As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    There's a joke at the end of the community post. I got a decent chuckle.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    This is an obliterator.

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-Oblit28hvhwhgvjsd.jpg

I need 6. That gives me 3 I made from aggressors and 6 of these awesome models.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    The stealth librarian and Primaris scouts look awesome and I'm probably gonna put them in my Space Wolves. I might also buy some regular scouts so I can finally make some wolf scouts.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    They said there is more models from the box to show. I would guess Primaris Telion and the Possessed. New rules to go with the Poss'd would be nice.

• Options
    Yay i finally figured out how to post videos via my phone

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeeeeah, there's the good shit we wanted.

CSM-venomcrawler-e1549599149109.jpg

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Good on them for updating such old models.

Lends hope for some of those older minis in other armies.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    That librarian is really cribbing the look of alaitoc rangers.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

more of the fallen look

Still I am kind of curious if the Black Templars will get a mini codex like the Crimson fists got or are they going to print all the mini codexes in something since I missed out on that issue

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

more of the fallen look

Still I am kind of curious if the Black Templars will get a mini codex like the Crimson fists got or are they going to print all the mini codexes in something since I missed out on that issue

It's mostly the paint scheme. Blue armour, splinter camo cloak with brown gloves
    640?cb=20150316221739

It's a cool model, the connection just jumped into my head.

• Options
    LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    The march of Primaris continues, I guess? I was hoping when I first saw that that boxet image was the missing Mk9 armour and they were giving it to old Marines to slightly rescale them.

It's interesting to think about what they're doing with Marines - because Primaris aren't the same army. They're organised differently, the units are totally different. If they do replace normal Marines, then that is an entire army that's just gone. Not really sure how I feel about that. I don't feel good about it, certainly. Tactical, Assault, Devastator, Rhino, Land Raider has been the thing forever.

• Options
    There also seems to be a Marine with a heavy weapon in the Shadowspear artwork. Middle, background, slightly below the Chaos spider.

So it looks like
    Vanguard Librarian,
    Primaris Telion,
    Eliminator Snipers,
    Reivers with Boltrifles and heavy weapons

vs.

Master of Possessions,
    Obliterators,
    Chaos Space Marines,
    Possessed Marines,
    Venomcrawler

And maybe another Character for the Chaos side? There was another artwork with A Chaos Terminator with a two handed weapon...

• Options

more of the fallen look

It's mostly the paint scheme. Blue armour, splinter camo cloak with brown gloves
    640?cb=20150316221739

I never really saw many eldar players using the rangers so I did not know they looked like that

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    A few more model previews...
    5dsyf197o9f21.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=2a3e848aace31fb93168f578cd32576fd8ac18f7
    fzgyp3b7o9f21.jpg?width=1013&auto=webp&s=6efbb4b2ce100f7b3ede120a3fbe937b6e2020d5
    6w38je4on9f21.png?width=1000&auto=webp&s=b9e543e97541b6d3f55974bc71b45bddd978ad2a

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I need those Primaris Eliminators. So bad.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I like 'em too. I wonder if they're going to be another Elite choice or a Troop choice, and I hope for the former. Still, 2W 2A Scout armor troops with camo cloaks and sniper rifles... what is that going to be in points? 18 per model? I imagine they're going to have at least -1AP on that rifle as well so probably closer to 20? If they're 3+ saves they might even be 22 points each, which is pretty pricey for a troop model. If they're elite then they'll be competing with Reivers and Aggressors (and all the units those two compete with), though they definitely have a different niche than those units.

As far as more Primaris displacing vanilla marine units, I think it's inevitable. And while I sympathize with those who've got those armies already, if it were up to me I'd still go in favor of the Primaris profile. Granted 2W 2A is largely a points drain on most shooty units, but I think that better exemplifies the superhuman profile of the Space Marine. Yeah I know 4S 4T is supposed to do that, and it's more impactful 90% of the time, but 4S weapons seem to have become the standard, and humans and eldar and their puny 3S 3T profiles feeling weak. Maybe 4S just feels like the standard due to the proliferation of SMs, and after a few years 2W 2A will feel 'normal' and I'll be campaigning for 3W 3A marines with 5S 5T. I dunno. I'm excited about the news though and can't wait for the rest of that box info to drop.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I bet they are just Stalker Bolt Rifles (Str4, -2, 1) with the Sniper rules (target Characters/Mortal Wound on 6 to Wound).

