Options

[chat] thread

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    okay yes looking at old devstreams, the robots are definitely not bots, they're characters that hop empires. Which helps the queue problem. Being in an underpopulated faction is annoying, being in an overpopulated faction is worse, because then you're sitting in faction balance queues. Playing as the NS robot mercenary skips any queue - since you're going to the one with the least players online - and thus brings the population balance closer to equal, making the queues better for everyone else as well.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

Real photo of @Arch doing research

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Face meat is the best meat

Eh

I more often see people ripping each others' tails off so that they can eat them. I've seen so many totally whole animals, except clearly they have been killed and eaten for their tail meat, with the rest left to rot. Crayfish are the European bison hunters of the animal kingdom.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I mean, boys are bad. Right? So bad.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    VishNub wrote: »

Real photo of Arch doing research

@Arch what is going on here

Are their vegetarian mantids, or is that not a mantid, or is it trying to find WHO DID THIS SO I CAN EAT THEM

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I think the worst phrase in English might be "this bad boy"

I will never stop calling things bad boys

I also refuse to feel an iota of remorse

At a mtg commander game I started referring to other people’s powerful cards as bad boys

Like “yeah I’m gonna remove that bad boy”

And other people at the table started doing it to!

I think this means you’re an influencer now

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Real photo of Arch doing research

Arch what is going on here

Are their vegetarian mantids, or is that not a mantid, or is it trying to find WHO DID THIS SO I CAN EAT THEM
    Maybe it's a different insect who is wearing a mantid's face. You know, who also isn't a vegetarian and is eating delicious face meat from the inside.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Shiv I was prepared to ignore it when you used “someone” to refer to your crayfish but now you’re just straight calling them people.

I think you might need a vacation

• Options
    The c start manipulating snake is called the tentacled snake, btw, vishnub.

Duckduckgo tried to fill in tentaclerape.net for me when I typed that in. So uh. Be careful with autocomplete.

• Options
    csoip3ubzqur.jpeg

• Options
    Shiv I was prepared to ignore it when you used “someone” to refer to your crayfish but now you’re just straight calling them people.

I think you might need a vacation

I'm going to Vancouver in a month, assuming the government is still working :rotate:

• Options
    Aka you’re all wrong

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The c start manipulating snake is called the tentacled snake...

Up to this point I was still wondering if this was talking about Metal Gear

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2019
    NEW EDITION OF BURNING WHEEL

Vanguard on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I think the worst phrase in English might be "this bad boy"

I will never stop calling things bad boys

I also refuse to feel an iota of remorse

At a mtg commander game I started referring to other people’s powerful cards as bad boys

Like “yeah I’m gonna remove that bad boy”

And other people at the table started doing it to!

I think this means you’re an influencer now

He must now be shipped to the furthest Fyre Festival

• Options
    wedding invitations are a bit of a weird one

one of my oldest mates went "bois, I need your addresses"

"here it is and I of course have no idea why you need it and when whatever you are sending me arrives I will be completely surprised"

it kind of seems pointless to send an invite, and it doesn't serve as an actual invitation really, but still it would be unthinkable not to get one

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

"here it is and I of course have no idea why you need it and when whatever you are sending me arrives I will be completely surprised"

it kind of seems pointless to send an invite, and it doesn't serve as an actual invitation really, but still it would be unthinkable not to get one

It’s a good idea to convey specific information about a wedding in a written document so you don’t give wrong info out

If you’re a forgetful vague boi like me it’s nice to have a slip of paper with the relevant details

• Options
    I am also mildly amused by how I know exactly where all these bois live but honestly have no idea what their address is

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Wait, are wedding invitations meant to be a surprise? I just straight up said to my friends "Give me your current address so I can invite you to my wedding, you fucks"

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Wedding invitations are for the RSVP.

Because people are fucking awful.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options

It’s a good idea to convey specific information about a wedding in a written document so you don’t give wrong info out

If you’re a forgetful vague boi like me it’s nice to have a slip of paper with the relevant details

all the relevant details will be available in a more modern format

and I'll put them into either my calendar on my phone or in another of my hundreds of notes, probably the last one

but it is a nice slip of paper to have

invitations are more than mere invitations, that's why we still do them

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Been expecting this for a while, to be honest. Activision seems in a bad place these days, and it was only so long before they hurt their cash cow.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    The wheel keeps on burning

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Wait, are wedding invitations meant to be a surprise? I just straight up said to my friends "Give me your current address so I can invite you to my wedding, you fucks"

well no, but I am slightly amused by the extra steps taken

since obviously we could just, in that initial communication, invite people there, like you invite people to birthday parties or a pub quiz. But also, obviously you can't do that, one must observe the proper form as befits the event.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    mudu5bem3f9y.jpg
    I thought having an unopened bag would discourage my boss from giving me more gummies. I was mistaken.
    WHY DOES HE KEEP DOING THIS?!

