As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    For the average player or dolphin it's going to be a bonus and a new unit in their rotation. As for the whales, let them fight.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Another new currency?! Ugh. This game is starting to get too far out of control for me. Arena, special events, Aether Raids, Garden... Everything with multiple currencies. It’s just too much.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Another new currency?! Ugh. This game is starting to get too far out of control for me. Arena, special events, Aether Raids, Garden... Everything with multiple currencies. It’s just too much.

Eh this one isn't that bad. It's just temporary fun bucks. It's a way for them to give away free summons as rewards without having to just do "5 orbs." This isn't like, say, Arena Medals, that will just accumulate and rot in your inventory.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I saw a unit showcase on reddit of Eir x4 with Surtr. I'm not sure I have any red units that could beat that whenever defense blessings come into play.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Bleh, pulled a little more, got pity broken by a 5* Sothe at like 7% pity rate -_- Bad Sothe! You are 4*, I don't need you pity breaking me! (I got pity broken last night by a 5* Libra too, but that one was less annoying since the rate wasn't too high and I've been wanting to merge him up to +10 soon)

I should probably spend the 20k feathers I have left to promote a good IV Sothe up so I can just start merging him up for situations like this (I already have another 5* lvl 1 Sothe just sitting useless in my barracks waiting for the same thing). Which begs the question of whether I should use this "ready to go" 4* lvl 40 +ATK/-RES Sothe, or the lvl 1 +ATK/-DEF Sothe I also have hearted (I mean, I could just promote him at level 1 too, but I like to grind up to 40 for all the free SP... that stuff comes in handy when I need to put some niche skill or something on a character in the future for whatever reason - like beating GHBs, Rival Domain HM grinding, etc)

*sigh* Either way I guess I wait until Friday to maximize gains. It should be the Magic training map which is a good one to grind ranged units on (less so daggers than magic, but I mean, the enemies top out at level 34, it's still pretty easy and requires less thinking than the actual ranged map)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Wonder where the story can go from here. Chapter 4 is NegaAskarian invasion. Chapter 5 is Space Invasion. Chapter 6 flips it around and we go invading. Chapter 7 is the tournament arc. Chapter 8 has the time skip and Chapter 9 we start Fusing in order to fight Majinronica.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    We've done Muspell, Nifl, and Hel. So eventually we've still got to resolve the war between Alfheim and Svartalfheim, fight some jotnar, fight some Vanir, and then finish up with Asgard, taking on valkyries, Tyr, Odin, and Thor. And that'll be all nine realms!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i think askr is supposed to be asgard (hence the gathering of heroes and such)

at any rate, i'm looking forward to the book five oc, fjorm but very short and with a beard in the traditional fantasy dwarf style

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »

at any rate, i'm looking forward to the book five oc, fjorm but very short and with a beard in the traditional fantasy dwarf style

If Askr is Asgard, then what are we going to fight in Midgard? Just a bunch of normal humans?

Although...it could be a giant boss fight against Jormungandr.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular

With how this game and general Japanese game trends are going, the "dwarf" that joins your party will probably look like a little girl, probably wielding a brutal melee weapon at least as big as her.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

If Askr is Asgard, then what are we going to fight in Midgard? Just a bunch of normal humans?

just a real big ol' dragon that transforms into an incredibly tall small child

• Options
    edited December 2018

Honestly Midgard could be where the summoner is supposed to be from (aka maybe the real world? I dunno how they wanna swing all that.
    They sorta act like the summoner is literally *you*, but then he also has the canon name of Kiran, so who the hell knows).

I've felt for awhile now though they're basically leading up to Ragnarok. They've been hitting all the right story beats with Surtr and now Hel. Given this is Fire Emblem, Ragnarok will probably manifest as a giant ass dragon :P Who they will probably call Jörmungandr :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    What's wrong with Jormungandr?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I just think that, from a marketing perspective, IntSys isn't going to pass up the chance to have a character named "Thor" in this game eventually.

• Options
    It's going to be waifu Thor too.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    It's going to be waifu Thor too.

Why would they pass up such a lucrative part of Norse mythology?

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Somehow my Reinhardt has lasted this long without a blessing. Giving him my light blessing is not something I'll likely regret. I used him to get an extra 10 lift already, which was nice.

My Eir just baited a brave Veronica and then a gronnblade Cecilia who was panicked, killing the Cecilia. Good to see! I went ahead and upgraded my offense fortress to level 3, which was a big help.

• Options
    With Book II bringing Legendary Heroes and Book III Mythic Heroes, I wonder if Book IV will introduce Ultra Heroes, all of whom are Beast units.

• Options
    greebzillagreebzilla Registered User regular
    I've played on and off for a long time but never really looked into giving skills to other characters. I have maybe 7 or 8 characters at level 40.
    I have 2 5-star Lyn's, 2 5-star Nina's (and duplicates of many at lower levels)
    any opinions on what the priority would be for using the 'extra' characters? level them up as well? give abilities to other characters? is it a waste to combine the 5-star characters via merging?
    I started merging lower level ones before finally noticing I could give skills to other characters.

when granting skills to other characters, should I be leveling up the character I'm getting rid of or it does not matter?

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I got my first successful defense in aether raids and it was my first defense of the day!

I also am using Hrid for my offensive horse team and gave him smite instead of reposition. This makes so many options available that it is hugely worthwhile in my opinion. It negates many obstacles, lava maps, etc.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    OK build dilemma.
    Actually pulled another Lewyn. I was originally planning on giving my +atk Lilina special spiral but didn't realize he also had odd atk wave. I need to run the duel calculator but am not sure if I should change plans. Feel like spiral makes more of a constant threat.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    p3oxa0nmlsn8.png

• Options
    The whaling boats are out in full force for the holidays there.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Two Tempest Trials in a row, this is my kind of Christmas!

• Options
    Going to have to be careful and hold onto the orb reserve until beasts.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    So my best defense team in Aether is a double pain healer team, two dancers and Veronica. Or be a pain in the ass team.

• Options
    You should probably include something to deal with a super RES unit solo clearing your team at 1HP.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I think swapping out one of the healers for a falchion user wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Options

Gotta resist the temptation of scantily clad holiday-themed waifus, right?

• Options

Gotta resist the temptation of scantily clad holiday-themed waifus, right?

tenor.gif

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Updated the OP with the good quality version of the calendar that isn't taken off my phone :P Also I realize I shrunk it too much :P Whoops.
    4uux3c3h9mfr.jpg

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I just noticed Mystic Boost is inheritable by everyone and nullifies fury chip damage.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I just noticed Mystic Boost is inheritable by everyone and nullifies fury chip damage.

I've already given it to Deirdre so she doesn't suck at the one job she's supposed to be good at :P

• Options
    Pulled Ophelia on today's ticket. Neutral, so no issues there.

Getting multiple free pulls at this banner is really nice.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I've had atrocious orb per 5 star rates the past 2 months, and that combined with the aforementioned Luke pity breaker has really made 3.0 feel like a letdown. It's just so easy to get screwed out of obtaining any of the new units, even with saving. And if you're not getting new units, you're not getting most of the new content for this game. A massive summoning overhaul or skill refinery would have gone a long way.

Excited for Tibarn in Jan, yeah, but what if I drop 300 orbs and don't get him? All too realistic.

Aether raids has been helpful to spark interest, but maybe early next year is when my interest in this game finally wanes.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Yeah here's my initial thoughts on a summoning rework. Every unit that's available as a 3* currently goes into some kind of grail-like system where they can be purchased by currency (arena medals pls?). Mass demote 30% of the current 5*s to 4* availability. I'd suggest demoting launch 5*s globally but I think there are still a few launch units that are still worth keeping 5* exclusive like vanilla Hector.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    know what would be a cool feature to add, essentially a duel feature to test builds. essentially like the duel simulator webpage but in the game. You could set skills before actually inheriting. basically a tester.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I battled my friend. He got a bunch of sinnoh stones and I got dust... *sigh*

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

The long awaited Pokemon/FEH crossover event has arrived! :wink:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

The long awaited Pokemon/FEH crossover event has arrived! :wink:
    With Book II bringing Legendary Heroes and Book III Mythic Heroes, I wonder if Book IV will introduce Ultra Heroes, all of whom are Beast units.