I expect they'll be 20pts each. I desperately hope they are a Troop Choice.

I also hope included in this wave of Primaris is a Transport that doesn't cost Land Raider points to move a few dudes up the field.

• Options
    So with our new spider bot, it says "it is so infused it reduces the barrier between the Warp and Reality" so my guess a bonus to summoning.

But no one ever summons anything in 8th so.................

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So with our new spider bot, it says "it is so infused it reduces the barrier between the Warp and Reality" so my guess a bonus to summoning.

A bonus/penalty to psyker stuff, some shenanigans regarding teleporters, or a buff to daemonic saves would also be legitimate options for that sort of thing. A summoning bonus seems most likely though.
    Maybe it will let you deep strike possessed next to it?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »

A bonus/penalty to psyker stuff, some shenanigans regarding teleporters, or a buff to daemonic saves would also be legitimate options for that sort of thing. A summoning bonus seems most likely though.
    Maybe it will let you deep strike possessed next to it?

I like buffing daemon keyword units (oblits/possessed/daemon engines) and deepstriking/redeploying anything with the daemon keyword near it would be cool to. It could work with daemons or like possessed then. Would ad an interesting element to the chaos army.

I already use possessed in my Emps Children army and buffs to them are a bonus.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    They could always go whole hog and say the aura normally does X, but if you have a certain character next to the thing you get your choice of X, Y, or Z; and the X, Y, Z can change based on what the character is.
    Bit more complicated than what 40k likes to get up to though.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

more of the fallen look

640?cb=20150316221739

Why is this spacelf wearing a banana on their head?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

more of the fallen look

640?cb=20150316221739

Why is this spacelf wearing a banana on their head?

As the stealthiest Craftworld, Alaitoc ensure that they wear the heavily camouflaging colour that is vividly bright yellow.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Alaitoc exclusively infiltrate Chikita plantations.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Seriously though, it's possibly the dumbest colour scheme in the game. Just retcon them to midnight blue and brown or something.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I kinda like it, I was just struck by how mega-goofy that hat looked, especially contrasted with the very po-faced-and-pragmatic trench coat/robe.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Woof, those Eliminators look good. Scout Snipers suddenly out of a job. Between the Eliminators and Reivers, the scout element of the classical Space Marine model line is suddenly updated and overhauled.

The molds that they use to make Scout kits are very old now, at the end of their lifespan. Don't be surprised to see those kits retired and phased out in the coming months. Things like Armageddon and Lost Patrol were probably designed to move out the last of their Scout stock.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Alaitoc is only the "stealthy" craftworld because the ruleswriters were a bit lazy. They do have the largest amount of outcasts (Rangers) but their background was always that they were super puritanical and strict about the path system. Which as a side effect causes more of Alaitoc's citizens to go on Rumspringa and become Rangers for awhile. Except for the Rangers nothing in the army really should have any stealth bonus, which is a boring army trait anyways.

But I always thought htat about half the Eldar army and warlord traits don't really reflect the supposed background of their respective craftworlds all that well.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Turn the yellow into pink. It will make them 10% better to camouflage in the desert.

• Options

They should retool summoning to be viable. Instead of points make it cost cp plus a chance of failure or something. Because right now it's a redundant feature that only factors in in non-matched play.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Buying CP with dirt cheap point cost cultists and then turning those CP back into high point cost demons sounds like the last thing the game needs, you're already so heavily encouraged to take the cheapest troops & battalions possible.

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Buying CP with dirt cheap point cost cultists and then turning those CP back into high point cost demons sounds like the last thing the game needs, you're already so heavily encouraged to take the cheapest troops & battalions possible.

