As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] thread

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I think the worst phrase in English might be "this bad boy"

I will never stop calling things bad boys

I also refuse to feel an iota of remorse

desc can't be stopped now
    He'll use "bad boys" for life

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Compilation album commercials were just peak 90s

Sleep on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

desc can't be stopped now
    He'll use "bad boys" for life

🔊🔥🔊

• Options
    Me 30 minutes ago: I shouldn’t drink any more caffeine. It would be a bad idea:
    Me: *drinks a cappuccino*
    Me now: how could this unforeseen bad event have transpired despite all preparations

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Honk wrote: »
    But can crayfish heal emotional wounds?

Yes

Violence heals all wounds

The Crayfish Creed

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    tbh i am mainly interested in crayfish as trout/bass food

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    The Planetside Arena thing seems like a weird backwards step. Planetside's whole thing is giant open battles, the arena thing sounds like they made things smaller scale and more like a regular FPS.

I'd be very interested in seeing a Planetside 3, but is that actually ever happening?

planetside arena is explicitly a step towards planetside 3, they have said. So. Depends on its success.

So it is a bit weird, but, then again, it's not that weird since doing a 2.5 that's fresh and not six years old can breathe some life into it that's needed before you commit to a full sequel

and like, being a spin-off type thing, not really that bad. The BR mode alone would not hold my interest probably but there's lots of different game modes planned. Obviously the massive clash ones are the most interesting.

Smaller scale, yes, but not small scale. Like, it does seem like the scale a fight takes place at will be most familiar to us PS2 players. The difference the smaller scale will have is mostly about being directed, more than anything.

Like it's going to more of a battlefield kind of scale, than it is anywhere near a counter-strike kind of scale. Which doesn't sound awful, even though I am still very much in love with the freedom in planetside. Essentially, it is battlefield, if you could walk out of the edge of the map for one battle and into another.

and when the occasional fight becomes a rolling fight all the way from one base to another, it is beautiful.

the other thing the community is screaming at DBG in unison is, make a goddamn titan mode. There are so many people with fond memories of BF2142's titan mode, and even more who just like the idea of it, that it surely is a niche.

and they've got the Bastion Fleet Carriers, big... well, Titans, who float around. They're the lobby and the plane you drop from in the BR mode, it's all there just do a Titan Bastion battle.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    tbh i am mainly interested in crayfish as trout/bass food

I just like hearing people talk (reading people write) about the one super specific thing that they know super well. I think it comes from having an inability to focus on any one thing long enough to really manage that level of expertise.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Bad boys, watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when the bad idioms come for you

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Yes, bad boys is alliterative, but mad lad rhymes

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

Nothing says 1992 like a compilation cd of hair bands that will take several weeks to be mailed to you

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Think of all the animals with panic escape responses (squirting ink in squids, c-start in fish, gila monster blood squirting, etc)

now consider that the crayfish is the only one with the gumption to think "I bet if I used my panic escape response when holding people, I could pull their limbs off???"

• Options
    Peak 90s would be to include a spelling like “bad bwoy”

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Nothing says 1992 like a compilation cd of hair bands that will take several weeks to be mailed to you

sorry, tennessee

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    which they probably will be doing. The new continent for PS2, Oshur, will have less bases, more logistics (which is good - all the best moments in planetside involve spawning at the warpgate and taking a big convoy of something from there. Flying to a fight in a gigantic pod of skywhales is epic.) and instead of the fixed Warpgates as the "home base", they will have bastion fleet carriers moving around that the three empires have as their home

so between that and PS Arena they're like inches from a Titan Bastion mode.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Winky wrote: »
    My style goals are to look like one of our store associates when they come in for a full-company meeting 'cause gat damn

I guess that's how you impress your boss if you're working for a men's fashion company

I looked at your facebook photos for some class fash inspo (that's classic fashion inspiration, not... classist fascist inspiriting)

I recommend working your hair a bit with some matte wax or clay to give it some volume

we have the same shapeless pudgy 29-yr-old-gone-to-seed body so the key is to have a good tailor, buy like 4 suits, and just let them ravage you

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Think of all the animals with panic escape responses (squirting ink in squids, c-start in fish, gila monster blood squirting, etc)

now consider that the crayfish is the only one with the gumption to think "I bet if I used my panic escape response when holding people, I could pull their limbs off???"

I have learned a new thing. Thank you!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

I just read a tutorial about Apex wherein someone described a gun as so good that "it will beat your ass and make you call it daddy"

This is the kind of prose extruded by a person who would write "this bad boy"

• Options
    edited February 2019
    also another planetside 2 thing, a minor one: they're going to implement bots - off-peak hours the amount of people each empire has gets rather crooked, which makes it kinda annoying to fight. Bots is a way to smooth that out some more, which is nice. But anyway, bots aren't that interesting.

What I do like is how they're planning to do it; instead of regular player models just being AI-controlled morons, the bots will be, well, robots

ranulf-busby-final.jpg?1539245583

which I like because 1. they look cool 2. muh immersion - bots in games are always these weird homunculi, and are kind of creepy. I like that the visuals are also there to go "these are not players".

also because it's a lore explanation of why some of the soldiers just suck - they're not soldiers like you and I, they're just combat robots we rented from Nanite Systems. Alright.

EDIT: or I might be mistaken and they're not bots, they're controlled by players but it's a way to temporarily switch teams to the one with the lowest population. I am not sure. Anyways, I like robots.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/z3gckvyPDj4

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I just read a tutorial about Apex wherein someone described a gun as so good that "it will beat your ass and make you call it daddy"

This is the kind of prose extruded by a person who would write "this bad boy"

What

Any self-respecting bad boy would spurn this kind of retrograde patriarchal binary by revving their motorcycle and riding away to an egalitarian sunset

• Options
    While blasting Whitesnake

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The original Bad Boy is a Big Blue Chungus now.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    buncha robots in here skipping leg day

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Crayfish have two fighting claws, but also their front four legs have tiny claws at the end that they use to manipulate food and such. But they can also hold things with their freaky mouth parts! I learned this when I saw someone wearing someone else's face because they were eating the meat off of the inside.

• Options
    okay yes I think they're definitely not bots just a "4th faction" that gets hopped over to whichever faction is the lowest

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    broke: bad boy
    woke: enfant terrible

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Have you been a bad boy?

• Options
    Also the c start has been used by snakes to trick fish into swimming into their mouths.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    broke: bad boy
    woke: enfant terrible

I'm not sure cloning Big Boss is particularly woke.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

At a mtg commander game I started referring to other people’s powerful cards as bad boys

Like “yeah I’m gonna remove that bad boy”

And other people at the table started doing it to!

• Options

Crayfish have two fighting claws, but also their front four legs have tiny claws at the end that they use to manipulate food and such. But they can also hold things with their freaky mouth parts! I learned this when I saw someone wearing someone else's face because they were eating the meat off of the inside.

D:

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    *slaps hood of ceddy*

This bad boy can lift so many cards off the table!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You want some of this milk sideburns

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Face meat is the best meat

• Options
    *pinches nose to sound nasal*

L’ENFANT TERRIBLE SNAKE

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

The cheek of a fish is literally the best part. Actual fact.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    *slaps hood of ceddy*

This bad boy can lift so many cards off the table!

My miles to gallon rating is solid

• Options
    I know I say things like real video and actual fact a lot, but that one is legit

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

The cheek of a fish is literally the best part. Actual fact.

Irondwill taught me this in Boston while removing the cheek from Justin's colossal fish

This discussion has been closed.