As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    As a note to those getting seemingly useless rivens, you can reroll them using kuva. I know I ran in to at least a couple people before that didn’t know that.

Also, Eidolons drop an item that you can use to transmute 4 unveiled rivens into a new veiled riven. And IIRC if they are all for one weapon type the veiled is that type too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Eh, the *veiled* Kitgun Riven is currently selling for a *minimum* of 80 plat. I figure if I get some sort of halfway decent stats on it for whatever the most popular Chamber is, I'll get a decent price.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    *Hysterical laughter*

If you guys haven't found an excuse to rep grind Fortuna for Old Mate to unlock archwing weapons. You may want to just for the ability to equip the Velocitus in standard missions.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Hey actually you know what y'all? Tonight, probably between 7 and 10 PM EST, on PC, I can hop on and help y'all learn Regular Index if you like. I'm not THE BEST (I certainly don't do the ridiculous instagibs that Ash + Covert Lethality get up to) but I know mostly what I'm doing.

Anti-Sean , so, with my big ol' piece up there said... I highly suggest you give getting Nidus a go; the annoying part of him honestly isn't the quest, it's that you have to grind this one annoying mission on Eris afterwards for his parts. But even that grind pales in comparison to fucking Harrow. I have a Kitgun Riven that I'm hoping to roll to sell to afford to buy Harrow straight out, because I hate that grind THAT MUCH. (Alas, I'll need a stealth frame, 'cause iirc it's "get 100 headshots from 100 meters away in stealth.")

Thanks for the offer, and the comprehensive writeup earlier! I'm glad I haven't used that coupon yet; I'd have felt like a heel if you had written that up after I had already purchased Nidus. :) Leaning more towards using it on Harrow now, but we'll see... I'm a Switch pleb, so I won't be able to take you up on your Index offer. (btw, Curly_Brace , I should be on a fair bit this weekend, mostly just grinding stuff, so I'd be happy to run a few missions as needed; hit me up in clan chat if you see me on.)

I shamelessly cheesed the MR 12 test w/ Titania this morning, all to get to the Vaykor Hek, but now I'm conflicted.

The Hek and I had a long and beautiful relationship; it got me through most of the star chart. But after a while, it felt like we were just going through the motions, and not getting much done. I let myself be distracted by the glowing charms of the Arca Plasmor, and wow, it felt like my early days with the Hek. Things have been intense and overwhelming! And yet...now, with Vaykor Hek, it's like an old ex who shows up looking even better than you remember, and you're tempted to see if you can recapture a bit of that old magic.

I've got some grinding to do for the right mods for both weapons, but I feel myself torn. I'm glad that it works for others, but the weapon swinging lifestyle might be too stressful for me.

Arca plasmor is a monster but plays vastly different from the hek since without specific mods or a setup there is a hard limit on its range. Plus the arca can't get to 100% status with just the 4 dual mods meaning you either need to slot in the plain status mod or settle for 99%. Unlike the hek though it fires a single blast which means 100% is not the giant damage boost it is for the hek. I personally prefer the arca because I am at the point where I have a fully modded Tigris Prime if I need to use a fancy delete button.
    I don't think Arca Plasmor has any pellets, so reaching 100% status wouldn't be as big a deal as with normal shotguns, I'd think.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    *Hysterical laughter*

If you guys haven't found an excuse to rep grind Fortuna for Old Mate to unlock archwing weapons. You may want to just for the ability to equip the Velocitus in standard missions.

Tbh I'm literally only grinding rep at this point to use Archwing guns on land. I need the Grattler with fire rate mods in my life for maximum BRRRRRRRRT

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    They're all amazing and hilarious to use. But the Velocitus is the only weapon in the game I think that overwhelms a Warframe and pushes it back from the recoil.

The sound and visual display is awesome.

• Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    @metaghost Thing is this: I have that node unlocked. It also showed up in the alerts when I logged in on the phone app and it did not have the (LOCKED) on the right that it would have. It simply failed to show up on my alerts menu when I logged in the actual PC client

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    it's probably just because of the huge swath of archmods that I'm missing, but the archguns seem way worse than normal primaries

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They're all amazing and hilarious to use. But the Velocitus is the only weapon in the game I think that overwhelms a Warframe and pushes it back from the recoil.

The sound and visual display is awesome.

i herd u leik dakka so i put some dakka in ur dakka

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    The problem with the recoil is that from what I hear it breaks an archgun mod that seems almost tailor made for Velocitus, because the recoil knocks you out of aiming animation and thus mods that say "while aiming" don't work for Velocitus.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular

My Shotgun Riven was for the Convectrix. To add insult to injury, the negative trait was "-180% damage"

:sad:

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Izzimach wrote: »
    My Shotgun Riven was for the Convectrix. To add insult to injury, the negative trait was "-180% damage"

:sad:

Eh, that's nothing. You haven't seen terrible Rivens until you've seen one with -241.6% damage.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Spoit wrote: »
    it's probably just because of the huge swath of archmods that I'm missing, but the archguns seem way worse than normal primaries

If you're comparing them to ultra-forma'ed god tier weapons with primed mods that you've sunk tons of plat into then yeah.

