue, invis pot them if you don't. Now neither of those will work.

I'm not sure why Blizzard bothered, really. It's not going to make people do that trash, it's ridiculously overtuned and a complete waste of time. People will just death skip it with a battle rez instead. I guess they made rogues marginally less useful for that one specific dungeon?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    The number of mobs isn't the emphasis of the screenshot. The amount there doesn't matter in any case, since nobody kills those mobs.

The way to handle that pack until now was shroud them if you have a rogue, invis pot them if you don't. Now neither of those will work.

I'm not sure why Blizzard bothered, really. It's not going to make people do that trash, it's ridiculously overtuned and a complete waste of time. People will just death skip it with a battle rez instead. I guess they made rogues marginally less useful for that one specific dungeon?

"Fuck you. Stop playing the game this way and having fun. Play the game like we want you to."

hippofant on
  • Options
    Word is the Berserkers in King's Rest are immune to CC now as well.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »

"Fuck you. Stop playing the game the way and having fun. Play the game like we want you to."

that was literally their excuse to change the tanks at the end of wrath from being unique to basically just reskinning the warrior class slightly

They were annoyed that the hybrid classes were getting more playtime and people enjoyed having the utility of a DK, druid, or paladin over the warrior so they essentially took away everyone's toys (DK got to keep some of theirs though)

bowen on
  • Options
    The transition from WotLK to Cata was really rough as a Bear Tank. They removed most of the threat from our main AoE threat move (Swipe), put it on Thrash (obtained at level 87 in Cata) and called it a day. I was unable to hold threat in dungeons against DPS AoEing the enemies. None of the other tank classes had the problem, therefore I sucked according to the dungeonfinder groups. It got better once you got to max level, but it was yet another bit of evidence that around that time Blizzard basically decided to stop any pretense of caring about the new player experience (faint as though it may have been).

• Options
    the removal of group taunt drastically altered how we did dungeons and who the MT was (it became me as the paladin since I couldn't aoe threat as quickly as a DK without the help of the group taunt).

• Options
    Omg the ship to Stormsong Valley takes you to the settlement now instead of the coast!!1

• Options
    So apparently the 8.1 removed the headmaster/headmistress title from people who earned it. You have to go do the encounter again to re-earn it. Just great all around.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    So apparently the 8.1 removed the headmaster/headmistress title from people who earned it. You have to go do the encounter again to re-earn it. Just great all around.

What encounter was it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The one in Val’sharah where you go through the ghost school and kill the headmistress for the key I think.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    On a side note, the War Mode PvP is a glorious thing to behold right now when a Assault is going on.

The Alliance showed up in force, and were pissed. Finished the Kill 25 Horde quest rather quickly. :D

Plus hey, WQ's that reward Conquest! I'll take that.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    What time did one of those pop up? I looked last night for the faction assault and didnt see one or the timer they said would countdown to the next one.

• Options
    30% bonus xp for warmode if I turned it on.

No thanks!

This discussion has been closed.