As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    6 months huh? Right around my birthday then.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of accessories that increase stats- I'm a rather obsessive packrat, I don't usually chuck accessories. I have lots of the stat increasers- are those still any useful, or should I be tossing them? I mean, seriously, I have like six or seven of each of them. I think when they start letting us cash in accessories for whatever, I'll have loads ready to go...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Random thought: all of Aerith's consequential healing is via her USB, so she might as well carry a weakness targeting summon for superior SB gain.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Random thought: all of Aerith's consequential healing is via her USB, so she might as well carry a weakness targeting summon for superior SB gain.

I’ve seen people do just this very thing with Elarra.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    It's probably better with Elarra, regenga literally is healing the whole way between USB drops.

Though spamming bard songs (especially with her LMR) isn't a bad way to SB gain either, and the difference is usually negligible/offset.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Aeris gets an AOE heal on 35 percent of her curadas, that's pretty good IMO

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Harufaunt ultra

Again.

2 rops in a row.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I got Papalymo’s Lefend Material (Enfire) off the XIV draw.

Between Terra and Krile and Vivi, I can’t say as I have room to use him as a full-time Fire Magic DPS. But maybe I have room to make him my Fire team’s Hastega user, with Ley Lines? For fights where I have need for neither Dance nor Entrust, that is.

Objectively speaking, he could probably be one of my best if I used my B/O selection on his stuff. But I’m biased towards Terra and Vivi.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Huh. I waited too long to do the dungeon update and half stamina ended. Balls.

I guess I'm waiting for next month to do it. I was trying to farm Black Crystals with the extra stamina, but it seems it went off 10 minutes ago, when I just got home.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    XIV parade - Minfilia USB

Well, that's inoffensive at worst. I'm not 100% sure if the Torment teams wants it or not, though, since I have Ley Lines and all my relevant damage is probably gonna be magical. But maybe.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Papalymo LMR. Wow FF14 we keep losing huh?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    enElement LMR on a person with dualcast of that element is useful!

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    XIV parade - Minfilia USB

Well, that's inoffensive at worst. I'm not 100% sure if the Torment teams wants it or not, though, since I have Ley Lines and all my relevant damage is probably gonna be magical. But maybe.

Call of the Stars, right? Well, it does stack with Ley Lines, and Minfilia is capable of Breaking, Entrusting, or healing as need be.

• Options
    Day 3 of Dupes: Minfilia BSB (dupe).

I actually have a good number of XIV relics so I shouldn't have pulled. Oh well.

• Options
    Yeah but I guess I expected more? I only have Alph's BSB on FF14.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    2/11: dupe Alf LMR and dupe Minfilia BSB.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XIV: 1/3, disco. Yda USB! Not a dupe! The streak has been broken at last!

Also, I somehow have a near-complete Yda now. I'm just missing her Internal Release SB and her LMR. Her dive looks like a good one, but I'm pretty stacked for physical fire. Any opinions about her?

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Estinien lmr. Have his ssb so I guess it's fine for 5 mythril.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got my first disco of the parade, Alphinau USB1. Is this a good one?

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Agrias USB1 here
    Artereis wrote: »
    Got my first disco of the parade, Alphinau USB1. Is this a good one?

It's not amazing, but it's good. The ether and extra hits at the end are good, but the wind aura and rank boost hardly do a thing because you're already capping before them with summons.
    There's not a lot of wind magic either, so something's a lot better than nothing.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    RoP draws... let's see...

XV: 1/3, one disco. Aranea USB dupe. Eh, could be worse.

XIV: 1/3, one disco. Yda USB "Furious Flurry" - Deal eight physical earth and fire attacks to one target, temporarily infuse the user with the power of fire, remove delay from the user's monk abilities for three turns, and enable the user to avoid three physical attacks.

This... looks interesting! I love that last part- avoid three physical attacks, and she's also one of the only non-magical sources of earth damage I've been able to find in a while.

Anyways, I'm trying to take a shot at clearing out the last few dregs of my mission book VII- I have three left to do.

-Finish 32 Nightmare bosses (I'm on 27)
    -Complete and Master a Nightmare battle of 160 difficulty
    -Finish a raid battle of at least difficulty 160

I'm thinking of trying the lowest-level Nightmares I can find to finish, but I'm more looking at that one for difficulty 160.