However, I'm getting 200k-300k damage with headshots with a Velocitus on lv 50 enemies with a non-forma'ed weapon so take that as you will.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    The Phantasma: What the hell is this thing? Like I just do not get it, but boy does it eat ammo. Status gun? The crit riven I opened for it was sure a pair of middle fingers, though.

It's a weapon where the main mode of phire is a beam cone, whose alt-phire charges up and sends out a blob that explodes on impact and then sends out homing pellets to phurther punish enemies. It's pretty phantastic and I love it a ton. It also reloads super phast, and I enjoy using the corrupted mod that is +damage and also +spread (because more spread means I can clear hallways and hose down groups of enemies better). It and the Phage are two of my phavorite beam weapons!

So... What do you do with it? Looks like status with those numbers, but I just can't tell if I'm actually killing anything with it. (Except me. I think I got me a few times.) Status, maybe the extended range/spread mods, then hope to hell your Carrier can keep up with the ammo usage?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

If you're comparing them to ultra-forma'ed god tier weapons with primed mods that you've sunk tons of plat into then yeah.

However, I'm getting 200k-300k damage with headshots with a Velocitus on lv 50 enemies with a non-forma'ed weapon so take that as you will.

Aye, that comparison was kind of the problem when archwing originally released.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    The Phantasma: What the hell is this thing? Like I just do not get it, but boy does it eat ammo. Status gun? The crit riven I opened for it was sure a pair of middle fingers, though.

It's a weapon where the main mode of phire is a beam cone, whose alt-phire charges up and sends out a blob that explodes on impact and then sends out homing pellets to phurther punish enemies. It's pretty phantastic and I love it a ton. It also reloads super phast, and I enjoy using the corrupted mod that is +damage and also +spread (because more spread means I can clear hallways and hose down groups of enemies better). It and the Phage are two of my phavorite beam weapons!

So... What do you do with it? Looks like status with those numbers, but I just can't tell if I'm actually killing anything with it. (Except me. I think I got me a few times.) Status, maybe the extended range/spread mods, then hope to hell your Carrier can keep up with the ammo usage?

Yeah, status. This thing fucking melts crowds, and with 100% status the blast and impact procs do a wee bit of CC for when enemies start to outlevel the damage I deal.

3EF0535583C069E084A3C2AC7CA5CCF39B23D0C2

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Hmmm. Well I can do that. Need another forma in if I want to use this riven, though, but what the heck; worth a go. (It's -, but I'll need another V for space.)

• Options
    edited January 2019
    what's a good general use Zaw set that I can throw together so I can pop this achievement and actually make something functional while I'm at it?

edit: turns out I have to make all the strikes anyway, so what strike combos aren't really effective together?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    what's a good general use Zaw set that I can throw together so I can pop this achievement and actually make something functional while I'm at it?

edit: turns out I have to make all the strikes anyway, so what strike combos aren't really effective together?

The general idea is to build high-strength weapons for crit chance or high-speed weapons for status chance. Mewan Kwath V2R is often considered best-in-class among Longswords. I would advise against stacking -Speed pieces any further than that, lest you wind up with my experience with a Rabvee Shtung VR2 that had under .600 speed. (Hope you have Berserker mod and a Valkyr with Eternal War or you're gonna have a bad time.)

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    A bit of fashionframe cosplay inspired by last night's discussion.

Revenant and Garuda as Count Chocula:
    3e4ynhuiilcc.png

Volt and Rhino as Frankenberry:
    i7030c9v45xa.png

Valkyr as Fruit Brute:
    5umgn0qb9cxa.jpg

Inaros as Fruity Yummy Mummy:
    f37kriil0e0d.jpg

Hydroid as the Creature With the Black Macaroons (from an old Robot Chicken sketch):
    v4zk18pichd3.jpg

• Options
    I've started completely shutting down the game on my Switch rather than leaving it suspended, and crashes have gone way, way down. In fact, I may not have gotten any except for a few times I accidentally left it suspended. I wonder if there's some sort of memory leak that only really appears on the Switch since it's the only system where leaving it on between play sessions is common, or if there's some sort of issue related to the suspension itself or the forced disconnection it involves.

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or does Cephalon Simaris sound like a deeper-voiced Willem Dafoe?

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    This thing ain't bad! I rerolled the riven into cold/toxin/status duration, so while I don't care about one of those stats, that's 120% Viral right there, and I will not say no. If my math is right, 2 forma will have made this thing pretty darn respectable.