True, but as we have seen with the new Genestealer Cult rules I mentioned a few posts ago, GW seems to be continuing to come up with ways to fight cp spam.

Maybe cultists should just not count as troops for formation purposes. You want a Battalion of chaos? Cool, you need 3 units of Marines, none of this cultist crap. Non primaris Marines in general could drop another point or 2 while we're at it

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

True, but as we have seen with the new Genestealer Cult rules I mentioned a few posts ago, GW seems to be continuing to come up with ways to fight cp spam.

Maybe cultists should just not count as troops for formation purposes. You want a Battalion of chaos? Cool, you need 3 units of Marines, none of this cultist crap. Non primaris Marines in general could drop another point or 2 while we're at it

I going to say no to this. Not only are marines terrible cultist aren't that amazing either. Especially after the point increase in CA. I play with cultist, they aren't crazy overpowered or anything and have been hit with a lot of nerfs. This isn't a loyal 32 issue. Cheapest you get for chaos battalions is actually daemons with nurglings I think. For CSM it is 300 points minimum for 5 cp with two bare bones lords and 30 cultist.

Also I am fine not doing CP for summoning thing as well. Even then it is not that much cheaper of a point conversion compared to the cp to damage ratio loyalist do.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Those of you more aware of the meta... Primaries snipers seems odd to me. That's a unit that's just a mechanism to deliver sniper shots, why isn't it awful to pay the extra points for a better body that's fairly beside the point?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Those of you more aware of the meta... Primaries snipers seems odd to me. That's a unit that's just a mechanism to deliver sniper shots, why isn't it awful to pay the extra points for a better body that's fairly beside the point?

I think for this one it is the other tag lines that seem to be connected that make people perk up. Especially mentioning special ammo as so far all special ammo (Deathwatch or Sternguard) is really powerful in game. And having something like that on a sniper weapon would be even more powerful as those weapons let you ignore targeting rules for characters.

Also a lot comes down to any other special rules (better cover or -1 to hit, infiltration, or something else) tied to their points. Also if they are troops taking a minimum squad if they aren't crazy expensive would be a good way for marines to help fill out battalions.

There are a couple of sniper units in the meta right now considered decent including Eldar Rangers. And the recent points drop mean Ad Mech Rangers with their big snipers are seeing more play. They can take out characters really well if you hit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Being an elite model isn't inherently bad, GW has just been writing bad rules for them so far. So sure if this guy is just a ~20 point, 2W, elites slot, sniper rifle with AP -2 then yea he's terrible.

If he's a troops choice that infiltrates, has a penalty to be hit and say a rapid fire 1, AP -1, damage 2 sniper bolt rifle, then now we're talking.

• Options
    I dunno, I think fundamentally 8th edition's ruleset favours weight of fire and weight of bodies. The only real counterexamples to that are heinously undercosted shit like Imperial Knights and Custodes jetbikers.

• Options
    I don't know about undercosted, those are just examples that have lots of wounds and lots of shots for a points value reasonably corresponding to taking a horde of special weapons.

I mean, Armigers are good and Dreadnoughts are bad for the same reason, just give elite units more defenses and more shots and they can in theory be good.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    Woof, those Eliminators look good. Scout Snipers suddenly out of a job. Between the Eliminators and Reivers, the scout element of the classical Space Marine model line is suddenly updated and overhauled.

The molds that they use to make Scout kits are very old now, at the end of their lifespan. Don't be surprised to see those kits retired and phased out in the coming months. Things like Armageddon and Lost Patrol were probably designed to move out the last of their Scout stock.

Scout Snipers will likely survive for a long time as cheap "you can't deepstrike here" units due to the Concealed Positions rule. Right now a unit of five Scouts with camo cloaks and sniper rifles is only 80 points (65 if you ditch the cloaks). Depending on how your terrain is set up you can effectively shut down an entire board with only three of them (and there's your three troops as well).

This discussion has been closed.