Out of Vinuskar. Brynhildr, Belias the Gigas or Braska's Final Aeon, which is the least trouble to get a Master ranking on?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    It'd depend on your SBs, but in a vacuum I'd say Brynhildr because he's got a native ice weakness.

Also, whenever you want to do the raid battle, just throw up the bat signal in discord. We can help you out.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    160 raid battles are cakewalks. Assuming you can actually connect to multiplayer, you can probably just host and win with any three randos. If you can field anything relevant (healers and buffer/debuffers are always relevant), you should be able to do most of the 220 multiplayer with pickup groups as well.

I have had my MP team set to Tyro (Wall + wrath + entrust) and Yuna (USB + Ultra Cure) for like over a year at this point, and I usually don't bother to change anything other than accessories.

Fry on
  • Options
    160 raids? just use a Cloud UCS RW with your best dps and you should be fine.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    0: it was a new disco? I think Ace USB
    FFT: dupe Ramza USB1
    XV: dupe Aranea LMR

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Papalymo is a fun buffer in a Fire team. But I feel like aside from that niche, Onion Sage bests him, owing to the unaspected black magic damage boost he gets. Still a nice option.

As a side note, I really need to workshop a new method for trancing Terra.

Edit:

I have a problem: there are literally not enough 6-star Fire spells that can exist, to fit my desired team.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    Papalymo is a fun buffer in a Fire team. But I feel like aside from that niche, Onion Sage bests him, owing to the unaspected black magic damage boost he gets. Still a nice option.

As a side note, I really need to workshop a new method for trancing Terra.

Edit:

I have a problem: there are literally not enough 6-star Fire spells that can exist, to fit my desired team.

There are four, which is better than most elements get. Though you do have to accept Valigarmanda is one of them, and Lunar Ifrit isn't out yet.

I actually had a problem with the middle difficulty of the IX Torment getting Vivi to trance - he was either overhealed with Curada or he was dead. Eventually I got it to work by taking a "80% current HP" hit while he was full with no HP stock, and then letting poison tick once. :X Anyway, my usual plan is "let the boss do it for me," that usually kicks in fast enough on most of the hard content.

Fry on
  • Options
    Oh right, I forgot that Lunar Ifrir will be a thing. And Terra can use that, leaving Chain Firaja to Vivi.

• Options
    1/3 disco!
    dupe Hope OSB

whomp whomp

• Options
    Dupe Day 4: Noel BSB1 (dupe)

Yeah, after the first one I'm on a really bad streak. 4 RoP dupes, toss in a 100-gem dupe and a daily draw dupe as well.

No announcements dropped. We have no translated banners left that were datamined so I have no idea what event, if any, we get tomorrow. We have yet to get VI, and III would have been after last week's IX event. So who knows, Global exclusive, no event?

Maintenance is supposedly next week, 12/19.

• Options
    Given no III torment today, probably not iii

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Snow Chain/3

I have his radiant shield USB and I already have Rinoa Ice Chain. How is Snow currently? I assume he'll be better once we get the Ironfist Ice ability.

• Options
    XIII: Nabaat LMR (dualcast Dark).

Mmmmmeh. I don’t have other stuff for her, and her niche is currently filled by Exdeath. Ah well.

I may wait for 6, 5, and 3, now.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    XIII parade - dupe Lightning AOSB

Aw. Don't think I even really need a third +lightning sword.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have a lot of gaps in XIII, so I could really..oh, dupe Cid Raines LMR? Nevermind.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    XIV: 1/3, Alphinaud LMR (pretty sure this is new!)
    XIII: 1/3, disco, Vanille USB2 (I wanna say, the holy debuff one)

Nice!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    dupe hope bsb1

oh well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Last three Parade pulls have been all discos... but also all dupes. Such a roller-coaster.

FF15 - Dupe Prompto USB
    FF14 - Dupe Ysale USB
    FF13 - Dupe Lightning BUSB

The bright side is I have some very nice 6*+ weapons/armor now.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XIII: 2/3, two discos. Vanille USB2 (dupe), Lightning OSB. Another +10 ATK for Lightning ain't bad, though I doubt I'll be using her OSB much.

This discussion has been closed.