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Bear is like Riker's Beard. The show got SO much better after Bear showed up, for completely different reasons. But I still like to think that his very presence is the catalyst.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    don't need the RSVP from me either really because it is understood that I'll flake on whatever else I may have going on that weekend to be at this wedding. My attendance is just a given. Been friends with the man for twenty of my twenty seven years on this earth, I've got nothing more important that weekend, even if I don't remember which weekend it is.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    The wheel keeps on burning
    No, no. Big wheel keeps on turnin'.

It's PROUD MARY that keeps on burnin'.

Rollin'.

Rollin'.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Ooo, Haribo are my favorite gummies

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man, I really need to read some of Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman's work.

I just saw the trailer for the Good Omens TV show, thought it had a Pratchett like feel from everything I've heard, checked out the wiki, and immediately realized this is something I'd be interested in.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Gummies are my least favorite candy. In my life I have never proclaimed my love for them.

He randomly brings me a bag about 1/week, and he ONLY brings them to me.

There are several other people here who LOVE gummies.

I genuinely do not understand, it's like some kind of psychological warfare.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    There are lots of Playstation classics at Best Buy.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

well no, but I am slightly amused by the extra steps taken

since obviously we could just, in that initial communication, invite people there, like you invite people to birthday parties or a pub quiz. But also, obviously you can't do that, one must observe the proper form as befits the event.

My fiance and I are doing emails! Why make it more difficult and expensive to put on an event that's supposed to be fun?

I guess some people find the fanciness fun, but eh

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    Gummies are my least favorite candy. In my life I have never proclaimed my love for them.

He randomly brings me a bag about 1/week, and he ONLY brings them to me.

There are several other people here who LOVE gummies.

I genuinely do not understand, it's like some kind of psychological warfare.

Next time bring in the special type of gummies

that poop ones

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    mudu5bem3f9y.jpg
    I thought having an unopened bag would discourage my boss from giving me more gummies. I was mistaken.
    WHY DOES HE KEEP DOING THIS?!

Look at the top right of the packaging. Now you know.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Man, I really need to read some of Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman's work.

I just saw the trailer for the Good Omens TV show, thought it had a Pratchett like feel from everything I've heard, checked out the wiki, and immediately realized this is something I'd be interested in.
    Their collaboration on Good Omens was pretty legendary. They literally handed floppy disks back and forth, while talking daily on the phone in long brainstorming sessions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Omens
    Neil Gaiman has said:

We were both living in England when we wrote it. At an educated guess, although neither of us ever counted, Terry probably wrote around 60,000 "raw" and I wrote 45,000 "raw" words of Good Omens, with, on the whole, Terry taking more of the plot with Adam and the Them in, and me doing more of the stuff that was slightly more tangential to the story, except that broke down pretty quickly and when we got towards the end we swapped characters so that we'd both written everyone by the time it was done, but then we also rewrote and footnoted each other's bits as we went along, and rolled up our sleeves to take the first draft to the second (quite a lot of words), and, by the end of it, neither of us was entirely certain who had written what. It was indeed plotted in long daily phone calls, and we would post floppy disks (and this was back in 1988 when floppy disks really were pretty darn floppy) back and forth.[6]

Terry Pratchett said:

I think this is an honest account of the process of writing Good Omens. It was fairly easy to keep track of because of the way we sent discs to one another, and because I was Keeper of the Official Master Copy I can say that I wrote a bit over two thirds of Good Omens. However, we were on the phone to each other every day, at least once. If you have an idea during a brainstorming session with another guy, whose idea is it? One guy goes and writes 2,000 words after thirty minutes on the phone, what exactly is the process that's happening? I did most of the physical writing because:

I had to. Neil had to keep Sandman going – I could take time off from the DW;
    One person has to be overall editor, and do all the stitching and filling and slicing and, as I've said before, it was me by agreement – if it had been a graphic novel, it would have been Neil taking the chair for exactly the same reasons it was me for a novel;
    I'm a selfish bastard and tried to write ahead to get to the good bits before Neil.
    Initially, I did most of Adam and the Them and Neil did most of the Four Horsemen, and everything else kind of got done by whoever – by the end, large sections were being done by a composite creature called Terryandneil, whoever was actually hitting the keys. By agreement, I am allowed to say that Agnes Nutter, her life and death, was completely and utterly mine. And Neil proudly claims responsibility for the maggots. Neil's had a major influence on the opening scenes, me on the ending. In the end, it was this book done by two guys, who shared the money equally and did it for fun and wouldn't do it again for a big clock.[4]

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.