As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Wick Chucks An Assault Rifle At A Dude in the [movies] Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like Olaf...

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I suspect that if the editing is that bad, something went wrong on set. Like, a professional editor is going to know that's trash, they must be making the best out of a bad situation.

I mean Bryan Singer was on set for at least part of it

Something certainly did not go right

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    They do get that wide shot at the end

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Olaf just kinda looks like a snowman

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I like Olaf...

Olaf is fun

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Frozen is one of those movies that the marketing department has no faith in, which is why they focused on Olaf and the reindeer, but it turns out the movie is good, so fuck them

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Olaf and this reindeer still ain't got shit on Pascal, the dope chameleon in Tangled who straight up tries to push a person out a several stories high window

This chameleon will do CRIME

If it worked for Jaime Lannister, it can't be THAT bad.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I was thinking maybe the cuts were to some Queen song beat, that it was like going to blend into? But it didn’t and now I think I know what that banned Pokémon episode felt like

Also, my phone autocorrected Pokémon to put the proper e

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

I disagree. The sort of cheap cartooning shape of the head with the standard cartoon eyes with representational textures creates an abomination that I drives me into a particularly specific rage.

It's under-detailed where it needs to be a character. And over-detailed where you need to tell the texture artists to calm down.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I suspect that if the editing is that bad, something went wrong on set. Like, a professional editor is going to know that's trash, they must be making the best out of a bad situation.

Almost certainly, but I can’t imagine any patch job needing that many throwaway shots.

I’m guessing that editing room was... tense.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

I disagree. The sort of cheap cartooning shape of the head with the standard cartoon eyes with representational textures creates an abomination that I drives me into a particularly specific rage.

It's under-detailed where it needs work. And over-detailed where you need to tell the texture artists to calm down.

hes just like

a white lump

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    And that's bad

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Pretty effed up that Disney now owns the copyright to all white lumps.

They're sending take down notices to all my vlogs.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    (I said I wasn't particularly logical on this point. I just find the design to be so abhorrent that I wouldn't be able to watch the movie.

I have a similar bizarre out of nowhere feeling with the shade of blue used for Nightcrawler, Mystique, and Beast in the first three X-Men movies as well)

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    They do get that wide shot at the end

Going to guess its a composite job because otherwise why didn't they do any over the shoulder reverse shots for this conversation

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It's been a while since I took German, but it sure looks like the German title for Velvet Buzzsaw is "The Art that Kills Man," which I think is a better title than Velvet Buzzsaw

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's been a while since I took German, but it sure looks like the German title for Velvet Buzzsaw is "The Art that Kills Man," which I think is a better title than Velvet Buzzsaw

Velvet Buzzsaw is a great name, but you might be right.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's no Death Bed: The Bed that Eats

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    New thread time

geth close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.