• Options
    Well, I just made my first accidental platinum purchase. Fortunately, it looks like they have support set up to handle that.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    There are two types of warfarmer. Those who have lost plat, and those who will.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mild spoiler
    lsbXBOg.jpg

cB557 on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    sthpoilerthhhh

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Why did nobody tell me that Nezha was the coolest Warframe in the game?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Figgy wrote: »
    Not true. Frost is the coolest Warframe in the game, while Nezha's abilities are more fire based.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

He wasn't so great before his recent rework. Hence a lot of info online people find about him is outdated.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Not true. Frost is the coolest Warframe in the game, while Nezha's abilities are more fire based.

As I was typing it I knew... I knew what I was getting myself into.

Also, I decided to buy Rhino Prime. Why are people so nuts? It's on the Market for 330ish for the set. In trade, two people back-to-back are asking for 500p and 600p. When I said the set is on the market for 350, he said "So buy it on the market".

Are people just unaware the market exists and paying this markup?

• Options

I've liked Nezha for a while. Somewhat more prework but now you have a reason to actually use his other stuff.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Also, I decided to buy Rhino Prime. Why are people so nuts? It's on the Market for 330ish for the set. In trade, two people back-to-back are asking for 500p and 600p. When I said the set is on the market for 350, he said "So buy it on the market".

I mean, why not just buy it from the market? It'd probably be faster too

steam_sig.png
  • Options

That is the scammer's bread and butter, ignorance.

• Options

I mean, why not just buy it from the market? It'd probably be faster too

I'm buying the individual parts from the market to save 30-50p, I just wanted to see what someone in-game would sell it for before I embarked on that adventure. I had a BP lined up for 100p, 35p less than the market.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Man, sometimes people in this game are actually very nice.

I've been having an absolute shitgarbage week -- went to the hospital (was ok, but still scary), toilet exploded (seriously. out of the blue, too; no one had used it for 4 days), today had to kill a mouse myself (it was clever enough to get the peanut butter out of the snap trap w/out dying, but not clever enough to keep its leg out of it, poor bastard) -- and I kinda vented in global chat. Random dude bought me a free WF slot and said he hoped my week got better. Maaaan.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I've been beating the Nezha drum for a while now. Probably my most used frame since I use him in tank and speed spots in missions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Today was pretty productive. Finished the jordas precept quest. Killing the golem with basically zero archwing mods took like 20 minutes of just shooting... it was terrible. Then i dont even get atlas?! i would have to farm that crap more to get the pieces, pass. Then i farmed the arena/kela like all day, pausing if a nitain alert came up or something. Took like 25 tries but i finally got the damned systems, so the 3 saryn parts are cooking. Then i also did the umbra quest, and while the story was kinda cool, having to fight him with an unupgraded spoiler mode was tedious. Though umbra is crazy tanky. I also formad my rubico prime like 4 times, and also rhino maybe twice. that 7 day affinity boost from twitch prime was pretty clutch for this weekend. also have nezha and inaros cooking along with arca plasmor and like 4 other weapons ive never heard of before. I also built and leveled a phantasma because people said it is ubergood, im not sure i really care for it. and thats my blogframe for this weekend. but i guess there is tomorrow too because federal holidays. but i have to do grownup things like dishes and laundry.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Today was pretty productive. Finished the jordas precept quest. Killing the golem with basically zero archwing mods took like 20 minutes of just shooting... it was terrible. Then i dont even get atlas?! i would have to farm that crap more to get the pieces, pass. Then i farmed the arena/kela like all day, pausing if a nitain alert came up or something. Took like 25 tries but i finally got the damned systems, so the 3 saryn parts are cooking. Then i also did the umbra quest, and while the story was kinda cool, having to fight him with an unupgraded spoiler mode was tedious. Though umbra is crazy tanky. I also formad my rubico prime like 4 times, and also rhino maybe twice. that 7 day affinity boost from twitch prime was pretty clutch for this weekend. also have nezha and inaros cooking along with arca plasmor and like 4 other weapons ive never heard of before. I also built and leveled a phantasma because people said it is ubergood, im not sure i really care for it. and thats my blogframe for this weekend. but i guess there is tomorrow too because federal holidays. but i have to do grownup things like dishes and laundry.

As with any status shotgun, Phantasma requires a certain number of the gold dual stat elemental damage + status chance mods to hit 100% status chance without multishot to really shine. You're not going to get a good sense of why many people like it without that.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Free Platinum plus 75% off coupon= Harrow. I also got MR 23 without even realizing how close I was. That was a very weird test, but a fully sped up Limbo made it not too bad. I also made use of the twitch give away to farm up a quick 22 orokin cells. Started my second bronco Prime which means akbronco prime is only a few days away.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion